PDA

View Full Version : Silver Sandtrooper Announced as Celebration Exclusive

evenflow
04-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Well there you have it. I still have hopes for a red metallic Royal Guard.

SirSteve
04-09-2004, 09:49 AM
They are saying this one is part of the "Saga" line.

mm74md
04-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I know some people don't like these, but I love them! I wish the newer ones were done with the quality as the Toy Fair Vader & R2. But the silver finish will do. I think they look great on those funky black cards.

jjreason
04-09-2004, 09:57 AM
It was pretty apparent this would be the next silver figure, based on the packaging "test shots" we saw a month or so ago... at the Aussie toy fair, was it? The bubble really only looked like it would fit a Sandtroooper. Should be a nice addition to this line; I still love the look of the basic black and silver packages even though the figures' shine seems to have diminished (literally and figuratively).

Sentinel18725
04-09-2004, 10:07 AM
I do enjoy these. They add a little something to my collection. It's like your universe of toys will still be collect without them but it's almost a little trophy to me. I hope that they keep doing OT figures and don't switch to more of the newer figures. The clone trooper I do understand though. I just hope that they don't do a silver C3PO :stupid: Red royal guard.....definitely!

sith_killer_99
04-09-2004, 12:08 PM
This year, collectors attending San Diego Comic-Con International will get a chance at the next figure in the exclusive Silver Saga Edition line from Hasbro.

Hmmm, they are calling this the "exclusive Silver Saga Edition line", what the heck?

So do we refer to these as ESSEL? SSE? or just plain ol' "Those hard to find figures that usually show up with damaged cards and bubles then show up in unopened Ebay"?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50263&item=3186783858&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Don't get me wrong, I like the figures well enough, the package in cool and the figures are kinda neat. I just hate the fact that we are gonna have to suffer all the leaches trying to make a buck on exclusives. Not to mention all the headaches and whining (myself included) associated with trying to obtain one of these!

I understand why they are doing this, they are stimulating the market, but it just smarts to know that this thing will be hard to come by, in good shape. :Pirate:

clonehead
04-09-2004, 03:43 PM
the way that hasbro is making figures now-a-days the next one they will make will be a Silver jango.

evenflow
04-09-2004, 03:59 PM
They are saying this one is part of the "Saga" line.

Sorry about that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2004, 05:27 PM
I like all of the Silver figures and gladly accept new ones, even with the slightly duller silver paint. I got the Silver Clone Trooper yesterday and I like it a lot, the Sandtrooper looks good as well. Will it be available to everyone like the Boba Fett last year, or just convention go-ers? I won't be attending any con this summer but I really want this figure.

TheDarthVader
04-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Silver figures=yes
Silver stormtrooper before sandtrooper=should be YES :(
Red metallic Royal Guard=you've gotta be kidding me! I would faint! I would love to have one or two or three or four
Silver OT figures first=yes

Kidhuman
04-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Ilike em, they do look pretty cool. But Iam not sure the Sandtrooper should be made. They should of made someone else.

Hellboy
04-10-2004, 02:39 AM
I'm cool with this choice, and I like the silver figures for what they are but the novelty will wear off if they release to many of these. Keeping it fresh with new ideas like the metallic red Royal Guard that was mentioned would keep my interest though. They should also start releasing these with some sort of outer clamshell like the new Vintage line is doing so you're chances of getting one in good condition is better. The majority of people probably keep these MOC anyway.

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Yes, hellboy. The novelty of these figures is wearing off already. One a year was fine. This makes 3 in a year, Fett, Clone and now sandtrooper. Why not make SA figures for the exclusives, they are charging tenbucks anyway. It would be awesome. Save the Silver ones for the TRU promotions.

Jayspawn
04-10-2004, 09:56 AM
I like how the Silver Sandtrooper looks. I'll like it even more if I can actuallly get one!

The only exclusives I dont like are the Gentile Giant Exclusives. Those awesome mini-busts only go to dealers and scalpers and not to the people who actually want them. :zzz:

Jedi Commando
04-10-2004, 01:22 PM
The silver figures are okay, but I don't what to see this trend of them continue too long, it'll get old quick.

vadersvette
04-12-2004, 12:38 AM
I like how the Silver Sandtrooper looks. I'll like it even more if I can actuallly get one!
Yeah :rolleyes: All I have is R2 and the Clone. And Sith Killer, I had the same problem with my Silver Clones. I ordered two of them from Amazon.com, and both were smashed in and torn up. Same with when I got R2 from my TRU. :dis: