PDA

View Full Version : Which Figures Are Still Out There?

Scackmgackm
03-28-2004, 09:57 AM
I think I am going to be posting this is multiple threads, as I think it is a valid question for all the various figure lines, so please Mr. Moderator, don't take this as spamming. :D

When I go online, and look at EBay or online stores for figures, one question consistently occurs to me: is there ANY chance I am going to find these figures on the pegs one day, and get really ticked-off that I paid secondary market prices for them? I once placed an order at Yestertoys for like six figures and then found ALL of them within a two-week period on pegs between Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU, and while I hadn't paid that much more for them, I was still irked.

Is there anyplace on SSG that lists what waves are currently shipping? Might it not be a cool idea to have something in the collector's database that tells us when figures are NOT shipping anymore, such that we know when to buy from the secondary market?

Thanks to any and all for your help. By the way, the figure that I am thinking about currently is Ephant Mon. I don't think he is shipping anymore, but I want to make sure before I pay the outrageous prices I am seeing on EBay and such.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-28-2004, 11:38 AM
No, Ephant Mon isn't shipping anymore. For Saga, you'll pretty much only find some 2004 figures and maybe some crappy pegwarmers (Chancellor Palpatine, Pilot Jango, Pilot Padmé), plus some of the newer Ultra sets. Here's a Saga list of what's probably available now:
Hoth wave (not shipping, I think) - Hoth Trooper, Luke, R-3PO
Tatooine wave (same deal) - Jedi Luke, Bar R2-D2, R1-G4
Jabba's Palace wave (shipping) - Skiff Lando, Rappertunie, Holo Luke, J'Quille, Tanus Spijek (with other figures)
Battle of Yavin wave (shipping) - Dodonna, Antilles, TIE Pilot, Gold Leader
Ultra wave 1 (not shipping) - C-3PO, General Rieekan, Wampa (re-shipped)
Ultra wave 2 (shipping) - Jabba, Court Denizens
Ultra wave 3 (shipping) - Kamino Obi-Wan, Kamino Jango

You won't be able to find all of these in stores, but some you will. I only have the first two basic waves, but all of the Ultra, so I guess it's the luck of the draw. There are more waves coming soon - Star Destroyer, Endor, and an Ultra Ewok with glider, but those won't be out for a month or so.

Old Fossil
03-29-2004, 12:16 PM
There was a report on another site last week that the Star Destroyer wave had been found at a Wal-Mart somewhere in the Midwest (Indiana, I think it was). I don't recall seeing a scan of the receipt, though.

Kidhuman
03-29-2004, 12:39 PM
The Star Destroyer wave has hit. I have seen numerous reprots on here and other boards, so they are out there. Keep your eyes peeled for em.

BoShek
03-30-2004, 11:09 AM
I keep seeing repackaged ones like Yoda and the young Jedi and the young Jedi two pack (sorry I forget their names) and Ack Med but no Fayannis.

hango fett
03-30-2004, 11:29 AM
have yet to see the star destroyer wave. just found ultra jango and obi the other day (re-packs)
HF

Ric Olie
03-30-2004, 12:03 PM
I'm still waiting for the Jabba's Palace and Yavin waves to hit my area. Why doesn't Texas get the figures when everybody else does. We're the 2nd largest state for crying out loud!

Kidhuman
03-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Faytonni was a HTF the first time around. The repacks you are seeing, Hasbro put out becuase of the distribution problems last year.

I still havent seen the SD wave myself