PDA

View Full Version : New X-Files Movie?

dr_evazan22
04-10-2004, 07:00 PM
From MSNBC...

Duchovny says ‘X-Files’ will return

Actor says he misses popular sci-fi seriesThe Associated Press
Updated: 2:36 p.m. ET April 08, 2004

LOS ANGELES - David Duchovny expects that Mulder and Scully will ride again one day.

Duchovny said a second big-screen installment of “The X-Files” remains in the works. Though he doesn’t know the plot, Duchovny said “X-Files” creator Chris Carter has signed off on the story premise.

“I’m dying to hear it,” the 43-year-old actor said in an interview for his new movie “Connie and Carla,” starring Nia Vardalos and Toni Collette, which opens April 16. “So now it’s just a matter of making sure everybody can get together at the same time and do it.”

Duchovny starred as alien-hunting FBI agent Mulder for seven full seasons of “The X-Files,” worked part-time for an eighth season and returned for the series finale at the end of season nine.

He and co-star Gillian Anderson, who played Mulder’s skeptical partner, Scully, also starred in the 1998 movie version of “The X-Files.”

“I’m at the point where I finally miss it,” Duchovny said. “I wanted the grind to end, but I never wanted the show just to end. And I’d always had this fantasy and hope that it would be a movie franchise. Hopefully, this second movie will give it a foundation as such.”

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah, i read about this flick a few weeks back as well.

I think i was one of the few who actually loved the 1st x-files film. It should be interesting to see if Chris Carter will develop any sort of romantic relationship between Mulder and Scully in the 2nd film and if he'll have Doggett and some of the newer crew in the film.

I'm looking forward to it! :D

sith_killer_99
04-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Yet another great film to look forward to! I enjoyed the first film, though not as much as I had hoped. I would definatly be up for another film!

darthvyn
04-10-2004, 08:41 PM
hell ya, i'm up for this! i loved the first one, and i felt like i was the ONLY person who liked the last two seasons... i thought they really did some cool stuff, with a new perspective brought in by doggett (who was bad-arse!) and having scully be the one with the wild theories was a funny twist! it would be great to have doggett, mulder, and scully in it - don't know about reyes... she was kinda meh...

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Sweet news, Iloved the show. ALthough Agent terminator Dogget was not a good replacement. At least Mulder will come back.

Exhaust Port
04-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I would like to see this installment be used to get the X-File brand back on track. The show died when they actually started showing the aliens (ie the movie) rather than always leaving that question unanswered.

Hellboy
04-12-2004, 05:33 PM
I've always supported the idea of another X-Files movie but I'm afraid it will only create more questions than it anwsers and this time there won't be a tv series to expand on it. I loved the series and the movie but I think they suffered from becoming overly complex while offering little to no resolution. If Chris Carter can make a film that ties up some of the loose ends from the series mythology episodes and the last film I'd be thrilled. If he chooses to go with a stand alone story similar to the monster type episodes such as "Squeeze" or "Humbug" I doubt it will find much of an audience.

Dr Zoltar
04-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Here is a nice site created by someone who tried to make sense of all the X-Files shows and the movie.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/9013/myth.html

Kidhuman
04-12-2004, 07:12 PM
My word, that is too much to read...lol. Thanks for it Dr. Z, but I will pass on it. Some things are better left unexplained and just accepted.

arctangent
04-13-2004, 04:24 AM
hell ya, i'm up for this! i loved the first one, and i felt like i was the ONLY person who liked the last two seasons...

i liked the last two seasons too, darthvyn, there were some very good episodes that i think people ignored because mulder wasn't there. i loved the first film too and i really hope they make a second. i think there are still a lot of x-files fans out there waiting for something else to be made.

Kidhuman
04-13-2004, 06:01 AM
I liked the last two seasons. Changing of the guard kind of. One of my favorite Eps is when Dogget dies and that creature eats himand brings him back. Also the one with the kid and the creature under his bed.

JEDIpartner
04-13-2004, 08:15 AM
I really enjoyed Doggett and Reyes. The thing I had to keep reminding myself was that they were NOT supposed to be Mulder or Scully. I think another film would be nice if it were a stand alone. I'd certainly welcome it.

BTW... has anyone seen Gillian with her new long, blonde hair? :eek:

arctangent
04-13-2004, 08:41 AM
BTW... has anyone seen Gillian with her new long, blonde hair? :eek:

yep :kiss: :crazed: !

Darkness Shroud
04-13-2004, 03:58 PM
I got the series 8 DVD's a month ago. I forgot how many good episodes that season had. Bring on the 2nd movie, i loved the first one.:)

dr_evazan22
04-13-2004, 04:40 PM
I didn't watch all of the last 2 seasons, but overall I liked Doggett also. Definitely looking forward to a new movie. Would like to see some answers and / or closure to the storyline. It may be intersting to see what has happened to the "X-Files Dept" in the FBI since 9/11.

Can anyone post a pic of Gillian? Or where to see her?

darthvyn
04-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I got the series 8 DVD's a month ago. I forgot how many good episodes that season had. Bring on the 2nd movie, i loved the first one.:)

yeah, i've got all 8 seasons so far... waiting for the 9th and final season boxed set to be announced! i think it's been more than six months since 8 came out, though... i'm surprised, they've been like clockwork every six months up until now...

EDIT: i just checked out tower.com and season 9 is slated for may 11!