PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Countdown!!!

GNT
12-14-2001, 12:14 AM
After checking my calendar and working out how much longer to go until Attack Of The Clones opens, I calculated we have:

153 days to go!!!!!!!

thoughts?

This thread will be updated with how many days to go every so often so that you'll know how much longer we have to go :)

Co Jo-Da
12-14-2001, 12:34 AM
Lords of the Rings opens in 6 days. SpiderMan opens on May 3rd. But nothing comes close to STAR WARS EPISODE II ATACK OF THE CLONES coming to a theather near you May 17, 2002. Man I can't wait to be in line for tickets and I can't wait to dawn my Jedi gear and see the movie in style.

THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD ! ! ! ! !

SirSteve
12-14-2001, 01:37 AM
That is correct. We have had a countdown timer on our home page for months now.

:)

Jargo
12-14-2001, 06:20 AM
Yeah, is right. As a regular visitor GNT how could you have forgotten this fact? does this mean you never visit the main page? TSK TSK TSK! how very remiss of you.... :p

I was actually quite surprised at how close it was and how small the number of days seems when I looked the other day. I remember looking at the countdown not so long ago and thinking it seemed like years to go. Oh well, this is one more day to chalk on the wall....:D

Wolfwood319
12-14-2001, 07:18 AM
This time around I don't plan on waiting in line to get tickets, I'm not going to go to a midnight showing, I'm probably gonna wait a few days and see it then. Avoid the crowds, and probably see it the following week on a Tuesday or something. Last time around it was nice, but more trouble than it was worth.

Plus I want to hear what friends, collegues, and critics say about the movie first. I don't go to movies that often on their opening night, or weekend for that matter. I hate crowded theaters.

bigbarada
12-14-2001, 08:33 AM
5 more days until LOTR!

Yeah, I might catch Ep2 when it comes out in the theatres; but I'm thinking of just waiting for it on video. ;)

Rollo Tomassi
12-14-2001, 09:35 AM
Y'know Wolfwood, there's a place where you can watch movies without ANY audience. It's called your living room. Seeing a film with an audience is part of the enjoyment of a theatre.

Jargo
12-14-2001, 06:34 PM
Um, no. that would be seeing the movie in twenty foot high gloriousness. I'm all for visiting an empty cinema to watch a movie when there's no kids screaming or popcorn being tipped down the back of my neck etc. Peace and quiet from the auditorium so i can hear the words and as I say big big pictures flashing in front of me on the silver screen. :) Cinemas for one all round I say.... ;)

GNT
12-14-2001, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
That is correct. We have had a countdown timer on our home page for months now.

Yeah, is right. As a regular visitor GNT how could you have forgotten this fact? does this mean you never visit the main page?

I knew we had one at some point a while ago but then it disappeared from the top? Everything loads for me on the front page except for a long box under "Archived News" at the bottom of the page :(

I totally agree with you EMPEROR JARGO,It doesnt seem that long to go now,I cant wait either :)

152 days to go!!!!!!!

kit fristo
12-15-2001, 03:03 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
HEY HEY HEY.

THE KIT HERE.

WELL WELL WELL I CAOME FROM THE LAND DOWN UNDER AND WE HET
STARWARS EPISODE 2 ATTACK OF THE CLONES
ON THE 16 OF MAY!!

ONE WHOLE DAY B4 YOUS

SUCKERS
LOL

THE KIT

mylow thehutt
12-15-2001, 04:37 PM
:Pirate: Sucker huh....A..A.. I mean lucky you:frus:

:) :) :) see i'm not jeulios:) :) :) :) :mad: :)

GNT
12-15-2001, 08:13 PM
Anything can happen,kit fristo it might be moved a day forward in the US!

151 days to go!!!!!!!

Today The Private Universe Revealed the Tusken Mother and child figure and is only online for 48 hours!

Co Jo-Da
12-15-2001, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by GNT
Today The Private Universe Revealed the Tusken Mother and child figure and is only online for 48 hours!

What figures, where, who...

GNT
12-15-2001, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
What figures, where, who...

What Figure?

The picture of the Tusken Mother with Child on her back,sweet figure!

where?

Over at The Private Universe,not sure of the address though!

I'll attach the image for you :)

Co Jo-Da
12-16-2001, 12:37 AM
And to think Ani goes off and kills her, HEHEHEHE...:crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
12-16-2001, 02:02 AM
ACK! GNT and his infernal bmps...:( :mad:

We get AOTC on the 15th guys. Sorry, that's one day before YOU!:p ;)

GNT
12-17-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

149 days to go!!!!!!!

Sorry Rollo,If you want it send me an email instead :) :p

chewbacca71
12-18-2001, 07:42 PM

We get AOTC on the 15th guys. Sorry, that's one day before YOU!:p ;)

Is it really a day ahead or at the exact same time, but technically a different day? Not up to date on my date/time line. :confused:

Wolfwood319
12-18-2001, 08:56 PM
T minus 3 hours and counting...

Oh wait, this is a AOTC countdown, nevermind.:sur:

GNT
12-19-2001, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by chewbacca71
Is it really a day ahead or at the exact same time, but technically a different day? Not up to date on my date/time line. :confused:

When it hits 12 midnight in the US it'll be about 5-6pm here(18 or so hours infront of the US), So it'll be out in OZ for 18hours before its released in the US

148 days to go!!!!!!!

GNT
12-19-2001, 10:40 PM
147 days to go!!!!!!!

kit fristo
12-20-2001, 12:50 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
you tell them GNT
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JediTricks
12-20-2001, 09:52 AM
This definitely smacks of post padding, if a real discussion doesn't appear on this thread instead of the next "___ days to go" type post, this thread will be closed.

Rollo Tomassi
12-20-2001, 10:00 AM
It's hard to believe the big day is only 146 days away...Remember how lonnnnnng ago Episode I came out. and we were all thinking "2002?!!? But that's so faaaar!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: " and now here it is and May is almost upon us and then it will be here and then we'll have to wait until 2005!!!:dead:

Jargo
12-20-2001, 11:10 AM
I'm glad I'm not a twelve year old anymore. I remember everything seemed to go so slowly back then. Waiting for xmas and birthdays was like a drawn out execution! Now that I'm all growed up the years fly by like meteors on speed and before I know where I am I'm another year older and still none the wiser. thankfully this year has been no different and I'm looking forward to experiencing the wonders of a new movie from Mr' Lucas - ooh sometime next week.....:D

How fast has this year gone for the rest of you - waiting eagerly like little puppies for the treat to fall at your feet?

Wolfwood319
12-20-2001, 11:35 AM
Well, ever since I've started college, the weeks and months fly. I don't gauge my life's relative speed based solely on how long until a particular movie comes out.

I'm sorry to say this, but I have more going on in my life then to sit around and count the days until AOTC comes out. (Not that any of you do that:D )

Co Jo-Da
12-20-2001, 11:39 AM
Now with LotR out, sights are now focusing in on AotC. MAN I CAN'T WAIT AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT...

bigbarada
12-20-2001, 11:47 AM
Only 363 days left!!:D

2000 and 2001 seemed to fly by for me. Even though I was stationed in a foreign country for the entire year of 2000 and time seemed to stop while I was over there.

2001 will be one of those years that the history books will never let us forget.

Wolfwood319
12-20-2001, 12:20 PM
727 days left!

AOTC will be a nice break between FOTR and TT. Does Spider-Man come out the week befor or week after AOTC? There pretty close together, if I remember correctly.

DARTH DUBIOUS
12-20-2001, 03:12 PM
147 days... Is it really only that short a distance? it feels longer. It feels like we've been waiting for years and years. I'm hoping to get to the first showing but the episode one premiere booked out so fast i didn't stand a chance in hell of getting a ticket.maybe this time i'll get lucky.
I'm starting to get impatient though. can't wait to sit and just let it all wash over me like a big tidal wave of adventure.i alweays feel about six years old when I watch the movies. Nothing can distract me from any of the details so I'm really looking forward to this one as it seems to have so much crammed into such a tiny time span. Two and a half hours of WOW! I'm fidgeting with excitement already! :D

GNT
12-20-2001, 08:07 PM
146 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News: The official Website and Hasbros site picture the new R4-M9™ from the end line of POTJ(Or binning of the new "Star Wars" line on Blue cards?) its the first time ever produced an Astromech Droid has a hexagonal head

R4-M9™ was used to scan the Rebel Blockade Runner Tantive IV™ for the Death Star plans in A New Hope. R4-M9 has a light pipe in his head that glows when held up to light. He also has a clicker in his head. R4-M9 is articulated at the head, legs and anklesd comes with a Death Star mouse droid.

Only a sign of things to come :)

Fulit
12-20-2001, 08:17 PM
Ok, now tell me how many days until Episode 3.

GNT
12-20-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Ok, now tell me how many days until Episode 3.

Episode 3 should be out in 1237 days :)

Fulit
12-20-2001, 08:26 PM
Now that I see the actual number, I have to ask myself, did I really want to know that? So far away.......

GNT
12-20-2001, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Now that I see the actual number, I have to ask myself, did I really want to know that? So far away.......

It should be out in "around" that many days,Long wait :)

Rollo Tomassi
12-20-2001, 11:00 PM
I live my life from movie to movie:

Black Hawk Down
Spider-man
AOTC
Minority Report
Harry Potter II
Two Towers
Matrix II
Terminator III
X2
Matrix III
Return Of the King
Episode III: The New Order

Plus what ever other minor movies are coming out in the next few years...

GNT
12-21-2001, 09:29 PM
145 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-Starwars.com is hinting that a Jedi by the name of "Aayla Secura" will be in AOTC.

She first appeared in the "Twilight" story arc of the ongoing series, by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema.

Check out the article here (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/12/news20011220.html)

GNT
12-22-2001, 09:02 PM
144 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-The Offical Website has a cartoon called "Holiday At The Fetts' It shows us where Boba got his Jetpack from,etc. it has its moments :)

Galaxys best dad - Jangos coffee cup
Boba sleeping with a plush chewbacca doll

go watch it if you can :)

Fulit
12-22-2001, 11:22 PM
Now theres a holiday related 'toon I can get behind! You gotta love how Jango lit the fireplace. In his mere robe, no doubt.

GNT
12-23-2001, 08:30 PM
143 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-No news today(so far) but that music from the "Holiday At The Fetts'" is sure annoying it does have its good points and I plan to haver a petition started for a Jango and Boba cartoon figure :)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-24-2001, 06:20 PM
So... as I try to get some DISCUSSION going in this thread, what do you plan to be doing once it's less than 142 days to go? Like, about a month to a week before? The day of? In list (LIST!!!! :happy: ) form:

1) What would be your dream activity?
2) What's more likely your relaistic activity?
3) What's the thing(s) standing in your way from these options?

For me-
1) Having the day off and able to stand in line at 6am for the 8:30am showing, like I did for TPM, with at least 2 of my best SW friends, in a NEW costume, with no spoilers having wrecked the suspense.
2) Seeing it about 4:30pm by myself. :cry:
3) Work and the lack of funds.

Others?

Co Jo-Da
12-24-2001, 08:27 PM
I live my life from movie to movie:

Black Hawk Down
Spider-man
AOTC
Minority Report
Harry Potter II
Two Towers
Matrix II
Terminator III
X2
Matrix III
Return Of the King
Episode III: The New Order

Plus what ever other minor movies are coming out in the next few years...

Man, I can't agree with you anymore Rollo...It's a good time to be a movie buff...

Jargo
12-25-2001, 08:34 AM
Equally trying to get this back into shape and form some kind of topic...

1) What would be your dream activity?

Finding that I'm the only person going to see the movie and that there is no queue. :D

2) What's more likely your realistic activity?

Avoiding the theater completely and feeling miserable because I'm missing the premiere showing. :(

3) What's the thing(s) standing in your way from these options?

I'm claustrophobic and get panicky in crowds. sitting in a crowded theater with sweaty morons who talk through the whole movie and try to squeeze in or out the door all at the same time would bring on a panic attack and I would end up being arrested for physically damaging other people in my efforts to escape the crowd. (As you can guess, I'm the life and soul of a party... :rolleyes: )

GNT
12-25-2001, 07:34 PM
141 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:- The force.net had more AOTC figure pictures,which include Padme(arena Battle),Yellow Astromech droid and the reek :)

GNT
12-26-2001, 08:42 PM
140 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-The Pictures of the action figures posted have been taken down :(

GNT
12-28-2001, 12:40 AM
139 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-CSW reveals the text from the back of the Box/card of figures:

Ten years after the fight to save Naboo from invasion, the galaxy is on the brink of civil war. Under the leadership of a renegade Jedi, hundreds of solar systems threaten to secede from the Galactic Republic. A courageous Jedi master, his troubled apprentice and a queen turned senator are drawn into the heart of the conflict... and the beginning of war.

Co Jo-Da
12-28-2001, 10:43 AM
WOW, GNT that is awesome and it gives a hint at what the opening scroll could be like...

Jargo
12-28-2001, 05:44 PM
CSW didn't reveal it, the other site did. It was already old news before CSW posted it. :happy:

There's still no discussion here folks. I feel another kind of countdown has begun. capiche? :dead:

So - is anyone going to create a costume for the opening of the movie? I won't be but that's because if I turned up to a warner cinema here in the UK wearing some kind of costume I'd be refused entry and get called a nut case. I know it's a big thing for some of you and Bel-Cam Jos is quite keen on dressing up (seen his pic? :crazed: ) so what are you lot planning for the first showing of the movie? :stupid:

GNT
12-28-2001, 07:59 PM
138 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-Lucasfilm terminates Decipher's Star Wars License so I guess they wont be making any Star Wars,Attack of the clones cards :(

costume you say? I might make make a Jango suit but I only have a 138 days to make it,probably not enough time :(

Wheres Bel-Cam Jos picture?

Jargo
12-28-2001, 08:26 PM
Bel-Cam's pic is in his profile :rolleyes: or just click the little camera next to his user name on any of his posts.

Surely such a frequent visitor and valuable contributor such as yourself would know where to find a users picture GNT? :p

GNT
12-28-2001, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Surely such a frequent visitor and valuable contributor such as yourself would know where to find a users picture GNT? :p

Um... I knew that,I was testing you! :rolleyes: :cool:

Co Jo-Da
12-29-2001, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
So - is anyone going to create a costume for the opening of the movie? I won't be but that's because if I turned up to a warner cinema here in the UK wearing some kind of costume I'd be refused entry and get called a nut case.

When Episode I came out, I seriously felt out of place because I wasn't dressed up. Everywhere I looked there was Liea or Luke or Stormtroopers walking and waiting to get in. So I looking around and found a cool place that makes great Jedi Costome's (www.knightrobes.com).

Now when Mid-Night Madness hits and I'm again waiting in line for Attack of the Clones, I won't feel out of place one little bit but than again I could be the only one dressed up and you know what I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS.

I"M A JEDI AND I WILL WEAR MY ROBES ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

GNT
12-30-2001, 12:54 AM
137 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-The great Gooney Bird reveals box pictures of Anakins Lightsaber which can be seen here (http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=172364)

GNT
12-30-2001, 09:04 PM
136 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:- No news as of yet :( But the last countdown date for this year(Aussie time) :)

When I go to see AOTC i will be wearing my "star wars" pin because I wore it to the Special editions,TPM first screening and midnight madness sale :) It means alot to me :)

kit fristo
12-30-2001, 09:08 PM
CAN YOU FEEL IT GNT 2002 THE YEAR OF EPISODE 2 IS NEARLY UPON US...

GNT
12-30-2001, 09:18 PM
Well kit fristo ,the only thing I can feel is my wallet shrinking in size in May :(

kit fristo
12-30-2001, 09:24 PM
GNT MY MUM CAN FEEL that TOO.
lol.:D :D :D

GNT
12-30-2001, 09:28 PM
So does she buy all the figures for you?Don't you have a job?

kit fristo
12-30-2001, 09:49 PM
dude iam only 14 and 3 months people have to by at least 14 and 9 months.....

GNT
12-30-2001, 09:58 PM
You could always wash your mothers car and get $10 from her for doing the job

A picture of the Jango Fett figure has leaked check out the details here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2607)

GNT
12-31-2001, 09:39 PM
135 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:- A picture of the Jango Fett figure has emerged on sandtroopers.com (http://www.sandtroopers.com) and like most of the AOTC figures we've seen his in a stupid pose! :mad:

Wolfwood319
12-31-2001, 11:56 PM
I'm really not the type to dress up. I didn't dress up for the SE or TPM, and I didn't go to "Midnight Madness" shopping. "Round here, you could get the snot kicked out of you, if your caught walking around town in some wierd costume. Most people I saw didn't wear costumes to the midnight showings, a select few did, though.

Does Lucasfilm have a very strict policy on how many screens a theatre can show AOTC at the midnight showing?

I only ask because when I went to see LOTR at midnight, the Loews theater here opened as many screens as needed to accomodate all the people who wanted to see it at midnight. I think they ended up having it on 12 screens, and you could go to any screen you wanted after you got your ticket. It was kind of like a free for all.

Has anybody else noticed that Spider-man and AOTC are coming out within 2 weeks of each other?

bigbarada
01-01-2002, 01:44 AM
353 days left!!!:D

I noticed the Spider-Man/Ep2 thing too; but I don't see Spider-Man being a really big threat to Ep2 sales.

Wolfwood319
01-01-2002, 02:48 PM
I think it might be actually. To the casual movie-going 14-25 year old male. Not a star wars fan, nor a spider-man fan, but what would he rather see? A sequel to a movie that wasn't very good (by most people) or a Raimi flick? I'd go with Raimi's take on the 'ole web slinger, personally.

The 2 week buffer might prevent to drastic a drop off, but I really don't see that many people going to see AOTC. With E1, everyone saw just because it was the "new" SW movie. Now, for the casual movie-going audience, they'd rather see something different, and leave SW as more of a rental.

Also, I heard a rumor that sometime in February, there going to add a trailer for TT at the end of FOTR's credits in theaters, anyone else hear this? Kind of like Pixar's outtakes they put into there theatrical releases a few months after the movies been out.

GNT
01-01-2002, 09:35 PM
134 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:- None,Every Star Wars fan would be still waiting in lines for AOTC when Spiderman is released so SM might not get as much because os AOTC a week or so after it?

Sith Worm
01-01-2002, 09:58 PM
Well well boys, here we are after the release of FOTR, and can't wait for TTT in 2002, then Epi. II in 2002, then ROTK in 2003, and last Epi. III 2005 Alas Star wars was first and after LOTRs is gone it will be last, no matter what happens Star Wars will be first and last in my heart. although LOTRs is great and have seen it 5 times. I will see II far more and at 12:00 a.m. with the theater full of Jedi Junkies thst can never get enough, just like me...

GNT
01-01-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Sith Worm
Well well boys, here we are after the release of FOTR, and can't wait for TTT in 2002, then Epi. II in 2002, then ROTK in 2003, and last Epi. III 2005 Alas Star wars was first and after LOTRs is gone it will be last, no matter what happens Star Wars will be first and last in my heart. although LOTRs is great and have seen it 5 times. I will see II far more and at 12:00 a.m. with the theater full of Jedi Junkies thst can never get enough, just like me...

You do know that FOTR was written way before A New Hope?

2-1B
01-01-2002, 11:54 PM
I think he is just referring to the cinematic existence of LOTR, not the books . . .

GNT
01-02-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I think he is just referring to the cinematic existence of LOTR, not the books . . .

he couldmean that :rolleyes:

jedibear
01-02-2002, 02:26 AM
wolfwood319 sez...

The 2 week buffer might prevent to drastic a drop off, but I really don't see that many people going to see AOTC. With E1, everyone saw just because it was the "new" SW movie. Now, for the casual movie-going audience, they'd rather see something different, and leave SW as more of a rental.

woo-boy...I couldn't disagree more. First of all, I just love it when people keep intimating that Episode One wasn't popular or very good. I guess all those people (myself included) that ran out and bought the DVD (after having already seen it in the theatres and more than likely having bought the videotape) are just going to sit home this May....sigh.

But seriously, you can bet the Sony will follow the now-standard procedure of opening Spider Man on as many screens as they can that first week so they can get as much bang for their buck as possible. It's a good bet that most thestres will feature the new trailer for AOTC on the front of it (as well as Sony's other big summer product, MIB2) which will further whet an already rabid fan base's appetite for AOTC. New Line will no doubt have a teaser for Two Towers ready by then as well (saving the really big trailer for AP: Goldmember).

Instead of getting behind all this "whose better than who" stuff, I'd rather just enjoy this great period we're having of so many fantasy/sci-fi/adventure movies...

I can't wait to see 'em all!

Wolfwood319
01-02-2002, 01:06 PM
Im going to see all those movies, I was just discussing the habits of the casual movie-goers and what I predict what will happen.

Star Wars fans are going to go see AOTC, other people probably won't. I'm talking about the senior citizens, middle-aged women, and so forth. They were the ones who went to see E1 because of all the hype, and then said how bad it was. You think there going to spend $8 to see a sequel to a movie that they didn't like? I think not.

Even GL himself said that the movies will make less than the previous one. E1 will have made the most, and E3 will have made the least.

To sit here and talk about SW blindly from a rabid, die hard fan's p.o.v. and not look at the big, realistic picture is just pure ignorance. (I'm not referring to everyone, just that person who disagreed with me.)

I have no problem with people seeing AOTC, I myself will see it a few times (probably), and I'm not saying "who's better than who," I'm just stating facts. The casual movie-goer will not have a big demand of AOTC, just because SW fans swear by it, doesn't mean the rest of the world will too.

GNT
01-03-2002, 05:06 AM
133 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-Small pictures of the Shaak Ti figure have emerged and can be seenhere (http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=157067&article=1256) and rumor has it NSync are in AOTC :(

Jek Porky 2002
01-03-2002, 07:47 AM
19 Weeks today until the Release of Attack Of The Clones!
Yey!

GNT
01-03-2002, 09:44 PM
132 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:-Pictures have found their way to the net,they feature Jedi Knights and that in several poses,click here (http://starwars.gamigo.de/member/tai-zec/sidious/) to view them :)

GNT
01-04-2002, 10:59 PM
131 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:- Thanks to the "Gooney Bird",he posted 14 pictures of the upcoming AOTC figure line,pictures range from Plo Koon to Kit Fisto to a full picture of Shaak Ti,they can be seen here (http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=173871)

Boxed Pictures of the Jedi Fighter have also emerged!

GNT
01-05-2002, 12:15 AM
It sure is :)

GNT
01-05-2002, 08:59 PM
130 days to go!!!!!!!

Todays News:- the pictures of the toys still remain available on Gooneys page so if you haven't seen them,check them out :)

A couple of people by the name of Jeff Tweiten and John Guth of Seattle, WA have already lined up for the release of AOTC in May,with 130 days to go do they have what it takes to survive on the streets? ;) check out the article about it here (http://fanforce.net/news.shtml)