PDA

View Full Version : Sidious defeats Yoda? What's up with that?

Tycho
04-02-2004, 10:14 PM
OK, if the best spoilers in circulation are true, it goes like this:

Anakin kills Dooku

Obi-Wan kills Grevious

Anakin kills Mace

Palpatine defeats Yoda

Anakin kills little Jedi kids

Obi-Wan defeats Anakin

Vader appears some time after all this. It is indeterminate if he'll fight.

The only thing that really irks me is that Yoda looses to Palpatine? Dude! Yoda is the man! Nobody can beat Yoda!

So Palpatine hands Yoda his butt, and then Anakin (as a crippled Vader) defeats Palpatine? What? How? Why? Because Vader wasn't biological? The Emperor's lightning didn't have as great of effects on him? If the Emperor was so physically powerful, (to defeat Yoda in a duel) why didn't he just wriggle his way free of Vader? Instead, he shoots lightning but otherwise doesn't appear to struggle that much. Did he create the instrument of his doom (Vader) ? What's the message here?

The 'Xir
04-03-2004, 04:18 AM
"I have said it many times, you are the most gifted Jedi I have ever seen. I forsee you becoming the greatest of all Jedi, even more powerful than Master Yoda!"

Yoda da man! Loses to Palpatine(most powerful evil wins), Who inturn loses to Anakin(showing that true goodness from within, will prevail over ultimate evil) Let's celebrate the love! Yeah Baby!!! ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2004, 08:35 PM
What??? Anakin killing the Jedi kids is sick. Where did you hear that? It sounds dumb.
GEORGE: Okay, little Billy. This crazy madman is going to run up to you and impale you with his lightsaber, so act like you're scared, okay?
I can't see it happening, unless he destroys the whole temple with the kids in it, which would only happen after he becomes Vader anyway.

Yoda losing to Palpatine/Sidous, I can understand. In ROTJ, he says to Luke on his deathbed, "Beware the powers of the Emperor." This leads me to believe that he whooped Yoda's arse once upon a time, which I guess is in Episode III.

jawaboy
04-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Not to mention the phrase, "Do not understimate the powers of the Emperor."

Tycho
04-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Yes it's pretty much confirmed. Anakin (as angry-Anakin, not Vader) kills Jedi kids. They'll probably do that sort of like they did Anakin vs. the Tuskens, and not show everything, but imply it pretty directly.

sith_killer_99
04-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I don't buy Yoda getting his butt kicked by Palpatine. Now I can see Yoda turning his back on Palpatine, unaware Palpatine is evil, and Palpatine sucker shocks him.

Remember Yoda turned away Dooku's Force Lightning pretty easily.

IMO, when Yoda warned Luke about the Emperor, it was more about falling to the dark side than anything else. "Suffer your fathers fate" and all that.

As for Anakin killing Jedi kids, I also think it would be implied. But we already know that 1. Anakin kills lots of Jedi. 2. There are children who are Jedi. So it kinda stands to reason. Or at least it dosen't sound too far fetched.

arctangent
04-06-2004, 04:02 AM
What??? Anakin killing the Jedi kids is sick. Where did you hear that? It sounds dumb.

if those little smartass jedi kiddies are as annoying as they were in aotc then he's doing us a favour lol !

Darth Alex
04-08-2004, 03:05 PM
But what about Jar-Jar? Whosea gonnea slaughtera himma?
I think I read something about Jar Jar surviving the movie on a plot wrap-up, but I would be suprised to see ol' Jar make it out alive.
Now, I am not hatin' on the character. I actually like the performance and don't detest the goofiness. But, still, if we're gonna...PLEASE THE FANS...well, Jar has gotta bite it!

As fas as yoda-0, sidious-1, well, it's gonna have to be an UNBELIEVEABLE fight. Better than Smith vs Neo, better than Yoda vs. Dooku, better than Mankind vs. Mick Foley. BIG.

I'd like to see Sidious have some sort of crazy weapon, like a 3-pronged lightsaber or a double-bladed saber, both ends facing away from the user, like a prong. More than likely, Sidious will just have a different single-blade or be Mr. Erupto with the force-lightening.

Maybe him and Yoda could get in a fist-fight, ala Fett/Obi-Wan:crazed: .

Tycho
04-08-2004, 07:25 PM
It's a all-out show-down with all their powers their senior status gives them:

Palpatine Force-hurls his dentures at Yoda following up with spraying him with the cleanser!

Yoda counters by using his powers to levitate and Force-throw boxes of Depens at Palpatine!

Things get ugly when Palpatine hurls his wheel-chair at Yoda - but he's so small, the Sith Lord misses!

Next they break out their canes, and to protect their eyes, don dark glasses!

The cane fight gets awfully bloody.

Yoda seems like he's got the upper hand until he slips on some of Palpatine's multi-vitamins!

Palpatine takes advantage of this distraction and steals Yoda's handicap parking placard!

Using the full authority vested in him as Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine orders the Royal Guards to tow away Yoda's hover-chair for illegal parking!

Yoda flees the fight to chase the guardsmen down to "impound."

Consequently, he later tells Luke "Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor!"

JEDIpartner
04-10-2004, 10:45 PM
I personally don't see what the big deal about a hero getting his butt whupped by a dark lord is around these parts. That's what makes Luke's eventual victory even better. Vader is redeemed and Yoda's final student gets the best of the guy who wronged his master! Simple enough... no?

joesdomain
04-10-2004, 10:55 PM
I just don't get where these people get these rumors and speculation. Lucas has not confirmed it and neither has Lucasfilm or starwars.com. I won't believe until I hear official news from the official sources. I highly doubt Yoda could get his butt kicked any way. It is obvious he doesn't get real injured or dies or he would show in episode V and VI.

Tycho
04-12-2004, 01:51 AM
Well Lucasfilm is hardly going to "confirm" key plot points. I mean, why go and bother to make a movie if they are just going to tell us everything that happens on their website.

Now people working on the movie who can't contain themselves (and want to show off or whatever) go online and post stuff.

If you were working on Episode 3 and learned who Syfo Dyas was, could you refrain from blabbing it (if you were pretty sure you wouldn't get caught?)

So these sources tend to gravitate at a few respected "insider websites" on the internet: theForce.net is about the only one I bother with (due to lack of time mostly, but also because the site was highly reliable for Episodes One and Two).

This is most likely because the so-called Lucasfilm insiders working on the movie prefer to blad to "TFN" over any other website (save for maybe alderra.net - I've seen some good stuff over there before).

So, if you did work for LFL or ILM or THX or whichever company, and you had nice Star Wars spoilers to share, wouldn't you pick a site that's well-known and that would get your information out there to get the biggest reaction from the most amount of people?

Well, TFN has been pretty reliable.

In any case, sometimes I think Lucas tolerates the site so they can "unofficially" leak stuff to gauge fan reactions, and then possibly alter the movie accordingly if they need to.

Why would they do this?

1) The official site (starwars.com) must be accessable to everyone, including all fans, casual or hardcore, and not spoil the movie unintentionally for anyone. Plus it's the easiest domain to look Star Wars up on, if suppose you are not well-versed in all the other fan sites (like a special website dedicated to Salacious Crumb that only 5 people know about... - the casual search is not going to send you there, as the casual fan does not even know who Salacious Crumb is!)

So the official site would not have spoilers. They did do the hyperspace thing to sort of market a little bit more in depth study of Episode 3, but it's not total spoiler land.

Nothing on the official site can be.

Why? Suppose they did want to leak something - like my "Han Solo is a Clone theory" and gauge whether fans would like that to be true or not. Once it is on the official site, like "Darth Maul is dead," it can't be undone.

If a "half-Maul" in a life-support suit, with only his upper body is going to be brought back (and the fans would hate this idea - I would), they could leak that thought to TheForce.Net and see what the reaction is. It not being official news, they could go with whatever's popular.

Many people think that Boba Fett's introduction, and that whole Fett story-arc was brought about because of fan support for the Classic Trilogy bounty hunter.

Meanwhile, the Wookiees fighting seems to be added because of the most popular suggestion on how they could have improved ROTJ - which "with Wookiees fighting" is also widely advocated on the web.

Remember, in 1977 or thereabouts, British newspapers were quoted saying Obi-Wan was Luke's father. That rumor resurfaced when Vader told Luke he was his dad.

A long while ago, I'd heard that JarJar was to be an outcast who redeemed himself by becoming a Jedi. Obviously the spoiler-spinners mixed up Anakin's and JarJar's stories a bit.

So you can't take it all too seriously, but TFN seems pretty reliable based on my experience.

chewbacca71
04-12-2004, 05:48 PM
It's a all-out show-down with all their powers their senior status gives them:

Palpatine Force-hurls his dentures at Yoda following up with spraying him with the cleanser!

Yoda counters by using his powers to levitate and Force-throw boxes of Depens at Palpatine!

Things get ugly when Palpatine hurls his wheel-chair at Yoda - but he's so small, the Sith Lord misses!

Next they break out their canes, and to protect their eyes, don dark glasses!

The cane fight gets awfully bloody.

Yoda seems like he's got the upper hand until he slips on some of Palpatine's multi-vitamins!

Palpatine takes advantage of this distraction and steals Yoda's handicap parking placard!

Using the full authority vested in him as Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine orders the Royal Guards to tow away Yoda's hover-chair for illegal parking!

Yoda flees the fight to chase the guardsmen down to "impound."

Consequently, he later tells Luke "Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor!"

Tycho, too funny!!! lol lol

sith_killer_99
04-12-2004, 07:19 PM
In any case, sometimes I think Lucas tolerates the site so they can "unofficially" leak stuff to gauge fan reactions, and then possibly alter the movie accordingly if they need to.

Why would they do this?

1) The official site (starwars.com) must be accessable to everyone, including all fans, casual or hardcore, and not spoil the movie unintentionally for anyone. Plus it's the easiest domain to look Star Wars up on, if suppose you are not well-versed in all the other fan sites (like a special website dedicated to Salacious Crumb that only 5 people know about... - the casual search is not going to send you there, as the casual fan does not even know who Salacious Crumb is!)

So the official site would not have spoilers. They did do the hyperspace thing to sort of market a little bit more in depth study of Episode 3, but it's not total spoiler land.

Nothing on the official site can be.

Why? Suppose they did want to leak something - like my "Han Solo is a Clone theory" and gauge whether fans would like that to be true or not. Once it is on the official site, like "Darth Maul is dead," it can't be undone.

If a "half-Maul" in a life-support suit, with only his upper body is going to be brought back (and the fans would hate this idea - I would), they could leak that thought to TheForce.Net and see what the reaction is. It not being official news, they could go with whatever's popular.

Many people think that Boba Fett's introduction, and that whole Fett story-arc was brought about because of fan support for the Classic Trilogy bounty hunter.

I have to agree 100%

I honestly believe Lucas does this, I also remember the Robo-Maul rumor after EP1 and how much everyone hated it. I could see GL using the negative reaction to steer him towards developing a whole new character.

YodaBoba
06-15-2004, 12:07 PM
I think Boba Fett is going to kill Mace Windu.

Due to the fact in Attack of the Clones, Windu killed Jango Fett. And I believe Boba wants his REVENGE on Windu.

jedi master sal
06-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Meanwhile, the Wookiees fighting seems to be added because of the most popular suggestion on how they could have improved ROTJ - which "with Wookiees fighting" is also widely advocated on the web.

Wow, how soon we forget, Tycho...

Wookiees were meant to be a fighting force. In fact, it was they and not the Ewoks, who were supposed to have helped the rebels defeat the Empire at the Battle of Endor. The Ewok villages you see where supposed to be Wookiee villages and it would have been Kashyyk and not Endor. Since Chewbacca however had been introduced to us earlier, Lucas felt we wouldn't believe his people to be barbaric since it was proven that they weren't by Chewie's mechanical and piloting abilities. So he cut them in half, inversed the name- Wook' iee - E'wok and gave them short fur instead of long fur.

Showing them in the prequels only goes back to the roots of the original script. Lest we forget all of the Ralph McQuarrie artwork that shows a Wookiee warrior.

Having Chewie is just eye candy, but I suspect we will be happy to see him again on the big screen when it comes time. His "death" in the EU books bothered many people, myself included, so this is a chance to show him alive and in his prime. I'm glad Lucas has chosen to include him. True he may not be needed, but it will just be cool to see that walking carpet on screen again...ha ha

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if the Emperor beat Yoda. It's plausible.
Anakin killing the little kids isn't really needed but may be done witht the same suspense as the original Wampa scene. GL doesn't need to show it specifically.

-Sal

Tycho
06-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Good points JediMasterSal :)

JEDIpartner
06-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Anakin killing the little kids isn't really needed but may be done witht the same suspense as the original Wampa scene. GL doesn't need to show it specifically.
I imagine it as a more sanitised version of the Tusken Raider slaughter...

chewbacca71
06-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Tycho,
I love your signature lines! lol

CooLJoE
07-09-2004, 01:47 PM
I think Boba Fett is going to kill Mace Windu.

Due to the fact in Attack of the Clones, Windu killed Jango Fett. And I believe Boba wants his REVENGE on Windu.

agreed.

not sure why anyone would think anakin would kill mace.

El Chuxter
09-17-2009, 02:09 PM

I'm going to quote you on that.

not sure why anyone would think anakin would kill mace.

That would be stupid. Especially if he killed him because he thought Palpatine was so weak that Kit, Saessee, and Agen all accidentally impaled themselves on their lightsabers or something, then only cut off his arm and didn't realize Palpatine was a liar when he shocked the hell out of Mace. Or when he said he couldn't save his wife, he still sided with him. That would be really, really stupid.

Oh, and Tycho, you were wrong. Palpatine didn't beat Yoda. Yoda wussed out for no reason whatsoever in mid-fight.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2009, 06:41 PM
And I'll quote myself as well:

I can't see it happening, unless he destroys the whole temple with the kids in it, which would only happen after he becomes Vader anyway.
Which happened, from a certain point of view. :D
At least they didn't directly show him killing the kids.

That would be stupid. Especially if he killed him because he thought Palpatine was so weak that Kit, Saessee, and Agen all accidentally impaled themselves on their lightsabers or something, then only cut off his arm and didn't realize Palpatine was a liar when he shocked the hell out of Mace. Or when he said he couldn't save his wife, he still sided with him. That would be really, really stupid.
Or, maybe Anakin walked in on Palpatine and Mace in a different room and didn't see the Jedi bodies, and knew that Palpatine was the only way to save Padmé, through their working together, and knew that without Palpatine, "any chance of saving her would be lost", and he needed the chance, no matter how small it was.

El Chuxter
09-18-2009, 07:26 PM
You got me. I was thinking of the novel, where he sees all three bodies, and even comments to himself that Kit Fisto's severed head is still smiling, as if he thought dying was funny.

2-1B
09-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Kit Fisto, original influence of The Grin ??? :grin:

El Chuxter
09-18-2009, 09:46 PM
You have no idea how right you are, Cae.