PDA

View Full Version : Avatar of the year

Kidhuman
04-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Ok, even though the year isnt even half over, El Chuxter just won avatarof the year. Awesome my friend. You took :beard: to a new level.

mabudonicus
04-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Seconded, Duly...
This contest is over, give that man the 5000 dollars
Deadly, Chux, that truly is something.. something truly :beard:

I'm almost at a loss for words.... ;)

ALMOST.....

What a masterstroke of the :beard:

bobafett07728
04-07-2004, 11:25 AM
kidhuman. . . your avatar isn't bad yourself. When I saw Damon take the field Sunday night I almost cried from laughter!! Is it me, or are the Red Sox going for the 70's retro look. Between Damon, Pedro's little fro, and we all know what happens when Manny takes out his braids. . . they look like a team from 1977! They are hillarious!

El Chuxter
04-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Thank you, thank you. I had a speech prepared, but I left it in my pants when I did the laundry.

I'd like to say first and foremost that the competition was excellent this year, and anyone could've earned this prize. But they didn't, so :p.

There are a lot of people I'd like to thank. First, my former avatars. Jubilee spent hours each day trimming :beard:'s afro, and Kit Fisto must have gone through a thousand rolls of film to capture this particular image of :beard: at his most daring.

I'd like to thank my lovely wife, Cardboard Cutout of Pink, who has stood by me while the real Pink does nothing but slap me with restraining orders.

Also, Sabe, thank you. Not that you've done anything, but hopefully my thanking you will convince you to go out with me. (Just don't tell Cardboard Cutout of Pink.)

Finally, this award would not have been possible without the groundbreaking work of Garry Shandling, who proved that no idea, no matter how incredibly stupid, should not be shared with children around the world.

Thank you! I love you all! (Just not in that way!)

:beard:

mabudonicus
04-07-2004, 06:54 PM
what a beautiful speech *sniffle*

WHAT?!?! noooo, no, I'm fine....
Just got something in my :beard:, is all
:D

JediTricks
04-07-2004, 07:02 PM
What a load! My avatar should be Avatar of the Year because I've had it for a year.

Ok fine, 11 months! :D

Kidhuman
04-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Sorry JT,you were in the running with beardedProf.but 'fro :beard: wins "cluippers" down

Slicker
03-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Hmmm...that's quite the avatar. I may just use that...

El Chuxter
03-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Wow. This is a blast from the past.

So, that means now you've had Farnsworth for about three years and ten months, eh, JT, minus a couple of short hiatuses?

2-1B
03-01-2007, 07:02 AM
put a 'fro on Farnsy and spice it up a bit.

mabudonicus
03-01-2007, 08:35 AM
I happened upon a Chux post elsewheres and the magic came rushing back- that damn 'tar is funny like a "BOINNNG" sound effect, doesn't even need context, you just laugh every time you hear it :mabs: :beard: Isobaws&

JediTricks
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
So, that means now you've had Farnsworth for about three years and ten months, eh, JT, minus a couple of short hiatuses?May 29th, '03 was the first one, I didn't do the holo one until Jan 10th, '04.

I don't even remember doing a bearded Farnsworth, I can't find the file right now.

Changing the 'tar now would be like work, I haven't even bothered to upsize it for the new forums 'tar size, so adding a 'fro would be even worse since I'd have to redo the holo effects (and to be honest, I forgot how I did them :p). I actually did a test enlarging and it scales up nicely from 70x70 to 100x100 but I'd still have to turn it into an animated gif again.

C5Jedi
03-02-2007, 07:50 PM
put a 'fro on Farnsy and spice it up a bit.

I'd like to see that.

lol