PDA

View Full Version : Bewitched: The Movie

Beast
04-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Oh, for the love of god. I was looking forward to a motion picture based on one of my favorite old TV shows. But this just sounds freakin' awful. A movie about remaking the Bewitched TV series. And the actress playing Samantha is really a witch. Ugh, that's just an awful premise. :eek: :dead:

Bewitched: The Movie

The film focuses on witch Isabel Bigelow (Nicole Kidman), who decides to move to the Valley. Her father Nigel (Michael Caine), also a witch, doesnt understand his daughters choice: Why does she want to abandon her way of life and become a normal person? At the same time, film actor Jack Wyatt (Will Ferrell) has been dumped and kicked out by his wife, Sheila, while his successful film career has taken a serious drop thanks to a film called "Last Year in Katmandu."

The current definition of a Hollywood has-been, hes looking to revitalize his image and decides to play Darrin in the TV remake of "Bewitched." He has only two conditions: he gets top billing and they have to cast an unknown to play his TV wife, Samantha. The search for a new face gets them nowhere until Jack spots Isabel in a bookstore. Begging her to take the part, she accepts the offer as she becomes smitten with him. What follows is a series of problems and witchcraft gone wild that threaten the show and their burgeoning off-screen romance.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
04-06-2004, 04:25 PM
I will give them props for not simply remaking the show, instead goofing on that very notion by having them remake the show within this movie, but the background on the film's main characters makes me wanna wretch and the casting is unfathomably poor.

2-1B
02-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Also, they brought in Adam McKay (Anchorman) to help "Ferrell-ize" the script.

This one could go either way. As a straight up remake I would have no hope for it but given this plotline, there's a SLIGHT chance it could work out.

Slight. :D

Droid
02-18-2005, 04:43 PM
It is an interesting and unique premise, but yet so odd I don't know if I would ever want to see it. I think this is a mistake because people will have three reactions:

1. Know ahead of time about the "twist' and so decide to see it;
2. Be furious about the twist because they wanted a Bewitched movie and
not see it.
3. Be expecting a Bewitched movie, see this thing and be so thrown that
they hate it and start a nasty word of mouth campaign.

Not necessarily smart on the studio's part.

Just odd.

2-1B
02-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I find the theatrical banner to be rather odd.

The local theater here has a side banner with a sideways broom, on it are Nicole Kidman's legs but her whole body is cut of and you can't see her head and then Will Ferrell is hanging on to the broom from underneath but his back is to the viewer so you can only see the back of his head.

Odd.