PDA

View Full Version : Which OT figures should be resculpted still?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Lately, Hasbro has been resculpting many figures, like Lando in both Skiff Guard and General outfits, Bossk, Dengar, and a TIE fighter Pilot. While these new figures are mile ahead of previous attempts, should Hasbro keep remaking their older figures?

This thread will work like the best figure in each wave thread - we'll talk about the figures, year by year. Which of the following should Hasbro remake? Keep in mind, if they already have resculpts (like Luke Skywalker) and you want to improve on an existing version, wait until we discuss that version.

1995 & 1996 (since so few figures were produced then)
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
R2-D2
C-3PO
Princess Leia Organa
Lando Calrissian
Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear
Boba Fett
Yoda
Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatigues
Han Solo
TIE Fighter Pilot
Han Solo in Carbonite Block
Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
Prince Xizor
Luke Skywalker in Imperial Guard Disguise
Chewbacca in Bounty Hunter Disguise
Dash Rendar
Leia in Boushh Disguise
Sandtrooper
Greedo
Death Star Gunner
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise
Tusken Raider
Momaw Nadon "Hammerhead"
Jawas
R5-D4

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow, and make a PT version of this thread in the Saga section as well.

jedimarvin
04-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Who should be resculpted from the first two years? Everybody! The only figure that I think stands out as not needing a resculpt is Momaw Nadawn. Luckily most of those figures have been resculpted. Hasbro still needs to tackle a few of them though.

-Luke Skywalker in Hoth X-Wing Gear - we really need a less-bulky version with a removable helmet...maybe even a grappling thingy launcher and added articulation.
-Han Solo Carbonite - as pointed out in the favorite versions post, we need a deluxe/ultra Han Carbonite more in the spirit of the classic vintage one. Heck Han could even have interchageable arms like the new lUke Dagobah.
-Leia Bouschh - one of the best figures from the first couple years - howver I wouldn't mind an update w/o the detonator molded to her hand and just an updated/more detailed sculpt. (Bossk proves that a great figure can get even better, IMO)
-Death Star Gunner - again a pretty decent figure - maybe next time around a little less bulky and packaged with a turbolaser as an ultra figure.
-Luke in Stormtrooper - need a resculpt to match up with the updated Stormtroopers.
-Tuskin Raider - the 2003 Saga version was awesome but just can't pass as OT, so I think we still need an updated Tuskin.
-R5-D4 - no explanation neccessary :)

Darth Trymybestus
04-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Luke Skywalker : Endor Gear. Soft Goods Poncho. Removeable Helmet. Blaster. Lightsaber. Awesome Sculpt.

Yoda : Return of the Jedi.

Luke Skywalker : X-Wing Pilot Return of the Jedi - Removeable Helmet, same head sculpt as Jabba's Palace Luke.

Those are 3 off the top of my head. Shall think of more and post again later. :)

Some more...

Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Gear with removeable helmets. Maybe in a double pack with Han Solo.

Emperor Palpatine : Same body and hood sculpt as POTF2 but face sculpt as good as the recent SAGA Palpatine.

Luke Skywalker : Death Star II. With same head sculpt as Jabba's Palace version. Articulated.

Darth Vader : Bespin Duel - give us the SAGA version minus the action feature... pleaseeeeee.

Darth Vader : Dagobah - give us the Dagobah version only repainted like a normal Vader cause it's a great sculpt of Vader.

jedimarvin
04-13-2004, 09:21 PM
I think JabbaJohn envisioned us sticking with just the figures that were released in the 1995-1996 time frame for now (the list he posted) then we would cover figures from other years as we move along.

Darth Trymybestus
04-13-2004, 09:26 PM
I think JabbaJohn envisioned us sticking with just the figures that were released in the 1995-1996 time frame for now (the list he posted) then we would cover figures from other years as we move along.

Ah ok, I got carried away. Will think and post again later. :)

Kidhuman
04-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader, Leia, Chewbacca, Jedi Luke, Boba Fett, and allthe orange carded figures have been resculpted numerous times already. The versions that are out now are far superior to these figures from the early runnings.

Figures that need resculpting from your list.....

R5-D4 - Question is, who doesnt want this one redone??
Luke Dagobah - Will let you know in a few months when the new one comes out. SO far from the pics, it looks pretty good.
Tusken Raider - The more the merrier IMO, great character. TA Tusken is awesome
EU - Bring themback, maybe not all, BUt Thrawn Mara and a few others, and make a few more too.
Boushh - I happen to like the POTF2 version, but wouldnt mind seeing a resculpt.
Death STar Gunner - New one needed desperatley
Han Carbonite - could use an updated one.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-13-2004, 10:25 PM
I can live with everything on your list that hasn't already been resculpted, though there are a few that could use improvements yet:

Chewbacca: I'd still like to see a good Chewbacca from ANH, before his hair started flopping over his forehead.

Luke - X-Wing pilot. The last one we got was close, except for the teeth. I can live with it, but if a better one came along, I would not complain.

Han - Carbonite. This one could use some fixing, particularly the carbonite block itself. It doesn't even have to be interactive with the Han figure (ie; clip on feature). If Hasbro is going to continue to give us Han resculpts, then give us this one.

R5-D4. I don't think I need to elaborate on this.

Ben Kenobi - If I hadn't seen the pictures of the upcoming Dagobah ghost version of Ben, I would let this one go, but that is the first one that captures the likeness of Alec Guinness, it's all in the jawline. Put that head on the VOTC Ben, and I'll be happy, even though I'm not a fan of soft goods.

One I wish they would just recard from that era is Yoda. I think the face on the early Yoda is the most accurate version of the OT Yoda. The forthcooming one isn't even the right color and looks more like someone wearing a Don Post Yoda mask, like the kid in E.T.. Put the old head on the new body, and maybe they'd have something.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-14-2004, 01:27 AM
SNOWTROOPER SNOWTROOPER SNOWTROOPER

there still is not a great sculpt of a snowtrooper, I want ARTICULATION darn it!!

:frus:

Rocketboy
04-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Yoda needs it the most, IMO.
Compare the original (95-96) to the quality of the sculpt of the prequel Yodas - it's like comparing the 95-96 Yoda to the old 80's Kenner Yoda. Big improvemnet each time.

I'd also like to see multiposeable (like the Clonetrooper and Stormtrooper) versions of:
Vader
Fett
Han - Cantina Han was close, but hard to stand
Chewie - Chewie/C-3P0 was also pretty close
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise - modify the Stormtrooper by throwing a new head on it
Sandtrooper - modify the Stormtrooper again
Tusken Raider

And these 3 could use newer, better sculpts:
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi - better likeness maybe
R2-D2 - Not sure how though
C-3PO - More poseability?

I had no problems with these 2 as they are now:
Han Solo in Carbonite Block
Leia in Boushh Disguise

Lame LAME LAME figures. In desperate need of resculpts:
R5-D4
Death Star Gunner
Momaw Nadon "Hammerhead"

These ones have already been resculpted with nice results:
Greedo
Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
Luke Skywalker
Lando Calrissian
Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear
Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatigues
Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
TIE Fighter Pilot

zlurp
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
I would love to see new versions of:

Han Solo Carbonite- a non beefcake version
Luke Stormtrooper- same mold as the CTC stormtrooper
Han Stormtrooper- same mold as the CTC stormtrooper
Luke X-Wing- in a manner similar to Dutch Vander

That's all I can think of right now. Was there a big difference between the 2 Greedo releases?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Luke Skywalker - This guy has been done to death, but I wouldn't mind one more that comes with a poncho.
Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear - This version is technically a Hoth Snowspeeder pilot figure. This one isn't great, and I'd like to see a new resculpt of him (neither the POTJ nor the cup one [which are the same] cut it).
Han Solo in Hoth Gear - The only one I still want is with his hood completely down, but I don't care if we don't get it.
Han Solo in Carbonite Block - I think a better-sculpted out-of-carbonite Han should be made, from either ESB or the Sail Barge (not with slime). The block is okay but I want one that's more correct in scale and with red light-up effect (similar to TRU exclusive) and can hold Han all the way inside, not just on a clip in the back.
Leia in Boushh Disguise - The old one was okay, kind of like Skiff Guard Lando - the first version was alright for the time, and a new one might seem unnecessary but turns out to be perfect. She doesn't need a detonator in her hand this time either. Maybe it could be in a scene pack with Chewbacca and the Han I listed above.
Death Star Gunner - Like the old TIE pilot, a new one would be great. Hopefully with a turbolaser.
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise - With better sculpting and more articulation, and more accurate sizing and armor fitting.
Tusken Raider - While the AOTC one is nice, one that can hold the Gaffi stick way above his head a la in ANH would be better.
R5-D4 - More accurate body, no missile, and with another Jawa. That would be so cool.

I think I'll have another page of posts then move on to 1997 (should I bother with other figures besides basic?).

Rocketboy
04-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Was there a big difference between the 2 Greedo releases?From this, which isn't the best pic:
http://www.figures.com/archives/images/91/991.jpg
To this, a much better Greedo:
http://www.figures.com/archives/images/93/993.jpg
It's like a Greedo figure and a figure of the Greedo dummy they blew up when Han shoots him. :)

B'Omarr Monkey
04-14-2004, 08:37 PM
The second Greedo may be a better figure, but the first one looks more like the actual character. The COMMTECH sculp looks exactly like the prop Greedo that gets blasted, which you can see if you do a frame by frame viewing of the scene right before he slumps foreward on the table, but is too skinny to be the actual Greedo.

The best Greedo was the vinyl one that Applause made back in the early 90s.

Kidhuman
04-14-2004, 09:41 PM
JabbaJohn, just stick to basic figures as some of us dont buy the deluxes and vehicle pack ins. Just my 2 :beard:'s

zlurp
04-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the comparisson! I never bothered to pick the CTC version up, it looks like I'm off to ebay.

Rogue II
04-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, I guess will make my bi-annual plug for a new R5-D4. While I'm at it, I will make my quarterly Yarna (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=1343) request.

-Articulated Emperor (yeah, I passed on the Saga version)

-Articulated Ben Kenobi (One that can actually fit in the Landspeeder)...BTW, I put the brown cloth cape from an accessory pack on the POTJ Ben Kenobi. It looks great. He just can't bend over because of the plastic.

I don't think Hammerhead needs a new sculpt. The Cantina version was good enough for me.

vadersvette
04-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Here's what I want
(most are super articulated):

-DS2 Luke - with cloth Endor poncho, helmet, blaster and saber
-R5-D4 :D :D - with a pop-up motivator (like the freeze frame POTF2 R2-D2)
-Leia Boushh disguise - with a cloth cape and a more realistic face
-Han Solo Carbonite
-Snowspeeder pilot Luke (that's what the x-wing one was) with a removeable helmet and lightsaber (I know we got one with the snowspeeder, and another with the glass, but I want a better one that is individually carded)
-We could always use more Jawas!
-ROTJ Yoda
-Luke and Han Stormtroopers - nice sculpt like the CommTech one, and NEW helmets - NOT rehashed of the POTF2 ones like in the Saga accessory sets
-DS Gunner (I liked the old one, but I think it needs a resculpt) :crazed:

arctangent
04-16-2004, 06:53 AM
-Leia Boushh disguise - with a cloth cape and a more realistic face

while were at it, if we were to get a nice new leia boushh could we please have a new chewbacca as boushh's prisoner? one that is more realistic size wise. the current one is only just taller than leia herself. thanks.

Darth Alex
04-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Well, I guess will make my bi-annual plug for a new R5-D4. While I'm at it, I will make my quarterly Yarna (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=1343) request.

-Articulated Emperor (yeah, I passed on the Saga version)

-Articulated Ben Kenobi (One that can actually fit in the Landspeeder)...BTW, I put the brown cloth cape from an accessory pack on the POTJ Ben Kenobi. It looks great. He just can't bend over because of the plastic.

I don't think Hammerhead needs a new sculpt. The Cantina version was good enough for me.Articulated Emperor, you say? I'll sign a petition on that one. With the Emperor being THE man besides Vader on the evil side, the Saga one is absolutely my disappointment of 2003. If Hasbro can do a Vader with what seems to be a chain on the cape in the OTC-VS line, the Emperor should've got the cloth treatment, too.
And you should not have to have a quarterly Yarna request to go along with a new R5D4 request-these two should have been made by now, plain and simple. R5D4 should have been put out in a fall wave, resculpted, in time for the (FINALLY) Sandcrawler release.
Yarna should've been done, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise that we will hopefully get one soon done right the first time.
BTW-is anyone else getting sick and tired of petitioning Hasbro to make figures that anyone with eyes can see there is a demand for in the SW community? Who runs the company? Between the completely non-existent and completely unacceptable distribution, the obvious non-manufacture of anything close to a reasonable amount of certain army-builders and fan favorites(Jedi Luke resculpt, despite hand flaws), and the fact that such a passionate community as ours has to BEG for a figure to be made(Ephant) only to see it labelled Fan's Choice and then show up way too scarce...this just makes me wonder why we put up with it?
I,for one, have been channelling my funds into other more reasonable and immediate hobbies-DVDs, CDs, Flicks, Chicks:rolleyes: , etc. I haven't.....completely given up yet, but things like R5D4 are a good example of how to drive educated and ready-to-spend consumers away.
Just an observation...

jedimarvin
04-16-2004, 04:27 PM
I don't think hasbro has done such a abd job lately. Yeah it would be nice to see R5-D4 and Yarna but look at who we did get this year: General Reeiken, General Dodonna, General Madine, Admiral Ozzel, amazing resculpts of TIE Pilot and Lando Skiff. That's not too shabby if you ask me. Although short, the 2004 Saga line has given us some of the best SW figures to date.

It seems that Hasbro is at thier best the year before a new movie.

I just hope with Episode III we see more OTC figures then we did when AOTC figs were cramming the shelves. I also hope Hasbro doesn't decide to give the figures some silly new gimmick. Commtech I can deal with cuz it doesn't interfere with the figure, but I can't forgive Hasbro for action attack...it ruined so many great figures!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Those of you who still want to talk about 1995-96, go for it, but let's move on.

Bossk
Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear
2-1B Medic Droid
AT-ST Driver
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Han Solo in Endor Gear
Lando Calrissian as Skiff Guard
Emperor Palpatine
Bib Fortuna
Grand Moff Tarkin
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Weequay Skiff Guard
ASP-7 Droid
Dengar
Ponda Baba
4-LOM
Garindan (Long Snoot)
Admiral Ackbar
Princess Leia Organa as Jabba's Prisoner
Bespin Han Solo
Emperor's Royal Guard
Snowtrooper
Nien Nunb
Malakili (Rancor Keeper)
Saelt-Marae (Yak Face)
Gamorrean Guard
EV-9D9
Luke Skywalker in Ceremonial Outfit

Like last time, I'll wait a while to post. Oh, and I changed my mind on the PT thread in Saga, we'll just talk about PT here when we get to it.

vadersvette
04-16-2004, 06:43 PM
My thoughts:

Hoth Soldier - We need an ARTICULATED one that's not a midget! :rolleyes:
Han Solo in Endor Gear - Cloth Poncho
Emperor Palpatine - Didn't really care for the Saga one
Bib Fortuna - Cloth like the vintage one (maybe an EpI version)
Grand Moff Tarkin - updated sculpt
Garindan - Articulation, better sculpt, cloth cape
Emperor's Royal Guard - not a block of plastic, articulation, cloth robe
Snowtrooper- more articulation!
Nien Nunb - a not-so-bulky sculpt
EV-9D9 - nicer sculpt

Kidhuman
04-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Bossk, Dengar, Snowtrooper, Lando Skiff, Hoth Luke - just got these.
Emepror - havent seen the newest one, but from what I hear hell yeah
Bib Fortuna, Gamorean Guard - Yeah bring it on
Tarkin - maybe, after making a few other Imp. OIfficers(Needa, etc.)
Han Endor- I do believe so
Hoth SOldier - yes, and not one with Webster disease.
Rebel Trooper - no
SLave Leia - no, this one os good
Weequay - not really a good sculpt, but also a nice army builder for the Palace.
Ackbar - wouldnt say no if they did
At-ST driver - not really
4LOM - why not
AP-7, EV-9D9, Yak Face, Nein Numb, Malikili - nope minor characters, would ratrher have new figures of others
Han Bespin - please no more Hans, he is like the new Jango
Luke Ceremony - Hasbro should release this in a four pack with Luke, Han Leia, Chewie

B'Omarr Monkey
04-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Before I give my list, I just want to throw in my 2 cents about some of the cloth robe requests. The Emperor? Emperor's Royal Guard? Garindan? We don't know what the Emperor's head looks like under that hood, so how would Hasbro realize that, accurately? Ditto what's under the Royal Guard's robes. And has anyone seen the 12" Garindan? Talk about bad hoods. Also, he falls under the same problem as the others, what does his head look like? Having a plastic hood with cloth robes doesn't really work. They gave us a Darth Maul like that. I've said elsewhere, I'm not a fan of the soft goods at this scale anyway, but those are further things to take into consideration with these characters. Besides, the Royal Guards just stood there, what do they need more articulation for anyway? It's like asking for an SA power droid.

Stepping off my soapbox...

out of the current list, here's what I think could use a resculpt. Everything else was fine with me, or has been resculpted satisfactorily since.

Hoth Rebel Soldier - we could use a few more of these. the early ones were hard to stand without putting them in bizarre poses, and the new one falls short (sorry, couldn't help myself) of Hasbro's recent offerings of high quality figures.

Weequay - I love the first one, and have no problems with it, but wouldn't mind seeing other weequay figures in different costumes.

Garindan - I like the original sculpt except that he can't stand.

Emperor's Royal Guard - I don't think this needs to be resculpted again. The Saga one was fine. I just wanted to point out that the one from 1997's arms are way too long for his body.

I know a lot of people want a new Endor Han, but as I don't care much for the soft goods, I'm happy with the one we have.

Kidhuman
04-16-2004, 11:06 PM
The Vintage Royal Guard was soft goods and awesome. I dont like the plastic cloak look. The soft goods give it the flow it needs. Plastic is too sturdy and looks like Mama used to much starch in the laundry.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-16-2004, 11:22 PM
You're right. I forgot about the vintage Royal Guard. I loved that figure. The modern ones tempt me to stencil "salt" on the front of one and "pepper" on the other.

jedimarvin
04-17-2004, 01:28 AM

Well, first off I think Hasbro really nailed it with some of these figures and it would be a severe waste to resculpt them IMO...

-Weequay - great sculpt and proportional too. Only improvement I could see would be jointed wrists so he can hold a gun. I wouldn't mind seeing an all new Weequay in a different outfit, like the guy Luke tossed out the barge window.

-Yak Face - sculpt was fine but his colors seemed abit too cheery for Jabba's palace but no need for a resculpt

-ASP 7 - not teh greatest idea to begin with but whatever it was a prettyd ead on sculpt.

-Admiral Ackbar - I love AA and this figure wasn't bad, although I would have rather had a pointer stick other then a wrist blaster thingy. He may ahve been a bit too bulky but I can live with that and besides if we changed him, we would have to change the Mon Cal Officer too.

Now....IMO the rest of the figures all could use resculpts because I know hasbro could do better but that would be crazy. There are a few tho that I think desperatly need a makeover:

-Luke Cerimonial - with all the improving sculpts of Luke Skywlaker this one is obsolete. Needs an update period.

-2-1B - something about this figure always annoyed me. I always loved the vintage one and they just didn't get him right the second time around.

-Gammorrean Guard - not a bad job but I know Hasbro could give us a killer sculpt of him if they wanted to.

-AT-ST Driver - an easy one to do...just give the new Han a new head and we're all set.

-Bib Fortuna!!!! I remember being seriously dissapointed with him when he came out in 97. Hasbro, take a lesson from the vinatage ont his one.

-Royal Guard - something more then a solid piece of plastic.

-Emperor - each Emperor figure has had it's good points, so just combine them all into one excllent figure (and throw in articulated knees and a throne too!)

There's my two cents

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-17-2004, 03:05 PM
While a lot of these 1997 figures look good, they are complete crap to the versions from recent years. POTJ Bespin Capture Han, Saga Sail Barge Lando, POTJ/Saga Rebel Trooper, etc. Some could still need a re-do.

Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear - The newer one is great, but I'd like one without Wampa scars and a bit more articulation.
2-1B Medic Droid - I think there is still room for improvement here. I want a screen scene of him, Luke, and Leia from the end of ESB.
Hoth Rebel Soldier - None of these guys have had much articulation, so a new one would be good.
Han Solo in Endor Gear - The old one, like most figures from then, was too bulky. The cloth coat from the accessory set wasn't good enough, and there hasn't been a nice articulated version of Han with brown pants and yellow stripes (from Endor).
Emperor Palpatine - Though technically not a resculpt of this version, I want one with cloth robes (not hood though) that can sit in his chair. The first few Emperor's hoods were too small, and the new one's too big, come on Hasbro get it somewhere in the middle.
Bib Fortuna - The character in the film was much skinnier than this. I want a TPM version, and a ROTJ one too (I think the costumes are different?).
Grand Moff Tarkin - The face sculpt on the old one was pretty good, but it could be better. Make a Tarkin up to the standards of the new Ozzel, maybe with a chair, and I'll be good.
4-LOM - Perhaps in a pack with a new Zuckuss and Boba Fett, the old one had some issues.
Admiral Ackbar - I want one with more articulation, a stick, and maybe (as an Ultra) with a big Endor holograph.
Emperor's Royal Guard - Neither of these guys have been perfect, but the new one came close. You shouldn't be able to see their left arm though, so maybe one with cloth robes.
Gamorrean Guard - The old one is very nice, but a new one would be way better.
Luke Skywalker in Ceremonial Outfit - They need to get Luke's face right, then make one of these. In a screen scene with Han and Leia - but no medals, we got enough of those with Dodonna!

vadersvette
04-17-2004, 03:10 PM
We don't know what the Emperor's head looks like under that hood, so how would Hasbro realize that, accurately?

I just wanted one that's better than the saga one :rolleyes:

Ditto what's under the Royal Guard's robes.

I meant like the vintage one :bored:

Besides, the Royal Guards just stood there, what do they need more articulation for anyway? It's like asking for an SA power droid.

Articulation to hold the pike, like the saga one :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2004, 05:25 PM
I guess I'll take less time in letting people post? Anyway this post is just a filler so the new stuff can be on the next page. But people who aren't yet posting here, come on!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2004, 05:39 PM
1998 was a year when the figures really started getting expansive and more background characters were added for collectors (and kids who like cool aliens). The number of figures was still steadily increasing. Figures were coming with Freeze Frame Action Slides at this time. Also, the sculpting was visibly improving and more expanded universe figures were being made. And to build up excitement for Episode I (in a way), the last few figures were released in a Classic line with Flashback photos and redesigned cards.

Bespin Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia in Ewok Celebration Outfit
Endor Rebel Soldier
Lando Calrissian in General's Gear
Lak Sivrak
Biggs Darklighter
Ewoks - Wicket and Logray
Darth Vader with Removable Helmet
Ishi Tib
Captain Piett
Zuckuss
Princess Leia Organa - All New Likeness
Luke Skywalker - All New Likeness with Blast Shield Helmet
R2-D2 with New Features
C-3PO with Removable Limbs
Ugnaughts
8D8 Droid
Death Star Trooper
Ree-Yees
Lobot
Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty
Orrimaarko (Prune Face)
Mon Mothma
Luke Skywalker from Dark Empire
Imperial Sentinel from Dark Empire
Grand Admiral Thrawn from Heir to the Empire
Leia Organa from Dark Empire
Clone Emperor from Dark Empire
Mara Jade from Heir to the Empire
Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces
Death Star Droid with Mouse Droid
Pote Sniktin
AT-AT Driver
Princess Leia Organa in Hoth Gear
Spacetrooper from Heir to the Empire
Darktrooper from Dark Forces
Luke Skywalker with Blaster Rifle and Electrobinoculars
Princess Leia in Ceremonial Dress
Yoda with Cane and Boiling Pot
R2-D2 wih Launching Lightsaber
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi with Lightsaber
Darth Vader with Lightsaber
Emperor Palpatine with Force Lightning
Hoth Chewbacca with Bowcaster

Kidhuman
04-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Good Lord, maybe you should split the lists up. :beard:

Piett, Zuckuss, Ishi Tibb, Emperor w/ Force Lightning, Thrawn, Leia(Hoth),Mara, Chewie(both) - yes
The rest I really dont care too much about or we are getting/just got.

Rogue II
04-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Emperor Palpatine with Force Lightning
Death Star Trooper
Lobot (I can't remember if he is on the list for this year or not)
Mon Mothma
Ishi Tib
Captain Piett
R2-D2 wih Launching Lightsaber
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi with Lightsaber

Kidhuman
04-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Lobot (I can't remember if he is on the list for this year or not)

He is in the Bespin OTC wave, with Leia and Cloud Car Pilot

B'Omarr Monkey
04-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Biggs with aremovable helmet

Ishi Tibb -- The Jabba's palace version (Original is fine as is)

Hoth Chewie with accurate frost pattern on face hair and no wind swept hair.

R2-D2 w/launching lightsaber--though I don't know that this is even a necessary figure. To launch it without the blade, would mean everyone would lose the lightsaber handles after about one try. With the lightsaber blade, it is still inaccurate no matter how well you resculpt the body and hide the mechanisms.

Mara Jade - I liked all of these eu figures but thought she and Thrawn were a little weak. Mara's still an important part of the eu, plus she has different ouf****. Thrawn's now a minor eu character in the grand scheme of things, and there's other eu characters I'd rather see made instead.

jedimarvin
04-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Egads! I agree this should have been split up. I didn't realize so much stuff came out in 98!!!

At any rate, we had some awesome figures released this year. My favorite figures, who I think Hasbro really nailed down tight are: Ishi Tib, Darth Vader, Lak Sivrak, C-3PO, The Ewoks, Prune Face, Zuckuss and Death Star Droid. I think those were all exceptional figures and remain some of my favorites to this day. I can't see how Hasbro could improve an any of them.

That being said, there are several figures who I think could use a resculpt.

-Mon Mothma - such an important, yet minor character. She really need a better sculpt with actual legs. Maybe instead of a pointer accessory that she never held in the film, she could be an Ultra figure packed with the holographic tactical screen.

- Captain Piet - not a bad figure but it would be nice to see an updated sculpt - they can even reuse Ozzel's body for all I care.

- Bespin Luke - one of my favorite figures for quite some time and possibly still my favorite Luke figure. Since the AOTC Luke was battle damaged I don't really consider him "Bespin" since he only fits into one specific segment. I would still like to see an updated resculpt of a standard Bespin Luke.

- Death Star Trooper - I was so dissapointed with this figure. In inital pictures he looked awesome and from the neck up he still looks awesome. Unfortunatly he fell victim to a horrible running pose and a gigantic assault gun accessory. He should ahve been sculpted and articulated somewhat like the POTJ Imperial Officer. The character did do some running around in ROTJ but they never carried giant cannons.

- Leia Hoth - again, not a bad figure but Hasbro could do a better job a second time around...I also didn't like that she came with Han's blaster.

As a side note, what's the problem everybody has with the Ishi Tib figure? I thought he was one of Hasbro's best. I especially liked that they made one of the Tibs from the Rebel briefing as opposed to Jabba's Palace.

I almost forgot...Biggs!!! We really need a Biggs with removable helmet!

Rogue II
04-20-2004, 11:49 PM
He is in the Bespin OTC wave, with Leia and Cloud Car Pilot

Thanks KH. :beard: :D

I can't remember what is coming out and what is rumored now-a-days.

And Biggs with a removeable helmet would be nice as well.

vadersvette
04-21-2004, 04:40 PM
My thoughts:

Lak Sivrak-Maybe a less bulky one

Biggs Darklighter-Removeable helmet :D

Ugnaughts-New Sculpts

Death Star Trooper-Neutral posed SA

Grand Admiral Thrawn-Maybe

Kyle Katarn-The one from Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Death Star Droid with Mouse Droid

AT-AT Driver-Yes, I've been wanting a remake (like the new TIE Pilot)

R2-D2 wih Launching Lightsaber-Who doesn't want one w/o the big leg lol I think the saber should only be the handle and could just pull out like the vintage one (maybe they could make the blade attach like the Saga blades)

Emperor Palpatine-Didn't care for the Saga one

IMFETTUP
04-21-2004, 04:52 PM
AT-AT driver, boba fett (super articulated if you please), death star gunner, mon mothma, tusken raider, tonnika sisters...(oh wait, just resculpts). I would be very happy to see these.

Darth Mina
04-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Any Imperial soldier should be re-sculped we can always use more :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Okay, I'll split up the list for 1999 when we get there. Anyway here are my thoughts for 1998.

Biggs Darklighter - A new one is needed badly. Next to all the other pilots, Biggs just looks bad with his tiny visorless helmet. Maybe they could use Gold Leader's body?
Darth Vader with Removable Helmet - I like the new version of this guy, but I want a resculpt of the accessory. It could come with a Death Star II Luke and come in two parts, just like in the film.
Captain Piett - Now that we've seen Admiral Ozzel, we know what Hasbro can do with Imperial officers. Sculpt it like him, though not as fat.
Zuckuss - The old one was fine, though it was hard to find for some people. I wouldn't mind a new one, though a rerelease would work just as well.
Luke Skywalker - All New Likeness with Blast Shield Helmet - This figure was pretty much just a replacement for the He-Man first Luke. I still want one with a training remote that's shooting him and with more articulation. Also, it could come with a poncho as that one hasn't been made yet.
R2-D2 with New Features - Another R2-D2 with opening doors and stuff would be cool.
Ugnaughts - I like the old ones, but we could use some more and without the stiff arm poses.
Death Star Trooper - With more articulation and a neutral pose. It could have a Death Star work station thing.
Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty - A taller one, with a better chain. Like I said before, he could come with a new Boushh Leia and Han in Carbonite.
Death Star Droid with Mouse Droid - The DSD was nice, but I want a new MSE droid with wheels (but not as huge as the accessory set version).
Princess Leia Organa in Hoth Gear - I don't yet have the TRU pack with her resculpt so I don't know about that one, but I think a new one would be nice.
Princess Leia in Ceremonial Dress - Maybe with a little bit better sculpting and scale.
R2-D2 wih Launching Lightsaber - Like the vintage version, it could work with just turning his head and having one come up. This could work in conjunction with the New Features resculpt.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-21-2004, 11:21 PM
As a side note, what's the problem everybody has with the Ishi Tib figure? I thought he was one of Hasbro's best. I especially liked that they made one of the Tibs from the Rebel briefing as opposed to Jabba's Palace.

I liked Ishi Tibb a lot. Like Weequay, if they are going to issue a new one, I hope they give us one with a different costume as opposed to a resculpt of one they did right the first time.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty - A taller one, with a better chain.

Princess Leia Organa in Hoth Gear - I don't yet have the TRU pack with her resculpt so I don't know about that one, but I think a new one would be nice.
Princess Leia in Ceremonial Dress - Maybe with a little bit better sculpting and scale.

I forget to include this Chewie in my redo list. This is actually still my favorite Chewie. They got everything right with the fur, texture, color, etc. except for the height and the leash that could not be removed (though some pliers took care of it on the one my kids have) make him taller with a chain that can plug in, and I'm all for it.

I'm pretty sure that the Hoth Leia from the TRU set is the exact same one except with many hours spent on a tanning bed. You aren't missing anything. She's the worst figure in that set.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-28-2004, 05:16 PM
I haven't done it in a while, but here goes nothin'. And I know the title is OT, but I'll add PT figures too anyway.

There were a few more Flashback Photo figures released in 1999. This was right before the onslaught of new Episode I stuff that was released on May 3 (earlier if you were at the Celebration) and just kept coming. A new red card design was used, but it was similar to the Flashback cards. The newest pack-in was COMMTech Chips, which could be used in conjunction with the COMMTech Reader (either the store display or one you'd buy yourself) and had "real" sound bites from the films. There were also some figures from the Original Trilogy on updated, COMMTech green cards later in the summer.

1999 (Part One)
Aunt Beru
Anakin Skywalker
C-3PO with Removable Arm
Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel)
Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine)
Queen Amidala (Naboo)
Jar Jar Binks
Padmé Naberrie (Tatooine)
Darth Maul (Jedi Duel)
Battle Droid
Luke Skywalker with T-16 Model
Han Solo with Blaster and Holster
Greedo with Blaster
R2-D2 with Holographic Princess Leia
Darth Vader with Interrogation Droid
Stormtrooper with Battle Damage

That's all I'll post for now, even though they aren't exactly in order of release. There'll be at least one more 1999 list later.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-28-2004, 05:40 PM
We need a new Death Star Trooper!

The one we have now is alright but that "I tripped but I'm going to fake it off and pretend I'm starting to run" pose is pretty hideous IMO. It's kinda hard to stand up too, without propping it against something. On the other hand, I do like how the helmet comes off.

:alien:

vadersvette
04-28-2004, 06:43 PM
There's only a few I want remade:

Qui-Gon Jinn - Super Articulated w/ cloak
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Super Articulated w/ cloak
Darth Maul - Super Articulated w/ cloak
Battle Droid - maybe one that can fold up
Greedo - NO MORE GREEDOS!

B'Omarr Monkey
04-28-2004, 09:00 PM
1999 pt 1:

I think these are all really good figures and don't need to be remade at all. Darth Maul was the weakest of the bunch with his bugged eyes and pimply horns, but the recent Hall of Fame figure makes up for all its deficiencies.

I'm also not a fan of the commtech Greedo, since it only looks like Greedo when they substituted the actor with a dummy for the ignition of the pyrotechnics. The first one was a better likeness, even though it was a bit buffed up.

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Aunt Beru
Anakin Skywalker
C-3PO with Removable Arm
Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel)
Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine)
Queen Amidala (Naboo)
Jar Jar Binks
Padmé Naberrie (Tatooine)
Darth Maul (Jedi Duel)
Battle Droid
Luke Skywalker with T-16 Model
Han Solo with Blaster and Holster
Greedo with Blaster
R2-D2 with Holographic Princess Leia
Darth Vader with Interrogation Droid
Stormtrooper with Battle Damage

Beru - yes and no, want younger version from AOTC
3PO removeable Limbs - getting one I believe, otherwise no
Anakin - NO!!!!
No EP1 remakes
CT Han and Greedo HELL NO!!!
Vader w/ droid - sure
Stormy w/ battle damage - why not
R2 w/holo Leia - no(because I have one) :beard:

jedimarvin
04-29-2004, 10:09 AM
IMO, I don't think we need remakes of any of these figs. Hasbro hit it pretty close to the mark on all fo them. I'm not the biggest fan of EP I but I think Hasbro did a great job on the action figures.

I think Han and Vader were the best out of this bunch.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Anakin Skywalker - This figure is really weird. Anakin never appeared as an old man except in spirit form, which this figure sure isn't. Supposedly this was the match figure for the vintage one, but even that one had some sort of bluish glow to him. The new Spirit Obi-Wan looks great, maybe we can get an Anakin and Yoda like him too.
Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel), Darth Maul (Jedi Duel) - These characters have been done a great many times, but SA versions of them would be nice.
Battle Droid - One with bendable knees, but still able to hold the blaster with two hands and have a backpack. And, if possible, with the ability to fold up (or at least a folded figure).
R2-D2 with Holographic Princess Leia - Not a resculpt, but this guy could do for a rerelease.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Hey, I was enjoying this thread. What happened?

Deoxyribonucleic
05-10-2004, 12:01 AM
actually, I think ALL of the POTF2 figs should be resculpted because they all look like crapola compared to their resculpted counterparts (those that have been).

I sit here and look at them and wonder WHAT on earth Hasbro was thinking about the "buff" look :confused: It makes my stomach want to curl up and die!

Resculpts for all I say!

:Ogre:

Kidhuman
05-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Most all Deoxy. Figures that were background characters(Lak Sivrak) and droids(EV-9D9) dont need them. Main characters(certain ones) do need them(Bib, Gam Guard). I wouldnt want every Luke re-done, nor Han(which CT Han has been beat like a damn dead horse. They beat him so much they revived him and then killed him again)

But thats just my Opinion.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-10-2004, 12:21 PM
see Lak Sivrak is a perfect example of a figure that NEEDS a resculpt because of that awful stance they have him in. He needs the new articulation so that he can sit at the table with dice Ibegon like he did in the movie. He didn't stand with his legs apart like he was about to join a peeing contest!

IMO, I love the background characters just as much as the main ones and they are all extremely bulky and not to scale with the new sculpts that are coming out, that's why I say...

RESCULPTS FOR ALL!

:)

Kidhuman
05-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Point made, but before they go and do the background characters, they should fix most of the Main Characters like Bibsy agnd Gam Guard.

I just used Lak off the top of my head because he is one of my favorite characters. Hell I think Snaggletooth needs a resculpt. He looks like a cancer patient (no offense to anyone) with that huge head of his.

dindae
05-10-2004, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Deoxyribonucleic]see Lak Sivrak is a perfect example of a figure that NEEDS a resculpt because of that awful stance they have him in. He needs the new articulation so that he can sit at the table with dice Ibegon like he did in the movie. [QUOTE]

I don't want them to resculpt all the 5 second characters before we get the figures we still have no sculpts of. Using your example before they resculpt Lak Sivrak so he can sit down at a table with Dice Ibegon, I would like to have Dice Ibegon. :D Ultimately I not too hyped about resculpts. I do think that a most of the core characters have been resculpted excepte Han in endor trench and R5-D4. Now I'm not going to say that I'm happy with all the sculpts but before the line ends I would like a figure for every character. Now I realize that will never happen, but I was really excited at the beginning of this year with tons of new figures on the horizon Ozzel, Madine, holo Luke, Dodonna, etc. I'm hoping that Hasbro will continue pumping out the new figures after this DVD release.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-10-2004, 01:27 PM
I do agree with both of you, I guess I should make myself more clear..."eventually" I'd like to see resculpts of all of the potf2 that have not been done yet, but I would like to see first, figures that have not been made. I'd also like to see resculpts of more core characters like bib fortuna and the gam guard first as well, but I wish they'd put a hold on resculpting chewie, darth, han, luke, leia, r2, threepio, etc. for awhile to get the former done first!!

I still would like to see a resculpt though of the biker scout...he needs more articulation.

:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey, I was enjoying this thread. What happened?
Good to hear! Sorry, I guess I just got out of the groove. These won't be in order, but they're still from 1999 anyway.

1999 Part 2
Adi Gallia
Anakin Skywalker (Naboo)
Boss Nass
C-3PO
Captain Panaka
Captain Tarpals
Chancellor Valorum
Darth Maul (Tatooine)
Darth Sidious
Destroyer Droid
Gasgano
Ki-Adi Mundi
Mace Windu
Naboo Royal Security
Nute Gunray
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Naboo)
Ody Mandrell
OOM-9
Queen Amidala (Coruscant)
Qui-Gon Jinn (Naboo)
R2-D2 with Booster Rockets
Ric Olie
Rune Haako
Senator Palpatine
Watto
Yoda with Jedi Council Chair

Kidhuman
05-10-2004, 05:41 PM
None of these need to be resculpted.

bigbarada
05-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Aren't we just supposed to be listing OT figures? :confused:

Anyway, my list is simple:

ANH:
Grand Moff Tarkin
Garindan
Uncle Owen
Cantina Band Member
Imperial Gunner
Death Star Trooper

ESB:
AT-AT Driver
AT-AT Commander (aka General Veers)

ROTJ:
Barada
Gamorrean Guard
Biker Scout (super articulated)
Throne Room Duel Luke
Removable Helmet Vader (just stick the 2003 Throne Room Vader's head on the upcoming neo-Vintage Vader and the perfect Vader is born!)
Boushh's Bounty Chewie

dindae
05-11-2004, 12:06 AM
I agree with Kidhuman. The only thing I can see them doing is maybe some super articulated figures of obi, qui, and maul.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2004, 06:25 PM
BigBarada, I was going to do just OT figures in this thread and PT figures in another, but I think it's easier this way.

While the bulk of these figures are great, some could be better. Just look at the Boss Nass Episode I figure next to the POTJ figure, th difference is HUGE!

Boss Nass - One more that's sitting down would be nice.
C-3PO - I think they could make him better. With a flag, blanket, and pop-out eye, at least.
Captain Panaka - I want one with removable hat and comlink. And ascension gun.
Chancellor Valorum - This one's fine, but I want another in his other costume. And the face could be tuned up.
Darth Sidious - This one looked too young.
Destroyer Droid - The Clone Wars version came close, but the arms need to be right. Also a shield would rock.
Nute Gunray - I wouldn't say no to a taller one with a mechno-chair.
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Naboo) - The face is weak. Also it should be SA with a cloth cloak.
Qui-Gon Jinn (Naboo) - Same deal here.
Rune Haako - Same as Nute (except for the chair).
Senator Palpatine - Compared to Chancellor Palpatine from Saga, this one just sucks. Also no more "pull my finger" poses.
Yoda with Jedi Council Chair - If the scene pack one is done right - in scale, with his legs crossed. If not, screw it.