PDA

View Full Version : Distribution Problems??

zlurp
04-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Has anyone else had problems finding the Jabba's Palace and Yavin waves? I have searched five cities around the Cleveland area consistantly for the last four weeks to find the same old figures hanging on the pegs (Hoth wave). I found the Jabba's palace wave once, and the Yavin wave in another part of Ohio. I have to believe that since all of Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, K Mart, and KB stores don't have these figures, this has to be a Hasbro distribution problem. Am I the only one experiencing this? :cry:

mrpauldeeds
04-08-2004, 09:40 PM
i am....but see, i cant find any thing in the SF Oakland area!!! literally there is nothing on the shelves, but maybe one or two hoth figs. i did find the yavin wave at KB though, but not one fig from jabbas palace. so im frusterated as well!!!:frus:

Jay86
04-08-2004, 09:47 PM
You definitely arent the only one. The only part of the Jabba's Palace wave I've found is the Ultra Jabba and his Denizens sets at my local TRU a week or so ago. Other than that, the TRU I found those figures at only had one Han (Hoth), a Secret Ceremony Anakin, and a Snowtrooper.....I called them (TRU) a few days ago to ask about any recent shipments from Hasbro and they put me on the phone with the Toy Dept. guy and he sounded pretty disgusted when I asked him about Hasbro and how well they ship. I also asked him when he expected anything new in and he said "not for a while", and I also asked him when they last got anything new in and he said "about three weeks ago", which means the Ultra figures were just put out a week or so ago, around the same time I picked up my Jabba/his Denizens sets. As for Wal*Mart, they had 5 figures total, three Ack-Meds and two Kren Blista's......K-Mart usually is "ok" with keeping something relatively new in stock, although as of the past few weeks I havent checked there. As for Kaybee's......$6 a figure, might as well buy them online or something......thats pretty much it though, I was amazed when I read someone on the forums here say something about their local stores having "remnants" of the Jabba's palace wave, as if it had been around for a while, well send some of those remnants my way, by the looks of things just when the OTC figures are coming out I'll be finding the Jabba's palace wave and the Yavin wave.....

B'Omarr Monkey
04-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Here's a good one for you.

I'm currently getting ready to move, which means I'm in and out of stores asking for empty boxes constantly. Yesterday I was at TRU. On the pegs were about a dozen silver clones, Rieeken, Jabba and his Palace denizens and the same Zuttons and Lott Dodds that have been sitting there for ages.

Today I went to TRU and the pegs were restocked and completely full. Not only were all of the above mentioned figures there, but pristine mint carded AOTC preview figures; Clone Trooper, Zam Wessel, the R3 unit, and Jango Fett!

Lucky me!! :rolleyes:

How fast do you think it will be before those are all bought up and restocking can again take place? It seems I'm moving at just the right time.

To top that off my Wal-Mart has just reduced its SW section to one verticle strip of four pegs. Three of which were full of Captain Antilles and General Dodonna.

Kidhuman
04-08-2004, 10:23 PM
I was having some issues, but am all caught up over the last few weeks. AllI need is the Star Destroyer wave and I am golden. Alot of stores might not be ordering the Saga stuff with the OTC and VOTC line coming up.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Alot of stores might not be ordering the Saga stuff with the OTC and VOTC line coming up.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

jedimarvin
04-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I found the Yavin wave and Jabba's Palace wave at a local Walmart a little over a month ago, bought them and haven't seen any since. I never managed to run a cross a Luke Jedi and R1-G4.

darthzirock
04-09-2004, 01:12 AM
After finding the Hoth wave in late December, I've only found two basic figures since then: Sail Barge Lando and the TIE Fighter Pilot. I've seen all the Ultras and Unleashed, and even the last wave of 12" figures.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this is Hasbro's fault. I believe that they radically cut back on production after having to take back tons of unsold figures in 2003. I have spoken to toy dept. managers at various stores, including one where I was told they literally had 48 cases on "back-order" at Hasbro! Since Hasbro never gives out production numbers, I have no way of verifying it. However, considering how many e-tailers are having trouble keeping the newer waves in stock, I think this is a very informed guess. The only "distribution problem" going on is that Hasbro has cut back production and has fewer figures to distribute, period.

kool-aid killer
04-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Today I went to TRU and the pegs were restocked and completely full. Not only were all of the above mentioned figures there, but pristine mint carded AOTC preview figures; Clone Trooper, Zam Wessel, the R3 unit, and Jango Fett!

Ohhh, you should of picked up some of them Clones. I know i would have. But my stores seem dead too, with the exception of Jabbas and his Denizens, ive seen them a few times. I went to a Shopko and seen a lone Lando, but at $7 i think i will pass on a figure i already have. All Omaha seems to have are Acks, Dignitaries, and Hoth Soldiers. Now i wouldnt mind the Hoth soldier, but nobody wants to build an army full of Hobbit sized soldiers.

sith_killer_99
04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
AllI need is the Star Destroyer wave and I am golden.

What about the Han AT-ST Driver wave?

abell748
04-09-2004, 11:36 AM
For most of the year, all I had seen to pick up was the Hoth wave, the Luke and R2 from the Tatooine wave and the Luke and Lando from the Jabba's Palace wave, until yesterday. I now love Target!!! They finally had the Star Destroyer wave and the Yavin wave. But, I still lack or have seen any more Jabba's Palace cases which sucks because that is where I lack the most figures. I refuse to pay the ebay price for them....yet. I hope these cases are not under-ordered because of the OTC coming soon. It is always hard to find those last assortments before a big style change (last POTJ waves, last EP 1 waves anyone?).

clonehead
04-09-2004, 02:48 PM
southern california has had a good flow of all figures. haven't seen all of them, but a good chunk of them.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Yeah, it seems to be a problem everywhere. For some reason in the county I live in the two Targets and WM haven't been getting in anything except for a few toon wars at the Target. Just Wed., though they've gotten in the HOF stuff. I've seen more new stuff (Jabba's wave and Yavin wave) at KMart, which totally blows my mind cause in this area they are the black holes of collecting.

Kidhuman
04-09-2004, 09:05 PM
What about the Han AT-ST Driver wave?

Have they hit retail yet? I didnt think they had. Isaw them on Ebay, but who knows.......

Also, can a mod merge this thread with this one, all about the same topic......http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23309&highlight=distribution+problem

B'Omarr Monkey
04-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Ohhh, you should of picked up some of them Clones. I know i would have.

I considered it, but I'm in the process of moving and they'd be just more stuff to load into a box. Also, as the move is not an inexpensive endeavor, I'm watching my pennies right now, and am trying to spend them only on stuff I don't already have, such as Tanus Speejak, J'Quille, Jabba's Palace Luke, R1-G4 or the Bossk wave. Anything else, I'm passing over for now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2004, 11:27 AM
It's been . . . okay for me. I have all the Ultra figures, but I don't have all the basic figures, though I'm well on the way. Here's a list of 2004 stuff I have/have seen:
Hoth
Luke, Hoth Trooper, R-3PO. Each of these I've seen numerous times.
Tatooine
Luke, R2-D2, R1-G4. I've seen R2 a couple of times, but the others, only once (thanks to another area forumite, Dark Marble!).
Jabba's Palace
Lando. I got him last sunday at TRU, but no others from this wave yet.
Yavin
TIE Fighter Pilot, General Jan Dodonna. I saw the TIE Pilot at TRU same time as Lando, and my mom saw Dodonna yesterday at Wal-Mart which hasn't had new figures for months. Unfortunately, this was after I'd ordered them from TRU for $8 a pop, and they still haven't arrived (sometime next week).
My mom also said that WM had at least one other figure that I don't have yet, and I'll get it tomorrow for Easter. It's probably from the Yavin wave, but I can't be sure.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Luke, R2-D2, R1-G4. I've seen R2 a couple of times, but the others, only once (thanks to another area forumite, Dark Marble!).

If you see another R1-G4, could you grab one for me? This figure has been on my want list for years, and of course, I've never seen him.

I see pretty much all the Yavin waves these days and the occassional Rappertunie, if there's anything you want out of those in trade. Otherwise, I'm happy to pay.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2004, 11:47 AM
If you see another R1-G4, could you grab one for me? This figure has been on my want list for years, and of course, I've never seen him.

I see pretty much all the Yavin waves these days and the occassional Rappertunie, if there's anything you want out of those in trade. Otherwise, I'm happy to pay.
I would love to, man, but I've only seen him once and never again, so I got him. That was in February, but my Wal-Mart had more R2-D2s from that wave so maybe there's hope after all. If I ever find another one, I'll let you have it.

However, today my mom gave me Admiral Ozzel from Wal-Mart, and Holo Luke and Rappertunie from Suncoast! I'd never seen these before, so it was quite cool. Plus she got more, but I'll have to pay her for them, so I'm guessing (but not sure) that they're Bossk, Dengar, and J'Quille. I wonder what took them so long?

B'Omarr Monkey
04-12-2004, 09:55 PM
I would love to, man, but I've only seen him once and never again, so I got him. That was in February, but my Wal-Mart had more R2-D2s from that wave so maybe there's hope after all. If I ever find another one, I'll let you have it.

Thanks. Here's to hope.

Ji'dai
04-13-2004, 11:07 PM
I haven't had the problems that I had last year. I didn't start buying (finding) figures last year until Fall.

I'm hunting in two different cities, finding more stuff out of town than in my local, smaller market. But so far this year I've found or seen all the Clone Wars Animated, Hoth, Yavin, and Jabba's Palace figures except for J'Quille. Saw Bossk and Dengar Monday while out of town, but no Ozzel.

Darth Alex
04-19-2004, 01:21 PM
This question fits in with the distribution problems banner...
Any idea when the Ultra Ewok and the Madine wave will hit?
I know these are just starting to hit the "hey, we charge $20-pop for single carded figures" online stores that...uh...import from Hong Kong. I'm wondering if these are gonna really show up at all.
Here in Central & NE PA it doesn't pay to go on ANY toy runs. I'm guessing these 2 cases will be like the Sio Bibble wave back in 2000....hard to find and not re-carded later in the year.

Kidhuman
04-19-2004, 04:30 PM
I hope not. I still havent seen hid nor hair of the SD wave, let alone the Endor Wave and Ewok Glider.

Silent Chazz
04-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately I've decided to stop collecting SW Figures for a while. I can't afford to buy online nor is the distribution up to date within a two hour radius of where I live. I Hope to god I can find things this summer when the OTC hits but until then thanks to the awful SW Distribution, Im going to collect Anime Tapes (My Walmart cant even stock Anime DVDs, so its VHS Tapes for me) and DVDs until then.

It gets pathetic when stores near a person haven't gotten in nor heard of the Tatooine Wave, Jabba's Palace Wave, Yavin Wave, Star Destroyer Wave, and Endor Wave. It was a Festivus Mircle that my Walmart even got in the Hoth Wave back in December.:(

Darth Metalmute
07-27-2013, 06:41 PM
I was going to start a new thread with current distribution problems, but since I found this one, I will make use of it. With the completion of Comic Con, everyone has now seen the new figures and lines. There appears to be some excitement of the new lines and with it, hope to find them in the wild, so to speak. However, the latest distribution problems from Hasbro and the stores are worth mentioning as possibly the worst ever. I remember getting excited about the figures from Comic Con 2011 and 2012 and getting excited about seeing them at the stores. However after the Phantom Menace Vintage line hit in January of 2011, I have not seen a single wave in any store I've visited. That's 18 months since the stores I visit have gotten-in/released new stock. I fear that because of such, I will never see anything beyond Wave 1 of the Black line in the store. Any considering the majority of the figures I am interested in are in wave 2 and later waves, this is a problem. I would like to re-boot this thread as a photo log of what the Star Wars racks look like around the country. Hopefully, somebody takes notice and things change.

Darth Metalmute
07-27-2013, 06:44 PM
This first picture was taken at Walmart on Glendale Avenue, Zip Code 43614. There is five Phantom Menace figures and two Clone Wars figures. This locations Star Wars section has looked this same way since before Christmas 2012.

This second picture was taken at Toys R Us on Reynolds Road, Zip Code 43614. There are 7 Phantom Menace Vintage figures and 15 racks of Clone Wars figures. This location has also looked the same way for over a year.

I hope to get the two target stores I visit up here soon. They are completely empty.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2013, 09:40 AM
There have been store sales, and I've gone to see if I'd buy some, but often it's the same peg display as your pics, DM. :( Can't buy what's not in stock.

Darth Metalmute
07-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Here are pictures from the Walmart, Target, and Meijer on Route 20, Zip code 43551.
The walmart had three vintage figures from the Star Wars/ROTJ line. These three have been the only remnants of other vintage waves from last year and have been peg warmers for several months. The Meijer racks have the same Phantom Menace and Clone Wars figures for over a year. \

Much to my surprise, the once empty Target racks were filled in actual new figures! The Mission Wave two packs and ROTS Legends were out. Nothing worth getting or on my want list but it was nice to see new figures.

Side Note: Were the Mission Series figures supposed to be little articulation figures? They have as much articulation as the 1977 line. Also, they appear to be slightly taller than the other figures.

JediTricks
07-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Mission Series uses the new Saga Legends figures, the 5 points of articulation inexpensive figures. I haven't bought any yet so I am surprised to hear they seem taller, I'd like to see comparison on that.

My stores are slowly filling up with this Galaxy line - SL and MS - but have only gotten 1 or 2 shipments of The Black Series, which is the same SKU as Vintage so until either the Vintage product sells through or a Hasbro rep pulls them back, that will be a barrier to getting the new line out to shelves.

sith_killer_99
07-31-2013, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see them do some OT army builders for the Saga Legends series, the 5 POA inexpensive figures. They do not seem to be taller IMO. I should grab a couple to do a comparison shot, I could be wrong. The masking on these seems to be pretty good and they look great overall IMO, especially considering the price. I'd really like to see more of these.

The $10 price point for basic figures has really turned me off to the line, the $5-$6 line is more attractive. Also, I get a little tired of the cheaper softer plasitc and all the added articulation seems to detract from the overall appearance, IMO.

In fact, my favorite line to date seems to be the older POTJ line which seemed to have a good balance of plastics, articulation and aesthetics. Plus the price was resonable. POTJ line cost me about $6.00 a figure (in Hawaii) back in 2000, which is still only $7.90 in today's currency.

Keep in mind that $5.00 in 1998 is $6.99 in today's currency, so $10 is a bit high for my taste, to put it another way $10 in today's currency is $7.19 in 1998. I do not think the POTF2 line would have sold very well for that, even with better sculpts and articulation.

Now, my hope is that Hasbro manages to make some good OT characters for the less expensive line.

I still plan to collect the 6 inch Black Series. Yes, there are issues and the line is far from perfect, but my hope is that if enough people support the line it will improve over time.

Also, I will probably pick up OT characters from the 3.75 inch line, especially army builders.

Darth Metalmute
07-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Mission Series uses the new Saga Legends figures, the 5 points of articulation inexpensive figures. I haven't bought any yet so I am surprised to hear they seem taller, I'd like to see comparison on that.

I only looked at the battle droid/clone trooper pack, but they looked taller and skinnier, almost as if pulled in the mold slightly. However, I did recently have eye surgery so it might just be an optical illusion. The clone did look taller than the shock trooper from the legends line, but the huge difference in the packaging size could have made it an illusion as well. The legend packaging looks like the second tier store packaging you see at Big Lots or Dollar Stores.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Now, my hope is that Hasbro manages to make some good OT characters for the less expensive line.

I still plan to collect the 6 inch Black Series. Yes, there are issues and the line is far from perfect, but my hope is that if enough people support the line it will improve over time.

Also, I will probably pick up OT characters from the 3.75 inch line, especially army builders.

SDCC revealed that there are several OT figures coming in Saga Legends and Mission Series. Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, and Jedi Knight Luke are coming as single figures, and the two-packs will include Han and Chewie and C-3PO and R2-D2. I think the stormtrooper could make good diorama background fodder.

I only looked at the battle droid/clone trooper pack, but they looked taller and skinnier, almost as if pulled in the mold slightly. However, I did recently have eye surgery so it might just be an optical illusion. The clone did look taller than the shock trooper from the legends line, but the huge difference in the packaging size could have made it an illusion as well. The legend packaging looks like the second tier store packaging you see at Big Lots or Dollar Stores.
The Battle Droid is based on the version we've seen many, many times since it was first released in the 2002 C-3PO deluxe set. It's always been on the tall side, especially compared to the TVC version. I haven't seen any SL or MS figures but I'm hoping to soon - the lower-articulated battle pack figures from last year were basically the same height as their super-articulated counterparts, aside from the hulking Boba.

sith_killer_99
07-31-2013, 09:28 PM
SDCC revealed that there are several OT figures coming in Saga Legends and Mission Series. Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, and Jedi Knight Luke are coming as single figures, and the two-packs will include Han and Chewie and C-3PO and R2-D2. I think the stormtrooper could make good diorama background fodder.

That's good news! I'm looking forward to them!

On a side note, I bought some of these today, not for my collection, but for my son. I did a quick comparison and here's what I see:

Height is pretty much the same. Keep in mind that these figures are 5 POA and basically stand erect with shoulders squared. I put an older Clone Trooper my son has next to the vanilla Clone from the Saga Legends line and they are the same height. The Saga Legends figure itself is bigger, not really taller, just bigger, as in bulkier, bigger chest, broader shoulders, etc. Like comparing a 160 lbs guy to a 185 lbs guy.

I did break down and buy the Mission Series Darth Vader for MY collection, 2 in fact, one to open and one for the carded collection.

I have decided to stick with OT figures only for my collection. The only exception will be the Vintage line (which I still need to collect), in which case I will buy one of each for the carded collection, and that's only because I love the card design. lol

Darth Metalmute
08-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Here are two more I visited this week.

First one is Walmart on SR 66, Zip 43512. This is the most Vintage figures from a wave other than the Phantom Menace that I have seen.

Second one is Walmart on McCord Road, Zip 43528. Odd to see a Maul and Qui-Gon on the shelf... Almost as if they just restocked the Phantom Menace line.

I was planning on visiting a Target and Toy R Us in Indianapolis this week, but never made it.