PDA

View Full Version : Flesh colored mini-figures

LusiferSam
03-31-2004, 12:07 AM
This doesn't apply to the Star Wars line, yet, but I just got a new S@H catalog and it had a lot of flesh colored mini-figures. We're not talking about the NBA stuff, both the Spider-Man and Harry Potter sets now have flesh colored mini-figures. So my question is do you want to the SW line go flesh colored? And why or not why?

bobafrett
03-31-2004, 06:13 AM
Yes, just as long as they make all the characters they have already put out with the newer flesh colored figures (especially slave Leia). I was glad when they made Lando, now give the others the more proper skin color.

Bosskman
03-31-2004, 06:14 AM
NO WAY! This is an abomination! I CALL INCOMPATIBILITY ON THIS ONE!!

Kidhuman
03-31-2004, 08:25 AM
I dont care, because the only flesh on a SW figure is the face mostly.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-31-2004, 11:33 AM
I don't know why this irks me, but I wish they would just keep them the same. It's like when they made New Coke in the 80's. Lando is the exception. It just made sense the way they did him.

JediTricks
03-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Personally, I like the Simpsonian neutrality of the yellow coloring, Lego wouldn't be Lego if they were flesh colored minifigs. I didn't dig it on the NBA figs and I don't think I'll dig it on the Spidey figs, and Bosskman's "incompatibility" claim is a good point too! If I were a Harry Potter or Spidey LEGO collector, I'd be quite honked that all my previous minifigs would look different from the new ones.

Besides NBA, the only Lego line that has consistantly used flesh coloring on its figures has been Belleville, and I certainly don't want SW to be associated with that. (Ok, if we had Belleville-style SW Lego figures, that'd be a different story, but we can't so my statement still stands ;))

LusiferSam
04-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Personally, I like the Simpsonian neutrality of the yellow coloring, Lego wouldn't be Lego if they were flesh colored minifigs. I didn't dig it on the NBA figs and I don't think I'll dig it on the Spidey figs, and Bosskman's "incompatibility" claim is a good point too! If I were a Harry Potter or Spidey LEGO collector, I'd be quite honked that all my previous minifigs would look different from the new ones.

Besides NBA, the only Lego line that has consistantly used flesh coloring on its figures has been Belleville, and I certainly don't want SW to be associated with that. (Ok, if we had Belleville-style SW Lego figures, that'd be a different story, but we can't so my statement still stands ;))
That's exactly how I feel. Lego mini-figures just aren't same when flesh colored. I have little to no interest in the Harry Potter junk, but I did buy the first couple of Spider-Man set. And I was really looking forward to some new ones. Now if someone buy the new sets for me, I'd return them.
I'd also go as far to say that I'd stop collecting the SW set if they went flesh colored. For the most part I really what Lego done with the SW line and I don't really want to stop collecting it but not buying this flesh colored crap is the best form of protest I have.

Darth Alex
04-16-2004, 03:21 PM

But would anyone buy SW Lego figures done in a Simpson Style?:crazed:
If the Simpsons toy line and SW intersect, I'd buy a few...

Deoxyribonucleic
04-16-2004, 04:08 PM
It's gotta stay yellow....they've been yellow since the 70's dadgummit (exception the creature/droids minis) I wouldn't even mind if lando were yellow!

Make all the humans yellow I say!

:Pirate:

LusiferSam
05-31-2004, 11:47 AM
Lego has gone and really ticked me off this time. I was cruising around the S@H web site last night and found myself checking out pictures of the new Falcon. One of the pictures is of the mini-figures. Han and Leia are both flesh toned rather then yellow.
NOOOO!!!
One of the few new sets I was really looking forward to and they go and screw it up big time. I guess I could buy some yellow hands and yellow Han and Leia heads. But that's not a real solution because sooner or later there will be a mini-figure I can't do that with. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm finding this situation intolerable.

JediTricks
06-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I read a review of the set, it definitely is using the flesh color despite the prototypes having classic yellow. This has been one of the factors that has kept me from buying the set. I think Lego has made a blunder in the vein of Mattel with their Harry Potter line, changing the figure sizes and styles, though obviously Lego's is not as big as that foolish mistake. Another problem I have is that maybe I could get used to this new style, but at $100 for the first set, it's too expensive for me to take that kind of risk especially without reading a lot more positive reviews of the figs.

dindae
06-01-2004, 08:56 PM
You know you can always swap heads. That being said I definately think the yellow is better. If I wanted flesh color I would buy Kubricks.

LusiferSam
06-01-2004, 10:40 PM
You know you can always swap heads.
Its not the same thing. And it won't work if Han's collar is open because it will be fleshed toned not yellow. It will look weird.