PDA

View Full Version : Small Dioramas

potj01
12-13-2001, 09:56 AM
Okay, I am going to do some dioramas from each of the 3 original Star Wars movies. One big one from each and one little one. I know what I am gonna do for big ones:

ANH - Either Mos Eisely or Cantina
ESB - Carbon Freeze
ROJ - Jabba's throne room

But I am a little lost as to what I should do for smaller scenes...what are some of the scenes that you guys are doing?

Here are some that I have thought of:

Hanger with Millenium Falcon
Luke surrendering to Vader with the AT-AT at the window
Luke fighting Vader on Dogobah
Bounty Hunters talking to Vader
Han being tortured on CC
Yavin 4 pilots

I am trying to stay away from Endor because of the lack of Ewoks and other figures.

Thanks for the help...and sorry if something like this has been posted before. I am new to this particular forum and I don't have the time to surf thru days and days fo past ones...look at this as a fresh start ...hahahahah

Wolfwood319
12-13-2001, 10:29 AM
Welcome to the forums first off.

As for smaller dioramas, one for each film how's about this...

Hoth Medical Chamber- Luke Bacta, 2-1B, FX-7; I like this one, It makes use of the Luke Bacta Chamber which is more of a large accessory than a figure.

Detention Block Rescue/Escape- Another smaller scene in which there are pre-existing pieces for, or you can make your own.

Rebel Briefing in ROTJ- Take the holo DSII that comes with R2-Q5, grab extra rebel pilots, those prune faces, extra Mon Cals and your set. (I'm currently working on this one.)

These are some ideas. The real expert is ACPin. He is the guru of dioramas. He can probably give you great ideas as well as tips on how to go about it.

potj01
12-13-2001, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the tips! I have thought about doing the FX-7 scene...I have a Han Bespin (potj) and a Hoth Leia that I could stick out side looking in. As far as the Rebel scene, it would be cool, but I don't have the loose figs (or not all of them)...so I will probably stick with the Luke surrendering scene....but you never know..haha

The Detention block is an idea too...got most of those figs...finally got enough Stormtroopers to do whatever I want as far as the Empire goes...but thanks again!!

:D :D :)

ACPin
12-13-2001, 09:54 PM
potj01,
You're on the right track as far as setting your goals for the big dioramas that you're planning to do. Check out SSGs Dioramas Section (http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_feature=20818&dom=ss) to see the possibilities of doing your own dioramas.

I may have already done some of what you're planning to do and if that's the case feel free to use the same ideas/concepts that I've done before.

Wolfwood319,
Thanks for the compliments and when will you post your own dioramas for the rest of us to see?

Darth Rage
12-31-2001, 01:32 AM
I love the dioramas!

ACPin
01-02-2002, 07:26 AM
Thanks Darth Rage and there's more to come...