PDA

View Full Version : OTC crew figures?

Darth Alex
04-20-2004, 08:51 AM
I know this may seem like a crazy idea, but who whould buy figures of George Lucas directing, camera persons shooting, and some production staff like Burnett, McCallum, Nick G(stunt/fight guy)? Of course, chairs, cameras, and production pieces, set-pieces, and props would need to be included. If you want to get insane, include backdrop Blue/Green screens.
If these were in 3 3/4" scale, next to the figures, it would kinda-of lend a surreal aspect to scene-making and toy displays:crazed: ...
What do y'all think???
I'm just saying this would be a pretty...crazy component to the vast world of the 3 3/4" figures.

Rocketboy
04-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Even though it would be the last scrape of the bottom of the barrel, I'd buy Uncle George with directing action and voice chip that say "Faster, more intense!"

I'd only buy a Rick McCallum if his nose fit perfectly in George's Butt. ;)

jedimarvin
04-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Interesting idea. I wouldn't want a line or anything, but that would make a cool exclusive. It could be a two-parter.

Scene 1: George Lucas and Mark Hammil as Luke Skywalker with director's chair, movie set section, camera and accessories for Luke.

Scene 2: Stephen Spielberg and Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones with teh above accessories.

Seriously, that would be a neat idea.

angellus
04-20-2004, 02:58 PM
I think it would be worth having a George Lucas action figure simply for the satisfaction of seeing a website like brianstoys.com run out of stock and have to say "George Lucas: SOLD OUT"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2004, 04:22 PM
I think this would be a good idea. I'd like to get some 70s and 80s people first, then from nowadays.

Both George Lucas and Rick McCallum would have hollow chins and stomachs so you could pump air into them for "Fat-Expanding Action!" :D

Kidhuman
04-20-2004, 05:03 PM
I would pass on it. WIth our luck they would be exclusive and end up costing 100 bucks on Ebay. :beard:

B'Omarr Monkey
04-20-2004, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't mind one or two screen scenes: Lucas directing for one and some of the SFX guys with a motion control Millennium Falcon, or animating the AT-ATs on a table or something, but they do not need to come with any of the cast. Don't we have enough Tatooine Lukes without getting one with one of these? Just stick your favorite Luke in the scene.

Rocketboy
04-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Or they could go with behind the scenes figures.
I remember seeing homemade versions (in an old Toyfare if memory serves) of Ahmed Best in his Jar Jar costume and Anthony Daniels holding the Threepio puppet thing. They looked pretty cool.
They could also have:
Artoo w/ removable Kenny Baker
Peter Mayhew in Chewie costume sans mask
The Jabba stand in guy from A New Hope
Old lady/Monkey Palpatine hologram

arctangent
04-21-2004, 07:11 AM
i am sure lots of people would buy george lucas et al, if only to stick pins and cast voodoo spells over for ruining the prequels ;)

angellus
04-21-2004, 10:57 AM
How about a Carrie Fisher figure, complete with a bag of cocaine accessory? Or a Frank Oz with his hand up Yoda's butt?

IMFETTUP
04-21-2004, 11:31 AM
How about a Carrie Fisher figure, complete with a bag of cocaine accessory? Or a Frank Oz with his hand up Yoda's butt?
How bout a "Where are they now" Mark Hamill figure?

Darth Alex
04-21-2004, 12:15 PM
When I decided to start this thread, I thought it would be funny, but some of the replies are priceless. And you know, if Mcfarlane made the line, the Carrie Fisher figure would have a removeable top with tape accessory(you can figure it out, I don't want to get banned)and a mirror with white powder. The Variant Fisher would have blood near her nose and a bloody tissue:speech: -I know that's really disgusting, but that's Todd "I'm gonna start making figures in a literal blood-BATH" Mcfarlane for you.
THe Frank Oz could be in a screen-scene with him lower than the "stage" so Yoda can be above it and move. OOOOH:crazed:!

angellus
04-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Some more ideas:

BASIC FIGURE ASSORTMENT:

ANTHONY DANIELS: HEAT EXHAUSTION
Features realistic sweat, hyper-ventilating action, and comes complete with gurney and sippy cup!

MARK HAMMILL: ACCIDENT RECOVERY
Features Wampa Attack face sculpt, realistic wired jaw, and comes completes with removable gauze bandages!

DAVID PROWSE: BEHIND THE WHINE
Features removable helmet with all-new David Prowse sculpt, and comes complete with an autograph pen and "I Was the REAL Darth Vader" picket sign!

SCREEN SCENES:

PURCHASE OF THE MIDGETS
Features George Lucas, Kenny Baker, Warrick Davis, and Jack Purvis, and comes complete with Director's chair and casting couch.

Turbowars
04-21-2004, 06:02 PM
How about a Carrie Fisher figure, complete with a bag of cocaine accessory? LOL, I was just going to type that. Funny ****e!lol

Kidhuman
04-21-2004, 08:38 PM

I would buy those. :beard:

B'Omarr Monkey
04-21-2004, 09:43 PM
wave 2 could move beyond the movies. We could have a playset of a disappointed collector standing in front of a pack-in accesory of a wall of empty pegs where the SW toys should be.

Another set could have a scalper held together at the waist with magnets (like Darth Maul) who can be hacked in 1/2 by the collector. Comes with scalpers bag of cash, computer w/ebay screen and box of carded SA clonetroopers.

Rocketboy
04-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Wave 3 could be based on the time Triumph went to the Episode 2 premiere.
Soooo many possibilities...

for me to poop on.
(Sorry, had to say it)

Darth Alex
04-22-2004, 08:18 AM
How about a Screen scene-type playset with Triumph making fun of people standing in line for TPM with sound effects and dialogue about "super-nerds"?
Personally, I don't need a set of disappointed collectors standing in front of empty pegs. I commissioned a local artist to render a wall sized painting of a 2004 Walmart toy aisle so I can hang my head in shame in front of it every single day.

I'm kidding, just kidding.