PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Player Busted for Hiring Hitman

Kidhuman
04-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Hockey Player Michael Danton of the ST. Louis Blues was arrested for trying to hire a hitman to kill another guy.:beard: (http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-RTO-PLS&idq=/ff/story/0002/20040416/2142948180.htm&photoid=20040416WAS100D_NONE01) <----------------- click

Rocketboy
04-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Wow, that's crazy.

James Boba Fettfield
04-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Wasn't there an NFL player who did something like this within the past few years? I think he was a Carolina Panther.

TeeEye7
04-18-2004, 02:57 AM
I guess the NHL players want to keep up with the NFL, NBA, and MLB and join the felon craze.

It doesn't suprise me: some NHL morons like to fake their injuries and carry on with theatrics (a la NBA players) to get a penalty called. Too bad, I thought the NHL still had pride and real athletes in their ranks.

Next, they'll want to go on strike....... :rolleyes:

jjreason
04-18-2004, 04:13 AM
You likely know, but there's a very good chance they won't be at work next year over the collective bargaining agreement. I agree wholeheartedly with your :rolleyes: assessment, and raise you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

The NFL player was Carolina Panther Ray Carruth, and he purportedly arranged a hit on a pregnant girlfriend. Not sure whatever came of the case though.

The team's statement basically just distanced themselves from the player, I wondered at fist if he was planning on having the Blues coach or GM whacked over his lack of ice time. :D

Rocketboy
04-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Man, bad things keep happening to the teams that get knocked out.
First this, now the Devils coach Pat Burns has colon cancer.

James Boba Fettfield
04-18-2004, 11:09 PM
The NFL player was Carolina Panther Ray Carruth, and he purportedly arranged a hit on a pregnant girlfriend. Not sure whatever came of the case though.

That's the one. I just can't keep my NFL criminals sorted anymore.

Exhaust Port
04-19-2004, 02:26 PM
What possesses some people to do something like this? There have been people in my life that I didn't really care for but to attempt to hire someone to kill them? That's a bit unsettling.

Tonysmo
04-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Carruth did have his pregnat girlfriend murdered - she was shot 5 times while she was driving. the baby survived - motherless, and fatherless - as he is in jail for the next 24 years..

While its a shame this has happened - its quite amusing, that the underlying tone, is that he was a jealous um.. lover..

so while the attempted murder for hire is what he is in trouble for, they ( all the folks in his court - agent etc.. ) are going all out to make sure he clears his name from being a jealous lover.. and being nothing more than a messed up in the head roommate..

Kidhuman
04-20-2004, 06:28 AM
I thought NHL meant...No Hiring Lowlifes. Guess not. :beard:

TeeEye7
04-20-2004, 06:47 AM
I thought NHL meant...No Hiring Lowlifes. Guess not. :beard:

No kidding! They may as well retire the Lady Byng trophy now!

Rocketboy
04-20-2004, 10:55 AM
No kidding! They may as well retire the Lady Byng trophy now!Not as long as Paul Kariya is around.

Rocketboy
04-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Carruth did have his pregnat girlfriend murdered - she was shot 5 times while she was driving. the baby survived - motherless, and fatherless - as he is in jail for the next 24 years.. Plus the kid is mentally retarded because of what happened.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-24-2004, 10:39 AM
To add another twist to the Mike Danton saga, it seems that the man he was trying to put the hit on, was his gay lover.

Danton has had some troubles in the past, including being suspended an entire year by the New Jersey Devils organization, for failing to report to the minors during the 2001-2002 season. He also mysteriously changed his last name from Mike Jefferson to Danton a few years ago.

In an interview with Danton's father, it seems his dad blamed his agent for ruining this kid's life. You wonder how much of that story is true.

Hockey, although it has nowhere near the level of felons and criminals as other professional team sports, has had it's share of lunkheads, mostly spousal abusers, like Philly's backup goaltender Sean Burke, Patrick Roy and retired hall-of-famer Denis Potvin.

kool-aid killer
04-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Ok, now the story makes sense, i remember reading about how Danton had said that the man could damage his career...revealing that he was gay would most likely do that. Though i dont know the whole story, i would feel sorry for the guy if his mate was going to blackmail him.

TeeEye7
04-26-2004, 05:55 AM
Not as long as Paul Kariya is around.

GO AVS! :)

You're right. There still may be hope. There are a few guys still around that have pride in the game, the fans, and themselves.

Exhaust Port
04-26-2004, 09:28 AM
Once again, truth is stranger than fiction.