PDA

View Full Version : Prequel DVD Bonus Commentaries Disappearing?

Pendo
03-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Is it just my computer or are the Bonus Commentaries on the Star Wars DVD Website no longer up?

I have never watched them before and was about to watch them, and they're not there :cry:!

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
03-27-2004, 01:08 PM
I guess it was only time before that capability was lost. That is the main reason why all that junk should be on the DVD's and not limited to online viewing. I've never had a DVD player on my computer so all that extra stuff was worthless. I hope they don't pull this kind of stuff on the SW set this Fall.

2-1B
03-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Perfectly stated, Exhaust Port.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-29-2004, 11:12 AM
I guess it was only time before that capability was lost. That is the main reason why all that junk should be on the DVD's and not limited to online viewing. I've never had a DVD player on my computer so all that extra stuff was worthless. I hope they don't pull this kind of stuff on the SW set this Fall.

I understand the frustration there, EP, but I have to disagree with you on one thing. There were something like three different commentaries you could get on dvd.starwars.com. The one that was the most interesting to me was the silent commentary. Instead of listening to G.Lu and Co for 2+ hours you had the option of playing the movie with little popup-like blurbs constantly running under the movie screen. Every 20 seconds or so a new caption would appear with some sort of interesting background material in one of three categories like a "did you notice?" one where they would mention easter eggs or other related items.

LucasFilm would actually change the content every few months so you could watch a different commentary. I remember seeing three different ones for EP1 and two for EP2 before they pulled the plug.

Yeah, most of the stuff could/should have been put on the DVD, but this one particular commentary was really cool, IMO, because it did get regularly changed.

JediTricks
03-30-2004, 12:47 AM
While I personally can't stand when DVD content is done as online or DVD-ROM style, taking it away sounds pretty lousy to me.

BTW, I renamed this thread to be more specific and hopefully catch more attention.