PDA

View Full Version : "Vintage" Stormtrooper & Yoda...

JEDIpartner
04-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Very nicely done. I have really great hopes for this line. :)

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&opt=enlarge&id=30138

mm74md
04-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Sweet...I can't wait to see the pics of the Boba Fett from this line

jedimarvin
04-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Looking pretty good. If the regular OTC line stays with reissues, then I hope they do more figures in the vinatge style.

Can't wait!!

When are these suppsoed to be released???

B_C
04-08-2004, 10:44 AM
The stormtrooper looks pretty fantastic. Gonna be buying a few of these.

There is a list of figure release dates in the toy fair questions and answers at hasbro (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1010/dn/default.cfm)

angellus
04-08-2004, 03:07 PM
I like the Stormtrooper but the helmet looks a little too round to me. Does anyone else think so? Maybe it's just me, but Hasbro doesn't ever seem to be able to capture the proportions of the stormtrooper helmet the correct way. Still, it looks good, and I'll buy a ton of them because Stormtroopers are just plain cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2004, 04:14 PM
These are very nice. However, is it just me, or is there something wrong with the stormtrooper's mask? Its eyes are too big, or something . . . I can't quite place my finger on it . . .

chrisc
04-08-2004, 04:20 PM
The stormtrooper does look kind of bugeyed

Kidhuman
04-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Nice pics. Want these figs badly

Darth Trymybestus
04-08-2004, 08:17 PM
I don't think it looks as good as the Commtech Stormtrooper to be honest.

The Yoda looks damn cool though. :)

B'Omarr Monkey
04-08-2004, 10:42 PM
The stormtrooper looks like he's smiling. His body looks to be really well done with plenty of articulation. Yoda looks like one of my friends' dad. I think the likeness of the first Yoda was better.

vadersvette
04-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Is this issue going to have pics of Fett in it??? I hope so! When should I start expecting book stores to get the magazine? :sur: :sur:

Jayspawn
04-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Yoda and the Stormtrooper look great. The Stormtrooper's helmet is a little round that the eyes large too -but its forgivable I suppose. I'll definatly be buying several of those!

The COMMTECK Stormtrooper had a wonderfully sculpted helmet. Dead on.

jjreason
04-09-2004, 09:02 AM
They're beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see this entire line together on my shelf. Bring on the pics of Boba Fett.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Is this issue going to have pics of Fett in it??? I hope so! When should I start expecting book stores to get the magazine? :sur: :sur:

I'm guessing next Tuesday, which is when most stores get their magazines. I was in Border's today, and they still had the previous issue.

Jedi Commando
04-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Real cool stuff. Kinda wish they would of re-released all the original vintage figures on cards like this, and added figs like the blue snaggletooth and those that were never on card backs

B'Omarr Monkey
04-10-2004, 09:17 PM
I agree with you, J.C.. Though when I heard mention of the vintage line, I thought they were going to make new figures in the vintage style, such as PT characters, and some OT ones that weren't made in the vintage line. I think I would have preferred that to this ultimate sculpts line. They way they're making these ultimate SA figures of the OT primary characters makes me feel like this is Hasbro saying goodbye to the OT once and for all and trying to go out with a bang. I hope it's not true. There are a lot of background characters I'm still hoping for.

JEDIpartner
04-10-2004, 09:37 PM
I am treating this line as a "specialty" line and I have no intention of mixing these with the other figures, per se. I am not planning on buying multiples of any of these because of that reason. *shrugs* I think these look really good, considering...

sith_killer_99
04-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Still, it looks good, and I'll buy a ton of them because Stormtroopers are just plain cool.

Hmmm, with an MSRP of 9.99 I won't be army building with these guys any time soon.

However, given Hasbro's current trend of re-re-re-releasing figures, maybe we will get this Super Articulated Stormtrooper in the regular OTC line for half the price. :Pirate:

B'Omarr Monkey
04-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Is anybody else getting the premonition I'm having that the vintage wave is going to be absent from the pegs (and selling for big $$$ on ebay) while the recarded OTC figures are going to be clogging the pegs everywhere?

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 10:18 PM
I am with you on that one. I am gonna have to hunt everyday for them or order online.

Darth Trymybestus
04-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Is anybody else getting the premonition I'm having that the vintage wave is going to be absent from the pegs (and selling for big $$$ on ebay) while the recarded OTC figures are going to be clogging the pegs everywhere?

Agreed totally! I heard that there would only be 2 (two!!! :() shipments of the Vintage figures then that'll be it.

I'll be shopping online for these. I only want the Dagobah Yoda and the Darth Vader.

I do fear that the scalpers will get to the Darth Vader first. :mad: :frus: :cry: :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
04-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Agreed totally! I heard that there would only be 2 (two!!! ) shipments of the Vintage figures then that'll be it.

Actually, what I've heard was that Hasbro is only doing one run of these. Who gets what is anyones guess, ie. some store may get 3-4 "shipments" and some stores may not get any. Hasbro dosen't ship to individual stores.

Darth Trymybestus
04-11-2004, 08:19 PM
Actually, what I've heard was that Hasbro is only doing one run of these. Who gets what is anyones guess, ie. some store may get 3-4 "shipments" and some stores may not get any. Hasbro dosen't ship to individual stores.

Well that just sucks!!

Didn't Hasbro state a while back that "everyone that wants a figure will be able to find a figure". Or was that just marketing spin? :rolleyes:

vadersvette
04-11-2004, 08:28 PM
I also agree. Locally, we've barely got any 03 and 04 stuff, so I'm probably going to end up buying online. :cry:

Kidhuman
04-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Well that just sucks!!

Didn't Hasbro state a while back that "everyone that wants a figure will be able to find a figure". Or was that just marketing spin? :rolleyes:

They say that about everything....how many people have no Ephant Mon in their collection. These should of been offered through the fan club or some other way

Edit: sorry didnt see the post above mine when I responded.

Darth Trymybestus
04-11-2004, 08:41 PM
I also agree. Locally, we've barely got any 03 and 04 stuff, so I'm probably going to end up buying online. :cry:

Which sucks because you can't really pick out the figures with the best paintjobs. Just blind luck I guess.

TheDarthVader
04-12-2004, 02:39 PM
I think these figures look great! I am not going to buy all 12 though. Sometimes a collection has too many Han Solo or Luke Skywalker figures. The two I will have my "eye" on are the Darth Vader and Yoda (as mentioned). These are the only two I really want. Eh...who knows...if I see these in person I might try to collect all 12. ;)

B.

DarkArtist
04-12-2004, 06:13 PM
I thought that the vintage stormtrooper was just the rerelease of the comm tech one. Awesome if it is a new sculpt.

Kidhuman
04-12-2004, 06:25 PM
The two I will have my "eye" on are the Darth Vader and Yoda (as mentioned). These are the only two I really want. Eh...who knows...if I see these in person I might try to collect all 12. ;)

B.

I want the Fett and Biker Scout. Vader as well. These alllook great, but I will mostly buy what I can find.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-12-2004, 09:51 PM
I thought that the vintage stormtrooper was just the rerelease of the comm tech one. Awesome if it is a new sculpt.

You're thinking of the regular OTC line. The Stormtrooper on the Vintage card is an all new sculpt and looks like it is probably super articulated. There's a picture of it attached to one of the first posts on this thread.

AmanaMatt
04-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Ok, I saw the pic of the new Stormtrooper in the Toy mag yesterday and based on the quality of that pic, I have to say this is awsome. First off with the eye lenses on the helmet, I got the impression the one was painted with just a bit too much black - especially on the right one, so I think the final one will look normal. There is clearly the kind of articulation in the arms that will allow this to hold a gun in a two hand pose - it looks like the wrists are articulated so this should be no problem. The S.A. Clone trooper does seem like the guide with this one, so hopefully the helmet is desgined the same way as that - the feet sure were - it would be real sweet if the holster worked as well, but I am not getting my hopes up for that. As far as I am concerned with these 12, double the price should equal double the articulation and quality, so we'll see. This Stormtrooper fig, the Vader and the C-3P0 look awsome, the Leia seems good and the others look Ok. Overall, this wave of 12 Vintage is pretty cool -

Darth Trymybestus
04-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Newer Hi-Res pic on Galactic Hunter: http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/2659-tomarts121B.jpg

The Yoda looks awesome but even on that pic his soft goods cloak is frayed. Yeah, Yoda's were in the movie but that's why I hate soft goods so much.

The Stormtrooper looks good but isn't any better than the commtech version.

I notice that on the cover, there's a small picture of the upcoming commtech Darth Vader. The headsculpt looks great, just as good as the Bespin Duel Vader. But look at the chain around his neck that holds the cape on. It looks crap and it'll surely break off. It looks so flimsy. If this figure had a plastic cloak, it'd be the best Vader ever.

Kidhuman
04-17-2004, 07:33 PM
I happen to think the chain looks good. It wont break on this MOC collector. :beard:

vadersvette
04-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Does anyboy know if Boba Fett, Chewbacca, and R2-D2 are in this issue? :sur:

JEDIpartner
04-18-2004, 09:05 AM
I would LOVE to see the pics of the other figures in this line. I really wish they wouldn't keep us waiting so long!!!

B'Omarr Monkey
04-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Does anyboy know if Boba Fett, Chewbacca, and R2-D2 are in this issue? :sur:

No. They are not.

JEDIpartner
04-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Okay... but Threepio and Lando are. Now spill, dammit!!!!