PDA

View Full Version : Good Box Sets....are they coming?

Sentinel18725
04-03-2004, 09:08 AM
I have been holding out buying DVD's so that I can get box sets for Matrix, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. I have now heard from Amazon that they are going to be doing a "Theatrical" box set of LOTR (no special features, no bajillion DVD's, etc.) Has anyone heard if they are going to be doing box sets for these including all six star wars, or the special editions of LOTR?

Kidhuman
04-03-2004, 09:50 AM
I believe after EPIII's release on DVD there will be a huge Box Set of all the movies. Nothing is set in stone just rumored.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-03-2004, 11:20 AM
I second that rumor. No way will Lucas & Co. let a cash cow like SW die off after the last movie release.

I haven't heard anything about the Matrix but something in the back of my head (no not those voices again) says that there won't be a box set for this trilogy. After the craptacular third episode the whole thing seems to have waned in popularity.

Beast
04-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Actually, they've already confirmed a boxset for Matrix. Which will feature about 10 hours of making of footage for all three movies. As for Star Wars, I'm sure there will be more in the future, after all 6 movies are out. And with LOTR's, other then some bloopers and deleted scenes, I don't see what more they could add. The Extended Editions in conjunction with the Theatrical ones have tons of extras. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
04-03-2004, 05:31 PM
When is the extended edition of Return of the King coming out?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2004, 05:37 PM
The EE of ROTK is due out in November, i think like November 22nd or so. :D

I can't wait for a the box set of the Matrix films!!! I was hoping one would be out on Tuesday with Revolutions, but no such luck! blast!! oh well, still going to buy that box set!! cheers! :)