PDA

View Full Version : The Super Articulated Battle Droid Plan

SuperBattleDroid88
04-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Hey All! Iím back if any of yall remember meÖ havenít posted anything worth reading in a while.

Anyways, what do you all think of Hasbro producing a super articulated Battle Droid? I believe I have brought this up before in many previous posts. I want to revive the idea. Since there are super articulated clones and stormies I believe battle droids should have some of the super articulated glory. Actually a lot of the newer figures are becoming more articulated. Iím thinking ball jointed head, a neck so it can move its head back (like the newer versions) and front (Like the Episode I versions), shoulders that move outwards into a crucified position, elbows, if possible have the droid be able to rotate its wrists, ball jointed hip joints, knees, ankles. Pretty much the same as the previous super articulated figures. How bout one of each color? Thatís all I want. Iím sure these would sell since all previous battle droids are not really up to date and kind of wellÖ suck. Make them with good quality plastic (NO RUBBER WHATSOEVER), super articulated, standing ability, some way so that the droid can stand at attention and be in a combat pose, each color (Naboo, CloneWars, Blue, Red, OOM-9), and make them so their heads donít fall off so easily. I only wish this dream could become a reality. Any other suggestions or comments on this subject? Questions? Iíd appreciate anything Ė negative or positive.

Gungan Warrior
04-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah Man You Got My Vote! :d

B'Omarr Monkey
04-16-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm game, too. It would be nice if they could be folded up so they are hugging their knees to their chests like when they are unloaded onto the battle field in TPM.

Kidhuman
04-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Sure. A SA anything is nice.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Wow... I guess this idea wasn't very popular.

Silent Chazz
04-19-2004, 11:48 PM
I'd go for a SA BD. I enjoyed the Episode 1 Battle Droids better than the Saga ones because of the articulation, but the head and hips were too weird on the Ep 1 ones.

Darth Alex
04-21-2004, 04:07 PM
I'll support this, as well.

Not to be gimmicky, but what if the BD had a few variants-

-Head shot off, head "floating" on a colored plastic blast/spark effect

-Head on STRONG magnet so it could be tossed off as if sheared by a lightsaber

-Even-bottomed feet with a small magnet in each foot to connect to a different themed base for better poseablility and added support. Bases could be Naboo stone, Naboo field, TF ship deck, TF hanger, Geonosis factory assembly line, Geonosis landscape

If this was done, I'd want to see a redo on the SBD and the Droideka, as well-I want my roll-up, finally!

It would be cool to see the BD have articulated wrists, the whole shebang!

IMFETTUP
04-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I am all for it so long as I can find it! I'm with Kidhuman in that anything superarticulated is a plus!

TheDarthVader
04-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Yes. I would buy one. A lot of figures could use super articulation!!!