PDA

View Full Version : Easy Yavin IV War Room Dodonna Custom Info!!

Beast
04-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Haven't seen anyone post about this yet, so I figured that I would pass it on. Since it does look pretty good. As mentioned in the article, a few people didn't like the fact that we got the Medal Ceremony version of Dodonna. But there is an easy fix, and it looks like Hasbro had it planned for us to find and do ourselves. As I noticed that the arms are easily removable and even seem to have a oily greasy substance on them.

So just 1 Dodonna and 1 Antilles, and a quick arm pop-off and switch the Jacket from Antilles with Dodonna's long coat and you have a War Room version of ole Dodonna. And you can put the long coat on Antilles and he can double as one of the other long coated rebels spotted on Yavin IV. The only thing left that you need to do is reattach each figures original arms, and paint the coat's insignia the correct red instead of blue. :)

http://www.yakface.com/features/armswap/index.shtml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
04-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Wow, that's really cool!

Thanks for the info JarJar ~ I'll have to try and find another Antilles so I can give it a shot.

Kidhuman
04-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I think I am gonna do that as well if I find another one of each

sith_killer_99
04-02-2004, 10:19 AM
I did this great custom last night. I ended up scraping off the blue paint on the insignia and using a fine point red permanent sharpie for the red insignia.

It works pretty well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey, this is pretty cool! I just ordered Dodonna off the TRU site, as well as the TIE Pilot and Antilles, so I'll try this when they get here.

Not quite sure why I didn't get Gold Leader. I couldn't even remember whether I got him or Antilles! :confused:

Reefer Shark
04-11-2004, 01:50 AM
I just bought an extra Dodonna and Antilles and did this custom the other night. I used Dodonnas long coat on the extra Antilles too.

They both Look great IMO. Gotta be the easiest customs I've ever done!

bobafett07728
04-12-2004, 11:32 AM
I bought this case assortment and have an extra of each of these. I think I may do this, rather than try to get rid of them. With Dutch having that removable helmet, I think I may use him to make another Rebel Pilot. This assortment was a pretty good one for customs.

DarthBrandon
04-20-2004, 04:38 AM
I completed this custom tonight with ease, no boil and pop steps needs to be taken as the arms pop off rather easily, the only left to do is paint Dodonna's rank insignia. Best Easter egg in a long time IMO. I hope Hasbro keeps this up with other figures in the future. :)

OC47150
04-20-2004, 01:11 PM
I need an extra Dodonna before trying this.

The bodies of these two figues would make for great generic Rebel officers. I'm gonna try that, too.

Kidhuman
06-10-2004, 10:25 AM
I did this custom last week and it turned out pretty easy. I did rip Antillies arm of because the plastic was to soft, but glued it back on. Very easy to do, took less than 5 minutes.

Edit: What is the best thing to use to make the short coat into Dodonna's colors? Marker or paint?