PDA

View Full Version : Are You Planning to Attend Star Wars Celebration 3?

JediTricks
04-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Celebration 3 is still a year away, but has already been extended to 4 days long as the largest Star Wars convention returns to Indianapolis April 21st through 25th, 2005. This gathering should prove to be quite impressive and exciting as it is being held only 3 weeks before the release of what might possibly be the last Star Wars movie ever. Already some forumites are making their plans for the SW Celebration in this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=22814), and SirSteve himself is trying to put together an SSG Forums Party during the convention.

So the question is, who here is planning to attend? How many folks are looking a year forward to this? Cast your vote now!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-06-2004, 06:34 PM
I don't know where i'll be school wise (graduated or not) but God willing, i'll be able to attend the whole fiasco as i've been wanting to for quite some time!

Hopefully i can attend and with a large group of SSG forumites, get some autographs, meet some folks, get some toys and then hit the bars hardcore!! :D

Kidhuman
04-06-2004, 06:36 PM
With a vengance. And word has it that Kidhuman will be the exclusive figure next year.

Sith Vicious
04-06-2004, 06:54 PM
No way. Celebration II was the biggest CF I've ever had the displeasure to be a part of. :mad:

dr_evazan22
04-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Hopefully the lines for the KH fig will be shorted then the ones for Jorj :crazed: .

Too bad there wasn't an option for 'Hell Yeah!', 'cause Hell Yes! I am going!

Dar' Argol
04-06-2004, 09:01 PM
That's a big blue bold HELL YEAH!

A buddy of mine wants to go . . . ok, I'm dragging him along, but he is a SW fan at heart . . . he just doesn't know it :D. Might this be the one and only time we get to see the elusive Jar Jar Binks!?!?!

I'm bringing my DigiCamera with the 300pic memory card :D!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-06-2004, 10:43 PM
I plan on attending, but since it is a not a definite, I would classify myself as 'not sure.' There would be no greater thrill for me then going to one of these Star Wars jaunts, especially one as big as Celebration III. However careerwise, I have no idea where I will be at this time next year, whether full-time employed, part-time or even back to school. If it is anyone of the latter two, I would be disappointed, but I'd go in a heartbeat. I will definitely know by the end of the summer and hope to join some fellow forumites in meeting there.

QLD
04-06-2004, 11:07 PM
I plan on trying to go. My friend 12" Lando went last year, and had a blast. This time I plan on joining him.

I know some of us were thinking of meeting up one night. Is that still on?

Kidhuman
04-06-2004, 11:13 PM
I would love tomeet up with you guys. Get to know the facesbehind the names. Mabs, JJ, JT, Steve, Chux, Tycho, Guyute, LM, JBF, Rogue II, Caesar, Dar, LIMP, JJB, LBC, "Xir, and tons more. Idont care if we meet on the steps and drink till Carrie Fisher signs autographs, it will be a blast.

LusiferSam
04-06-2004, 11:18 PM
No way. I've got better things to be doing. I don't know what those things are, but they are better. Indianapolis is too far and too lame a city for me to be going to. And even if I could go, one day would be enough for me. Four days is overkill for me.

rogue_12
04-07-2004, 01:16 AM
I hope to meet some of the fellow forumites and rekindle my relationship with amy allen and shannon mcrandle.....uh wait a minute that was a dream!haha
anyways thats my home town so hell yeah i will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nomad
04-07-2004, 03:12 AM
I will be at celebration IV...
if there is one.

I'm not going, as it seems like it is now time for me to go into hiding.

I can't imagine it could be anything close to spoiler free, lol.
In fact... I may not be coming back here at all, until a year from May :)

May the force be with you all

And after this is all over, I can't wait to hit these types of conventions.

Untill then... I'll be hiding out in the Dune Sea, with my hands over my ears and my hood over my eyes.

OC47150
04-07-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm making hotel reservations real soon!

Darth Alex
04-07-2004, 09:24 AM
I'd love to go, but it will not be possible:bored: with my work schedule and vacation plans already in the works. The only convention experience I've had is at the Halloween Chiller in NJ and I had a good time at that. Who knows...if I come into some money:greedy: , I'll go for the whole 4 days.

skeeziks22
04-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I convinced my folks to hit Celebration II for me just for the exclusive figure. They loved/hated (they thought it was a great SW event, but not being SW fans felt like it was more a job than anything... then they stood in line for the figures and my mother got the last two for the day... my father got none) it so much that they said the next time they would pay for me to come down and go to it myself. If that holds true, i will surely go. If not, I may have to make up an excuse to be in the area during that time. Of course, travel from Alaska is not cheap so i'll have to come up with a really good reason.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-07-2004, 01:16 PM
No way. I'll be chained to my lab bench at school getting ready to graduate!

thomasandrea-call
04-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah I wish!

spm1022
04-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Definitely! Celeb. II was a blast and I look forward to III. See ya all there!

mastermatt24
04-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Would love too but cant. Heck , I live only an hour and a half away from San Diego and I still havent gone to Comic Con :cry: .... But I will hopefully be going to this year. :classic:

dxdave
04-08-2004, 12:27 PM
You're damn skippy I'm going. Although, I agree with some of the other replies....last year was a huge clusterf#$%. There was so many things I wanted to do and so many shows/events overlapped. The place was unorganized with their standing lines as well.

I look forward to having fun, though. Only this time, the wife is going who doesn't understand the passion of Star Wars. I'll be going with another buddy and his wife...hoping to ditch the wives---let them go shopping in a different galaxy! :)

OC47150
04-08-2004, 01:14 PM
C1 in Denver was a cluster fudge (but he didn't say fudge; he said the granddaddy of all words [that's for A Christmas Story fans]). Although C2 had its problems, it was a great improvement over C1.

With the entire convention center being utilized, C3 should be better.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2004, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't miss it for the world. C1 was great, but C2 was even better. There was so much stuff to do, three days seemed to just zoom by. I spent a whole lot of money on Star Wars stuff, those sellers seemed to have everything. I wonder if the figures and stuff will come out before or after the Celebration? Either way they'll be there. And so will I!

dr_evazan22
04-08-2004, 06:09 PM
If they do like they did last time, I would imagine the fig and stuff would come out Tues of that week (that the show starts). I say Tues because that's the day new releases come out, like CD's and books and such; that way it all comes out on the same day.

Go to Midnight Madness Mon night / Tues, play with the stuff for a day, then travel on Wed or Thurs.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2004, 06:38 PM
It's either this or San Diego ComiCon for me and I choose San Diego because one, I'm just up the freeway a tad and two, it's more diverse in the "activities" it offers...to me anyway. Plus, SWC3 is just too far awaayyyyyyyyy

lol

SirSteve
04-08-2004, 07:26 PM
I still want to have a SSG "Forumites" Party.... I need someone local to scout out the place though... that or we can have a mob flash at the Hasbro booth. ;)

Kidhuman
04-08-2004, 07:27 PM
I say bum rush the booth and loot it. Just leave a card with :beard: on it

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I still want to have a SSG "Forumites" Party.... I need someone local to scout out the place though... that or we can have a mob flash at the Hasbro booth. ;)

for SWC 3 or SDCC? or both hehe ;)

SirSteve
04-09-2004, 12:10 AM
For SWC3... Not many people can attend Comic Con.

mastermatt24
04-09-2004, 07:44 PM
For SWC3... Not many people can attend Comic Con.
The problem is kinda vice-versa here for some people on the west coast.

Kidhuman
04-09-2004, 09:54 PM
But SWC3 is over a year away. Ilike the advance notice, soit gives us all time toprepare for it and make the necessary arrangements. SS, you can count me in on the party. I could dosome research onluine about the area and try to find something. :beard:

scruffziller
04-10-2004, 10:19 AM
I plan on trying to go. My friend 12" Lando went last year, and had a blast. This time I plan on joining him.
Yea, I knew you guys had something to do with each other!!!!:D

Yea and the only way we could know each other is if we had nametags with our forumnames and a pic of the most recognized avatar on it.:D

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Ilook like :beard: shaved head and a goatee

CooLJoE
04-10-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm planning to go along with my best friend.

Finally I'll get to meet the faces behind those in SWGalaxies and here, SSG.

We should all plan on a hotel that we can all book rooms at. Makes it easier to hang out and such.

Now to buy a stormtrooper costume....

anyone else planning on dressing up in some form (full costume, partial, nothing)?

My friend is probably just going as a regular jedi. I'm going as my personal pic shows (jedi stormie)

dxdave
04-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey all,

Has anyone heard what exclusive figure is to be sold at Celebration 3...?

Any rumors?

Also, someone mentioned earlier that all of the Convention Center in Indy is to be used for this event. I thought the entire center was used last time, but I guess maybe I don't recall exactly....It was great fun, but was too crowded as I'm sure this one will be.

As far as wearing a costume, I'd like to if I can get an outfit together in time, but wouldn't it be wonderul if Lucas or Master Replica's could piece together costumes for sale or sell entire outfits????

rust
04-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Yes I'm going! But I will KILL if we have ISATs during then, because its during a school week *Thinks back to when I petitioned to have the day SW Ep. 2 came out off*. This will be fun!I hope I can attend a forumite party too. I'll finally get to meet the people I've been talking/fighting/reading with/about!

evenflow
05-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Cash flow is so tight. :(