PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett 300th figure?!?

Omega Fett
12-12-2001, 11:04 PM
I havent seen him in any store to date,where can i find one? i plan to order 2 on ebay,one to open and one to keep in the box. can somone tell me features he has and if hes really a great figure as he looks? whre can i see pics of him on ssg too?i cant find them

Wolfwood319
12-12-2001, 11:20 PM
The 300th Fett is an outstanding figure. Exceptional detail, 2 blasters, a holster, cloth cape, and rocket firing jet pack.

The figure has some articulation, but he's pretty much stuck in that pose, but it is a good figure none the less.

I haven't seen one on the shleves since before the summer. Ebay would be your best bet at this point, some online stores have them for good prices as well.

http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=11832

Omega Fett
12-12-2001, 11:26 PM
wow thank you so much,this weekend iam pulling my star wars figures from the attic, i have MOSTly all of the new star wars figures that kenner made cept ep 1 figures. i cant wait to find my SOTE Slave 1 down. I CANT wait lol i wish i could do it now but due to stupid problems i cant lol. next paycheck ill get 2of the boba fett figure like i said. i also cant wait for ep 2 figures,ill be the first to snatch up every jango/boba fett figures and the new slave 1

ACPin
12-13-2001, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Omega Fett
I havent seen him in any store to date,where can i find one? i plan to order 2 on ebay,one to open and one to keep in the box. can somone tell me features he has and if hes really a great figure as he looks? whre can i see pics of him on ssg too?i cant find them

Try looking at the diorama that I did for him.

Boba Fett 300th SE Display (http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=23589&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5)

Darth Rage
12-16-2001, 02:57 AM
Boba Fett looks very cool, he has this missle that you canshoot out of his back etc.

He's just a very detailed figure, just color his armor silver and you have Jango.

Huckleberry Josh
12-16-2001, 01:02 PM
This Boba Fett figure is one of the coolest looking figures I've seen. The detail is great.

sith_killer_99
12-16-2001, 04:02 PM
Yes the 300th Fett is very detailed.

However, there are a few draw-backs.:rolleyes:

1. You have to leave his "removable" jet-pack on his back. Otherwise he has a big chunk missing from his back.:(

2. He has next to zero articulation. Hasbro continued their "1 pose" philosophy with this poor guy.:frus:

3. The rocket that fires out of his jet-pack is taller than he is!!!:crazed:

Overall, he is, hands down the best Fett to date. But Hasbro left LOTS of room for improvement.

browndroid
12-16-2001, 04:12 PM
yeah i havent seen it anywhere also. i just plan to buy it online, one of my friends has it and i must say i was very impressed;)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-16-2001, 07:02 PM
I've seen about a total of 4 in the stores over the last several months, most recently a week ago at a TRU. They're hard to find, but once you get it, "It's worth a lot to [you]." :D

Obi-Don
12-17-2001, 08:14 AM
I haven't seen this figure at ant stores that I have been too as of yet.If I do it will be mine.

jedi master sal
12-17-2001, 10:09 AM
You guys should be here in Pittsburgh. They are everywhere. I picked up 3 initially and would have bought more but......

well that's another story.

JEDIpartner
12-17-2001, 10:36 AM
We had them all over the place here in Cleveland! At least all of the Kmarts had them. I even saw one remaining one at a Super K in Brooklyn- it had a melted foot!!! I almost picked it up because it was deformed. Hahahaa!!!! :crazed:

Corran Horn
12-18-2001, 10:18 PM
Whats the usual price for one?:confused: Will anybody trade or sell to me. loose is fine.

Corran Horn
12-18-2001, 10:20 PM
I need a 300th fett! please somebody trade or sell to me.

Corran Horn
12-18-2001, 10:21 PM
email at phbeddow@attbi.com! thanks. Pleeaase!:cry:

master jedi
12-19-2001, 03:43 PM
Next time use the edit feature, Corran Horn. And there is also a trading section in these forums.

John
12-26-2001, 12:42 PM
thanks so very much for your praise of this figure.

i was the designer on this item, and your praise means a whole lot, because he was tough to do.

let me explain something about this guy that I haven't had a chance to explain to anybody yet in my interviews and stuff:

I am so sorry that this guy isn't more poseable. I had a fully -mega- articulated figure design ready on this one, but we had to make comprimises to get it to you fine people at the price that we did, with the softgoods and firing backpack. In the end, it came down to articulation -vs- firing pack, and we had to go with the firing pack, because of the nostalgic aspect of it.

Also, i tried my darndest to make posed in his "waiting outside of slave-1" stance, but management felt that since this was a toy he should be in an action pose, so we selected that gun-battle scene from cloud city instead.

In the end, I have few regrets because this guy did turn out great,

thanks again for your praise and positive comments--

john

sith_killer_99
12-26-2001, 12:54 PM
You are welcome.

This is hands down the best sculpt of Fett EVER. The EP2 guys will have a hard time meeting the standards set by the detail in this guy.

As for the articulation, well it has always been a chief complaint of mine.:(

I was seriously impressed with the accuracy and detail of this guy.:)

I also understand the importance of "choke hazards" for little kids with that long old missile of his.;)

BTW, thanks for the firing jet-pack.:D

bigbarada
12-26-2001, 05:32 PM
I have been a long time hater of Boba Fett, Mr. John, but the work put into this figure caught my interest and I fell in love with the incredible sculpting job. This toy, along with all the details about Boba and his daddy we've read in Ep2 spoilers, have made me a fan of this character. Thanks for helping turn a one time Fett hater into a huge fan!:)

derek
12-26-2001, 10:52 PM
it's good to know some hasbro folk are visiting and posting here.
i hope you and your co-workers will continue to do so in the future. don't take this personally, but maybe the exchange of ideas with us, the consumer, and you, the producers, can help improve the entire line. especially the action collection. i just picked up the female figure from the andromida tv show(made by blue box), and i was blown away by the attention to detail and poseability this figure has, as opposed to the barbie dolls hasbro has been churning out. i would of given almost anything to have figures like aurra sing, padme and zam wiesel made in this quality.

humsup
12-26-2001, 11:22 PM
I would support the idea Derek has brought up. I have switched Old Obi-Wan body with an Ultimate Soldier's super body and now, he can hold his lightsaber in a two-hand stance. But I would not want to change body if Hasbro can come out with equivalent ones. Pls seriously consider that.

Thanks

GNT
12-26-2001, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by derek
it's good to know some hasbro folk are visiting and posting here.

Are we even sure he works for Hasbro?

derek
12-26-2001, 11:59 PM
i don't know about australia, but lying has been banned in the U.S. just ask former president clinton.:) so we know john is telling the truth.

GNT
12-28-2001, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by derek
i don't know about australia, but lying has been banned in the U.S. just ask former president clinton.:) so we know john is telling the truth.

Can we be really sure? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=88)

r2dee2
01-03-2002, 09:53 AM
I really like this 300th Fett figure. Although the lack of articulation in the legs is dissappointing, the arms can be put into some very nice poses. For those interested in the "box" differences in this piece, I put up a page a pics here. (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/300fett.htm)

ACPin, your displays are great as always. I particularly enjoyed the "comic cover" display!

ACPin
01-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by r2dee2
I really like this 300th Fett figure. Although the lack of articulation in the legs is dissappointing, the arms can be put into some very nice poses. For those interested in the "box" differences in this piece, I put up a page a pics here. (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/300fett.htm)

ACPin, your displays are great as always. I particularly enjoyed the "comic cover" display!
Thanks r2dee2 and I see that you've moved Toyforce from the SWFan sites.