PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Probot???

Darth Alex
04-19-2004, 02:25 PM
I've seen the rumors on other sites and since Hasbro promised around 6 new Ultra figures, this one would seem like a natural re-sculpt for them. Any one hear any rumors? I'd like to see a Probot with a clear stand-clear stem and maybe a snow-covered base. Instead of the HAZARD orange, make a red missle that doesn't seem so obvious. And if it's a re-sculpt, a nice, metallic finish with sharper, more-defined lines would be nice...

jedimarvin
04-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Sorry, I can't help you with rumors, but... That sound's awesome! I hadn't considered the Probot for a resculpt but it could deffinatly use it. I would love to see a probot with a more realistic movie-look. Just as long as he doesn't have any cheesy gimmicks like projectiles. He fired a laser int he movie, not a rocket.

Some other Ultras that I wouldn't midn seeing are:

-Han Solo w/ Carbonite block and wall section
-Biker Scout w/ Speeder Bike (in desperate need of a resculpt)
-Ewok warrior with catapult

At any rate, that would be sweet. Anybody out there hear any actual rumors about future Ultra figures??

Darth Alex
04-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Good list, I'd buy em all.
And Hasblaw, if yer listening, make the Biker Scouts/Bikes in a whole case. Just a word to the wise...

IMFETTUP
04-19-2004, 04:24 PM
New to this board, but a long time collector. I've not heard of anything proposed for this year, but I would certainly enjoy a large scale, window-boxed version of a Probot. Perhaps with a backdrop that would include a shield generator.lol This might be going out on a limb, but how 'bout an unleashed Probot with a self desruct mechanism?

Kidhuman
04-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Another great OTC Ultra would be Vader w/mediatation chamber. It was rumored but thats about it

Rocketboy
04-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Some other Ultras that I wouldn't midn seeing are:

-Han Solo w/ Carbonite block and wall sectionThat would be kinda cool, and for play/diorama value, the carbonite block could spin around to show an empty carbonite block.

Rocketboy
04-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Another great OTC Ultra would be Vader w/mediatation chamber. It was rumored but thats about itWe sorta had one - the Complete Galaxy Death Star w/ Darth Vader (with bending knees and partially removable helmet).

Darth Alex
04-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Another great OTC Ultra would be Vader w/mediatation chamber. It was rumored but thats about itThat would be great. I liked the Complete Galaxy one a lot, but a free-standing actual Ultra toy, with base to put an Imperial Officer and a GIANT Holo-Emperor head would be cool, too.

arctangent
04-20-2004, 11:20 AM
i quite like the old deluxe probe droid, even though it does have that rather pointless orange missile. i also like the way it stands nicely on its five 'feet'. i have always had a soft spot for it because it was so hard to find when it came out in the uk. and i found one :)

however, if hasbro could do a really nice, more accurate version on a clear stand then i would go for it.

don't see the need for a new han with carbonite block though. the old potf one was sitting on the shelves forever when it first came out and i always thought it was pretty good, and i like the empty block and figure that came with the card jabba's palace.

JEDIpartner
04-26-2004, 09:08 AM
A new probot would be cool. Honestly... the Ultra series could just be brilliant if they would just let their imaginations run.

arctangent
04-26-2004, 10:50 AM
A new probot would be cool. Honestly... the Ultra series could just be brilliant if they would just let their imaginations run.

or if they listened to us ;) !

Kidhuman
04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Listening to us is letting their imaginations run wild. :beard:

JEDIpartner
12-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Oh... :(

I musta forgot.

Ji'dai
12-15-2004, 04:44 PM
I really liked the way the Ultra Wampa connected with the Hoth Luke and the Bacta Chamber with FX-7. If Hasbro continues this trend, I would be more likely to buy these deluxe sets. The Probot would be a good choice, maybe include part of the sheild generator as someone mentioned or a snow base with dune, behind which a Hoth Chewie (new sculpt, sold separately) would stand.

JEDIpartner
12-16-2004, 09:46 AM
It would be nice... it was like they were using thier heads for once. I liked how that Kamino sets connected to each other...

Devo
12-18-2004, 10:09 PM
I never found the old probe droid so I definitely want a resculpt and I'll be more likely to be able to get it now that I've taken to this newfangled online shopping. As long as its nice and black and has no bright orange projectiles I'd be happy.

We do need a new Han Carbonite, more for the actual Han figure than for the block I think - the first one got the shirt wrong and the second one was a shortar*e.

I love the other suggestions people have made and I'll add my own:

Yavin4 technician with vehicle energiser (like the vintage one)
Yavin4 hangar personel carrier with driver
Echo Base personel carrier with driver (though this ideally would be a 'vehicle' rather than deluxe so they can make it big enough)

None of the above are exciting for kids but hey - to hell with kids.

Also:

Han on cloud city torture rack
Han, Luke, Chewie and R2-D2 tied up at ewok village
C-3P0 ewok throne
Wioslea with 'rapid fire' missile cannon and jetpack....wait a minute......

TheDarthVader
12-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Nice lists! The ones I would like (that are on the lists) are:

Probot
Han Torture Rack
Yavin Tech
Hoth Tech
Han Carb. Block
Tied up Luke, Han, and R2

VADER MEDITATION CHAMBER! YAY! <---isn't this supposed to be released?

B.
TDV

Slicker
12-21-2004, 03:47 PM
VADER MEDITATION CHAMBER! YAY! <---isn't this supposed to be released? He's gonna be #500. Or so the rumor goes.:D

MandalorianKid
12-21-2004, 03:49 PM
It would be nice... it was like they were using thier heads for once. I liked how that Kamino sets connected to each other...
Did u ever notice that on one of the side of the jango launcher pice theres another slot for a 4th pice??? i assume boba was originaly planned (or planned possibvly for a future line) for this set as well. what he could have done i don't know that. all i know as im still hopeing for a free flowing hair young boba and this would be a good way to do it i guess.

as for the probot i would love a retooled POTF2 one with arms that have more articulation and a different colored missle. mabey give him a little mound of snow to pop in and out of. or even better made a little transport opd that blows off from aropund it when you drop it or something.

Devo
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
He's gonna be #500. Or so the rumor goes.:D

Hopefully authentically scaled and detailed, with a viewscreen for the 'choking admiral Ozzel' scene.