PDA

View Full Version : Easy Figures Hasbro could make cheap!!

jedimarvin
04-06-2004, 04:02 PM
It seems like Hasbro is focusing much of thier attention on repacks for at least the start of the OTC line. Which isn't entirely bad since some of them were difficult to get the first time around. The new Han Solo AT-ST disguise got me thinking though. There are quite a few figures that Hasbro could release using old molds with maybe just a new head and paint job that I would be satisfied with.

Here are some ideas...

-AT-ST Pilot - Han Solo with a new head.
-Ewok Warrior - Glider Ewok with a new paint job.
-Bespin Security Guard - African American paint job and new head
-Captain Needa - Ozzel with new head
-Any of the X-Wing pilots using Dutch's body.

What do you guys think of this approach since it seems Hasbro has been doing more and mor eof it lately?

I obviously rather have new sculpts but if a body was nailed down pretty well the first time, why not use it again and help get more secondary characters out there?

Of course a customizer could handle this task fairly easy. I am not a customizer though therefore I'll hope for the best...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes, sometimes these are good ideas. However, just to point out, Han seems to be a mostly new sculpt and not a kitbashed version from other sources. I don;t have it yet though so I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, here are some more:
*Lando Calrissian (Smuggler's Gear) (Lando head, Han body)
*Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate) (basically the same as any other Luke but with cloth lower robes and new arm device)
*Leia Organa (Medical Frigate) (new Leia head, old ANH body)
*Holographic Darth Maul (Trophy Asst. sculpt, molded in clear blue)
*Agen Kolar (Eeth Koth parts, new paint, other Jedi's robes)
*Deck Officer (Hoth Evacuation) (Hoth Luke body, new head - like one in Hoth accessory set)
*R2-D2 (Sail Barge sculpt, diferent variations on paint, accessories)

They should be making these figures for the TRU 4-packs, but no, they want to lose money by making straight re-issues no one will buy.

El Chuxter
04-06-2004, 05:41 PM
The AT-ST Pilot was actually made not that long ago in one of the TRU 4-packs. It was a new head on a repainted Imperial Officer body. The upcoming Han is simply the AT-ST Pilot with a Han head. . . which means he's a repainted Imperial Officer with a Han head. :D

I'd prefer not to have the Glider Pilot Ewok repainted, as he's just Wicket with an inferior paint job.

Here's a few ideas I gave Hasbro under a thread I started a while back in "Dear Hasbro" (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=22146):

Soruq Buul: Pop the old Weequay head on the Nikto Jedi's body.

Saessee Tiin, Eeth Koth, or Plo Koon: use the existing bodies from the waist up, and give them the legs from the Mace Windu that comes with the Council set. And soft goods!

Hi-Yaah Girl: Put Hoth Leia's head on Adi Gallias' body. That head looks more like Hi-Yaah Girl than Carrie Fisher by a long shot.

The dude who throws Ani and Obi their sabers: Any bearded head (Kyle Katarn comes to mind, but there are other possibilities) on any human male Jedi's body.

Bultar Swann: Mara's head with black hair on Adi's body. It's not a good likeness at all, but it'd be 100% more accurate than any figure you've made of Dr Cornelius "Roofoo" Evazan.

Zabrak Jedi from Geonosis: This one's easy. Just paint Eeth Koth differently! And give him new legs and fandom is sure to be happy.

The possibilities are endless! Use your imagination. Hey, that head sculpt you made for Scarlett (sorry, Agent Scarlett) from the GIJoe vs Cobra line looks more like a Padawan than a Joe ninja. Again, the possibilities are endless!

Of course, I think they should come up with five or six different head and lower arm sculpts and keep making slight variations on every troop builder character. Sorta like the Endor Trooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, and Imperial Officer. Pop the Jorg Sacul head on any of those, give him a different beard color, and voila! New figure!

Kidhuman
04-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Those all sound great.

They could take General veers head from POTF2 and gove him a new body.
Spirit of Anakin- POTF2 mold holo mold.

RooJay
04-06-2004, 10:33 PM
They'd have the perfect venue for this sort of thing if they were still making the troop builder 3-packs...which it seems like they are not. I gather all of those crappy Destroyer Droid Launcher packs they overshipped with every assortment and which are now clogging the pegs everywhere kind of puts the kibosh on that idea, though. :rolleyes:

gambitguru
04-07-2004, 02:30 PM
they should bring back the sandtrooper troop builder pack

vadersvette
04-08-2004, 11:57 PM
We can always use more astromechs! :D They could just take existing R2, R3, and R4 molds, and make several different droids. And also, they could sculp just an R5 head and put it on any other astro's body. The figures could come 2 per card (like Ashla/Jempa, Yoda/Chian, etc.) Maybe for R5-D4, a special head could be fitted with the exploding motivator! (could be like the pariscope on the POTF2 R2-D2 W/ Features) :D