PDA

View Full Version : April 2004: Monthly DVD Round-Up!!!

Beast
03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the April edition of my monthly DVD round-up. I'm getting this up a couple days early. So everyone can plan their purchases better. Not a very big month for me, thankfully. After March was such a killer. Here's my planned purchases, and a list of the releases for that month. :)

April 6th:
In Living Color: Season 1 (Maybe)

April 13th:
-Nothing-

April 20th:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) - Season 1

April 27th:
The Monster Legacy Collection: Dracula/Frankenstein/Werewolf

http://www.comingsoon.net/dvd/apr04.php

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B'Omarr Monkey
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM
This is a very unbalanced month for me. I already have copies of "Kill Bill pt. 1" and "Big Fish", so I don't need to pick those up again. I will probably get "Jack The Giant Killer" for my kids. That's it for the beginning of the month.

At the end of the month, I'm going to get clobbered. I'm going to get both the Hammer Horror Collection and the Universal Monster Legacy collection, even though I am fortunate enough to own the Universal box set from a few years ago. I never bought the latter Frankenstein's, Werewolf of London and a couple of the others on the double dic sets, and this is cheaper than picking up copies of those on the secondary markets.Plus, there's those nice Sideshow minibusts.

I'm hoping enough of these will sell to get Universal to put out a set of their Mummy movies again as well as abunch of the stuff that never made it out on DVD such as "The Black Cat," "Tarantula," etc.

Rocketboy
03-29-2004, 11:47 PM
I want to see Love Actually, Big Fish, and Stuck on You before I buy 'em.
I was going to get Kill Bill, but I'll probably wait for the complete set.

Booty Call: The Bootiest Edition looks interesting...ha ha ha!

Sentinel18725
03-29-2004, 11:53 PM
I think that I'm going to wait for Kill Bill...I'd like to see if they are going to do a deluxe double disc of part 1 and 2. Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything about a box set of the Matrix?

Fat Man and Little Boy...gotta love those historical pics...especially those with Paul Newman and John cusack and the atomic bombs

Final countdown....comes out tomorrow, but I still bulk it into April...
Big Fish...must

Rocketboy
03-29-2004, 11:57 PM
I think that I'm going to wait for Kill Bill...I'd like to see if they are going to do a deluxe double disc of part 1 and 2. Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything about a box set of the Matrix? They are for Kill Bill and I'm pretty sure they are for The Matrix.

Pendo
03-30-2004, 02:12 AM
Here's this month's list for me :). Looks like quite a good month for DVDs :):

2nd April
The Matrix: Revolutions

5th April
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2-disc Collector's Edition)

12th April
Schindler's List (Collector's Box Set)

19th April
Kill Bill, Volume 1

26th April
Peter Pan

PENDO!

Silent Chazz
03-30-2004, 05:42 AM
Basically all I PLAN on buying this month are:

The Matrix Revolutions, some Yu Yu Hakusho Anime DVDs, and some Rurouni Kenshin Anime DVDs. I know, I know, big spender! lol

If I plan on getting anything else, I'll report it in this thread.

On a Side Note: When is Daredevil 1.5 scheduled to release?

Beast
03-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Daredevil 1.5 was moved to next year, to tie in with the Elektra movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
03-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Daredevil 1.5 was moved to next year, to tie in with the Elektra movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Do you know if the UK will be getting the Daredevil 1.5?

PENDO!

Beast
03-30-2004, 02:56 PM
No clue. If you guys got the X-Men 1.5, I would assume you'd get Daredevil 1.5 also. Even though the British Censors may have a stink about some of the extra violence and such. We'll have to wait and see. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
03-30-2004, 07:05 PM
My list for April:

4-6
The Matrix Revolutions

4-13
Kill Bill Volume 1 (DTS)

Timeline

4-20
The Haunted Mansion

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (DTS-ES Matrix 6.1)

Wild Things (Unrated)

4-27
Big Fish

Stuck On You

The Matrix Revolutions I have already, and Kill Bill I should have by Thursday, but this is it unless something else pops up that I don't know about.

Edit: Correction

evenflow
03-31-2004, 08:41 AM
April 6th:
Police Academy Collection

That is really all, these last 2 months have been slow, its a good thing becuase I am sure this box set will be expensive. I may be picking up the TMNT on April 20th, or just try to pick up a couple of older things I want.

Hellboy
03-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Not a real big month for me.

April 6th: The Matrix: Revolutions

April 13th: Kill Bill Vol. 1

April 20th: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2-disc Collector's Edition)

evenflow
04-01-2004, 08:22 AM
May i just ask a question to all of you who have these DVD's early, HOW?