PDA

View Full Version : Vader's Helmet

dr_evazan22
04-16-2004, 08:16 AM
I know this is in the spoiler forum, but this is pure speculation... Written in white, hi lite to read...

I have been spoiler free so far, and I'm trying to stay that way. I was looking at Vader's helmet and Gen Greivious' face. It looks like Ani takes some design elements from the good Gen. I'm specifically thinking of the 2 long things on GG's cheeks that end by his mouth; comparing them to the 2 points near Vader's "mouth". Also, a small similarity in the mouth area, the metal mouth /vocabulator covering.

Another thought... If Ani is taking design elements from GG, what else is he taking from him? Ani is supposed to be super attuned to droids and mechanical systems. Maybe Ani takes some of his body, or idea's of how to build cyborg appendages (like Ani's hand) better.

This is just some speculation, pleae don't reveal any plot or story points. Thanks!

Pendo
04-16-2004, 12:09 PM
My big (an only) hope for Episode III is that Anakin is not revealed to be Vader, and General Grievous may be the key to that :).

I don't know the spoilers because I am actually still spoiler free :rolleyes:, but I've heard that spoilers suggest Anakin's identity will not be a secret :(. But From reading spoilers for Episode I and II, I know not to trust them, so there is still hope that General Grievous IS Darth Vader ;)... from a certain point of view :).

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
04-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Perhaps the beings that created Grievous are responsible for creating Vader. After all... it seems that Grievous is an organic/machine hybrid as Vader is. I think that a simultaneous "destruction" of Grievous at one locale and injury of Anakin at another would help blur the possibility of Anakin becoming Vader. I mean, it HAS been established by Uncle George (in a Hyperspace webdoc) that we will see Vader at the end of the film... so this would be a nice little trick. It would make the "I am your father" thing less obvious.

Another possibility is that Grievous is present at the location where Obi-Wan and Anakin are dueling. Perhaps, as Obi-Wan is trying to save Anakin, Grievous steps in and causes Anakin to fall. Obi-Wan may be the ultimate destroyer of Grievous. No need to tell Luke about Grievous, right? After all if Anakin hadn't turned to the Dark Side he wouldn't have found himself in that life or death situation. Of course, in the years in-between, Obi-Wan has found out that Darth Vader is actually Anakin so HE has the knowledge of Vader's true identity.

Just a thought; a ramble.

TheDarthVader
04-22-2004, 09:08 PM
I have had my own theory since AOTC. I think Wat Tambor (head of the Techno Union) is the one that helps create the Vader helmet/life support system. I think Grievous will be created with his help but not shown on screen. Grievous and the Emperor will take Anakin to the Techno Union so that he will live and can be transplanted into a life support system.

dr_evazan22
04-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Good theory TDV. I wonder if we'll see any of that either in the movie or in any EU.

Pendo
04-23-2004, 03:03 AM
I have had my own theory since AOTC. I think Wat Tambor (head of the Techno Union) is the one that helps create the Vader helmet/life support system. I think Grievous will be created with his help but not shown on screen. Grievous and the Emperor will take Anakin to the Techno Union so that he will live and can be transplanted into a life support system.
Good theory, butwho created General Grievous? I think it will be the same people who created him. There are many similarities between Grievous and Vader :).

PENDO!

dr_evazan22
04-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Pure speculation here... What if Jango's head was saved (kind of like the head's in a jar from Futurama) and Jango's head makes up the organic component of Greivous?

Again, pure specualtion there. If you've read a spoiler about Greivous' origin please DO NOT post it here.

master jedi
05-13-2004, 10:43 AM
My big (an only) hope for Episode III is that Anakin is not revealed to be Vader, and General Grievous may be the key to that :).

I don't know the spoilers because I am actually still spoiler free :rolleyes:, but I've heard that spoilers suggest Anakin's identity will not be a secret :(. But From reading spoilers for Episode I and II, I know not to trust them, so there is still hope that General Grievous IS Darth Vader ;)... from a certain point of view :).

PENDO!
How would you have Grievous be Vader? Have you even seen the original trilogy? or have you ever seen the prequel trilogy even?
In Return of the Jedi Luke even says to Vader that Vader was once Anakin Skywalker. Also, Padme is pregnant in episode 3 with Luke and Leia and Anakin is Padmes husband. Grievous may have some part in creating the life support for Anakin in which Anakin will look more like the Vader we know in the OT. Also, when Luke takes Vaders mask off in Return of the Jedi Vader is human. If Vader was Grievous he wouldn't look like that.

The story of Anakin is like the story of the Titanic; you know what happens.

stillakid
05-13-2004, 11:15 AM

They're both like a sinking ship?

;)

Pendo
05-13-2004, 12:20 PM
How would you have Grievous be Vader? Have you even seen the original trilogy? or have you ever seen the prequel trilogy even?
In Return of the Jedi Luke even says to Vader that Vader was once Anakin Skywalker. Also, Padme is pregnant in episode 3 with Luke and Leia and Anakin is Padmes husband. Grievous may have some part in creating the life support for Anakin in which Anakin will look more like the Vader we know in the OT. Also, when Luke takes Vaders mask off in Return of the Jedi Vader is human. If Vader was Grievous he wouldn't look like that.

I don't think you understand what I was saying. I KNOW Vader is Anakin, but maybe Episode III will be made in such a way that to someone who has not seen the OT they will think Vader is Greivous. This will then preserve the "I am your father surprise". This is the only thing I want from the new movie, to keep Anakin's identity a secret, and maybe Greivous is the key in keeping it a secret :).

PENDO!

Elliejabbapop
05-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Oh, be realistic:nerv: !!! Preserve the I am your father surprise?lol The only one who's still surprised is poor Luke, anyway isn't there supposed to be a scene in which Anakin litterally becomes Vader?:neutral:

dr_evazan22
05-13-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm not trying to speak for Pendo, but this thread was started commenting on the design similarities between Greivous and Vader. It is in a NO SPOILER section. So, while we know from seeing the OT that Vader is Ani, the speculation is that maybe the movie will make it ambiguous as to Vader's true identity. So, someone who hasn't seen the OT before seeing the PT might be surprised.

master jedi
05-13-2004, 02:50 PM
I don't think you understand what I was saying. I KNOW Vader is Anakin, but maybe Episode III will be made in such a way that to someone who has not seen the OT they will think Vader is Greivous. This will then preserve the "I am your father surprise". This is the only thing I want from the new movie, to keep Anakin's identity a secret, and maybe Greivous is the key in keeping it a secret :).

PENDO!

One would expect Anakin to be referred to as Darth Vader in episode 3 because that's when he goes bad. Or even something like dark lord or something that would signify Anakin being Vader. We also know that in ep. 3 Padme is pregnant and has Luke and Leia and that it will probably be made clear who they are and that Anakin is their father.
What I'd like to hear now are your thoughts on how they would go about keeping the suprise in Empire when some much foreshadowing is going to take place in ep.3.

Pendo
05-14-2004, 03:04 AM
One would expect Anakin to be referred to as Darth Vader in episode 3 because that's when he goes bad. Or even something like dark lord or something that would signify Anakin being Vader. We also know that in ep. 3 Padme is pregnant and has Luke and Leia and that it will probably be made clear who they are and that Anakin is their father.
What I'd like to hear now are your thoughts on how they would go about keeping the suprise in Empire when some much foreshadowing is going to take place in ep.3.
I don't see how Padmé having Luke and Leia will show that Anakin is Vader. It will be clear that Anakin is their father, but it doesn't need to be stated that he is Vader.

True we see Anakin turn evil and "become Vader", but that doesn't necessarily mean we will automatically know he is Vader. As long as Anakin is persumed dead, and it isn't shown him being put in the suit, then it would be easy for George to make it look like Vader is Grievous. Like my sig line, if that is an actualy quote from the Emperor, that could easily be refering to Greivous. I don't mind it being "hinted" that Anakin is Vader, just not obvious!

PENDO!

Elliejabbapop
05-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Finally you express your thoughts in a clear way!:) Personally, I don't think George will keep the surprise, maybe he thinks that people take the Anakin = Vader thing for granted.

master jedi
05-15-2004, 04:12 PM
I don't see how Padmé having Luke and Leia will show that Anakin is Vader. It will be clear that Anakin is their father, but it doesn't need to be stated that he is Vader.

True we see Anakin turn evil and "become Vader", but that doesn't necessarily mean we will automatically know he is Vader. As long as Anakin is persumed dead, and it isn't shown him being put in the suit, then it would be easy for George to make it look like Vader is Grievous. Like my sig line, if that is an actualy quote from the Emperor, that could easily be refering to Greivous. I don't mind it being "hinted" that Anakin is Vader, just not obvious!

PENDO!

I get what you're saying but until we know exactly who/what Grievous is I don't exactly understand how it can be made to look like he could possibly be made to Vader. I think this because Grievous hasn't been in ep. 1 or 2 or even mentioned in them either. If Grievous is Syfo Dias in another form then I can perfectly understand.