PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the premier of Deadwood?

jjreason
04-01-2004, 06:31 PM
It was on right after Sopranos. Fairly gritty western show set in the western US in 1876. Wild Bill Hickock and another former lawman move to Deadwood city, a formerly lawless town. Looks like they'll be butting heads with the local Kingping - the local barkeep/*****master.

Worth a watch, if only for the very interesting and innovative use of curse words.

2-1B
04-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Indeed, quite filthy. :D

Ian McShane plays the barkeep (if I'm not mistaken) and it's a pretty intriguing show. I've had a hard time really "getting into it" because it's on right after The Sopranos so I'm not really in the mood for it. But I plan to keep watching it.

I like Brad Dourif as the Doc. :)

Timothy Olyphant - my mind is not made up on him yet. I can't help but think of Scream 2. :sur:

jjreason
04-02-2004, 11:01 AM
That's odd, I see his name and I can't help but think of the big, hairy AT-AT ripoffs in Return of the King........

Yes I'm being facetious about them being AT-AT ripoffs, you big geeks... :crazed:

2-1B
04-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Don't worry buddy - I doubt a thread on Deadwood will attract that crossover group. :D

2-1B
04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Awesome episode last night !

I felt really bad for that one guy, the one who went out to reconnoiter the rim and had that "accident." I feel even worse for his wife.

Al yelling at those guys for farting in his office was hilarious as was Hickock's way of demeaning that guy he was playing poker with (can't utter a peep of it here).

That was the third episode, right? Yeah, I'm hooked now . . .

jjreason
04-09-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm still watching part 2, it's amazing so far (had to turn off the tape the very instant I heard one my daughter coming out of her room - the language is just incredibly filthy. I love it! :D ). I'm definitely into this for the duration of the season.

2-1B
04-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Reason, don't read this post until after you've watched episode 4 . . .

***SPOILER***

Okay, just as I got hooked on Wild Bill they had to go and kill him off. I'm very upset by that as I was looking forward to him being on the show for awhile. Yes, I know the real Bill Hickock was killed during a Poker game but then again, he was reportedly killed before Seth Bullock arrived in Deadwood and since the show creators changed that piece of history, they should have kept Wild Bill alive for much longer.

Speaking of "poker" I had a good laugh when Al was all flustered and then said "I need to **** something. Trixie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hellboy
04-12-2004, 07:10 PM
I've really been enjoying this show. I love the feeling that at any time someone might get smoked as we saw in last nights episode. I don't think I've ever seen more liberal use of the "C" word in my life but I have to admit the profanity really adds a sense of realism to the show.

Caesar- In reality Seth Bullock rode into Deadwood on Aug. 1, 1876, one day before Wild Bill Hickok was killed during a poker game. So as you said it's likely they never met, as they did on the show, but they could have.

I was pretty shocked that Wild Bill was killed but I suppose all the signs were there that he was ready to die. It was interesting how he sent his friend Bill off without him, said goodbye to Jane, and in a roundabout way said farewell to "Montana" (Bullock). Then dressed up in his best attire and got ready for one last poker game with his back to the door. I suppose he wanted to die doing what he loved best but it would've been cool if he stuck around a bit longer.

2-1B
04-13-2004, 12:15 AM
My bad - you are correct about Bullock being there a day before Wild Bill's death.

Which "C" word are you talking about ? There are 2 that get a lot of airplay hahahahaha

Hellboy
04-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Yeah you're right about there being 2 "C" words getting airplay. The one I was refering to was the one that will get you slapped by just about any women that happens to hear it. :nerv: :ko:

2-1B
04-15-2004, 02:17 AM
See You Next Tuesday ?

;) ;) ;)

jjreason
04-25-2004, 09:35 PM
All right, I'm caught up through episode IV. I don't know jack about cowboy history, so to see Wild Bill capped right when things were going to get interesting with 2 murder investigations on the go was upsetting (likely for Montana more than me, who else is he going to help him solve the family's killings?).

The Trixie bit was hysterical, as was Bill calling down his poker buddy using 4 of the first 5 letters in "Country Music". This show is fantastic.

2-1B
04-26-2004, 11:26 PM
"Country Music", that's great ! Reason, that's what I was saying with my post above yours/ :D

;)

Well, we are now 2 episodes past Bill's death and I'm not turned off by it so I can now say I am *officially* hooked on this show until the series ends . . . whenever that might be.

Al just keeps so many great lines, for instance the bit about nipping that apocalyptic Sodom and Gomorrah **** in the bud. :D

jjreason
04-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Skeez, I finally did catch your drift long after I'd logged off last night! Dimwits like myself would have benefitted from the old "See" you next....
well you get my drift. ;)

Hellboy
04-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Ah.... duh, I get it now. The reference went over my head as well so I suppose we're both dimwits Reason. :stupid: ;)

As far as the show goes I'm still really enjoying it. This week's episode was pretty good but next week looks better once Bullock and Charlie catch up to Bill's killer. I agree Al is a riot, I loved his thoughtful comment to one of his girls after she showed symptoms of smallpox, telling her she could cut back to just giving hand**** for a while. lol

The only character I'm not to fond of is probably Jane. Her gutter mouth doesn't bother me but the way she yells all the time just gets annoying after a while.

2-1B
04-28-2004, 12:50 AM
I'm the exact opposite with Calamity Jane - at first she annoyed me but now I've warmed up to her and find her really funny. :)

I liked it early on in the series when EB referred to her as ma'am and then followed with "if I guessed your sex correctly ? "

jjreason
04-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Is there another, more "factual" account of this history that I could pick up to read?

2-1B
05-10-2004, 12:18 AM
poor Flora - I wasn't expecting THAT to happen ! :eek:

Am I the only one with a crush on Alma Garret ? ? ?

Hellboy
05-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Well that'll teach them there meddling kids right ****** quick now won't it! :dead:

Hellboy
05-17-2004, 04:48 PM
This week's episode was pretty good even if it was a bit uneventful compared to previous episodes.

I'm really starting to despise Sy and the way he uses people, especially Joanie. I suppose Al isn't much different but he doesn't seem to get the same level of sadistic enjoyment out of it. Speaking of Al, I'm actually pretty surprised that he has a bit of a warm side to him, even if it is only luke warm.

The scene with Jane holding up the wall was hilarious. I'm actually starting to warm up to her character so I hope her departure isn't permanent.

2-1B
02-08-2005, 05:31 PM
I picked up the newly released Season 1 DVD set today and I'm looking forward to revisted eevery episode over the next month until the season 2 premiere.

Looks like a nifty set with some added features, including a few commentaries as well as a historical view in which they talk about blending real people with the fictitious ones made up for the show.

I still miss Wild Bill.

The 'Xir
02-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I missed a couple episodes towards the end of the 1rst season, but overall I really like this show! It's odd too 'cause I never would have thought this to be a show I'd get into! The Wild Bill stuff was cool, too bad they decided to bring history too soon into the series, I woulda liked to see him be a mainstay for a couple of seasons before history took over! ;) But, I guess they needed to establish Bullock as the new Law in town! William Sanderson was made for the role of E.B., and I like Calamity Jane, Doc, Mr. Wu, and even Dority, all great side characters! I think Dority, will be one of those that will rise up through the ranks and become a major player! And I have this sneeky suspicion that Sol, might become a bad guy when everything is said and done!

Am I the only one with a crush on Alma Garret ? ? ?

Nope! She's pretty hot! But, then again I just have a thing for brunettes! :D

What's up with alot of shows/movies brining back or showing Absinthe use? What is this the new drug again? Think about it 'Deadwod', 'Moulin Rouge', and 'From Hell' are just 3 major productions I can think of off the top of my head that shows major Absinthe use along with Laudanum

Check this out (http://www.absinth.com/) and this: (http://www.nycgoth.com/more/laudanum/) Go figure? :dead:

Anyways back to the show, for anyone intersted..: Deadwood (http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/)

Hellboy
03-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Man the season 2 premiere was great. Anybody else catch it?

Geez . . . Bullock sure has quite the temper lately. First he goes off and almost beats Alma Garret's father to death at the end of last season and now he finally has enough of Swearengen's lip giving him the beating hes deserved since the series began. I'm really starting to warm up to Olyphant's portrayal of this character, his subdued attitude and swager seemed a little much when the series first started but I think he's created a pretty unique character as a result and his stare when he's about to explode is priceless.

This series continues to be one of the best character dramas out there IMO but I hope this season has a bit more action and tension than last season. Not that I didn't enjoy it or the depth that it created but the shows pace can get a bit slow at times and I think the series could benefit from more episodes along the lines of last nights premiere. Good stuff, can't wait for part II.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, how great was Al's impression of E.B.? I had to rewind and watch that a few times it was so damn funny. lol

2-1B
03-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Well said, Hellboy. I've been an Olyphant fan from the beginning but I know exactly what you are saying. He has that stern gait down to a science as season 2 begins. :D

Last week Mon and Tues I tore through the whole Season 1 DVD set over a 2 day period and what a fantastic recap it was for me leading up to this past Sunday's season 2 premiere. I was surprised that Seth took it up to Al's place like that but like he said, "get over here and account for your insult" :D and really, Al said some not-so-nice things, especially as it concerned Alma.

Speaking of Alma, thank you Molly Parker for doing that brief nude flash. :D

You guys should see the feauturettes on the Season 1 DVD extra disc - great insights by creator David Milch and the actor interviews in costume are great because Ian McShane (Swearengen) is British so he talks in his natural accent while dressed as Al. Hilarious.

I was really spoiled to have Deadwood and Carnivale back to back, thankfully there's a few more weeks til Carnivale ends so I can really enjoy the Sunday doubleheader.

Hellboy
03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Last week Mon and Tues I tore through the whole Season 1 DVD set over a 2 day period and what a fantastic recap it was for me leading up to this past Sunday's season 2 premiere.

You guys should see the feauturettes on the Season 1 DVD extra disc - great insights by creator David Milch and the actor interviews in costume are great because Ian McShane (Swearengen) is British so he talks in his natural accent while dressed as Al. Hilarious.

Man I'm jealous. I wanted to do the same thing but with MM around the corner I couldn't really afford to get the box set just yet. Glad to hear its got some good extras because these HBO season sets tend to be a bit on the expensive side and based on the Sopranos sets I've bought I wasn't expecting much in the way of supplemental material. I'm looking forward to eventually checking it out, and BTW I had no idea McShane was a Brit. That makes his preformances even more impressive as far as I'm concerned.

I was really spoiled to have Deadwood and Carnivale back to back, thankfully there's a few more weeks til Carnivale ends so I can really enjoy the Sunday doubleheader.

I haven't caught Carnivale yet but I've got every episode from this season stored on my DVR and plan on renting the first season now that its out on DVD. I really don't know a thing about the show beyond the basic premise but I'm looking forward to a Carnivale marathon soon and the fact that you enjoy it Caesar leads me to believe I will as well.

2-1B
03-12-2005, 04:55 AM
Hellboy, I got lucky with the price I paid for Deadwood. Best Buy and everybody else in my area had it for around $80, EXCEPT for KMart which I never shop at, except that I was hunting Star Wars clearance. I almost didn't stop by the DVD section but I did and was glad because they had Deadwood Season 1 on sale for 65.99. Very good price IMO as far as an HBO set goes. 6 discs, with the 12 episodes spread over discs 1-5 and the featurettes on disc 6. There are 4 featurettes if I recall correctly and they total about 30 minutes each (?). So I would have liked to have more but it's definitely better than what they did for the Sopranos. And there are a few commentaries, none of which I have listened to.

Carnivale is fantastic, let me know what you think ! It's a blend of many different ideas, from religion to carnies to the Dust Bowl to really weird storylines. :D
Is there a thread for Carnivale ?
If not, we should start one up after you've started watching it. That is, if you end up enjoying it and find it worthy of discussion.
A friend of mine is a huge fan of the show and every Monday at work we recap the show and dissect the points of interest. Good stuff.

jjreason
03-12-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm very glad to have been able to see the premier for season 2 as well. It looks like the town is going to erupt in this upcoming episode - like there wasn't enough conflict in the first show!

Should be very, VERY interesting to see how they'll resolve the tension between Bullock and Swearengen - Seth seemed pretty ready to just turn the other cheek until this last episode. HBO is just incredible with the original series...... I SO wish we could get this stuff up here easier.

Hellboy
03-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Last nights episode was really good. Nice to see Calamity "Yeah I farted . . so what" Jane back. lol

I guess slippery Dan won't be sticking around for the rest of the season. ;)

I loved Charlie's indirect way of trying to protect Bullock by keeping him away from the Gem and using his fart excuse to step away when Bullock teared up recounting his brother's death. I think Charlie is probably the most caring person in Deadwood but puts up a front for fear of being considered soft. After losing Wild Bill it seems he's realized how a single moment can change everything and he's willing to do whatever it takes to protect the rest of his friends from a similar fate.

2-1B
03-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Well said about Charlie Utter, it was so well done the way he held Seth back until he could "back him" and your friendship comment is dead on, HB.

And can that Al Swearengen POSSIBLY get any sleazier ? I mean don't get me wrong, on one level he's a wretched man and his behavior towards woman is downright horrible and degrading but on the other hand, it's still a TV show so I can't help but laugh at so much of what he says. :D

Jeez it's hard to post in this thread because I want to quote so many things but I'm afraid the autocensor would experience overload. ;)
Here's one though: "May she sail it down or would that be degrading?" lol

Slippery Dan sure did get his comeuppance, so much for his claim in the last episode about his drinking getting him into trouble. :D

And how about Dan Dority ? Talk about issues. :rolleyes: He'll pull out his blade and cut your throat without thinking twice but when he loses Al's favor he cries like a baby. lol

Hellboy
03-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah you're right about Dan Dority Caesar, he seemed to really lose it, on more than one level. :crazed:
I am a little unclear as to why Dan gave that guy the beating he did and why Adams killed Slippery Dan. I figured they were just ready for action, any action after the altercation earlier but was there more to their reasoning or am I just reading into it to much? Also I don't recall what Adams sent his guy out to do and why he was so upset at his untimely return? :confused:

BTW, I know what you mean about wanting to quote some the funnier lines. I have a feeling most lines would end with "f---ing c---sucker" though. :D
To bad we couldn't have an R rated thread for this show.

2-1B
03-16-2005, 03:24 AM
I'm working on a tired memory so I'm not 100% on this but I think Adams lashed out at Slippery Dan because he couldn't do anything to protect his guy from Dority. Remember last week when Adams stepped in vs. Dority and later on Dan told him he had is "1 in 10 event" of crossing Dan?

So yeah, I think Adams wanted to step in but given what he was told last time as well as Al's glance which told him to hold back, well it felt to me like Adams just felt the need to do something and that was the action which wouldn't cause him further problems.

I forgot what the deal was with Adams' guy, I need to watch it again.

Another thought I had about Dan Dority crying like that, in some ways I likened him to a prostitute. Not sure if I can describe it very well but he does these terrible things for Al yet he "needs" Al if you know what I mean ? I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it but that was a thought that crossed my mind.

2-1B
03-21-2005, 01:51 AM
another fine episode even without Al's presence. Well, he was there but not really speaking.

Hey I'm not 100% on this but I'll bet a dollar that I'm right, did anybody else think they reused the JAck McCall actor as that new mining scout who came to town ?

Jack McCall had a bunch of makeup put on to give him that droop eye and such, but MAN did that new guy's eyes look soooo familiar, I swear it's the same guy in a fake beard.

First big mistake by this show IMO (that is, if I'm right ;) ).

Hellboy
03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
No Caesar, I think you're correct. The guy looked extremely familiar to me as well and its funny you bring it up, because I was struggling to remember if he had been on the show already too. My first inclination was that he bared a resemblance to Slippery Dan, especially the eyes like you said, but I dismissed that idea and just figured I probably recognized him from some other show.The fact that we both had the same thought leads me to believe there may be something to this though. I just wish I could put my finger on it. :confused:

Speaking of recognizing people, I've been thinking I had seen Alma's nanny/assistant somewhere before, but up until last night's episode I couldn't place her. Not sure if anyone remembers the show 'American Gothic' (a great series BTW) but she played Merlin, the girl who was killed at the beginning of the series and spoke to her brother in spirit form throughout the show.

As far as this episode goes I thought it was pretty good. The scene with the Doc working on Al was a little hard to watch though. :eek: It reminded me of the feeling I got viewing those "how to check for testicular cancer" videos we all had to watch in high school health class. I'm sure every guy can relate to that uncomfortable feeling you get watching things of this nature, cross you legs and cringe. :nerv:

Ji'dai
03-21-2005, 05:05 PM
The striking thing about this show is the dialogue. I have to listen closely when the characters go through the rigamarole of social niceties and conventions since it's so foreign to the present day. Sometimes though it is so tiring to watch I have remind myself that this is the Victorian Age, even if it is still a mining camp.

Hellboy
03-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah I know what you mean about the dialogue. Its a bit on the Shakespearean side and sometimes I find myself having to rewind certain scenes in order to grasp some of the meaning behind them. Its actually one of the things that makes this show so different and a big part of the reason I enjoy it as much as I do. Its also refreshing how the show isn't above making fun of this itself regarding this issue, as seen in last nights episode when E.B.'s comments went right over Richardson's (his employee at the hotel) head and he ended up having to simplify himself when bringing the validity of the Deadwood claims into question. :classic:

2-1B
03-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Hellboy, I didn't recognize Alma's tutor but I do recognize Maddie (Janie's new partner) as the actress who played the Borg Queen in ST First Contact.

You know who really ticked me off was that Trixie. :mad: Her behavior toward Seth was annoying. Oh, so it's okay for Al to treat you like trash but when Seth gives him only a fraction of what's due, you side with Al ? lol

Al's screaming sounded all too real. :eek:

Hellboy
03-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah I noticed Alice Krige (Borg Queen) right away, can't say I'm a big fan of hers though. The way she talks kinda bugs me, its as if her upper lip refuses to move when she speaks.

Good point about Trixie, I totally agree. I've actually found her character less and less appealing with each episode. Maybe she'll change the more time she spends with Sol but right now I find her behavior to be hypocritical and repulsive at the same time. Its as if the lifestyle she has become accustomed to under Al's thumb has overridden any sense of decency she might have had.

2-1B
03-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Not to mention the anti-semitic stuff against Sol, I mean all he did was treat her like a person and refuse to deal with her if she kept talking about herself that way. :rolleyes:

Alice Krige is creepy and I'm not big on her either. Perfect Borg but a bad Madam. :D

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Last night's episode was good and it sure looks like something heavy is gonna go down next week.

Dan continues to be an impatient and unlikable POS. I think I'll enjoy seeing him get his comeuppance some day.

Not to sure what to make of the murder allegations brought against Alma by her tutor though. I'd probably chalk the accusation up to her being upset after being let go but after seeing Alma's behavior change over the past few episodes I'm starting to wonder if there may be a side to her we haven't yet seen.

Poor Al, I'm actually starting to feel sympathetic for the guy, and I never thought I'd say that. He sure couldn't have picked a worse time to be out of commission either. He's going to have some serious catching up to do once hes on his feet again in regards to Wolcott and the emergance of some stiff competition in the Chez Ami. :D

2-1B
03-28-2005, 11:53 PM
You know, as bad of a man as Al is, I can't wait for his recovery because I hate Cy Tolliver even more. :D The way they are already divying up Al's joint before he's even dead is going to demand a serious reply. :crazed:

Ji'dai
03-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Poor Al, I'm actually starting to feel sympathetic for the guy, and I never thought I'd say that. He sure couldn't have picked a worse time to be out of commission either. He's going to have some serious catching up to do once hes on his feet again in regards to Wolcott and the emergance of some stiff competition in the Chez Ami. :D

It's almost different show with Swearengen being laid up and unable to speak. From the previews it looks like he'll be back in action next week - conducting meetings from his bed maybe.

Does the Chez Ami ever do any business? It seems like all the *****s just stand around. I was thinking that maybe Cy had something to do with it but he gets a cut of their action so that can't be it. Maybe Joanie is charging higher prices than the other brothels.

Ellsworth has really come into his own this season. We really got to see more of his character and integrity this episode. Apparently Ellsworth has supervised other mining operations and rescued some miners during a cave-in at a Hearst Comstock in the past. I liked the way he stood up to "Mr. W" and basically told him and his Boss Hearst to take a flying flock. Since he was eye witness to the murder of his boss's husband I wonder if that will have consequences in future. Especially with the fired tutor now making wild accusations about Mrs. Garrett.

Hellboy
03-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Does the Chez Ami ever do any business? It seems like all the *****s just stand around. I was thinking that maybe Cy had something to do with it but he gets a cut of their action so that can't be it. Maybe Joanie is charging higher prices than the other brothels.

I think the Chez Ami is shooting to be the high end brothel in Deadwood so I'm sure the ladies have more down time between shifts. Or would that be up time. :Ponder: Once they've been around for a while longer I'm sure business will pick up.

Ji'dai
04-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Last Sunday's installment was fun to watch. I may have to catch it again just to get another dose of the comic relief:

-EB refers to Richardson (hotel cook) as a "beloved pet" ...that walks erect.
-Richardson drops the stew but will later sweep it up and serve it.
-Richardson escorts Alma around the camp and is quite enamored with her. He was still clutching that antler that she gave him.
-Jane and the Little ****** General hit it off over a bottle of hooch. I've never seen him before I wonder if he'll become a regular or part of a subplot.
-Trixie continues work on her "Jewish Lessons" - the hardware store accounts.
-Al shares a bottle with Bullock and tells him he'd tear him a new one if he wipes the bottle after Al drinks from it.

What is up with the fired tutor? She went from prim and proper to wanton slut in a few days. I bet Swearengen is just gonna try to turn her out.

Hellboy
04-05-2005, 04:13 PM
This was one of my favorite episodes so far this season.

Richardson is downright creery IMO and I'd probably starve before I ate at E.B.'s joint.

I liked the ****** General and Hostetler (the livery owner), hopefully they'll stick around.

Looks like Tolliver is going to try and manipulate Wolcott at some point with his unexpexted discovery. Can't say I feel sorry for the guy either, he sure has some strange hangups.

It will be interesting to see if and when Alma breaks the news to Bullock about her pregnancy. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up using it as leverage to make Seth commit to her since shes already made the decision to have the child without consulting him.

Alama's ex Tutor is definitely up to something. I wouldn't be surprised if she pits Adams against her former boss and as a result Bullock and Adams have a confrontation at some point, Deadwood style.

Hellboy
04-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Wow!!! Last night's episode was a shocker for sure. :eek:

Wolcott is a freakin' maniac. Even though you could see it coming with Cy finding out about his hangups last week and then with Wolcott's psychotic march down the street to the Chez Ami after Cy tried using the info against him I still didn't think he would go that far.

I wonder what will happen to Wolcott when Bullock gets wind of what went down. You gotta figure Charlie will tell him since he helped Joanie by getting the surviving girls out of Deadwood.

Just when you think you've seen the worst bad guy in town another creep one-ups him. From Al, who is bad in his own right, to the despicable Cy, to the homicidal Wolcott. :sur:

Ji'dai
04-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Wolcott went on a freakin' rampage. I was surprised that he iced the Borg Queen along with both of girls. From next week's previews, it looks like Joanie goes to Cy for help but gets rebuffed so she turns to Charlie as a friend. I think Charlie will remove his badge, pay a visit to Wolcott and fight him like Bullock did to Al.

Wu's inability to speak no more than three words - SwearJEN! SAN FranCISCO! *****UCKER! - gets on my nerves :D I wonder how Al will deal with the new competition from the Celestials.

I also wonder what Al will do about the tutor's offer to frame Alma for her husband's murder. The tutor is either on the husband's family's payroll or Alma's father. Hell, maybe it's both working together to get hold of Alma's claim.

I thought the livery boys were going to publicly post that "confession" about the horse, but I guess it's just to insure that the white hoopleheads won't try to lynch or tar them again. I couldn't believe that scene with Bullock's horse, geez!

Hellboy
04-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Wu's inability to speak no more than three words - SwearJEN! SAN FranCISCO! *****UCKER!

Whenever Wu goes off like that I can't stop laughing. :classic:

2-1B
04-11-2005, 11:37 PM
I really hate that Wolcott (and not in a good way) so I hope Utter kills him . . . but I'm sure it won't happen.

Ji'dai
04-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Wolcott got the **** kicked out of him last night. Charlie Utter really did a number on him in the street. I wonder if Joanie is going to lure him back to the Chez Ami in order to kill him or what. I can't imagine she's just going to let him slit her throat.

I wonder where Trixie's loyalties really lie. I figured she was interested in Sol but hell maybe she's only there to spy on them.

I guess Al hates the Pinkertons enough to side with Alma against her in-laws plot. I wondered what he'd do about their offer.

Hellboy
04-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah it was nice to see Wolcott get a beatdown. I'm just worried that if someone doesn't take him out soon he'll try and kill everyone else who knows about the incident at the Chez Ami, namely Joanie and Charlie. I'm actually surprised at Bullock's lack of interest in this matter. Not much of a sheriff if you ask me. Which, based on his comments last night, seems to suit Al just fine.

As for Trixie, I think shes pretty much using Sol at this point. She doesn't seem to do anything unless there is something in it for her. Her relationship with Al seems to be one based on dependency, where I think in Al's case he's actually somewhat in love with her but would never admit it.

Now that Al has sided with Alma over the Pinkertons it will be very interesting to see if Adams' relationship with Alam's ex tutor creates a rift between him and Al.

2-1B
04-19-2005, 02:36 AM
Fantastic episode. Utter's beating of Wolcott, not to mention his use of the C word toward him for stepping on his toe :D was quite welcome and I just wish Charlie would have killed Fran and got it over with.

Al with Alma was great and I liked how Al didn't even deny his plot against Sophia's life, he just said "no hard feelings." :crazed:

Hellboy
04-26-2005, 09:18 PM
You know, for awhile there I thought Joanie's number was up. Funny thing is I bet she could beat the tar out of that sissy Wolcott.

Nice to have Al back in full capacity. As good as the show is its ten times better with him functioning properly in the middle of everything where he belongs.

2-1B
04-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Agreed.

I would have loved for Jane to pop Wolcott though. :D

Ji'dai
04-27-2005, 04:49 PM
I guess Joanie's not through living just yet. I didn't think she'd just let Wolcott slit her throat. And I thought Jane was going to whack him too.

Not that memorable an episode, but lots of little stuff going on as usual that will lead to bigger things. There was the interesting "loss prevention" methods used at one of the mines in the beginning. And then Tom Nuttal's great bi-SYckle race through town. "Those who doubt me can suck **** by choice!" And visible in the crowd during the race, damn if Richardson wasn't still holding those antlers Alma gave him a couple of episodes ago! Then Ellsworth's marriage proposal...

Hellboy
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
And visible in the crowd during the race, damn if Richardson wasn't still holding those antlers Alma gave him a couple of episodes ago!

Was he really? lol Thats hilarious, I didn't even notice.

Ji'dai
04-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Yep, and here he is -

2-1B
04-28-2005, 02:00 AM
Just finished watching an encore and this is a fantastic episode.

-Ellsworth's proposal.

-EB choking on that gauze when Richardson puts his hand in there to save him. :D And what's up with EB's residence ? ? ? ?

-Al referring to EB as the C word, nothing unusual of course but the WAY he used it when he asked Johnny where EB was.

-Alma and Martha's meeting. Tense.

-Alma swinging at Isringhausen, that almost stepped up a notch.

-Dority and the whole confession plotline.

-Tom Nuttall's great ride. lol and especially Richardson asking permission to go watch.

-Al seducing the new telegraph operator, the one with the long surname lol , with promisings of free (bleeps) whenever he wants. lol

Hellboy
05-02-2005, 06:07 PM
If I lived in Deadwood and I had a child I don't think I'd let him/her out of my site let alone wonder over to a dive like Tom Nuttall's place, bi-SYkle or not.

Jane is starting to get on my nerves again. Her character basically goes nowhere, which I suppose is the point considering her addiction, but I'd like to see her involved in a little more than just stumbling around town in a few scenes each episode. :zzz:

With only three episodes left I'm wondering if anything major will happen. I suppose the incident with the boy is a big deal but I want a little more action/violence to top off this season. :evil: You know, like a gunfight or something, I mean this is the old west still isn't it?

Ji'dai
05-02-2005, 10:03 PM
With Bullock's temper, we may yet see more bloodshed before the season is through. Seth has crossed paths with that claim owner who was with William at the time he was trampled so he might meet an unpleasant end. Plus there's the livery boys, whose skin color will play a factor since a white boy was injured by their horse.

I didn't get the part about the claim owner giving William a coin before the accident. I thought he groped the boy or something and gave him some money not to tell his Pa.

Jane is annoying but I guess it kinda parallels the real-life Calamity. The historical Jane worked for Swearengen at one time, arranging for new girls to come to the camp. I think she even prostituted herself for awhile. Later on, when she was old and destitute, a local madam took pity on her and let her stay in her brothel.

Hellboy
05-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I didn't get the part about the claim owner giving William a coin before the accident. I thought he groped the boy or something and gave him some money not to tell his Pa.

You know that was the impression I had after watching that scene as well but after seeing this weeks episode it would seem this isn't the case. Without drifting into Rancor Pit territory I think it deserves to be mentioned that a big part of the reason we as a society think like this is due to the sensationalism of child predators generated by todays media. I mean don't get me wrong I think the idea is horrible and disturbing but the medias coverage of events like the Michael Jackson trial is relentless and because the idea of a child being preyed upon this way is so horrible I think we sometimes forget to give people the benefit of the doubt first. Then again that guy did get frisky with a horse so maybe our first impressions weren't so unfair. :D

As far as this weeks episode goes I was kind of surprised that William died. I was also surprised at the level of sympathy generated by the townspeople. Especially concern from the likes of Tolliver and Wolcott.

With the season winding down I'm hoping a few things change before it ends or at the very least early next season. Namely E.B. and him wallowing in his self pity as well as a shift in the Calamity Jane character for reasons I stated in my last post. I would also like to see more storylines focus on the day to day troubles of living in the town and less of the territorial plotlines from this season. And even though Wolcott is a great villain we need more clearcut bad guys. People who pose a more direct threat to the well being of Deadwood's citizens, that way Bullock will have more to do as the town's sheriff rather than just walking around town brooding.

Ji'dai
05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Since the claim owner had gotten jiggy with a horse in a previous episode I figured his intentions toward William were less than wholesome. I think he was just trying to get on the sheriffs good side again by helping his son out.

Ah, another epsisode with Richardson and his antlers. This time he was praying (or divining) to the Great And All Knowing Antler God. Then EB telling the new preacher to avoid looking right if he's offended by idolatry. Great stuff :D

Well, I'm not surprised about William's death. Mrs. Bullock might leave and go back to Michigan, which could open the way for Bullock and Alma to renew their relationship. It is his child she's carrying anyway.

I understand what you're saying about every day life in the camp. I wonder if we'll get to see the camp in winter next season. I'm sure Deadwood would be pretty much isolated for a long period of time if the weather was bad enough. A lot of those miners must sleep outside or in tents but the Dakotas can be mighty cold in January.

2-1B
05-10-2005, 12:35 AM
OH MY GOD, I nearly fell out of my recliner with laughter when Richardson prayed to "the god of antlers and hooves." lol lol lol lol lol

Man, I'm bummed about William because over the past few weeks I was thinking about what a good actor that kid is, I mean look at the complex dialogue he has to work with and how likeable he was. Bummer.

Trixie's comment to Alma about Ellsworth and how "if it's *bleeping* him that gives you pause, I'm sure he won't make you" also had me in stitches.

I liked Jane this week, she had more to do instead of just drinking and I like seeing her work with Cochran. :)

Ji'dai
05-23-2005, 01:06 AM
The season finale was pretty good, it mostly centered around the wedding of Alma and Ellsworth but still resolved most of the issues. Richardson looked okay in his finery at the wedding but damned if he wasn't hiding those antlers under his coat. What a nut.

EB sells out! George Hearst buys his hotel for 100 grand and retains Farnum on as the manager. Then George starts knocking down walls. Farnum was in his office rolling around in the money during the wedding.

Al works out a deal with Yankton that doesn't involve a bribe. I wonder what he gets from that agreement. Swearengen also backs Wu's war against the San Francisco *****uckers, with Hearst's blessing. Wu and Sweargen are humdai again.

Tolliver is able to blackmail Hearst into giving him a percentage of the claims he brokered by threatening to go public with Wolcott's 'confession' in the prostitute slayings. But ol' Wolcott hangs himself before Hearst's man can determine if the confession letter is true or not.

And the cliffhanger - will Tolliver survive his stabbing by Andy, the new preacher? Especially when it looks like he'll be set if he gets a percentage of Hearst's operations...

Hellboy
05-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Watched the last two episodes last night and really enjoyed them.

Figures Wolcott would hang himself, coward, I can think of a few other things I would've liked to see happen to him first though. :evil:

I doubt Cy will end up dying from his gut wound. It was nice to see someone finally give him what he deserved and Joanie's less than concerned response to the stabbing was great. :classic:

It would have been nice if Charlie had returned a little earlier in the show. I wanted to see his reaction to the Bullocks' tragic loss but I guess we'll have to wait till next season for that.

Al seems to be more in control than ever. Unlike Tolliver Hearst actually seemed to have a bit of respect for Swearengen's tactics. Watching Al's masked goon squad stumble around with Wu was quite funny. lol

You're right about Richardson being a nut Ji'dai, he'll probably still be holding those antlers come next season. :crazed: Speaking of which I hope we don't have to wait to long for the third season to start, I miss this show already. :bored:

2-1B
05-25-2005, 12:01 AM
great finale, very satisfying wrapup which leaves me wanting more.

Wolcott's swing, FANTASTIC ! Al referring to "His Holiness" the sheriff, hilarious !

Major Dad as Hearst, that was odd but he did alright.

jjreason
06-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Disappointingly, I found out that I won't be seeing the season finale any time soon - the fella who records them for my friend and I had equipment failure, but didn't realize it until well after the 2 weeks stretch that the episode was playing for. I broke down and read the synopsis on hbo.com though, and am very happy with where they went with it as well. Based on the write-up, I can just imagine the hilarity of much of what went on. The show is fantastic, even when something horrible like William's death happens, they come at you fast and furious with the comedy. I can't wait to see Al chiding Bullock for looking at the bride at the end of the show......... :D

El Chuxter
09-19-2005, 12:11 PM
I got to see the entire first season of this over the weekend, and it rules! I'm avoiding most of the posts herein as I've not seen the second season yet.

Does anyone know when it will be available on DVD? Also, are they currently re-running the episodes?

2-1B
09-19-2005, 12:29 PM
I think they might be Chux, I think I saw it on my channel guide recently. I haven't heard yet when the season 2 DVDs will be out . . . probably not for a while but I don't know for sure. My VHS copies aren't cutting it in that regard. lol

jjreason
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I got to see the entire first season of this over the weekend, and it rules! I'm avoiding most of the posts herein as I've not seen the second season yet.

Does anyone know when it will be available on DVD? Also, are they currently re-running the episodes?

Well it's about flippin' time, Chux. :whip: Now you can grow your soul patch and bushy sideburns, and start using bryl cream in your hair like the rest of us. :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-19-2005, 12:47 PM
and a chamber pot lol

El Chuxter
09-19-2005, 02:01 PM
JJR, I'd quote Calamity Jane here, but anything she's ever said would get me banned from this site. lol

Hellboy
09-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Nice to see you on board Chux. :thumbsup:

I'd think the DVD set for season 2 would probably be out before the start of the third season but as of yet nothing has been announced.

BTW does anybody know when the new season is supposed to start? Last I heard filming hasn't even begun yet. :sad:

El Chuxter
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
A buddy of mine who is generally in the know on all things pop culture (that don't have to do with Star Wars ;)) told me earlier today, when I thanked him for insisting that I watch, that Season 3 is filming "as we speak."

Hellboy
09-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Well thats good to know. We'll probably see it show up in the Spring sometime then, maybe around the same time as The Sopranos long awaited sixth season.

2-1B
09-20-2005, 12:08 AM
I was also under the impression that Season 3 is currently filming. :)

El Chuxter
09-20-2005, 12:12 PM
I found out last night that I only saw half of the first season! I thought there were six episodes, and there are twelve.

I had to fit in Arrested Development, but worked three more episodes of Deadwood around it. This show keeps on getting better.

El Chuxter
09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Okay, sorry for the rash of posts in here, but I just saw the entire first season and think it's easily the best dramatic series in TV history. And sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just about crapped my pants with looking for an image to use as an avatar and saw that this is based, albeit loosely, on real history.

That's probably been brought up in the pages of discussion about Season 2 that I don't want to touch with a ten-foot pole (yet), but just in case it hasn't, it has now.

Hellboy
09-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey I'm not 100% on this but I'll bet a dollar that I'm right, did anybody else think they reused the JAck McCall actor as that new mining scout who came to town ?

While searching for a Deadwood 'tar I stumbled upon the anwser to this. Garret Dillahunt did indeed play both Jack McCall and Francis Wolcott in the series. :yes:

2-1B
09-26-2005, 10:45 PM
That's the only thing I don't like about this show.

Otherwise, it is perfect !

El Chuxter
02-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Given that Season III supposedly starts this summer, shouldn't an announcement have been made by now regarding Season II DVDs?

I can't wait for Season III. I want to find out what happened to Tolliver now!

James Boba Fettfield
02-15-2006, 04:37 PM
While not officially announced, the date is set right now as May 23.

2-1B
02-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Then I already have my birthday present picked out. :)

James Boba Fettfield
03-02-2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5219

The release is now official.

2-1B
03-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Looks beautiful. :cry:

I love how Montana and Al are positioned, just awesome. I'm going to a Fangoria convention this weekend, Alice Krige is there to promote some goofy new horror flick but of course many people will want Borg Queen stuff signed. Myself, I already made up a Deadwood montage to salute her role as Maddie. :thumbsup:

I've been rewatching Season 2 of Deadwood every Sunday lately and it really does get better everytime. :)

2-1B
05-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Anybody else pick up Season 2 yet ?

Since I watched the reruns on HBO in the last few months, I went straight to disc 6 for the bonus features and while I am still in the middle of it, it is fantastic so far. :thumbsup:

I am going to TRY for a 2 season marathon in the weeks leading up to the season 3 premiere but that task might prove difficult to pull off. :(

JimJamBonds
05-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Anybody else pick up Season 2 yet ?

Not untill the next time I see you. ;)

2-1B
05-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Plus there is a teaser promo for a "companion book" to the first 3 seasons with essays by David Milch and episode recaps for all 3 seasons, due in October...looks like an interesting read. I might have to get it. :)

2-1B
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
What an awesome season premiere! :)

So many great nuggets in there, I wouldn't know where to begin...Richardson and his paganism again. lol Richardson sneaking spitbacks and robbing the next morning's omelettes. lol Al announcing himself as "IT'S ALBERT SWEARENGEN." lol
Trixie and her storybook comparison. lol

This show is hilarious. I love it! :crazed:

Kidhuman
06-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Bullock whipping that dudes arse was hilarious. I love the way they talk on the show, cursing up a storm with the "all-proper and courteous" thrown in there.

El Chuxter
06-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Anyone else amused and a bit disturbed by Calamity Jane supposedly sitting in a pile of urine when sloppy drunk?

It ought to be interesting to see how the series ends. In reality, Jane ended up as a dancer at Swearengen's "theater" (which is what The Gem will end up as if the show gets that far in the historical record).

JimJamBonds
06-14-2006, 12:04 AM
I read the summery on HBO.com does that count for anything? lol

2-1B
06-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Anyone else amused and a bit disturbed by Calamity Jane supposedly sitting in a pile of urine when sloppy drunk?

What are you talking about? :confused:
She simply didn't notice the puddle there when she set her chair in that space. :confused:

lol

I think the best line just MIGHT have been Al's comment to E.B. that if he's lying, "Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the a** of a pig." lol

Kidhuman
06-14-2006, 02:41 AM
I think the best line just MIGHT have been Al's comment to E.B. that if he's lying, "Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the a** of a pig." lol

I thought the best line was Al stating:

When empty dont pause and inquire, just assume and refill. Him drinking the whole bottle of Whiskey was hilarious

Ji'dai
06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
The one-on-one verbal sparring between character pairs was just fantastic for the season opener. Jane: I came to take a **** in the privy / Mose: How does it feel to take one sittin' up for a change?

It took me awhile to get that they were holding school in Joanie's place. So that explains why she was going to Shaunessy's to rent a room. I like Joanie - I hope she hires some more women and re-opens her brothel.

I loved the guys preparing for their speeches. Charlie Utter having his opening remarks written on his hand was just hilarious.

I also didn't realize that Hostetler had completely abandoned his livery business. I knew he and the ****** General had left camp after William was trampled but I thought he'd be back after the furor died down.

Swearengen and Bullock have gotten much closer since their fight. It's almost like Bullock is working for Swearengen. They both have a common adversary in Hearst right now, but I've got to expect that Swearengen and "His Holiness, the Sheriff" will be at odds again soon.

This is the best damn show on the TV. HBO should've wound up The Sopranos this season and invested the production money into Deadwood instead.

2-1B
06-15-2006, 12:36 AM
That's what I'm sayin' KH, there are soooo many great lines ! :D Hard to choose.

Here's another one of my faves and I will have to heavily edit this since the autocensor won't catch it ;) and keep in mind the WAY Al says it, because that's what's funny about it..."quick pr*** s*** Bulloch?"

lollollollollol

Ji'dai, I think Hostetler might be back this season because I saw a clip of Richard Gant at the premiere on The Buzz. :)

Kidhuman
06-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Here is a pic from my last visit to NYC

El Chuxter
06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Spoilers! Highlight to read.

So, uh, was anyone able to see the extent of the damage to Al's hand after his meeting with Hearst?

I know from history that Al will be around for some time, but I'm not sure how the whole situation with Hearst plays out. Call me crazy, but I don't want to crack open a history book, because this is more interesting, and I'd like to be surprised.

Kidhuman
06-18-2006, 11:35 PM
I dont know the extent of it, but Al is a trooper. I think he put a hole in it, and Al aint gonna put up with it.

El Chuxter
06-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Oh, I have no doubt that Major Dad is going to regret what he done did. :D

Kidhuman
06-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Just found this for those with Sirius radio:

"Deadwood Radio - New Show Debut! Sat 6/10 8:00 pm ET
W. Earl Brown (Dan Dority) hosts this exclusive two-hour show based on HBO's frontier drama Deadwood. Each week he is joined by fellow cast-members – including Ian McShane (Al Swearengen), John Hawkes (Sol Star), Sean Bridgers (Johnny Burns), Keith Carradine (Wild Bill Hickok), Robin Wiegert (Calamity Jane), Geri Jewell (Jewel), Jim Beaver (Ellsworth), Keone Young (Wu), and Peter Jason (Con Stapleton) – revisits the previous week's episode and previews each new one debuting on HBO every Sunday night through August 27th – all to the tune of a hand-picked soundtrack of Outlaw Country songs that correspond to each show's themes. It's the closest thing on the radio to an Old West outlaw camp and it's only on SIRIUS!"

"Rebroadcast: Sun., June 11th @ 8 am - 10 am ET." Deadwood Radio coming to SIRIUS

2-1B
06-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Don't worry about Al, he'll have his served cold. :D

What was up with Johnny's flap ? lol

El Chuxter
06-19-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't know, but I was about to forego my deviled eggs. :(

2-1B
06-19-2006, 11:23 AM
The same reaction could be had from being in the wrong line of sight of Trixie in that mirror reflection. lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
06-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks KH... now I just have to plan on being in my car at that time. lol

Ji'dai
06-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I dunno, Trixie can't be all that bad. Sol apparently can't get enough of her. That was a great scene with her sitting in for the mirror placement.

This is the second time that Charlie Utter has complained about the growth of his mail-delivery business. He was scooping up some more freshly posted letters and parcels and muttering "why can't people keep their damn thoughts to themselves?" :D

2-1B
06-19-2006, 11:52 PM
I dunno, Trixie can't be all that bad. Sol apparently can't get enough of her. That was a great scene with her sitting in for the mirror placement.

Well, it's just that...after 7 abortions in the Old West, ahhhhhh, I'm not sure that their surgical practices wouldn't leave...um, visual evidence of such trauma? :confused:

JimJamBonds
06-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Well, it's just that...after 7 abortions in the Old West, ahhhhhh, I'm not sure that their surgical practices wouldn't leave...um, visual evidence of such trauma? :confused:

I thought some of those are from a drink she mixes up?

El Chuxter
06-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah, some sort of tea that acts as a sort of old-fashioned "morning after pill." I think most of the abortions Trixie's referred to were farther along for some reason. Not sure if she said it outright or implied it, though.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Well, with the impending intrusion of the doc's instruments on Alma's mind, I got the impression that Trixie was referring to a similar situation to aleve Alma's fears. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Trixie had to have been knocked up more than 7 times in her lifetime of whoring. :confused:

Ji'dai
06-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Alma was definitely fearing more for her life than facing the Doc's instruments. Didn't Alma say something in Season 2 about having a child would be very risky to her life due to a previous complication? I think Trixie was trying to calm her with the fact that she survived seven abortions. Trixie could have carried hers longer and may have taken something to induce premature labor.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Right, I just meant that Doc had to go in there and get it...whereas Trixie's were induced and a little more uh, natural? :confused: I just had lunch, can we talk about this later please ? lol

jjreason
06-22-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm finally caught up. The last 5 minutes snapped me to attention (I found the rest of the ep to be a little slow moving), something is definitely going to hit the fan, what with that menacing look on Bullock's face as they faded to credits. Yikers. Anyone else think that Doc Cochrane is about the most interesting background character on TV? :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Good man, that Elsworth. :thumbsup:

I agree with JR up there about Doc Cochrane...very interesting. :) I want to know more about his grave robbing past. :crazed:

Kidhuman
06-26-2006, 02:04 AM
DAmn it, I have to wait until Wednesday to see this. I had it DVR'd but it rained and I lost signal in the middle of it. DAMN DAMN DAMN

Reefer Shark
06-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Man, this show effin rocks! Unfortunately, I don't have HBO, so I don't know what's going on currently. But I just got done watching season 2 on dvd, and I'm hooked.

I wonder how long until we get a dvd of season 3, mabye a year? It's gonna be a long wait for me... :tired:

2-1B
06-26-2006, 03:57 AM
hey chux, notice the song they played over the end credits ? ;)

El Chuxter
06-26-2006, 08:26 AM
How could I miss it? Unfortunately, the Deadwood site doesn't have a kickarse list of music credits like Sopranos (probably because there's only one song per episode), so I'm not sure who that was doing it.

Hellboy
06-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm really enjoying this season so far. Hearst is a great villain but it is weird seeing Swearengen and Bullock on the same side considering their past.

I'm also really pleased with the addition of Brian Cox to the cast. He seems to fit in nicely and seeing his history with Al being fleshed out should prove interesting.

Kidhuman
07-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Chux, I stopped the end credits on every page and they didnt list who sang the song.

This weeks(last) was great. I finally caught it and I like how Al is playing the waiting game. NExy weeek looks to be good as all hell seems to break loose.

Ji'dai
07-04-2006, 12:57 PM
This last ep has surely set some record for use of the f-word :D

I bet Leon is acting on Hearst's orders by getting Alma using again. Mr. Ellsworth is a pretty capable guy, but I'm not sure Trixie is right for bank customer service. At least not that kind of service anyway. Ah, the frontier days. Think any of us could go into a bank and cosign a $1200 loan for the local drunk to buy a business?

With all the talk about fires I'm wondering if the camp will burn to the ground at the end of the season. Maybe Al and his men will set it to prevent Hearst from completing his takeover.

2-1B
07-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Elsworth came on strong again this week - I love him. :D

I wish someone would kill Steve the Drunk.

Kidhuman
07-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Mr. Ellsworth is great, he kills me.

I agree about Steve the Drunk.

Al and company are going to kick arse next week. Hopefully the Captain gets it

2-1B
07-04-2006, 08:05 PM
No kidding ! :D

And how funny is it that I find myself feeling bad for Al and rooting in his favor ? :crazed: The same guy who had a claims owner thrown off a ledge not to mention his ways with women and the others he's killed...yet here I am rooting for him. I'm sick. :crazed:

JimJamBonds
07-05-2006, 12:49 PM
And how funny is it that I find myself feeling bad for Al and rooting in his favor ? :crazed: The same guy who had a claims owner thrown off a ledge not to mention his ways with women and the others he's killed...yet here I am rooting for him. I'm sick. :crazed:

But he brought 'the gimp' out West with him and don't forget about putting the poor Reverand out of his misery.

Ji'dai
07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Was the plump blonde that bedded the Belle Union numbnut the same actress that played Stumpy's wife on Carnivale? She and her daughters were carny strippers/prostitutes.

Hellboy
07-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Was the plump blonde that bedded the Belle Union numbnut the same actress that played Stumpy's wife on Carnivale? She and her daughters were carny strippers/prostitutes.

Yep, that was her.

2-1B
07-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Yep, Cynthia Ettinger. Nice to see her getting work. :D

On the topic of the daughters in Carnivale, did you realize the older one was Meat Loaf's daughter?

Funny, I just saw the younger one in The 40-Year Old Virgin again last night. And I saw Clancy Brown in some movie on HBO last night, can't remember which one.

Wow, all of these Carnivale alumni showing up in the past few days...very odd. :crazed:

JimJamBonds
07-06-2006, 12:19 AM
On the topic of the daughters in Carnivale, did you realize the older one was Meat Loaf's daughter?

Funny, I just saw the younger one in The 40-Year Old Virgin again last night. And I saw Clancy Brown in some movie on HBO last night, can't remember which one.

Wow, all of these Carnivale alumni showing up in the past few days...very odd. :crazed:

I'm not sure if its the same one but one of Meatloaf's daughters is engaged to Scott Ian of Anthrax fame.

2-1B
07-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Wow, I never heard that...the one I refer to is named Amanda Aday, I believe. And she must be way younger than ol' Scooter there.

JimJamBonds
07-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Wow, I never heard that...the one I refer to is named Amanda Aday, I believe. And she must be way younger than ol' Scooter there.

I did some 'research' its the older one named Pearl.

2-1B
07-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Awesome episode tonight, that was incredible! :)

-"spasm of sexual interest" ? Are you kidding me? lol lol lol

-great fight between Dan and One Eyed Willy, WOW. :eek:

-Ellsworth and Alma, WTF ? I was under the impression that the marriage had been consummated already, based on the conjugal comment last week...but that was some messed up interaction there. :confused:

2-1B
07-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Okay, I forgot to ask WTF is up with Hostetler? :confused:
Shocking.

Now that business about the board being brought back up, THAT was awesome. :D I only hope Seth could have read it, though. :grin:

Kidhuman
07-10-2006, 06:48 AM
Twas a great episode. I was diappointed in the fight until Gordon ripped his eye out. I wonder what happened to him. Bullock arresting Hurst was great too, dragging him by the ear.

I dont know why Hostetler shot himself???? Perplexed me.

El Chuxter
07-10-2006, 08:24 AM
He looked like he was having a heart attack before he shot himself.

Nice to see the tide finally turning against Hearst.

JimJamBonds
07-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Okay, I forgot to ask WTF is up with Hostetler? :confused:
Shocking.

While I didn't see the episode (yet) I read the recap on HBO.com and I couldn't believe it!

Nice to see the tide finally turning against Hearst.

I agree, although I think the tide is going to keep swinging back and forth between those two.

2-1B
07-10-2006, 12:35 PM
JimJam, why are you reading the plot synopsis? lol

JimJamBonds
07-10-2006, 01:52 PM
JimJam, why are you reading the plot synopsis? lol

Because it will be (at least) two more weeks until I get the next tape from you. :D BTW I watched all three episodes on Sat. night, I haven't rewatched them yet I'll take care of that later in the week.

Ji'dai
07-10-2006, 09:16 PM
I can't believe Hostetler blew his brains out. The only thing I fgure is he thought he had lost everything after having to sell the livery. Plus Steve the Drunk's constant needling over the confession board just pushed him over the edge. I noticed Steve eyeing that bag of gold at the bank sitdown so I thought he might try to rob Hostetler.

Dan and the Captain's fight was awesome, especially the eye-plucking. Man, I wasn't expecting that. Dan must have received some training from Mr. Wu Pei Mei over in Chinatown :ninja:

I thought Mr. & Mrs. Ellsworth had already done the deed too after Ellsworth's conjugal comment at the bank.

2-1B
07-11-2006, 01:47 AM
I liked the fight even before the eye gouge...the way they each geared up for it was hilarious, with Dan oiling up his junk :D and Turner doing his stretches. Funny stuff. lol

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I could understand oiling your face so the punch slips off, but couldnt understand why he oiled up his junk and rest of the body.

El Chuxter
07-11-2006, 10:40 AM
I thought to make himself more slippery, but then he put a shirt on. Maybe good intentions along those lines, but too stupid to know the reason for the oil?

2-1B
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I thought maybe he was trying to avoid chafing? lol

I'm trying to figure out why he had to be such a recluse after the fight...I understand the reasons Al cited but it's not like Dan hasn't killed before.

Look at Brom Garret who he jacked out on the rim - he did him in cold blood and showed up at Alma's doorstep hat in hand putting on a big show purely for profit.

With Turner it was personal and a fair match so I guess he approaches it differently. Personally I find his killing of Turner to be far far far far far less immoral than other acts of murder that he's comitted. :D

Ji'dai
07-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Boxers use petroleum jelly and other skin lubes to protect their skin from friction and chafing. Dan probably greased himself up so he could move more freely without being bound up by clothing adhering to his skin and rubbing him raw. It may help reduce bleeding from cuts and abrasions too, I'm not sure.

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 02:17 PM
I thought to make himself more slippery, but then he put a shirt on. Maybe good intentions along those lines, but too stupid to know the reason for the oil?

Thats what I thought, but maybe it was for some other reasons. The only thing he accomplished by it was attracting dirt to his body

Hellboy
07-12-2006, 08:50 PM
WOW :eek: that was a heavy episode, easily my favorite of the season.

The fight was brutal and I really thought Dan had lost there until he gouged out Turner's eye. I think it makes sense that he's having trouble dealing with the aftermath since up to this point he's always been in control and probably never had to deal with his own mortality.

I can imagine it sucks being called a liar repeatedly and Steve the drunk is annoying as hell but I never expected Hostetler to shoot himself over it. I guess a guy can only take so much. :dead:

Kidhuman
07-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow, its been a few weeks since this thread was used. 2 good episodes the last few weeks. I am thinking Odell is going to do somehting against Hurst for some reason. I dont think he will side with him. He might end up leaving.

Next week seems to be like a good epsiode with some of Hearsts "bricks" showing up.

This last week was another great line by Al: Tell the *****s if their legs aint in the air, it better be their a**es

El Chuxter
07-25-2006, 03:04 PM
That was the Earps showing up in the teaser for next week, right?

Ji'dai
07-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Yep, Wyatt and I think Morgan.

So they decide to mount a public relations campaign to thwart Hearst. Odell's gold claim in Liberia gives Hearst a reason to leave the camp. That is, if he'll swallow his pride in exchange for the opportunity to become wealthier elsewhere.

El Chuxter
07-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I came across some spoilers from the historical record. Well, not exactly. Apparently, not much worth mentioning happened while Hearst was in town, and he was considered to be an upstanding citizen. But what fun is Major Dad playing a nice guy when he can play Palpatine's more evil brother?

jjreason
07-26-2006, 08:53 PM
After the big brawl, 3.7 was a bit of a slow-down episode. I'm looking forward to seeing next week's.

2-1B
07-27-2006, 12:26 AM
I won't be eating canned peaches any time soon. :D
(well, I think Jane and Joanie might, though :crazed: )

Ahhhhhhh, some cinnamon might be nice, though. :)

Ji'dai
07-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Steve the Drunk getting horse kicked :D ...anyone not see that one coming? I wonder if he'll ever recover from that. The ****** General had fun feeding the ****sucker though.

So what was the deal with Martha Bullock not wanting to move the kids to the new school?

Kidhuman
07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
I thought Steve got his due. I know the general was loving it.

I wanna know whats up with the Earps. I like how Al called them on the saving the coach. Wonder if they are working for Hearst or not.

Hearsts posse shows up so you know next week will be a decent episode.

El Chuxter
07-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Wyatt Earp apparently visited Deadwood in reality, but not much happened. In the show, though, I'm sure poop is majorly hitting the fan next week.

2-1B
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm torn about Steve the Drunk getting kicked...on one hand I delight in it as he is very annoying but on the other hand he can be funny. :D (scolding the horse to "give me your f***in' hoof" was pretty hilarious lol )

Ji'dai
08-01-2006, 09:55 AM
I watched it again and Tolliver refers to the Earps as "amateurs" and "taking them off the sugar" after Hearst's men ride into camp. I guessing Tolliver will probably turn a cold shoulder to the brothers, who will then side with Bullock or at least Swearengen in the fight with Hearst.

Daz
08-05-2006, 05:26 AM
Has anyone watched the trailer on the official site it appears to give the impression that Wu presumably under Als orders has amassed over 200 of his men outside camp in preparation for the coming conflagration.

What I dont understand is why Al didn't just kill Hearst before the bandits arrived surely with no one to pay them they would have just moved on, or has he become to civilised for that sort of tactic now.

2-1B
08-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I loved how Al had to crack Johnny for solving Wu's drawings. lol lol lol

Charlie Utter hitting that Pinkerton was hilarious. Great show.

Big praise for Richardson the Juggler. :crazed:

Kidhuman
08-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Al slugging Johnny was hilarious. Next week looks to be good as the s**t is going to hit the fan. It looks like Al was beating down Langrish next episode, but couldnt make it out.

2-1B
08-06-2006, 10:50 PM
You know who should get a beatdown is that Jarry fellow. :D

Seriously, WTF was up with his chick impression ? :crazed:

Hellboy
08-07-2006, 12:27 AM
It looks like Al was beating down Langrish next episode, but couldnt make it out.

It looked to me like it was Hearst's man, the one Bullock locked up for beating Merrick:whip:.

Yeah, that was really strange. :stupid:

El Chuxter
08-12-2006, 07:51 PM
A heads-up if you don't have season 1 or 2 on DVD yet: Costco is running a special from 8/21 - 8/27 where certain HBO TV shows are $20 off. (I don't think it applies to Curb, unfortunately, since those are regularly about $25 there.)

JimJamBonds
08-12-2006, 09:28 PM
I've only watched ep's 1-3 of this latest season but tomorrow I'll get two fresh tapes from Caesar and I'll be able to catch up!!!!! :pleased: :pleased: :pleased:

2-1B
08-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Hellboy is right, I also think it looks like Hearst's Pinkerton getting a lesson from Albert. :)

El Chuxter
08-14-2006, 07:40 AM
I think it might be the Pinkerton getting a beatdown. I'm not 100% sure yet. I need to watch the episode again.

Looks like they're going to string this out as long as possible. I was sure there'd be major action tonight but, with the exception of Al handing out free cans of whooparse, not a whole lot.

2-1B
08-14-2006, 11:03 AM
What Chux, the closeup of that guy getting a draw across his throat wasn't convincing enough of his identity? lol

Kidhuman
08-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I freezeframed next weeks coming attractions and it was no doubt that Hearst was holding his hand in blood. I doubt he will be the one killed, but someone buys it.

El Chuxter
08-14-2006, 03:39 PM
The real Hearst survived, so I doubt his TV counterpart will die.

Ji'dai
08-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I liked Johnny's comment about how long the rug in Al's office had lasted as he and Dan were rolling the dead Pinkerton in it.

Hearst spitting on E.B. was just disgusting. Then threatening him about cleaning it off. Man, I can't stand that.

2-1B
08-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I just hope Alma doesn't shoot Richardson.

JimJamBonds
08-15-2006, 09:25 AM

I laughed my ash off!!! Why didn't Major Dad put a major hurting on Jarry?!?!

Kidhuman
08-17-2006, 07:31 PM
I remember Chux asking about the music awhile back, on HBO.com they have the music from Deadwood cd....

http://store.hbo.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1982077&cp=1885651.2120232&clickid=mainnav_browse_txt&parentPage=family

El Chuxter
08-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I actually have that one, but it's only selections from Season 1 & 2. I'd like a list of all the tracks they use, like they have for The Sopranos.

2-1B
08-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Damnit. :mad:
One of my favorite characters, gone. :cry:

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 12:16 AM
I was kind of shocked that it ended up being Ellsworth that got shot. I was even more suprised that Trixie went and shot Hearst. A freakin good episode. I sat there and thought "How the F**k could these a55hats not do a 4th season?" This has been agreat season and will be sad to see it end.

JimJamBonds
08-21-2006, 12:20 AM
You have the inside connection with HBO KH use your influence. :D

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 01:10 AM
You have the inside connection with HBO KH use your influence. :D

I've tried, they aint budging on this one.

El Chuxter
08-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Gerald McRainey deserves an Emmy for Best Guest Actor (that is a category, right?). If you'd told me a year ago, I'd hate Major Dad, I'd have laughed at you. "Major Dad is a pillar of the television community," I would have said. "Everyone loves Major Dad. Even the Romulans love Major Dad."

Well, I have never wanted to reach into the TV and b-slap a character more than Major "Hearst" Dad.

I read up on the real-life history, and I was saddened to see that he was not tortured by Al Swearengen's goons and fed, still alive, to Woo's pigs.

RIP, Ellsworth.

2-1B
08-21-2006, 09:42 AM
I was thinking the same awhile back, that Simon from Simon and Simon should get an Emmy for Deadwood. :)

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I loved how Al had to crack Johnny for solving Wu's drawings. lol lol lol

You mean like this Caesar?

JimJamBonds
08-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the new tar KH!:D

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Anytime, check my myspace page for tons more, a friend has been posting away with deadwood pics.

JimJamBonds
08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. ;)

2-1B
08-21-2006, 10:32 PM
You mean like this Caesar?

I absolutely do. :D

Ji'dai
08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Poor Ellsworth :(

Gotta hand it to the writers on this show, making me think of Swearengen as some type of gallant heroic figure, protector of the innocent and savior of defenseless women. Hell, Swearengen was doing the same thing Hearst is doing now, to the same people, back in season one. He even ordered Dan to murder Sophia! Even Ellsworth was contemplating leaving camp after witnessing Mr. Garret's death (after his cliff diving lesson with Al's henchman). But it's just business, alliances shift as situations change.

After Bullock's beating of E.B., I was wondering who in Al's organization was leaking information. Farnum swore to Al that it wasn't he who told Hearst about Bullock's affair with Alma, and Swearengen came downstairs and surveyed his men, working out who could be the traitor within the ranks. Now looking at next week's trailer, it seems to be Johnny.

Then Aunt Lou sending a food basket over the Gem Saloon after Ellworth's death. She might be reaching out to Swearengen, looking for ways to betray her boss after losing her son.

I can't wait until Sunday.

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 05:29 PM
The thing that sucks is that it is the last episode. How could they do this? Make a 4th season. Plea to them at HBO.

JimJamBonds
08-24-2006, 09:56 PM
SPOILERS!

In the Season Three finale, the camp turns out to vote--but as Bullock notes, the election may already have been decided. In light of the populace's mood, Langrishe delays the opening of his theater, and ponders his future in Deadwood. After detouring at Nuttall's Number 10, Hawkeye arrives at the Gem with "almost 18" men to complement Wu's contingent. Alma works out a deal for her claim; Utter Freight receives a special delivery for Hearst; and Harry gets his fire engine. Stubbs reaches out to a frustrated Tolliver, who finds himself with a folded hand as the action heats up. Through Farnum, Hearst issues his conditions for departure, forcing Swearengen to finish what Burns can't.

WOW!!!!!!!!! And for some reason this show won't go on! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2-1B
08-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Easy there, spoiler boy. :mad:

Tag that b**ch up, would ya? :mad:

JimJamBonds
08-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Easy there, spoiler boy. :mad:

Tag that b**ch up, would ya? :mad:

Anybody can read that on HBO.com so I think its fair game. :D

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 12:18 PM
But if we avoid HBO.com then we wont see it.

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Check out who is on myspace (http://www.myspace.com/wearlbrown)

2-1B
08-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Franks and Beans ! :grin: I just made a Friend request. lol

How about that pic of Scott Ian and Lemmy ? ? ? Someone posted the short comment of just...

"Hoopleheads"

I love it ! :D

Anybody can read that on HBO.com so I think its fair game. :D

HAWWWWWWW ? :rolleyes:

Yeah, and anyone could read about SW at TF.N but we had to tag that sh** up over the years. :mad:

JimJamBonds
08-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Check out who is on myspace (http://www.myspace.com/wearlbrown)

Ellsworth is also on myspace.

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 06:18 PM
IF you go to my page and search my friends, you will see a few Al's and some others, not really them though like Earl Brown is the real deal.

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Is it me or did it end...WEAK!!!

2-1B
08-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure how I feel yet...but I have to say if that's how it ends, it could have been worse. Like Carnivale for example, the way that show ended was a real pain. Stupid HBO. :mad:

I think Ji'dai's post from last week applies to this week, too. :(

Poor Ellsworth :(

Gotta hand it to the writers on this show, making me think of Swearengen as some type of gallant heroic figure, protector of the innocent and savior of defenseless women. Hell, Swearengen was doing the same thing Hearst is doing now, to the same people, back in season one. He even ordered Dan to murder Sophia! Even Ellsworth was contemplating leaving camp after witnessing Mr. Garret's death (after his cliff diving lesson with Al's henchman). But it's just business, alliances shift as situations change.

He protected Trixie this week but at a horrible and disgusting price. :(
That whole storyline made me uneasy. Very well done, of course, but bothersome!

Why didn't Bullock and Utter take Al by his ear? ;)

El Chuxter
08-28-2006, 07:33 PM
It really felt like it was written and filmed before the show was cancelled. Luckily, there are the movie(s) to look forward to, which hopefully will finish the show better than this episode. I saw the seeds of the Chinese Rebellion from real-life history, and, unless I'm mistaken, we didn't get the results of the election.

Ji'dai
08-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I was wrong about Johnny, though I'm glad he stood up to Al and refused to kill his "girlfriend." Interesting job perk at the Gem, all the free snatch you want but don't get deeply involved. Noticed how she immediately bent over when Johnny told her he wanted to "talk?"

Charlie Utter is the man! Not only stood up to Hearst at the beginning, but also his henchman harassing voters in the street. Gave 'em both a tongue lashing that left them speechless.

The ending was very anti-climatic, but like Chux said, the ep was probably in the can long before the show was officially cancelled. Maybe ending it now was for the better, future seasons could've fallen into a formulaic routine with Tolliver's & Hearst's henchmen stirring trouble for Swearengen, Bullock, & crew each week. The show might've eventually become a Gunsmoke or Big Valley or something. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

So much for Leon. Anyone miss him?

2-1B
08-30-2006, 12:52 AM
No, I don't, but I will miss Cy's pronounciation of "Leoooon."

jjreason
08-30-2006, 12:56 PM
I was disappointed that Hearst "won". At least on the Sopranos you can be assured that the focal point of your anger is going to get dealt with in an uncomfortable and messy fashion, there was none of that release here. Hearst walked away unscathed leaving Alma without her claim and husband, Bullock without his tin, Aunt Lou without her son.... the list is endless. What a downer.

El Chuxter
08-30-2006, 08:56 PM
True, but they couldn't have just killed Hearst. It has to jive somewhat with the historical record.

jjreason
08-31-2006, 10:47 PM
True enough. I just wish he'd gone out of town under duress or had been made to beg for his life.... you know, something satisfying! He just flat out won, period, which blows goats - historically accurate or not. :p

JimJamBonds
09-01-2006, 12:03 AM
True enough. I just wish he'd gone out of town under duress or had been made to beg for his life.... you know, something satisfying! He just flat out won, period, which blows goats - historically accurate or not. :p

Damn history! :shakesfist:

2-1B
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Season 3 DVD should street on 6/12...that will complete the Trilogy, it seems. :cry:

Kidhuman
03-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Awesome, you on that UK?

2-1B
03-31-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't want to sound negative, but the fact that we still haven't heard anything about scheduling a 2 hour wrap up show has me thinking that it will never happen.

JimJamBonds
04-01-2007, 09:28 PM
This is from Dub's myspace page back in January.....

There is no new information about the upcoming DEADWOOD movies. I attended a holiday party at David Milch's house and there was all sorts of talk about a June start date. However, nothing is on paper yet.

2-1B
04-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I'd like to see footage of a David Milch party...I bet he kicks back and lounges on the carpet with his shoes off.

JimJamBonds
04-02-2007, 11:25 PM
I'd like to see footage of a David Milch party...I bet he kicks back and lounges on the carpet with his shoes off.

Don't forget his black t shirt!

Last night when I was trying to find info about Corpselumber I read that John from Cincinnati is supposed to premier in June. Its by D.M. and is about a surfer in SoCal. :lame:

Kidhuman
05-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Talked to the HBO rep the other day at my job and she said the movie is slated to air in September. I personally think it might be later, but hell, I cant wait either way

Kidhuman
05-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Don't forget his black t shirt!

Last night when I was trying to find info about Corpselumber I read that John from Cincinnati is supposed to premier in June. Its by D.M. and is about a surfer in SoCal. :lame:

Actually the show looks quite interesting as the guy can leviatate. The previews look decent and I will give it a watch.

El Chuxter
05-22-2007, 02:11 PM
All the recent stuff about John from Cincinnati looks much more interesting than the old stuff. Were they trying to keep the supernatural aspects under wraps for a while, or something?

JimJamBonds
06-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Talked to the HBO rep the other day at my job and she said the movie is slated to air in September. I personally think it might be later, but hell, I cant wait either way

I'd love for that to happen in September!!!!!!!!

2-1B
12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
I finally got that book that came out last yar, Stories of the Black Hills or whatever it's called...very good book, glad I bought it.

UKWildcat
06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
As part of their Gold Box: Deal of the Day, Amazon has Seasons 1-3 of Deadwood on sale for $89.99 (http://www.amazon.com/Deadwood-Complete-Seasons-Michael-Almereyda/dp/B000O5B4BU/ref=xs_gb_20_center-2_rw_uk_20737?pf_rd_p=305207801&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=13DFHGNC4VSAMQ375978) today. Not a bad price, at ~ $30 per season, considering these things rarely go on sale.

Kidhuman
06-18-2008, 07:30 PM
That is not a bad deal if I didnt own the first two already

JimJamBonds
06-18-2008, 10:28 PM
That is not a bad deal if I didnt own the first two already

That is not a bad deal if 2-1B hadn't already burnt the series for me.

UKWildcat
06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
That 2-1B is a swell fellow, I mean, droid. :thumbsup:

2-1B
11-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I visited Deadwood this summer and it was a great time !!!

Jedi_Kal-El
11-13-2008, 12:42 AM
I visited Deadwood this summer and it was a great time !!!

I was planning a visit before my job went away, but I will get to take a trip out there sometime. I'm a bit envious of you twobers, but I'm glad you had a good time.

Mister Roboto
11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
I was planning a visit before my job went away, but I will get to take a trip out there sometime. I'm a bit envious of you twobers, but I'm glad you had a good time.

Were you holding on to JJL's package so Charlie could mail it?:thumbsup: