PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica Action Fleet?

Jangu Fett
03-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Can it be? Maybe. It seems that toymaking company Joyride Studios is doing a ACTION FLEET type of line based on the classic, and from what I understand, the new BATTLESTAR GALACTICA series. So far their websight has 2 prototype pictures of the classic Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider. It has some details about each, not much though. However it says that both ships are 7 inches long and have, moveable landing gear, opening cockpits, removeable ( and I'm guessing moveable ) pilot figures. Which if the ships are 7 inches SHOULD make the figures roughly ACTION FLEET size. Right? :confused: The release date is Sept. 2004 for that Colonial Viper and Dec. 2004 for the Cylon Raider.

And, I'm only guessing, that next year. Around the time that the new BSG airs, we'll see the updated versions of the ships, BUT, as I said it's only a guess.

OH, yeah I almost forgot they also include display stands. :)

JediTricks
03-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Except for the display stands, sounds like the ones from Trendmasters from a few years back, but I kinda doubt these will be those. I would probably be interested in getting these if they were Action Fleet quality, along with that starfighter from the '70s Buck Rogers, that'd be awesome too.

Releasing the Viper 3 months ahead of the Raider is a huuuuuuuge mistake though, cross-sales are usually key to any toy collectible line.

Jangu Fett
03-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Thats the way Joyride does thing. It's the same for their HALO line. They'll release two or three 8-inch figures, and one vehicle. And if the BSG line is like HALO, the ships should be pretty well detailed. I just hope they are AF size. The Halo vehicle are around that size, but the figures are 3-inches. I don't think that will work for the Galactica ships, especially since the Cylon Raider has 3 pilot figures. Just like in the classic TV series. We'll see.?.?

sergiurusu
04-01-2004, 02:41 AM
this could be GOOD news. any pics or links?

Jangu Fett
04-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Sorry about that guys. :D Here you go. Enjoy.

Battlestar (http://joyridestudios.com/bsg.asp)

sicqnus
04-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Four "classic" waves are initially planned. The Colonial Viper and the Cylon Raider are the first two vehicles and the Pegasus & Cylon Base Star could be next. In 2005, if the sales of the classic line goes well, we will see a second line based on the new 2003/2004 TV show including starships.

Other than that, the Johnny Lightning/Playing Mantis company will launch in the next few months a StarTrek die-cast line. The ships should be approx 4 inches long. First wave to come will include : NCC 1701-A, Romulan BOP (classic), Cardassian Galor cruiser, NX-01, Reliant, Galileo shuttlecraft. Pricepoint will be around $7.49 each.

After the summer, the same company should make two Space 1999 die-cast vehicles (as previously reported in "The Catacombs"). They are unconfirmed at this time.

Jangu Fett
04-01-2004, 03:50 PM
The Pegasus :confused: . Was that the second Battlestar found by Galactica?

I love the original Cylon Basestars. The new ones aren't to bad either, IMO. But, I like the double-saucer classic best. I hope they do both versions of Galactica.

JediTricks
04-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Other than that, the Johnny Lightning/Playing Mantis company will launch in the next few months a StarTrek die-cast line. The ships should be approx 4 inches long. First wave to come will include : NCC 1701-A, Romulan BOP (classic), Cardassian Galor cruiser, NX-01, Reliant, Galileo shuttlecraft. Pricepoint will be around $7.49 each.Please don't let this be an April Fool's joke!!! I so totally want the Ent-A, Reliant, and NX-01 as die-casts, my little heart couldn't stand if this wasn't true.

sicqnus
04-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Here is a pic of the proof card. This is a sample card artwork showed at ToyFair. The ships will be packed with a trading card and a display stand (made of die-cast metal).

Here is the press release :

"Star Trek
Playing Mantis finally gets a piece of America’s Star Trek obsession into its Johnny Lightning lineup. Six spaceships (all new castings) will appear in November, from the Enterprise used in the first Star Trek feature film to the Galileo shuttle featured in the original television series. Each intricately molded and painted plastic model comes packaged with its own die-cast metal stand. Also included are PhotoCards with live-action stills on the front and Star Trek trivia (including ship statistics) on the back. We’ll introduce six more ships in spring 2005, including the original TV series Enterprise."

Star Trek (November) Item #282-01
Enterprise A New Casting!
Romulean Bird of Prey New Casting!
Cardasian Ship New Casting!
NX01 New Casting!
Reliant New Casting!
Galileo New Casting!

Well, the only question is : JL uses to make only DC metal toys but it seems they want to make something closer to the little Furuta & Konami toys (in a bigger size). Maybe they will be in metal, maybe in plastic. I don't know, I haven't seen any proto yet. (Anyway, the cool Jupiter2 they did was metal...).

Pictures of the protos should be available around june/july.

sicqnus
04-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Arrrrgh! File too large again...
second try...

Jangu Fett
04-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Very cool. :) I can't say I'll get all of them, but I will get all Enterprise ships. To bad the Enterprise-E wasn't listed for one of the releases. Maybe, the second wave. I'd really like to see a Starfleet Scout Ship from Insurrection, and a Voth City Ship from Voyager. Speaking of Voyager why not the Delta Flyer.

As for Joyrides BSG line, I really want to see the Raptor Scout, and Colonial 1. From the new series. And a shuttle from the classic. I hope they also do like they do for Halo, Figure Packs. As the same scale of the ships.

matthewilw
04-02-2004, 03:33 PM
if the BSG ships are close to AF scale I'll pick them up with much enthusiasm. I wish joyride would do some af scale Halo stuff, I would kill for a little pelican dropship with masterchief and cortana figures :dead: I would buy an entire fleet of those..don't know why but I've always liked troop-carrying ships more then fighters(like the retrieval and drop ship from starship troopers)

Jangu Fett
04-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Matthewilw, I totally agree with you with the Halo Pelican. I collect the halo line, only the vehicle, but just 1 of each. If they were on scale with the Action Fleet, I'd have like 10 of each. I'd love to see the Pelican, Covenant Dropship and UNSC Longsword Fighters. Each with a couple of micro figures. If only Joyride will do them.

matthewilw
04-02-2004, 10:58 PM
ooooooooh, I forgot about the UNSC fighter. If joyride began making af scale halo vehicles with mini figs I think I would shed a tear or two. :cry: because it would just be so beautiful. There are enough vehicles to make a good line of toys. Normal sets could include the banshee, unsc fighter, pelican, cov. dropship, scorpion attack tank, cov. tank. Battle packs could include the warthog, covenant ghost, covenant artillery, and maybe even those huge cov. troops that have the gun attached to their arm(don't remember the name). Plus with halo 2 coming out I'm sure they could make a few good waves from such a line...oh well, just thinking out loud.

britcit3
04-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Did anybody see the new Galactica mini-series?

I got the DVD of it 2 weeks agO (9.97 uk - bargain).

It really is excellent - the new Vipers and Raiders are much better than the original and the Galactica itself is way cool.

Are there any plans fior versions of these?

Are there any plans to make any more episodes of the new BG (I would not hesitate in bagging these on DVD)?

BC3

JediTricks
04-04-2004, 07:08 PM
sicqnus, thanks for the additional info, that's fantastic! These look like the same size as everything Johnny Lightning, so I'm guessing TRU will have 'em for $4 or $5.

matthewilw
04-04-2004, 09:22 PM

It really is excellent - the new Vipers and Raiders are much better than the original and the Galactica itself is way cool.

Are there any plans to make any more episodes of the new BG (I would not hesitate in bagging these on DVD)?

BC3

I never saw the mini-series. I wanted to, but didn't have access to the sci-fi channel. Any chance anyone has some pictures of the new versions of these ships?

jeddah
04-05-2004, 04:15 AM

BC3

Hi BC3,

Yep, my bro bought me the DVD for my Birthday. Loved the diplomatic ship with the blue prow (you all know know how I am for consular-type craft ;) ) and the Cylon raiders. Also the way they made the vacuum of space affect the noise was quite a nice take on things. The DVD was abit pikey with no bonus features innit?

jeddah
p.s did you see The League of Gentlemen was 32 (I think) in the BBC top UK sitcoms? Which reminds me, are you watching Nighty Night and did you see Little Britain?)

yorkie
04-05-2004, 06:58 AM
Even with all the fan hoo-ah over old vs new, I had to see it. Thought the new mini series was great, very post Babylon 5.

Screencaps from the series and all the ships at:
http://www.galactica2003.net/articles/index.shtml

When the Viper and Raider do come out, anyone know the best place to to order them from overseas (UK). Never seen any of their products in the UK, even Forbidden Planet.

In the meatime I'm looking forward to the new Thunderbirds movie ships from Bandai due in June.

britcit3
04-05-2004, 09:09 AM
LOG only 32?

My word - that's a crime (just wait until it breaks in the US and the yanks try an figure it out!!!!!!!).

Do catch Little Britain when I can - although I think that Tom Bakers narration is the funniest thing in it.

Keep trying to catch Black Books - but by 10pm on a Thursday usually in bed or too drunk to remember seeing it!!

BC3

SWAFMAN
04-05-2004, 12:41 PM
I thought the new mini-series was great. If it were to move to a series, I hope they could maintain the quality of the SFX. I'd rather see it be once a month, and be theatrical-quality production values, than be weekly and take a hit on effects and overall production quality.

Our local cable-TV company rented the movie house in my neighborhood and had a special screening of the new BSG mini-series a few days before it was aired on Sci-Fi Channel. Unfortunately, the screening was by invitation only. I'd have loved to see it on the big screen w/ top-notch sound.

I've heard some folks complain they thought the story lagged, but I only found that a couple times, and not for too long. I think there's a growing problem with shortening attention-spans in too many people, and it's been a learned defecit caused in large part by the entertainment industry who keeps feeding the public more and more rapid-fire edit sequences at the expense of plot and character development. It seems like a lot of people are starting to expect the same level of sensory overload stimulation out of their tv/movie experience, that they get out of a videogame deathmatch with 20 other Internet players.

[probably very stupid question:]

Due to the difference in voltages between USA / Europlaces, is there any compatibility issue with Euro-DVDs vs. USA-DVDs, like there is with PAL / NTSC videotapes?

If this post is too far off-topic for this thread, please delete it rather than moving it to any other place on SSG. I don't want it posted to anywhere else.

thanks!

britcit3
04-05-2004, 03:21 PM
The DVD players are usually formated so that USA region 1 DVDs won't play on EURO region 2 players.

However - this is often a con.

On many players you can "region hack" them - find the code on the internet and turn your players into a multi-region player.

I did this when I got mine and it quite happily plays US region 1 discs.

Just go to Google and enter "region hack DVD" and the make of your player and it should bring up the code that you need to enter.

BC3

jeddah
04-06-2004, 04:56 AM
I think Swaffy is referring to mains voltages (right, Swaffy?). If not, then please ignore this post...

You would just need to get a different PSU for hardware that was bought in the US. The problem occurs where the PSU is hardwired inside the unit. I bought a Tube Microphone from the US because it had 2 PSUs (or plugs) - one for US voltage and one stepped up for UK voltages.

I did what BC3 did and got a cracked region DVD so now I order my DVDs from the cheaper US stores (on the rare occasion that I buy any) and pay a fraction of the price that the UK market charges.

jeddah

Jangu Fett
04-09-2004, 07:36 PM
I didn't know that the new mini Battlestar was avaible on DVD yet. Was it just released this week? I just got back from Disney World. And if any of you are going, check out Tatooine Traders, a gift shop as you exit Star Tours. ( Awesome Ride IMO ) Anyway, while looking around the shop I found the Starspeeder 3000. I know, no big surprise, right. But what did come as a surprise to me was the scale for it. IT PERFECTLY SCALED FOR THE ACTION FLEET!!!!!!!!! I had no idea. The Starspeeder is so cool, with light sound and a AF size droid pilot Rex. you can even remove the top and put mini-figures inside the crew campartment. The doors on the sides open lights go on inside. I'm sorry if this is old news, but, as I said, I had no idea. And for only $20 its a great deal. So if anyone is heading that way, check out Star Tours, Tatooine Trader, and Mission Space. I know thats not star Wars related but, its a truely AWESOME ride. And that also has a AF scaled X-2 Shuttle, in the gift shop. Also was light & sound.

SWAFMAN
04-11-2004, 01:37 AM
I think Swaffy is referring to mains voltages (right, Swaffy?).

I was curious about both the voltage and format differences. Thanks Jeddah & BC3 for the info - I didn't know about the region issues.

Jangu, I hope they have the same selections at SoCal DizzyLand. I may be there this summer. If I go, I'll ask here if I can look for them for anyone on the forum.

Jangu Fett
04-11-2004, 10:58 AM
I just found out from amazon that the studio that made the BSG mini-series ARE NOT releasing it on DVD. Amazon had a sign-on list that will send your name to the studio, to show how many of us want it. Then when a decision is made for releasing the DVD, and a release date is set, they will e-mail everyone on the list, to say when we can get a copy.

And from what I hear Sci-Fi, IS doing a weekly Battlestar Galactica series. I think it will begin airing this October, but thats only a guess. And the cast from the mini-series will be back to play their roles.

britcit3
04-12-2004, 03:23 AM
That's wierd.

The DVD is easily available in the UK (though there was no publicity about its release) - in fact, I got mine in an ASDA supermarket (the UK division of WALMART).

BC3

Jangu Fett
04-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Tell me about it. I am wondering, if I would get a copy from ebay-uk, would it work on a US DVD player or even a PS2?

britcit3
04-13-2004, 01:16 AM
You could probably region hack your player so that it plays region 2 Euro DVD's - see earlier reply in this thread.

I don't think that it will play in your PS2 - but I could be wrong.

BC3

jeddah
04-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Hey BC3,

Go us! eh? (for once!) ;)

There must be plans to release this Stateside, surely!

jeddah

Jangu Fett
04-13-2004, 11:42 AM
If I can't get the DVD, I'm glad other fans could. ;) It means there is still hope for everyone else.

As for plans for the US release? :confused: I'm sure there are plans in place for it to happen, but why wait? The only reason I can think of would be, maybe it'll be released as part of the 1st season DVD. However, that means we in the states well need to wait another year. :cry:

britcit3
04-14-2004, 12:58 AM
Jangu

Do you want me to drop by my local ASDA store in the next few days and see if they have any left?

If they do, they cost 9.97 - about $14 (I think) & postage ($2 ?).

Let me know

REMEMBER - it will be region 2 DVD format.

BC3

Jangu Fett
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Britcit3, thank you for the offer, as tempting as it is. I must pass, I need to watch the funds for a while. Thank you again though. The offer is greatly appreciated.

Scackmgackm
04-17-2004, 11:04 PM
FYI, the new Battlestar Galactica series starts shooting in Vancouver this summer, I believe, and is slated for a 2005 release.

Also, Richard Hatch, who played Apollo on the original series, is going to be have a role on the new series.

You can read all about this on the Sci-fi Channel website.

SWAFMAN
04-18-2004, 12:16 PM
FYI, the new Battlestar Galactica series starts shooting in Vancouver this summer, I believe, and is slated for a 2005 release.

Also, Richard Hatch, who played Apollo on the original series, is going to be have a role on the new series.

You can read all about this on the Sci-fi Channel website.

Wasn't it Hatch who tried a failed attempt at reviving the series once, after the original series died?

Perhaps he maintains some tenuous rights/royalties claim to the franchise, and this was how he was compensated/bought-off from gumming up the works for the release of the new series?

Jangu Fett
04-18-2004, 04:38 PM
I think your right about Hatch trying to get the original BSG back on TV, SWAFMAN. I also believe he's was trying to get a movie going, picking up where the original series left off. With most, if not all, of the original cast. I'm not sure of it, but I think he's still pushing for the movie.

sicqnus
04-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Galactica toys.
Colonial Viper - sept. 2004.
Cylon Raider - dec. 2004.

The replica ship will measure approximately 7" long and feature:
Accurate detail
Opening cockpit
Retractable landing gear
Flight display stand
Removable pilot figure (three pilots for the Cylon Raider - just like the show!).

sergiurusu
04-28-2004, 04:59 AM
COOL!!! And what price would they be? And the figures: what size? comparing to AF

sicqnus
04-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Price will be around $12.99 each (suggested retail price). Entertainment Earth have listed them for around $14.97 ($44.99 a set of three - 2 figures and 1 starship by wave).

Fans of Battlestar Galactica will be star-struck by the level of detail and the points of articulation found in JoyRide's collection of popular Battlestar Galactica action figures and space-ships. The action figures and space-ships planned for the collection include: Starbuck, Apollo, Adama, Cylons, Daggit, Colonial Viper, Cylon Raider and Battlestar Galactica. The suggested retail price for both figures and ships is $12.99.

About Battlestar Galactica

2003 marked the 25th anniversary of the hit TV series Battlestar Galactica, which tells the story of the last surviving human colony on the run from an evil robotic race in search of its mythical home world, Earth. The series was produced by Universal Television and Glen A. Larson and was first broadcast on ABC in September 1978.

Starring Lorne Green, Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict, this epic space saga went on to become a veritable sci-fi classic. Although only 36 episodes were created, Battlestar Galactica has enjoyed syndication success for the last two decades, most recently on the SCI FI Channel.

The original series was released on October 21, 2003 on home video and DVD. In addition, a new Battlestar Galactica miniseries debuted on the SCI FI Channel in December 2003 and became the highest-rated cable mini of the year. The re-imagined miniseries was written by Ronald D. Moore (Roswell, Mission: Impossible II, Start Trek: First Contact) and directed by Michael Rymer (Queen of the Damned), with David Eick (American Gothic, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys) and Moore serving as executive producers. The beloved Battlestar gets yet another update as SCI FI has greenlit production on a new weekly series with Oscar nominees Edward James Olmos (Stand and Deliver, Miami Vice Golden Globe winner) and Mary McDonnell (Dances With Wolves) reprising their critically-acclaimed roles. Additional information can be found at www.scifi.com/battlestar/.

Jangu Fett
04-28-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure about the size for the ships figures? My guess is roughly AF scale. The ships are about 7 inches long, for the Viper. And 7 wide for the Raider. Which was around the size of our beloved Action Fleet.

britcit3
10-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Sky 1 in the UK has just shown the first post-mini-series BG episode as a world exclusive (before you Yanks !!!).

I am a man of few words, but it is BLOODY BRILLIANT.

It is the best sci-fi that I have seen for ages.

Whenever it is broadcast in your area - WATCH IT - YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY.

& now, seriously off topic (but seeing as our moderator appears to be AWOL, what the hell), I will be adding BRITCAM3 to my site in the next few weeks (once I figure out how to add webcam pics to my site - any advice would be helpful).

Until then, my webcam is pointed here.............

http://britcit3.ww.com

As we are all in different time zones, I'll probably be in bed when you look in (so the house will be in darkness), but you may just catch a glance of me or the God-awful weather that we suffer out of the window).

Cheerio

BC3

yorkie
10-20-2004, 02:34 AM
I really enjoyed the first episode "33"". Very dark and grim. Also nice to see a bit on Caprica and a couple of Cylon warriors in action. In the original series they wanted to exterminate mankind but in the new series it seems they may have other plans.

Now just when are those Joyride "Action fleet" Vipers and Raiders coming out? When the series starts in then US perhaps? Not seen any stores advertising them yet, and it's nearly christmas!

britcit3
10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Eh up Yorkie

Long time no hear.

Where you been?

BC3

yorkie
10-21-2004, 02:37 AM
Not been away, I've kept looking in, but since the announcement of no more Action Fleet I've been indulging in the plethora of Japanese and British toys and model vehicles of the classic Gerry Anderson series. Tons and tons of stuff coming out all the time.

The Japanese certainly know what the fams want. Trek micros, Gerry Anderson classics. Still next year there'll be a couple of model kits out for Revenge of the Sith - the Tri fighter and Arc fighter I hope!

Hawkwind
10-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Ive not actualy seen the mini-series yet, but from what ive seen of the cylons, they look terrible, why oh why do remakes have to change the uniform/costume/ship designs of the awesome original's :cry: :cry: :cry:

:crazed:

britcit3
10-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Hello

Actulally, the new mechanical Cylons are Awesome (you only really get to see them in action in the first episode of the TV series - not mini-series).

And they bring back the original VIPERS using a pretty clever plot device.

Also, most of the rag-tag civilian fleet seems to be the same ships from the original.

You MUST watch it - it's great.

BC3

Hawkwind
10-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Just remembered, isnt the new version set after the origanal? (hence using the old equiptment).

Sorry, i though it was an exact remake of the origanal doh....my fault.

Ill have to check it out, wasnt the mini series on sci-fi uk a couple of days ago :cry:

Regards

SWAFMAN
11-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Galactica toys.
Colonial Viper - sept. 2004.
Cylon Raider - dec. 2004.

The replica ship will measure approximately 7" long and feature:
Accurate detail
Opening cockpit
Retractable landing gear
Flight display stand
Removable pilot figure (three pilots for the Cylon Raider - just like the show!).

Did the colonial vioer ever get released? If so, where are they being sold?

sicqnus
11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Not yet unfortunately because the asst. have changed. The first wave now is made of 2X Colonial Viper, 2X Cylon Warrior figure, 2X Cylon Raider. Price will be between $11/$12 each. Wave 1 is planned for a 12/20/2004 release. Wave 2 - February 2004 (only figures) and wave 3 - March, will contain 2X battle damaged Colonial Viper.

http://www.joyridestudios.com/bsg.asp
http://www.joyridestudios.com/where_to_buy.asp

SWAFMAN
11-14-2004, 07:44 PM
thanx, siq!

britcit3
01-09-2005, 05:23 AM
The Viper and Cylon Raider "AF" are now available to order from Comet Miniatures (UK) at the very reasonable price of 10 each.

http://www.comet-miniatures.com/search.php?xsid=2b0d3c7343fc82ec0105a3a804e695a9&s_for=battlestar

How AF does the Viper look like?

BC3

SWAFMAN
01-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the link, BC3. I have sent an e-mail asking them the cost for the shipping. I am reluctant to provide my credit card information to an overseas company because my recourses for any problems with the order or exploitation of my credit card number would be so limited. I am hopeful they will permit payment via a postal money order or similar option.

Has anyone else in the USA ordered these items from this company yet? If so, what was your shipping cost?

sicqnus
01-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Best price found on the net at KillerToys (FL - USA). Preorder wave one for $31.95
Wave one will be (Colonial Viper with figure & stand, Cylon Raider with three figures & stand & Silver Cylon centurion action figure).

Their informations needs to be updated but their prices are interesting, even the shipping cost. As usual, the JoyRide company is late on the release date...

http://www.killertoys.com/prod_display.php?prod_id=1317&search_var=galactica

http://www.joyridestudios.com/bsg.asp

britcit3
01-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Hey SWAF

I can bag these for you and post them on at cost if you like (I would guess at around 10 postage cost (post to me then US airmail to you)).

LMK

BC3

SWAFMAN
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey SWAF

I can bag these for you and post them on at cost if you like (I would guess at around 10 postage cost (post to me then US airmail to you)).

LMK

BC3

BC3, thank you for that. I did receive a reply from Nigel at Comet saying, "Joyride is a branch of RC2/ERTL, an American Company. As such these items should be readily available in toy shops throughout the USA."

Before I purchase and ship from the UK, I am hoping these can be found at a retailer somewhere fairly nearby. If they end up not being easily available in my area, or if the local places require buying the third non-vehicle item, I may still ask for your help in getting them.

To the group: 1) obviously, if anyone sees these in a USA retail store or any other e-tailers, please post. 2) If anyone is interested only in the third item that comes in the pre-order pack - the silver Centurion figure, please let me know. I only want the ships, but if someone wants the Centurion, then I may consider an order with Killer Toys.

Jangu Fett
01-10-2005, 12:01 PM
I just got the Viper and Raider last week. They are nothing special. Yes they are the same size as the AF, but the Figures are smaller then the micro machices figures. These sets are nothing more then pre-painted, pre-assembled model kits. I'm really disappointed in this line.

JediTricks
01-10-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Jangu, could you elaborate more on what is wrong with them?

sicqnus
01-11-2005, 04:36 AM
Hi Jangu you already bagged the JoyRide toys ? Were ?
I thought they weren't available to retail yet ?
How much did you pay ?

britcit3
01-11-2005, 07:19 AM
There was a post over at Art Asylum within the last couple of days by a chap in the US saying that he had bagged them @ retail.

BC3

Jangu Fett
01-11-2005, 09:54 AM
I ordered them from Joyride. There is a link to DieCastExpress, who sells joyride items. The price is 15 US, don't know what that translates too?

Anyway, JT. They are really only model kits. Almost exactly like ERTL models. Only good for display us. They are made of the same rough plastics.

Although, I'd fell better if they were models. At lest then I'd have the enjoyment of Painting and assembling them myself. There are no moveable parts, but the canopys. The landing gear isn't moveable, it's removeable. There are slots under the Viper to plug the Landing stilts into. And the removeable pilot is grossly undersized. The pilot figures are smaller then Galoobs Micro Machine figures. I guess I expected the same playable collectables as Joyrides Halo lines, in their Battlestar line. And didn't get what I thought, I would.

Out of the 2 ships I would recommend just getting the Cylon Raider. Thats scaled about right with the figures. And put together better. One wing and, engine cowling on the Viper is loose. And there is really no way to glue it together properly, without it looking like it was glued together.

JediTricks
01-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll probably avoid these, they sound frustrating.

Jangu Fett
01-12-2005, 12:04 PM
They are frustrating, but still are nice to have. Although for $15, I'd expect more.

matthewilw
01-13-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm disappointed to hear about this line, I had high hopes for it even though I never really expected much from Joyride Studios. I have not been remotely impressed by any of their products, Halo especially. I've heard some okay things about the halo line, but I just feel that if the liscense was given to a better company that the toys could have been so much better. I especially hate the scale of that line. I've never seen Battlestar Galactica, but I still looked foward to these ships. I'm pretty much looking for anything remotely AF scale right now. My most recent find came as a bit of a surprise to me. Power Rangers. I found AF scale megazords that even fit 1" figures.

SWAFMAN
01-17-2005, 11:09 AM
I have not been remotely impressed by any of their products, Halo especially. I've heard some okay things about the halo line, but I just feel that if the liscense was given to a better company that the toys could have been so much better. I especially hate the scale of that line.

matthewilw, I had just noticed this weekend in a Halo 2 gamer magazine that Joyride was the mfgr. of the Halo figures. There was a very small photo in one of the last pages of the mag of these figures. I don't know if you've seen both in-person, but do you know how the Halo figs compare size-wize and quality-wise to the Quake figures by Resaurus?

matthewilw
01-17-2005, 11:47 AM
matthewilw, I had just noticed this weekend in a Halo 2 gamer magazine that Joyride was the mfgr. of the Halo figures. There was a very small photo in one of the last pages of the mag of these figures. I don't know if you've seen both in-person, but do you know how the Halo figs compare size-wize and quality-wise to the Quake figures by Resaurus?

I've never seen the Quake figures, so I don't know. The normal Halo figures are about 7" while the smaller figures (the ones that come with vehicles and in the 5-packs) are about 3"

Ji'dai
01-17-2005, 12:47 PM
I saw the new BG line at Suncoast today. They had Cylon Raider and the Colonial Viper Action Fleet-scale vehicles and the Cylon Centurion action figure. They were $16.99 each!

SWAFMAN
01-17-2005, 09:10 PM
thanks for the good info plasticfetish (johnny lightning thread), matthewilw & Ji'dai!

matthewilw
01-18-2005, 04:41 PM
I found some decent loose pictures of these on ebay.

Viper:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1187&item=5950694799&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Raider:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1187&item=5950935820&rd=1

I'd have to see them in person before I could decide whether or not to buy them. But based off the pictures I have seen, I would probably only get the radier.

SWAFMAN
01-18-2005, 07:02 PM
matthewilw thanks for the ebay pics. The viper looks a little light on detail along the fuselage, and I sure wish the cylon ship was the new design! But I still think I want 'em ;) I'm just an incurable hardware junkie!

sergiurusu
02-02-2005, 05:29 AM
I think they look pretty good, but I'm now unsure of their plastic quality...

sergiurusu
02-03-2005, 03:05 AM
My friend Ewjedi/Toyguy told me they are pretty sturdy, so I think I'll get one set too :)

sergiurusu
02-10-2005, 05:16 AM
I received them yesterday thanks to my friend, they are GREAT, but very fragile alas. I already managed to break some cannons of the ships...

sicqnus
04-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Great news from JoyRide :
Two new Vipers are coming soon. The Silver Spar Viper is the personnal Viper of Cheeba Cain from BattleStar Pegasus (in : "The living legend"). The second one is a Viper from the Galactica's Blue Squadron as seen in "The lost planet of the gods" and "The living legend" (1 & 2).
Pics here : http://www.joyridestudios.com/news_2005-04-14.asp

yorkie
04-18-2005, 06:13 AM
An original series shuttle or a new series Viper (both types), Raptor and Raider would be nice.

AndyW
04-19-2005, 04:39 AM
Fear not, I'd have thought with the second season of new BSG being given the go-ahead, merchandise, hopefully meaning SHIPS, should appear in the future. In theory!

britcit3
08-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Got the full set of 5 Joyride AF-a-like BSG vehicles.

Presenting......

VIPERS: Colonial Viper, Silver Spar Squadron Viper & Blue Squadron Viper.

RAIDERS: Cylon Raider & Stealth Raider.

All of them very nice.

BC3

SWAFMAN
08-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Where'd you get 'em?

britcit3
08-22-2005, 12:22 PM
The usual place.......Ebay.

BC3

ds6161
08-22-2005, 12:51 PM