PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Newsletter Dated April 6th - "New" figure?

jjreason
04-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Not really. I got this email, complete with the announcement that there would be lots of new stuff for collectors over the year leading up to Episode III. Know that they showed as the 3.75" entry? Obi Wan - Coruscant Chase. That figure was "new" two years ago, people.

I hadn't heard they were re-shipping this figure on a gold card. Is there any chance that there might be a couple of other figures planned for the last few case assortments leading up to the OTC? I'm still hoping for Pablo Jill and Senator Yarua, though hope is starting to fade.

sith_killer_99
04-11-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm pretty sure that Han Solo (in AT-ST Driver outfit), General Madine and Lando General will be the last 3 figures before the OTC and VOTC lines, due out in June. The Han wave is due out right behind the "Star Destroyer" wave.

Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase was part of the Hall of Fame wave which consisted of 12 re-packs, seen here:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715E

I hope this helps.

Kidhuman
04-11-2004, 09:07 AM
I do hope they release some more PT characters this year. Iknow the preview figures willbe out near end of year beginning of 05, but those three rumored ones would be nice plus a few more.

jjreason
04-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Thanks SK, I didn't realize he was one of the first wave of HOF figures and was wondering if they'd decided to do a second series of them. I know I keep mentioning Pablo and the Wookie Senator, but for some reason I thought those 2 were in production... quasi-confirmed if you will? Odd. I'm sure they'll arrive someday.

LTBasker
04-11-2004, 11:06 AM
They will make PT figures during the OT collection, they'll have the same card design but I don't think they'll have the Rebel or Imperial logo and their bubble inserts will probably be different.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2004, 11:40 AM
They will make PT figures during the OT collection, they'll have the same card design but I don't think they'll have the Rebel or Imperial logo and their bubble inserts will probably be different.
I haven't yet heard about PT figures on the black and silver cards, but I know some things will be on those (like Yoda's lightsaber).

These are the prequel offerings for 2004:
*Jedi Warriors 4-pack - Toys R Us exclusive - Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Nikto
*Clone Wars Animated Wave 2 - Target exclusives - Yoda, Durge, Count Dooku, Clone Trooper
*Saga Basic Hall of Fame repacks - Anakin Skywalker (Geonosis Hangar Duel), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase), Yoda (Geonosis Hangar Duel)
*Collector Cup and Figure packs - Target exclusives - Darth Maul, Anakin Skywalker
*Jedi Council Scene Packs - TRU esclusives - Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Qui-Gon Jinn; Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Koon, Eeth Koth; Stass Allie, Shaak Ti, to be annonced; more

So it's not like there's been absolutely nothing the whole year. Just less than the original trilogy. However, both TPM and AOTC have a crapload of figures and stuff already, they're just trying to catch up with characters from the OT.

Kidhuman
04-11-2004, 12:09 PM
But most of those on your list are already out and available to us except the last group. I was hoping for a few more figures. How long can Hasbro and Lucas ride out the DVD release? They can not do it until next year when EPIII is released. They are gonna have to give us some new stuff. I know 85% of collectors on this board will not stand for 10 months of rehashes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right. Let's see, though, how much you'd be buying this year if you want one of everything:
21 Saga figures - $105
12 Hall of Fame rerelease figures - $60
8 Saga Ultra figures - $80
5 cup sets - $50
1 Red Leader X-wing - $30
4 wave 2 Clone Wars figures - $28
2 TRU 4-packs - $40
3 Jedi packs - $60
6 OTC vehicles - $220
24 OTC figures - $120
12 vintage figures - $120
Yikes, that's over $900 for everything. Omitting the rereleases, that saves nearly $300. I'm not saying that rereleases are great, but I'll gladly take $300 out of the spending this year.

Kidhuman
04-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right. Let's see, though, how much you'd be buying this year if you want one of everything:
21 Saga figures - $105
12 Hall of Fame rerelease figures - $60
8 Saga Ultra figures - $80
5 cup sets - $50
1 Red Leader X-wing - $30
4 wave 2 Clone Wars figures - $28
2 TRU 4-packs - $40
3 Jedi packs - $60
6 OTC vehicles - $220
24 OTC figures - $120
12 vintage figures - $120
Yikes, that's over $900 for everything. Omitting the rereleases, that saves nearly $300. I'm not saying that rereleases are great, but I'll gladly take $300 out of the spending this year.

Not buying:
Hall of Fame...60 bucks
3 Ultras...30 bucks
Cup sets...50 bucks
Red leader X-wing...30 bucks
# Jedi Packs(unless they are 3 packed like the clones)...30 bucks
OTC Vehicles...220 bucks(I might get the falcon, but not the sandcrawler)
only buying the new figures from OTC...(I believe its nine)...65 bucks saved.

I am saving about 500 bucks this year by not being a completist. So if everyone follows suit, there will be alot of money lost. That is over half of the retail privce Hasbro has set for us, and if You gotoWal-Mart. If you happen togoto Target, KB, K-Mart or TRU, then they prices will be more.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Not really. I got this email, complete with the announcement that there would be lots of new stuff for collectors over the year leading up to Episode III. Know that they showed as the 3.75" entry? Obi Wan - Coruscant Chase. That figure was "new" two years ago, people.

I hadn't heard they were re-shipping this figure on a gold card. Is there any chance that there might be a couple of other figures planned for the last few case assortments leading up to the OTC? I'm still hoping for Pablo Jill and Senator Yarua, though hope is starting to fade.

I got the same email. What a laugh! They also listed one of the lightsabers that have been marked down, and something else, which I'm drawing a blank on which is also real old news. I almost want to look into whether or not that email was false advertising.

I was also under the impression that Pablo Jill was on the official make list, which is why he's not been on my "want made" lists. Ditto Hermi Odle.

For close to $1000 bucks a year, which, make no mistake about it, is definitely expected from the collector, and not the casual buyer, the least they could do is throw us some bones. Maybe instead of the pre-selected choices for the fan's choice selections, we could get a write in wish list and Hasbro could select the top 20-30 figures from the list to release between Christmas and May 19th 2005. I know that would make me happy after the OTC and VOTC collections come and go. Hasbro says they need six months to create a figure from start to finish. There's plenty of time.