PDA

View Full Version : Luke as Jedi Knight

potj01
12-12-2001, 06:55 PM
Am I the only one that thinks we need a decent Luke Jedi Knight? With the kick butt potj figs (Fett, Lando, Han Bespin .. etc), Hasbro could make a cool Luke Jedi...all the ones out there stink in my opinion. I am not big on resculpts, but this one is badly needed...

bigbarada
12-12-2001, 07:13 PM
If you go digging through the countless "most wanted" or "top 10" threads, you'd see that most of us have been clamoring for a decent Luke Jedi figure.

mylow thehutt
12-12-2001, 07:47 PM
;) I agree we get all these darth mauls and still no jedi luke,just hope for the best.

hamsterboy
12-13-2001, 01:37 AM
I would like to see one that comes with extra hands. One hand could have the blast on it,the other one could be painted black for the glove.

GNT
12-13-2001, 07:07 AM
I would like to see one with heaps of articulation(who wouldn't?) Maybe like the "Jedi Duel" figures from the Episode 1 line :)

Wolfwood319
12-13-2001, 07:56 AM
I think its ironic that the best articulation for Jedis hasn't been seen since the original E1 release, IMO.

The fact that the figures could hold a lightsabre with 2 hands was one of the few things I liked about any E1 figure. Why don't they stick with good ideas...:(

We've had many incarnations of the Jedi Luke figure, but none seem to please. (I personally liked the Skiff Luke and the Final Jedi Duel Luke) but we have yet to get the definitive ROTJ Luke, carded.

Just add him to the list of figures we want but won't see for a while...

Darkross
12-13-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I think its ironic that the best articulation for Jedis hasn't been seen since the original E1 release, IMO.

The fact that the figures could hold a lightsabre with 2 hands was one of the few things I liked about any E1 figure. Why don't they stick with good ideas...:(

We've had many incarnations of the Jedi Luke figure, but none seem to please. (I personally liked the Skiff Luke and the Final Jedi Duel Luke) but we have yet to get the definitive ROTJ Luke, carded.

Just add him to the list of figures we want but won't see for a while...

I AGREE 100 %...but it would also be nice to have a Bespin Luke with the same articulation (being able to hold the lightsaber with both hands). To date...I think that Flashback Darth Vader is the best one so far...and is one of my favorite figures!

Starfig873
12-13-2001, 12:05 PM
Speaking of Bespin Luke, what happened to those "CD-ROM" figures? I think there was supposed to be a "fireworks" Vader too ;) :D

Yeah we do need a POTJ but will probably end up being just a Star Wars Luke Jedi. I rather like the Tatooine wih Luke Jedi. :)

Darkross
12-13-2001, 12:32 PM
CD-ROM figures....yeah the Battle Damage - Bespin Luke looks awesome...however I don't imagine that we will see them anytime soon. Maybe when AOTC figures have flooded the market...Hasbro will get busy and make more of the classic trilogy figures that we're all hungry for! Not to mention the Imperial Shuttle (Don't get me started on that one!)

potj01
12-13-2001, 12:33 PM
What Luke would you use in a diorama of Jabba's Throne room? I hate the potf2 one. I never saw the Skiff Jedi Luke and only saw the Rancor one in pictures, and I remember seeing the one with the planet but I didn't care for him. I have customized one, but there may be a better version out there. Are any of them good?

PS - hope this post fits within the parameters of potj...not sure how strict this forum is...just move it if it's trouble...just thought I'd get some opinions via/thru a thread that I started.

Wolfwood319
12-13-2001, 01:22 PM
In my Jabba's Throne Room scene I'm using the Luke that came with the Rancor with a custom cloak. I think that's the Luke to go with for that particular scene.

Chances are if the market gets flooded again by prequel figure lines, we won't see too many classic trilogy figures. Be thankful for what you have.

Darkross
12-13-2001, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
In my Jabba's Throne Room scene I'm using the Luke that came with the Rancor with a custom cloak. I think that's the Luke to go with for that particular scene.

Chances are if the market gets flooded again by prequel figure lines, we won't see too many classic trilogy figures. Be thankful for what you have.

I fear the same thing...I don't expect Hasbro to be making very many more classic trilogy figures in the coming years. The focus is going to be on the new trilogy...which I have no interest in collecting...except for a few select figures.

JEDIpartner
12-13-2001, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
Speaking of Bespin Luke, what happened to those "CD-ROM" figures?

My question is a simple one... I kept hearing about the CD-ROM figures, but no details were given. What was supposed to be on the CD-ROM...?!!!:confused:

mylow thehutt
12-13-2001, 05:01 PM
:happy: How about the EU verison of jedi luke the one with the brown fishing vest:cool:

Sith Worm
12-13-2001, 06:52 PM
All i ask for in this fig if redone is to have the flap on his chest.

mylow thehutt
12-13-2001, 08:01 PM
ooo,good one worm;)

Darkross
12-14-2001, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Sith Worm
All i ask for in this fig if redone is to have the flap on his chest.

Yes, I agree...that would be a nice touch!

Obi-Don
12-14-2001, 09:08 AM
I would have to agree with everybody here.It would be hard pressed to see any classic trilogy figures made.Its funny when you think about it.Most of the buyers are people like us but they don't give the people what they want.I know that these are toys and toys are focused at the kiddies,but by now they should know that most of thier buyers are collectors.Oh well,how many times have we fussed about this one?

jedi master sal
12-14-2001, 09:42 AM
too many times. write to or post in the DEAR HASBRO forum.

I for one am moderately satisfied with the figures.
The sculpts are getting better but even if they wern't I wouldn't be too disapointed (spelling?) after all these are just toys and many of us are grown men. Ahem, I guess I should say adults as to not leave out those of the feminine persuasion.

If Hasbro stuck to their guns with the "not as good looking scuplts , we may have seen more of the figures we wanted. Because we are demanding better looking toys, the price goes up as well as the time to develope a new figure.

The way I see it, we could have accepted lesser quality figs but more characters or the way it is now with higher quality but less figs to choose from.

What are your opinions?

Starfig873
12-14-2001, 12:13 PM
Well I am obviously happy with the figures, I wouldn't buy the little plastic demons if I didn't love em'.

Of course they're toys, but they are a link to our history too. So many of us are grown men, big deal. We don't seem to have any shame buying toys...nor should we.

And in no way should we accept lesser quality figs so they'll, supposedly, be out sooner! And the price goes up? Egads man, so what? Maybe we pay for what we get and what we want?

We post these suggestions or wants, because we think it's a cool idea. I doubt any of us expect Hasbro to jump to making any of our ideas. But we let them know what we want. And that's how H knows where to go. And if all this seems repetitive, good. Better way to keep the fire going I say.

jedi master sal
12-14-2001, 12:50 PM
also realize though that Hasbro took a hit as well as their vendors ie TRU, Wal mart etc. on certain toys..... ellors madak is everywhere. 12 in sandtrooper w/ dewback is not a piddily $30 and who can forget the queen's ship fiasco. They may hear what we are saying but with heavy losses, I doubt they are going to listen. big difference there.

You are correct however that we should still make or opinion known, on the off chance the big H does perk up its ear.

As for the comment of being grown that was just a little raz. no offense intended to anyone. I am the biggest kid sometimes. When I find a new toy or fig I have been known to do a little jig in the isle (that's a dance for those uncultered among us) (again just a joke!)

okay to switch subjects back to luke and his many sculpts.

what is your absolute favorite one sculpt of luke (any line)?
and more specifically potj line?

Darkross
12-14-2001, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
also realize though that Hasbro took a hit as well as their vendors ie TRU, Wal mart etc. on certain toys..... ellors madak is everywhere. 12 in sandtrooper w/ dewback is not a piddily $30 and who can forget the queen's ship fiasco. They may hear what we are saying but with heavy losses, I doubt they are going to listen. big difference there.

You are correct however that we should still make or opinion known, on the off chance the big H does perk up its ear.

As for the comment of being grown that was just a little raz. no offense intended to anyone. I am the biggest kid sometimes. When I find a new toy or fig I have been known to do a little jig in the isle (that's a dance for those uncultered among us) (again just a joke!)

okay to switch subjects back to luke and his many sculpts.

My Favorite Sculpts of Luke:

1 - Luke Bespin Fatigues (Best)
2 - Luke Hoth Fatigues (Nice Detail - even though it doesn't look like Luke)
3 - Luke Xwing Pilot 1995 - POTF2 (I just don't like the POTJ resculpt)
4 - Luke Jedi Final Duel Cinema Scene (I still have to get this one)
5 - Luke with Skiff (Another one I have yet to buy):)

bigbarada
12-14-2001, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal

POTJ Luke X-Wing, the only Luke I actually have displayed and the coolest looking one so far. Luke was never my favorite character in the OT and I like his X-Wing duds because they are the most colorful and this figure finally does him justice.

Although a really well made Luke in Snowspeeder Pilot gear or a resculpted Ceremonial Luke would be my most wanted versions.

Starfig873
12-14-2001, 07:19 PM
Ooooh...so hard to choose, so hard to choose! :D

My faaaavorite Luke..I think I'm going to go with good ol' Luke with blast shield helmet. It's the best Tatooine Luke we've gotton IMO. :)

:crazed:

Darth Rage
12-16-2001, 02:35 AM
(attack of the clones!)

No no more luke!!!!!

The luke that came with the rancor monster or the final duel jedi knight were pretty good sculps of luke.