PDA

View Full Version : Lucas to change Emperor Scene in ESB- Putting in Palpy!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-21-2004, 12:47 PM
I saw this on movie poop shoot and thought i'd post it. I can't say i didn't suspect this and overall, i guess i like it as that's one thing that it is one thing that always irked me. This could be a fake, but who knows? anyway, complain away!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
04-21-2004, 12:49 PM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=320301&postcount=129

Haven't heard too much follow up on it since its appearance. Quite a few people call out fake, though.

scruffziller
04-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Yea that new Palpy doesn't even look like Ian McDirmand.:rolleyes:

bobafett07728
04-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Yea that new Palpy doesn't even look like Ian McDirmand.:rolleyes:

I agree. If he was going to redo it (and he should), it would be silly not to use McDiarmid. If he doesn't do it right, I'd rather he didn't do anything at all. :(

With our luck he will just digitally add a few shots of Holo Sidious from Episode I, and try to pass it off as "NEW" Emperor scenes. :rolleyes:

hango fett
04-21-2004, 02:11 PM
that is most assuredly a fake. looks nothing like him. if ole georgy wants to change it, he had better do it right before we all riot at the skywalker ranch.
HF

Droid
04-21-2004, 02:47 PM
That picture looks very fake to me. However, I have wanted Lucas to fix the Emperor in Empire since the Special Edition was announced. I hate recasting, especially in Star Wars. I used to justify that the Emperor was different in between Empire and Jedi by saying time had passed or that the transmission was modified so that no one could discover the Emperor was a force user (which I assumed before the prequels were made was a secret - Tarkin said, "You are all that is left of their religion) However, now that Palpatine/Sidious has been consistent through the prequels it makes no sense to have a different actor in Empire and then have the correct actor "return" for Jedi. He really just would have to change the voiceover, though I would rather than put in the holographic Sidious we were shown in the prequels.

FIX IT LUCAS!

Pendo
04-21-2004, 05:50 PM
It's afake! The dude who is "suposedly" Palpy I have deffinatly seen in a different movie. I can picture him in my head, but I can't think for the life of me what movie. Is it Freddy Kruger???

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Well I'd obviously like for them to change this part, though this one looks bad. Hopefully it's fake (and it looks that way).

Pendo, I don't think it's Freddy Krueger, but please tell us if you find out who it is!

TheDarthVader
04-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Dang! And I thought they were really going to change this for the DVD release. Oh well. I am still hoping that Lucas will put in someone other than the "monkey woman" to do the scene. My speculation......HE PROBABLY WILL LEAVE IT ALONE. :(

Kidhuman
04-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Why doesnt he leave it be. Honestly, all these changes taking place, I wish I seen the place, but no ones ever taken me....sorry drifted.

He is making all these changes to movies that have been fine for years. If he wants to change something, take out all the crap he put into them and give us the original.

arctangent
04-23-2004, 09:02 AM
I used to justify that the Emperor was different in between Empire and Jedi by saying time had passed or that the transmission was modified so that no one could discover the Emperor was a force user (which I assumed before the prequels were made was a secret - Tarkin said, "You are all that is left of their religion)

actually i think tarkin was referring to the jedi, not force users in general. darth sideous/the emperor was never a jedi so he doesn't count.

i really don't see why they should bother to redo this scene. its only short and the empror's face only appears as a hologram. it looks a bit different from when we see the emperor in rotj but its not really a big deal. we have lived with it for twenty odd years so i don't see why we can't go on living with it.

and can anyone REALLY say that having a monkey faced woman for an emperor REALLY spoils the film for them? no, thought not.

frankly, all the rumours about bit that are going to be fixed/changed in the ot is starting to get tedious :zzz: . i'm with kh - just let them be and put them out as they are.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-23-2004, 09:13 AM
It's afake! The dude who is "suposedly" Palpy I have deffinatly seen in a different movie. I can picture him in my head, but I can't think for the life of me what movie. Is it Freddy Kruger???

PENDO!
If anyone remembers the "spoiler" pics leaked a few months ago with the charred Anakin pic and the Palpy "make-up" test along with the baby pics, thats the face from the "make-up" test. If anyone has that pic, look at it and you will see.

Pendo
04-24-2004, 11:34 AM
Well perhaps the Palpy make-up test was not for Episode III, but for the scene in Episode V... I did not think Palpy would be looking that old in Episoe III.

I'm still pretty sure it is a fake though, but that could be where I have seen the face before :).

PENDO!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Why doesnt he leave it be. Honestly, all these changes taking place, I wish I seen the place, but no ones ever taken me....sorry drifted.

I just want to scream, "hello", my God, it's been so long, never dreamed you'd return, but now here- dammit...you got me digressing as well, KH. :crazed:

These could be fake, but i think that maybe once we get closer to the release date, we'll get more definite info. Now that you mention it Pendo, it wouldn't look that old in Episode III, so we'll have to see!!! :D

2-1B
04-25-2004, 02:26 AM
I think they should overdub the ESB Emperor with McDiarmid's voice and leave the visual part alone.

No offense to Clive Revill because he gives a great voice to Palps but in light of the additional work of McDiarmid in the saga, I think they should tighten this up a bit.

Kidhuman
04-25-2004, 09:34 AM
That would work for me Caesar. Just a quick dub and its good to go. :beard: