PDA

View Full Version : FAO Faambas Clearance

ACPin
12-12-2001, 09:11 PM
You've seen the news post and this looks more like local store markdowns at $18.75 each. I've actually been checking this store since they've announced the closings. It paid off and I was able to get them at this low price. You better check the nearest FAO to you and find out if they've got it. :D

ACPin
12-15-2001, 04:59 PM
For the doubting Thomases out there, I've attached my store receipt of my purchase from FAO. The receipt shows the place where I bought it and even has the phone number for the store. Looks like it is a store markdown and there's no more on their online store.

I called the store today to find out whether they still had them (they still do and lots of them). However, they don't ship out from that store anymore. If you call them up, they'll respond that you have to contact the main office to order it and get it shipped. The main office they're referring to is the one in Manhattan. I didn't try to call them up so it's up to you to find out.

Sorry but I can't oblige to any requests to buy them for anybody else otherwise I'll wind up buying up everything.

vulcantouch
12-16-2001, 11:37 AM
. . .& a tokyo pal axed me to score him the unique-sculpt gungwarrior (he doesn't need the fambaa); so, anyone out there near an fao wanna help me help him? just so long as we keep total cost under $20 (that's the per-figure limit his wife's imposed :eek: ), and of course you may keep the leftover fambaa (i don't want it either) :)
vt

ACPin
12-18-2001, 09:06 AM
A friend of mine tried to get the Faamba on Sunday from the same store that I got it from and the price has been bumped up to $30. After talking to a store personnel, he was told off the record that the price was adjusted on Saturday after more than half of their stock was sold from Wednesday thru Friday. Bummer!

Hmmm, I wonder where all these SW collectors read about the clearance price? :evil:

Jayspawn
12-19-2001, 12:37 AM
There used to be a FAO here in Colorado, but then I found that it had conviently closed when I tried to visit it one day. Blah! I want a Faamba!