PDA

View Full Version : Chef Boyardee Giveaway

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-29-2004, 10:46 PM
We purchased a case of Chef Boyardee's Beef Ravolis, not too long ago :) and I didn't notice until after it was bought that there is a Star Wars Clone Wars tie-in.

If you peel the label of each can (and believe me, it ain't easy) it will reveal if you have won the following prizes.

GRAND PRIZE: large screen high definition t.v.
FIRST PRIZE: Ultimate Collection of toys from Hasbro. (25 winners, not sure what it contains. I betcha there is more information on the website Cartoon Network (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/chefclonewars)
SECOND PRIZE: A Star Wars Electronic Lightsaber (10,000 Winners)

EVERYONE: A Clone Wars digital card. All you have to do is mail in the label and visit the website. I haven't been saving them, but if anyone wants one, I still have about 4 cans left, I can send them one.

Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy another can of meaty goodness.

Rocketboy
03-30-2004, 12:55 AM
Ohhhh...by the title of this thread, I assumed you giving away some Chef Boyardee...
*takes spoon and walks away*

(No, not really)

bobafrett
03-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I read about it in the news section. I usually don't even look over at the Chef boyardee section, but it was across the way from the cereal, and I just happened to glance over and saw a picture of Mace in his Cartoon network form. I searched the rest of the product, and found two other types of boyardee food with different Clone Wars animated characters on them. I have bought about 10 cans so far, no winners as of yet.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-30-2004, 10:58 PM
I have bought about 10 cans so far, no winners as of yet.

Correction BF, you are forgetting one very important winner. . . your tummy! :) :D :p . . .

(notices deafening silence) . . .

:neutral: :ermm: :( :cry:

(Leaves stage crying).

bobafrett
03-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Correction BF, you are forgetting one very important winner. . . your tummy! :) :D :p . . . :neutral: :ermm: :( :cry:

(Leaves stage crying).

Who says I eat the stuff, I just buy the cans and take off the label. :crazed:

r2dee2
03-31-2004, 02:01 PM
The labels can ;) be found on cans of:

Mini Ravioli
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Overstuffed Beef Ravioli
Beefaroni
Beef Ravioli

AND some boxed Chefboyardee. Full list and pictures at RS (http://www.rebelscum.com/swdb/results.asp?st=&sm=conagra&se=&su=&sp=&sid=)

bobafett07728
04-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Is it me, or are these promotional items difficult to locate? I've only found a few cans, the pizza kit, and one of the deepdish meals, and those I found over two weeks ago. I can't seem to find anymore of this stuff, even the stuff I already have! Was this an ultra-quick promotion, or has some of this stuff yet to hit the stores. I imagine that Chef Boyardee products have an extended shelf-life, so I would assume these Clone Wars cans would be around a little while. Hmmmm. . .

r2dee2
04-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Well, I'm not certain as to how fast this promotion is going, on the mainland, here in Hawaii we are just now getting some of the cans. I just found the Spaghetti and Meatballs last week, so I'd guess it just depends on your area. I haven't seen ANY of the boxed deep dish stuff. Hang in there for now :D

Kidhuman
04-12-2004, 07:44 PM
I saw these cans once, and never again. Shame I dont like this stuff really.

bobafett07728
04-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Shame I dont like this stuff really.

This was the first time I had tried Chef Boyardee. Let me say. . . after my first can, I immediately called my mother and thanked her for not succepting us to this as kids. The sauce is just horrendous. I've fought through future cans (I would like one of each variety) by scraping their "sauce" off, and putting real sauce on it. The pasta isn't that bad. . . the sauce really ruins it. The pizza kit made a really crummy pizza. Oh yeah, and it was REAL easy to make. :rolleyes: The dough just stuck my hands, and it doesn't come with cheese. :( However, I made the cheeseburger macaroni deep dish thing last week, and was presently surprised. The crust was really good on that one. So. . . one decent meal so far, and about five stinkers. Can't wait for my next one! :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-13-2004, 12:56 PM
If you are in desperate need of some of the Clone Wars/Chef Boyardee cans try BJ's or Sam's Club. They had a whole palette of the stuff when I went and I can't imagine them selling all of them in a short amount of time. Of course that would mean you have to get a whole case, but hey, more meaty goodness to go around! :kiss:

bobafrett
04-14-2004, 07:37 AM
While I was staying one summer up in Wisconsin, living on my own, I lived for an entire 2 weeks on Chef Boyardee products. When my parents came to visit, I had a healthy meal of a salad and other good normal food. This sent my body into shock, and I ended up with diarrhea.

Oh, and I bought 4 more cans last night, just in an attempt to win some Boyardee bootie!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-30-2004, 09:11 PM
While I was staying one summer up in Wisconsin, living on my own, I lived for an entire 2 weeks on Chef Boyardee products. When my parents came to visit, I had a healthy meal of a salad and other good normal food. This sent my body into shock, and I ended up with diarrhea.

I think my body is so used to processed food, that any organic, natural, healthy stuff would too cause my body functions to shut down. I need to gradually change my diet.

Oh, and I bought 4 more cans last night, just in an attempt to win some Boyardee bootie!

I bought a whole case with 8 cans and no luck. :mad: If you ask me, they never hand out the grand prize for contests like these. They just try to get our hopes up by telling us there's a chance to win it, when there really isn't. In turn, we stock up on the stuff. Worse yet, they probably hand out the prizes out to company employees and laugh in our faces.

Kidhuman
04-30-2004, 10:04 PM
You did win the Grand Prize. A Grand stomach ache and lots of diarrhea. :beard:

r2dee2
05-01-2004, 12:42 AM
I read at another forum that Conagra, who owns Chef Boyardee, also owns some popcorn companies and that they were going to have a SW promotion for those as well. I THINK it was Jolly Time and Orville Red. Has anybody else seen any reports that this is indeed true?

Popcorn (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=46732)