PDA

View Full Version : Fan Club Package

evenflow
04-02-2004, 02:34 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, but i just got a package from the fan club and in it was an artwork cell from the Ewoks cartoon. They said it is an original cell, I got what looks like a rock. I was wondering what others got?

Dr Zoltar
04-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Cool! I was wondering when the new Fan Club stuff was being mailed out. I'll post what I get when it arrives.

bobafett07728
04-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Hmmm. . . sounds pretty sweet. Let's hope I actually get sent somethinbg this time. :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey, sounds good. I was wondering if they were doing anything this year.

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Bart wants to get an original cel from Itchy & Scratchy, and it's an arm. Too bad they couldn't send ones from the Clone Wars instead.

evenflow
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Any one else get anything yet?

mm74md
04-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I found the whole package worthless. Just a punch of promo posters for CCG & Lego stuff I don't even collect. :(

evenflow
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Yeah, but what cell did you get? Could you make out what it is?

bobafrett
04-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Are all fan club members getting this? I'm in the middle of a two year renewal, so I'd like to know if it's just for new members, renewals, or is it all current members also?

Dr Zoltar
04-07-2004, 01:23 AM
I renewed back in November and just got my fan club package today. The cell I got appears to be the top part of a head of what looks like a female Ewok. I'll try and scan the image and post it here.

All the other stuff in the envelope didn't seem to be of any use to me.

Dr Zoltar
04-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Here is the animation cell I got. It was a tiny little bit on a large sheet of paper and plastic overlay.

evenflow
04-08-2004, 09:28 AM
That is awesome. I wish mine was that good. All I got was a rock :(

Dr Zoltar
04-08-2004, 01:45 PM
If we all scan and upload what we got, maybe we can put together a whole scene from the show!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2004, 05:43 PM
If we all scan and upload what we got, maybe we can put together a whole scene from the show!
Uh, are you serious, or kidding? I guess we could make a thing tha doesn't move, but it takes like 27 pictures to make up one second of animation. Plus, we don't have backgrounds, etc.

Anyway, I got mine yesterday. My cel is of an ewok gathering water into a bucket, and it is pretty large (even though it doesn't have his head or the bottom of his legs. I think this is a really good idea, even though they should've chosen some of them more wisely (a rock??? come on!). I like the diorama bakcgrounds, especially the Geonosis one. I can use this one to make some nice dioramas, but the Jabba one shows that the new Hasbro figure's head is in scale, but the tail is too short and his body is not tall enough, but oh well.

Dr Zoltar
04-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Uh, are you serious, or kidding?
Nah, I was just joking. I should have stuck a smiley face in my comment.

Emperor Howdy
04-09-2004, 02:53 AM
Man, did I get gypped! I got two puddles of water, LOL. Actually, it looks like "splashes" where someone was walking or running through shallow water. So if anyone sees that dumb cartoon in the near future, the "water splashing under the feet" scene is my cell! :nerv:

:stupid:

:rolleyes:

:speech: Censorship is the antichrist!

:rambo: "I want what they want. What every guy, came over here, spilt his guts and gave everything they had wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it. That's what I want."

Emperor Howdy
04-10-2004, 04:56 PM
So if anyone sees that dumb cartoon in the near future, the "water splashing under the feet" scene is my cell! :nerv:

....which reminds me. As new owner of the cell, I am now entitled to future and retro-active royalties everytime that scene is/was shown by a network. Based on precise scientific calculations of "Ewoks" movie showings in the past, present, and expected future, I am duely owed $0.68 for the public exhibition of my property. :nerv:

:ermm: errrrrr

:dis: *sigh*

:alien: "What am I, a doctor or a moon shuttle conductor?"

stillakid
04-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Uh, are you serious, or kidding? I guess we could make a thing tha doesn't move, but it takes like 27 pictures to make up one second of animation. Plus, we don't have backgrounds, etc.

Film is 24 fps. Television is 29.97 fps.

I got a hand. A green hand. Anybody got a body that goes with it?

DarkArtist
04-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Just got mine, Can You Say LAME !!!!!!!! The cell is totally pathetic, some kind of mouth, if they were going to give out cells than they should have given something that was actually worth it. The rest of the promotional items were just as useless. :cry:
The fan club should consider giving an exclusive figure instead like Moore Collectibles or even McFarlane Toys. Maybe when Hasbro has these Fan's Choice vote polls, the characters that don't make it can be picked up by the Fan Club and used as a premium for the Fan Club membership package. :)

stillakid
04-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I think I've got all the kits sent to members since they started doing this with Bantha Tracks. This one is by far the lamest assortment yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Film is 24 fps. Television is 29.97 fps.

I got a hand. A green hand. Anybody got a body that goes with it?
Right, okay. I knew it was around there somewhere. ;)

I'm guessing that you have a Dulok hand (not from Shrek, but same name)? Man, seems I'm one of the few who got anything remotely good.

That reminds me. I haven't seen those shows for a while, and I only saw those VHS tapes they released a few years back. They were okay, but I don't remember much about them. I think sometime in the future, they should release them on DVD - maybe in a huge box set, with Ewoks, Droids, and Clone Wars? Then they could do some figures based on the series. It probably won't happen, but I'd like to see some. Like a Dulok that somehow loses its stomach after washing with that soap, but it'd be in realistic-style (like the 10 original Clone Wars figures).

JEDIpartner
04-10-2004, 11:25 PM
I got some stars, or sparks or maybe some sparkly magic dust. I'm not really sure what it is. *shrugs*

bobafrett
04-11-2004, 06:39 PM
I feel lucky, I got a whole female Ewok head. The characters name is "Kneesa". She looks sad, but she has a mouth, nose, both ears, and eyes, and her pink hood. A rock? A splash? What were they thinking, I'm sure that there had to be better cells to send.

evenflow
04-11-2004, 09:01 PM
I have to say you were very lucky, or maybe I was just super unlucky. Whatever way, it sucks for me.

bobafett07728
04-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Hmmmmm. . . I still haven't recieved mine yet!!! I hope I don't get screwed out of this package like I did on the previous one. I am actually a big fan of the vintage cartoons, so this is a pretty sweet idea. I would've MUCH rather had the Droids series, but maybe that is in the future. Hey a little piece of cel is better than a sticker in my book, even if it is a rock.

I wonder how much of the series they actually chopped up to make these fan-club pieces? I remember quite a few years back, the Fan-Club actually sold complete animation cels of the shows. I doubt they were able to "destroy" a complete run. . . that would seem like overkill. Maybe we'll see some cels in the JawaTrader (does it even exist anymore?), or starwarsshop.com, and these little pieces are just to wet our appetites? Who knows, I just hope I get something worthwhile.

bobafett07728
04-12-2004, 12:20 PM
I feel lucky, I got a whole female Ewok head. The characters name is "Kneesa". She looks sad, but she has a mouth, nose, both ears, and eyes, and her pink hood. A rock? A splash? What were they thinking, I'm sure that there had to be better cells to send.

That sounds great!!! I'd love to see a scan of that if its possible. It really sounds like you've got the choice piece. Princess Kneesa was one of the main characters of the series, so you really lucked out!!!! Congratulations!

bobafrett
04-14-2004, 08:05 AM
That sounds great!!! I'd love to see a scan of that if its possible. It really sounds like you've got the choice piece. Princess Kneesa was one of the main characters of the series, so you really lucked out!!!! Congratulations!

Okay, I scanned just the face, there was also some light blue pencil marks stating the name of the character.

bobafett07728
04-14-2004, 12:20 PM
That is real awesome!!!! Thanks for scanning that for everyone. About how big is it? I only hope that when (if) I recieve mine, its half as cool as that!!!

bobafrett
04-14-2004, 01:20 PM
That is real awesome!!!! Thanks for scanning that for everyone. About how big is it? I only hope that when (if) I recieve mine, its half as cool as that!!!

It's about 2 1/4 inches wide and 1 3/4 inches high, the Ewok head that is, and it is centered on a 12 1/2 by 10 3/4 inch shhet of paper. which of course means a trip to the custom frame shop should I go that route.

bobafett07728
04-14-2004, 01:24 PM
I figured the sheet itself had to be kinda large, because they do everything in layers. I actually remember seeing a cel of Wicket for sale, but he didn't have a mouth. Apparently in that scene he was talking, so the only part they had to animate was that. With my luck. . . I'll get a 12x10 sheet with a little mouth in the center!!!!!

evenflow
04-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Man that really is awesome. I really wish I could have gotten soemthing cool because I honestly liked the Droids and Ewoks cartoons.

Hellboy
04-18-2004, 05:57 AM
Well I got mine the other day and it's pretty weak. Just part of an Ewok's arm holding what appears to be a baton of some sort. I suppose its better than a rock or some splashes of water, but not by much. :dis:

bobafett07728
04-19-2004, 03:48 PM
While I have not received my package yet, I can't wait. I noticed someone already put their cel on eBay, and I'm thinking of trying to pick it up. If there is anyone out there who is not interested in their cel, drop me a pm, and maybe we can work out a trade, or purchase. I am a huge fan of the animated series, and to me this is one of the best ideas the Fan Club has had!! Now. . . if they only did Droids!!!!!