PDA

View Full Version : May 19th 2005

Exhaust Port
04-08-2004, 12:30 AM
May 19th 2005 is the release date for Episode III. It's hard to believe that we are only a year away from the next/last movie.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20040405.html

chewbacca71
04-14-2004, 08:23 PM
so... when do the lines start? lol

Kidhuman
04-14-2004, 10:09 PM
AS soon as the party.........oh wait. :D

They will probably start on the first of the year again.

arctangent
04-15-2004, 10:36 AM
when can we start slagging it off? oh, wait... :dis:

jjreason
04-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Sometimes it feels right around the corner, today though it feels like forever and a day.

Pendo
04-15-2004, 01:18 PM
I have a plan to get my ticket fo the London Premier this year :). Have friends who know friends who know friends in high places ;)

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2004, 05:27 PM
I like i thow they're doing it on the 6th anniversary of TPM, sort of like ANH and ROTJ. I can't wait, even though it'll be quite a while.

Silent Chazz
04-15-2004, 09:05 PM
OK now that we have a release date, I hope a movie Title is around the corner?

Pendo
04-16-2004, 04:07 AM
OK now that we have a release date, I hope a movie Title is around the corner?
"Star Wars: Episode III Around the Corner??? Nah I can't see it working IMHO. Where did you get that from?

:crazed:

PENDO!

arctangent
04-16-2004, 05:36 AM
"Star Wars: Episode III Around the Corner??? Nah I can't see it working IMHO. Where did you get that from?

:crazed:

PENDO!

LOL lol . perhaps we should add 'death, destruction, disaster and dsiappointment are' in front of it. that might work :ermm:

i wish i had friends in high places. my sister in law works for turner braodcasting which is part of warner brothers, so she's not going to be much help :dis: :cry:

Exhaust Port
04-16-2004, 10:50 AM
I might actually have to take a day off work so I can make sure that I'm there front and center during the first showing of the last star wars movie. That will be followed by 3 years of SW toys from the movie then the beginning of the end will start.

Kidhuman
04-16-2004, 09:39 PM
I am gonna hit the midnight showing of this one.

Hellboy
04-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Well I used some vacation time for the last 2 episodes so I'll be continuing the trend and plan on seeing multiple showings.

I wonder what films, if any, will be up against it that weekend. I'm sure nothing major will open but some smaller films actually have benefited in the past because of the SW overflow.

Exhaust Port
04-19-2004, 07:12 PM
It will also be interesting to see what awful film that decide to show the first trailer with. Remember Meet Jack Black (or something like that)? Everyone went just for the previews then walked out of the theater. If I remember correctly it placed #1 in the box office only because of the SW trailer.

Hellboy
04-19-2004, 07:22 PM
My guess is we'll see the first trailer in early November before the animated movie "The Invincibles".

Exhaust Port
04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Has November been the ususal month for SW trailer releases?

Hellboy
04-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Yeah EP, the teaser came out in November for EPII and played before Monsters Inc. I think it was Nov. for EPI too but I can't seem to remember the film it played before. Then the full blown trailer in February.

Exhaust Port
04-19-2004, 10:57 PM
I did a little digging and found that the movie that ran the Ep. 1 trailer was Meet Joe Black (not Jack as I listed before)..

JediTricks
04-19-2004, 11:57 PM
The Ep 1 trailers also premiered in front of "The Waterboy", which is where I saw it (and then was surprised when the film turned out to be sorta funny). The 2nd trailer was released in front of the pukey "Wing Commander" in March of '99, as well as on SW.com and Apple's Quicktime site and a few other movies that opened the same day as WC (bathroom reference DEFINITELY intended).

joesdomain
04-28-2004, 12:58 AM
I plan on standing in line for several hours to get a good seat for the 12:01am showing on May 19, 2005. I did the exact thing for episode I and II. I believe I stood in line for about 5 hours for episode I and 4 hours for episode II, but for episode II I bought advanced tickets for me and my brother several days before showing. I know my local theater ends up selling out of tickets for the 12:01am showing of the prequel films. I intend to buy advanced tickets for episode III as well. Just hope I can get off work to see it that late.

joesdomain
05-06-2004, 01:26 AM
I thought they released three teaser trailers for Star Wars Episode II. Then the Official Trailer in March of 2002. I bet they will do the same and probably have two or three teaser trailers. I bet the first teaser will be November, 2004, the second teaser trailer in December, 2004, and the third teaser trailer in January, 2005 followed by the official trailer in march 2005.

scruffziller
05-21-2004, 12:14 PM
I thought they released three teaser trailers for Star Wars Episode II. Then the Official Trailer in March of 2002. I bet they will do the same and probably have two or three teaser trailers. I bet the first teaser will be November, 2004, the second teaser trailer in December, 2004, and the third teaser trailer in January, 2005 followed by the official trailer in march 2005.
Yea and the entire movie will be in those trailers.:frus:

stillakid
05-21-2004, 06:20 PM
I plan on standing in line for several hours to get a good seat for the 12:01am showing on May 19, 2005. I did the exact thing for episode I and II. I believe I stood in line for about 5 hours for episode I and 4 hours for episode II, but for episode II I bought advanced tickets for me and my brother several days before showing. I know my local theater ends up selling out of tickets for the 12:01am showing of the prequel films. I intend to buy advanced tickets for episode III as well. Just hope I can get off work to see it that late.

I believe that there is a line forming this Saturday at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Sometime around noon I think.

Yes, for Episode III.

bigbarada
05-26-2004, 02:45 PM
It's usually about this time that the major story spoilers start leaking out. At least that's what happened for Ep1 & 2.

If the teaser trailer comes out with The Incredible then I'll go watch it. I just hope it's a little more beefy than Ep2's first teaser trailer.

I have no plans to stand in line, like the openings for the other two SW films, I'll walk up to the theater at about 6 PM on May 18th and buy my tickets for the midnight showing. There wasn't much of a line for Ep1 and there was no line at all for Ep2 so I don't expect the tickets to be selling too quickly in my little town.