PDA

View Full Version : With the success of the Clone Wars, How about...

evenflow
04-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Since the Clone Wars cartoon did so well and was honestly well done, how about they continue this trend. Why not do another animated series exactly like this but instead of something recent, something that had been discussed in the past. Why not do a SHADOWS of the Empire series. I mean it is pretty much accepted by most, and it was actually a good story. It fills in holes between Empire and ROTJ. I personally would love to see this done, and I remember years ago at the old forums this topic was brought up. I really think it would work, and I would even guess some of the actors would be happy to lend their vocals. What do you guys think?

Kidhuman
04-11-2004, 10:16 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing that series or even the Heir tothe Empire series. Thrawn needs a cartoon or an appearance somewhere in SW video history.

darthvyn
04-11-2004, 10:58 AM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23410

been talked about here...

CaptainSolo1138
04-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Why not do a SHADOWS of the Empire series.
That would be freakin' sweet! I would love to see it done in the same Clone Wars style with the same marketing (by that I mean action figures).

Reefer Shark
04-11-2004, 02:28 PM
I would like to see Tales of the Jedi in this format...... but we all know that will never happen :(

Clone Wars was fantastic. I can honestly say that I enjoyed that series more than the prequel movies. (and I really do like the prequels a lot!)

Pendo
04-11-2004, 02:36 PM
If they're gonna do another animated series then at least do it 30 mins long. I wasn't a fan of the Clone Wars one, and the main problem (among many) was the length.

PENDO!

evenflow
04-11-2004, 09:03 PM
If you don't mind me asking why didn't you like the length. Oh and sorry about the post here, didnt realize this discussion had another thread already.

JediTricks
04-11-2004, 09:31 PM
I also hated the 3 minute length, no real STORY ever got to come out in any one episode and stuff didn't develop most of the time, instead just came out of left field such as Yoda & Padme rescuing Luminara & Barris. If these are supposed to be like the serials of Lucas's youth, then why not 8 to 10 minute episodes, with 20 episodes per season? Then you get a ton of stuff to show and have enough time to really give it the right kind of attention.

As for which story, I'm not sure another cartoon would work with a pre-determined storyline like the Thrawn saga or SOTE, could be too limiting. Also, with the OT era and post-OT era, you're kinda limited to certain types of stories and only a few Jedi.

Rocketboy
04-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I've ALWAYS wanted a Shadows movie/series of some kind. It's almost asking to be one.

Either that or I hope Genndy Tar..Tarta..Tartar Sauce gets his wish and does a Han and Chewie series.

Kidhuman
04-11-2004, 11:21 PM
As for which story, I'm not sure another cartoon would work with a pre-determined storyline like the Thrawn saga or SOTE, could be too limiting. Also, with the OT era and post-OT era, you're kinda limited to certain types of stories and only a few Jedi.

You could make it like the Robotech series of the 80's. They took the limited series of episodes(Macross had 36, Masters 25, and New Generation was about the same) and did 30 minute cartoons. It could easily be done in that format. They would be say 50 episodes of the Thrawn series, and then goto the hand of Thrawn series for about 35 more and so on.......:beard:

2-1B
04-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Since Clone Wars introduced goofy and lame characters like Durge, Arc Troopers, and (though they are not to blame for this one) General Grievous, I think Shadows of the Empire would be the perfect choice since they did the same thing 8 years earlier with Dash Rendar and Prince Xizor.

mrmiller
05-02-2004, 02:36 PM
How cool would it be...

For HBO, or even some other network to take up a multimillion dollar project and make the thrawn Triligy a cartoon series, or mini-series, using the super detailed computer animation of the Final Fantasy movie. Get as many of the original actors to lend thier voices, and even let ol' Mark do a few extras (I bet he could do a good Thrawn).

Make each book a seperate mini-series so you could have 3 seasons of it. I say HBO because you could probably make ten 30-minuite shows out of each book, or 5 one hour ones. HBO always does good with short series and mini-series, plus would actully front the money and see it to the end no matter what the ratings. And if it did go over big you could option other books like the NJO.

That's my dream project anyhow... If only I had a freighter full of money and some pull over George Lucas....

=MATT=

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I doubt that SW on TV will ever exist.

DarkArtist
11-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Since the Clone Wars cartoon did so well and was honestly well done, how about they continue this trend. Why not do another animated series exactly like this but instead of something recent, something that had been discussed in the past. Why not do a SHADOWS of the Empire series. I mean it is pretty much accepted by most, and it was actually a good story. It fills in holes between Empire and ROTJ. I personally would love to see this done, and I remember years ago at the old forums this topic was brought up. I really think it would work, and I would even guess some of the actors would be happy to lend their vocals. What do you guys think?

I would love to see a new series of animated stuff regarding EU sources ranging from the book, comics and even some fo the games......

would love to see perhaps:

Shadows of the Empire and Shadows of the Empire Evolutions
Heir to the Empire Trilogy
New Jedi Order Series
Legacy of the Force Series
Dark Empire I, II Jedi Knight, Mysterious of the Sith, Jedi Outcast
Dark Empire I, II, and Empire's End
Crimsion Empire I, II (need Crimsion Empire II to set up Nom Anor)
Tales of the Jedi
The X-Wing Series would also rock as an animated series

and would even love to see Lucas and company redue all 6 films of the Saga in an animated series with all the bells and whistles, deleted scenes etc.

Devo
11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
I doubt that worthwhile SW on TV will ever exist.

Haha - fixed.