PDA

View Full Version : Pics of new cards and figures...Falcon

Kidhuman
03-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Wow, these look real nice. Check me out (http://www.mousedroid.com/toyfair2004-hasbro.htm)

plo koon 200
03-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Yup, I'm kind of disappointed with the Neo-Vintage Clamshell but the basic figures packaging looks awesome.

Hellboy
03-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Looks very retro and cool.

Why use the vintage card of Ben using a yellow lightsaber though? Sure it looks cool because it's exactly like the vintage version but wouldn't a corrected saber color be appropriate?

Overall I like the OTC stuff because it puts the fun back into being a carded collector. I'm sure I'll still get more enjoyment out of tearing them open for my loose collection though. :D

Turbowars
03-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Yup, I'm kind of disappointed with the Neo-Vintage Clamshell but the basic figures packaging looks awesome.Why, it looks just like a Star Case. What where you expecting? A $20 Acrylic case, because that's what I wanted.:ermm:

jjreason
03-29-2004, 01:02 AM
I really like the vintage - look cardbacks. Can't wait to get them. Still trying to decide whether I'll need to buy 2 runs of these figures, or just buy one to open and keep the empty cards. In the name of marital harmony, option B may have to be good enough.

Kidhuman
03-29-2004, 01:07 AM
I really like the vintage - look cardbacks. Can't wait to get them. Still trying to decide whether I'll need to buy 2 runs of these figures, or just buy one to open and keep the empty cards. In the name of marital harmony, option B may have to be good enough.

You tell your wife "I" said to let you buy 3 sets of them. One for carded, one to open, and for for KH. Afterall, I am the must have action figure of 2004 :beard:

JEDIpartner
03-29-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm digging the new cards. The backgrounds have incorporated the insert background idea from early Saga packages and the overall look of the vintage line. All in all... I'd have to say this is their best try yet! It's very eye-catching.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-29-2004, 12:42 PM
The cards look nice, but I'm not gonna buy old figures just to get a new card. I hope they continue this card style for a while.

On the lightsabers, it looks like they're rereleasing the orange and green ones from 2002/2003. Either that, or they put in the wrong ones and really mean to release Luke and Vader sabers again, which is probably the right answer. Either way, I need Luke's and the green and orange ones so whichever way they do it is fine by me.

JEDIpartner
03-29-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't have much choice with the reissues since I'm signed up with KEBco. The nice thing is that I have a nephew who will be getting some good cast-offs this year. :)

Reefer Shark
03-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Man.... I think those OTC cards look awesome! I have a feeling I'll be keeping quite a few more carded figures in '04 than I ever have before.

I'm so all over that newly packaged Death Star Clash Vader too. That's one re-re-release that I won't mind seeing on the shelf. Hopefully he'll be easier to find than the Saga version.....

Ric Olie
03-30-2004, 01:15 PM
They do look great but if the price goes up to 5.99 I doubt I'll be buying many if I can even find them.

JEDIpartner
03-30-2004, 01:34 PM
When they say $5 figure... I think they mean $4.99. A $5.99 figure would be a $6 figure... ;)

jjreason
03-30-2004, 02:03 PM
I don't have much choice with the reissues since I'm signed up with KEBco. The nice thing is that I have a nephew who will be getting some good cast-offs this year. :)

JP - Kebco doesn't make me buy the rereleases, and I'm in the club too. I asked last year and they said I could opt out.

I read today that Canadian Toys R Us stores have updated their computers to include the upcoming OTC toys complete with prices. Their description of the new Falcon toy intrigued me however:

"Millenium Falcon with figure - 79.99"

Anyone else heard this? Error? Surprise figure? Input please.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Seeing as how we've already seen both front and back pictures of the box, I'm gonna say that it won't come with a pack-in figure. Maybe there is a promotion to get a figure to clear out the pegs up there in Canada.

Even more disturbing is the price. In US dollars, that's about $60. :sur:

Kidhuman
03-30-2004, 11:32 PM
WHy are they killing us with these prices? Bring back the OTC prices......20 bucks for the Falcon

JEDIpartner
03-31-2004, 09:28 AM
JP - Kebco doesn't make me buy the rereleases, and I'm in the club too. I asked last year and they said I could opt out.
I'd opt out too... but I understand their dilemma that if too many people do this, they won't be getting in any of the cases that will even contain new figures along with the re-releases. Anyhow... I will keep some of these re-releases and some I will give to my nephew of the child of a nice co-worker. So, in the end, it's really no big deal for me.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2004, 09:30 AM
The vintage Faclon retailed for $29.95-$34.95. I remember that well because I had to save for eons in order to get one when I was a kid. I bought it when it went on sale for $26.95 at a Zayre discount store. Ahhh... those were the days.

Still... at $29.95, that would be quite a bargain these days!

jjreason
03-31-2004, 09:42 AM
I'd opt out too... but I understand their dilemma that if too many people do this, they won't be getting in any of the cases that will even contain new figures along with the re-releases. Anyhow... I will keep some of these re-releases and some I will give to my nephew of the child of a nice co-worker. So, in the end, it's really no big deal for me.

I'm wondering if the new figures will be packed in with the rereleases, or if the new figures will take up cases all on their own. Either way, Kebco will need to order every case in order to keep their super-completists happy. I don't think much of it will be sitting around.

Kidhuman
03-31-2004, 10:30 AM
JJ, they are mixed cases, re-releases and new stuff. The case I have preordered is the Dagobah wave, it comes with the 4 new figures , Luke X-wing, Luke Jedi Han and Vader. Looks like I will be hitting ebay with a few of these guys. Imight keep the Vader though and open it.

Darth Alex
04-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Just wondering, where are the rest of the photos of the OTC Vintage Style figures?
And for that matter, I'd like to see multiple loose shots of the TIE so I can see if I want to wait for it or buy the KB one.
I checked with my comic shop yesterday, still no new Tomarts-maybe some shots are in the mag?

rust
04-25-2004, 06:56 PM
The vintage Faclon retailed for $29.95-$34.95. I remember that well because I had to save for eons in order to get one when I was a kid. I bought it when it went on sale for $26.95 at a Zayre discount store. Ahhh... those were the days.

Still... at $29.95, that would be quite a bargain these days!
If only the dollar were worth mpre than it was worth back then. I would then forsee it as a $20 dollar ship.

Boxes look sweet. But the figure is what counts. I'm already not getting some figures (becuase I have a POTF2 version of most), andI'm not much of a carded collector.