PDA

View Full Version : I'm spicy! The funniest commercial of all time!!

El Chuxter
04-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Who's seen the new Burger King commercial where the intern guy squeals, "I'm SPICY!!"? I saw this about five times on TV yesterday, and it just doesn't get old.

"What's that?"
"It's my new catch phrase!"
"You can't make up a catch phrase! It's like making up a nickname."

Truly worthy of a million :beard:s.

Okay, if you disagree, then what's the funniest commercial ever? (I have a feeling those who disagree will cite the classic "Moove Over Butter" commercials.)

evenflow
04-21-2004, 02:55 PM
It's funny, but i wouldnt say the best. My favorite par tof the commercial is def. the end when he says its still aweful when he trys again.

JediTricks
04-21-2004, 06:05 PM
I didn't really find it all that funny. However, Burger King has another ad, this one on the web, that is truly bizarre and hilarious: www.subserviantchicken.com (requires Flash 6 or higher, but worth it, it even works on my dialup)

BoShek
04-21-2004, 10:45 PM
I am glad someone thought it was funny. :p

The part where they say you can't make up your nickname is straight from Seinfeld.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2004, 04:43 PM
I love the "I'm SPICY!" commercial, it's so dang funny. What are some other phrases to command the web chicken? I said fly, jump, cluck, and sandwich, but I couldn't think of any others.

Another commercial I love is for Six Flags. It's where that old guy gets off the bus, then music starts playing and he dances, it's hilarious. Even though they make Six Flags look a lot more fun than it really is. :D

bobafett07728
04-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Yes. . . very funny. . . especially the end. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
04-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Peck is one too, it starts pecking at the tv and the couch...odd!

lay eggs is another...

scruffziller
04-22-2004, 06:01 PM
The one that is funny is the one with the nerdy looking guy sniffing the hot girl's wrapper. The innuendo that commercial constitutes, I have worked with people that got into trouble for sexual harrasment from doing very similar things.:D

No, the people that had the funniest commercials ever were LITTLE CEASER'S pizza.:D

Kidhuman
04-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Yes a hilarious commercial but not the best of all time. That dubious distinction belongs to the Sun-Fizz sprite commercial, followe dby the Michael Buffer Sportscenter one. :beard:

Rogue II
04-23-2004, 01:00 AM
I usually find the Sportscenter commercials funny. WHAT RHYMES WITH GAGNE!?!?!?!?

Also, there are those hotel ads with the guys celebrating cinamon rolls. Well, it was funny the first time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-23-2004, 11:46 AM
I saw a new "I'm SPICY" as yesterday. It was okay, but not as good as the other one. It even uses some of the other footage.

The guy says, "Spicy! I'm SPICY! It's my new catchphrase." The woman then says, "You have to own it. (In a sexy voice) I'm spicy!" The guy does it like her, and the man on the left said "That's creepy."

El Chuxter
04-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I was about to comment on that, JabbaJohnL. :beard:

The Little Caesars commercials were great, especially the one where he runs around, knocking on doors and saying, "Thank you, thank you!"

"Woo! A gladiator!!"

Another candidate for best of all time would be the 7-Up commercial with the Orlando Jones wannabe and the bear in the mountain stream. "I thought you only did that in the woods!!"

Anyone seen the supposedly banned (haven't confirmed this fact) commercial for a salmon company with a dude beating up a bear to steal his fish? Something about those bears: they tend to make everything better. :Pirate:

James Boba Fettfield
04-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I always liked that SmartBeep commercial about the blind date.

"We got chemistry here, you feel it?"

"I felt it!"

"All right, Janice!"

Sadly, the commercial was removed from the airwaves because of its low brow humor. Oh well . . .

EDIT-And Chux, that commercial you're talking about is from John West. They have one for their tuna that features a shark, but no fighting.

Dr Zoltar
04-23-2004, 01:19 PM
A little bit of trivia for you on those Spicy BK commercials –

The tall skinny guy with a receding hairline is Joel McHale, a Seattle comedian. He used to be on a local comedy show called “Almost Live.” Nice guy. Met him once at a charity event and got my photo with him.

If you watch TV a lot, he’s been showing up in a ton of commercials lately. Another one is for IHOP where he’s the dad driving the minivan.

Ohhh, for a minute there I felt like Cliff Claven...

evenflow
04-23-2004, 02:28 PM
I saw a new "I'm SPICY" as yesterday. It was okay, but not as good as the other one. It even uses some of the other footage.

The guy says, "Spicy! I'm SPICY! It's my new catchphrase." The woman then says, "You have to own it. (In a sexy voice) I'm spicy!" The guy does it like her, and the man on the left said "That's creepy."

That sounds funnier than the first one, not sure how it plays out on camera though.

Exhaust Port
04-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I always liked that SmartBeep commercial about the blind date.

"We got chemistry here, you feel it?"

"I felt it!"

"All right, Janice!"

Sadly, the commercial was removed from the airwaves because of its low brow humor. Oh well . . .

EDIT-And Chux, that commercial you're talking about is from John West. They have one for their tuna that features a shark, but no fighting.
This commerical is hysterical!!!

http://www.thatwasrandom.com/video/blinddate.php

I felt it!!

James Boba Fettfield
04-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Hahahahaha!! Thanks EP, that commercial still remains funny to this day!

:beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: 's for you!

dr_evazan22
04-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I love that one! At least it didn't stink!

Another new one I like is the Sprint one with the guy dressed up as a sock bandit, stealing socks out of the dryer. Lady walks in and tries to get a pic with a phone camera. Sock guy is standing there shaking his money maker. Then Sprint guy hands the lady a Sprint phone. Love the sock guy.

JediTricks
04-23-2004, 11:15 PM
What are some other phrases to command the web chicken? I said fly, jump, cluck, and sandwich, but I couldn't think of any others.
I did "stand on head" and "sit on floor" and a few others of that nature, the system seems to have a lot of clips to make it seem like a live feed. I am told naughty stuff gets the chicken to rush the camera and waggle its finger "no no no" style. :D

BTW, did anybody notice that the chicken is wearing a garter belt?

Another commercial I love is for Six Flags. It's where that old guy gets off the bus, then music starts playing and he dances, it's hilarious. Even though they make Six Flags look a lot more fun than it really is. :DOh man, I so totally hate this commercial, I actively change channels when it comes on. That old guy is freaky ugly! I guess we can see which age group that ad is targeted for (not to be rude, but ain't you nearly half my age?). ;)

No, the people that had the funniest commercials ever were LITTLE CEASER'S pizza.:D"What can you do with it?" "Ever heard of oragami?"

Or,

(object bouncing higher and higher) "What is it?" "It's CHEESE!"

Hmm, some of us are showing our age. ;)

One of the few that have really caught me offguard lately was the Sprite ad with the Orlando Jones-wannabe driving the truck with the basketball hoop on the back advertising a million dollar prize to make a dunk and all the neighborhood men break off from their everyday routines to try to dunk on the moving truck. Nothing funnier than a guy in a business suit flying into the back of a truck that just stopped moving. :D

Also, despite the product, the recent AOL Topspeed ads with the Teuttle boys from American Chopper, done exactly in the same style as the show, those were pretty great.

Kidhuman
04-24-2004, 07:37 AM
I did "stand on head" and "sit on floor" and a few others of that nature, the system seems to have a lot of clips to make it seem like a live feed. I am told naughty stuff gets the chicken to rush the camera and waggle its finger "no no no" style. :D

BTW, did anybody notice that the chicken is wearing a garter belt?

I told the chicken to punch himself in the face. He did it. ANd yes the finger wag thing is funny. :beard: I wonder if we tell him to grow a :beard: what he would do.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-25-2004, 12:06 PM
I can't believe the Quizno sub commercials haven't mentioned, you know the one featuring the twisted, dancing, guitar-playing creatures with the horrible voices (I want to say hamsters). My favorite quote being, "They got a pepper bar!"

Geico commercials are cute and tummy-tickling as well.

As mentioned before, I also like the 7-UP commercials that featured Orlando Bloom and now the new guy who in the most recent one invites the grocery store shoppers to take free samples of 7-UP, but mishearing, they raid and take everything in the store.

As much as we think our country's ads are funny, tasteless or both, I have seen some foreign commercials aired that would classify as X-rated. The standards across the pond must be a little bit loose.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-25-2004, 01:10 PM
I think Quizno's use of the Spongmonkeys was a bad idea. A lot of people think Quizno's made them, but that honor belongs to Joel Veitch. To see the real thing, go to http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

They made Quizno's look bad, kind of like the commercial where the guy sucks on the wolf's teat.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2004, 01:30 PM
I think Quizno's use of the Spongmonkeys was a bad idea. A lot of people think Quizno's made them, but that honor belongs to Joel Veitch. To see the real thing, go to http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

They made Quizno's look bad, kind of like the commercial where the guy sucks on the wolf's teat.

WHAT is that all about anyway?

I couldn't take my eyes off of it, really creepy, yet strangely entertaining!

Kidhuman
04-25-2004, 06:55 PM
LMAO.............That was hilarious.

bobafrett
04-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Well, personally the hamster things for Quizno's make me not want to patronize there sandswich shopps, because they look like they were flattened under the tire of someone's car. I'd hate to be eating in one of their stores, and have that image pop into my head.

Exhaust Port
04-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Those hamsters will be the reason that I never go to a Quizno's. I find them incrediably annoying to say the least. Companies make every effort to use advertising to draw us into their establishments or buy their goods. Most times it works but in those few instances where I find their efforts disturbing I make sure that I adjust my spending habits accordingly. Another example is Old Navy, from the earliest commercial I can remember I was annoyed with their ad campaign. I have never set foot into an Old Navy store and never will thanks to those commercials. Quizno's has been added to my small, bizarre list.

jjreason
04-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Little Caesar's had some beauties to be sure, the two that I'm remembering are the big poodle dancing in the conga line (looking like he was going to try and get a piece of the old girl in front of him, if you catch my drift), and the one for "Cheeser Cheeser" or whatever, with the airplane still connected to the ground by the stretchy cheese, and that other old girl is trying to put on the lipstick... crikey that was funny.

The most modern one I can think of that killed me was the guy butting heads with the bighorn sheep for the Mountain Dew, just hilarious.

2-1B
04-26-2004, 11:13 PM
I also like the 7-UP commercials that featured Orlando Bloom

:crazed: I think you mean Orlando Jones :crazed:

Well . . . the "I'm Spicy" commercial is easily one of the most annoying I have ever seen. :dead:

My vote for 'funniest' would have to go to the Robert Loggia orange juice ad. :)

2-1B
04-26-2004, 11:19 PM
I forgot all about the SportsCenter ads . . . my favorite might be the one where they have to replace their office carpet with natural turf because a mascot tore up his knee.

Sentinel18725
04-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Does anywhere hav this online? I haven't seen the commercial but it sounds funny. Has anyone seen the Bacardi and Cola commercials? Great throw back to the 80's and Miami Vice.

dr_evazan22
04-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Another KFC ad that I like better was on last night. They're giving out the sandwiches and this one guy licks his finger and touches the sandwich and makes a sizzling sound, like it's hot. And the guy the sandwich is going to gets all ****ed off and tells him not to do it.

evenflow
04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
I saw the new one, not as funny as the first one.

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 05:44 AM
Another KFC ad that I like better was on last night. They're giving out the sandwiches and this one guy licks his finger and touches the sandwich and makes a sizzling sound, like it's hot. And the guy the sandwich is going to gets all ****ed off and tells him not to do it.

That would be Burger King, not KFC. :beard:

JediTricks
04-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Those Bacardi & Cola ads were funny, not "best ever" material but fairly consistant until they pulled out that pseudo-PSA one at the end warning about being safe when drinking. That just killed it completely.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Those hamsters will be the reason that I never go to a Quizno's. I find them incrediably annoying to say the least. Companies make every effort to use advertising to draw us into their establishments or buy their goods. Most times it works but in those few instances where I find their efforts disturbing I make sure that I adjust my spending habits accordingly. Another example is Old Navy, from the earliest commercial I can remember I was annoyed with their ad campaign. I have never set foot into an Old Navy store and never will thanks to those commercials. Quizno's has been added to my small, bizarre list.

I get annoyed by some commercials too, but very few, if any, would cause me enough displeasure to make me not buy their product. Usually, it might be because of a particular celebrity who endorsed a product, a celebrity that I might have a low opinion of (especially politicos or sports athletes) but I can't think of any offhand.

I think those Quizno's ads are cute, catchy and clever and the best part is not those freaky creatures but the fact that they toast your sub Good eats! :)

Exhaust Port
05-01-2004, 04:29 PM
I could see certain celebrity endorsements creating enough displeasure to keep people away from franchises or goods. :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-05-2004, 09:33 PM
I could see certain celebrity endorsements creating enough displeasure to keep people away from franchises or goods. :)

Anything Britney Spears, Eminem, Ted Nugent, or Bill O'Reilly pushes (not sure if the latter three any endorse stuff anyway) I will not only not purchase the product, but I will urge a boycott among friends and families and you can sure I will write the paticular companies many ornery :sur: letters.

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 11:16 AM
The DQ commercial for the Flamethrower burger is pretty damn funny too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2004, 06:04 PM
The DQ commercial for the Flamethrower burger is pretty damn funny too.
Amen!

One commercial I REALLY hate, though, is the new one for Pizza Hut's buffalo chicken pizza. The commercial is okay, but it becomes horrible once Jessica Simpson says to the winged buffalo, "Come on, flap 'em again! Buck, buck!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Oh wait no, nevermind.

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Amen!

One commercial I REALLY hate, though, is the new one for Pizza Hut's buffalo chicken pizza. The commercial is okay, but it becomes horrible once Jessica Simpson says to the winged buffalo, "Come on, flap 'em again! Buck, buck!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Oh wait no, nevermind.

Amen back at ya!!!!

That commercial is so annoying. I am getting tired of seeing her mug everywhere. That commercial stems from her sheer stupidness. She was asked toeat some buffalo wings, and she replied"I've never eaten buffalo before"

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Let's not forget the popular "Real Men of Genius" Budweiser commercials on both T.V. and radio that salute the hard work of such illuminating figures as "Mr. Grocery Cart Wrangler," "Mr. Toilet Paper Roll Changer," and "Mr. Way Too Much Cologne Wearer." Too funny these commercials are. Haven't seen them on in a while though. :(

The mulleted guy who sings those commericals was once in Survivor. :)

scruffziller
05-11-2004, 07:43 AM
"What can you do with it?" "Ever heard of oragami?"

Or,

(object bouncing higher and higher) "What is it?" "It's CHEESE!"

Hmm, some of us are showing our age. ;)

My favorites were where the president of the company was driving his car and the chicken livestock truck passes him and the truckers has that goofy grin on his face as the chicken feathers engulf his(the president) car.

It was one of the "cheese" commercials. Where it is in a hospital and someone leaves the pizza box on this old guy's wheeling bed. The cheese slingshots him down the hallway. As he is barreling down through the hospital,
he is cackling madly. His destination arrives his head in the arms of a new mother, while a nurse says; "Here's your baby!!!" And then the old guy lets out a "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!"

JediTricks
05-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Scruff, that last one was great, once you described it I could picture it so clearly!

Exhaust Port
05-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Little Ceasers had one heck of an ad campaign in the late 80's early 90's. Are they still in business? They pulled out of here about a decade ago.

Kidhuman
05-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Yeah htey are. They charge 5 bucks for a large pepperoni pizza now. Not a bad deal.

Exhaust Port
05-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Is it still the 2 pizza's for one price? PIZZA PIZZA

Kidhuman
05-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Nope. But for 5 bucks, it might as well be

InsaneJediGirl
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Forget the Spicy Chicken commerical.By far the best fast food/food commerical now is Hardees Thickburger commerical making fun of those in the goverment.Probably one of the best I have seen awhile :D

evenflow
11-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Let's not forget the popular "Real Men of Genius" Budweiser commercials on both T.V. and radio that salute the hard work of such illuminating figures as "Mr. Grocery Cart Wrangler," "Mr. Toilet Paper Roll Changer," and "Mr. Way Too Much Cologne Wearer." Too funny these commercials are. Haven't seen them on in a while though. :(

The mulleted guy who sings those commericals was once in Survivor. :)

Those are awesome commercials. I remember when they first came out they were called "Real American Heroes"

El Chuxter
11-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Sadly, Carl's Jr doesn't run the Hardee's commercials on this coast, so I've not seen it. Before "I'm Spicy," the previous funniest commercial was a Hardee's commercial where this homely woman is in a boat with this Antonio Banderas look-alike. He's saying, "Ethel, every moment without you is like an eternity" and then this short bald guy behind him says, "Okay, Frank, I can take it from here."

The voice over says, "If you're going to be romantic, be romantic! Go all out!"

Then we hear the second guy saying, "You smell gooooood."

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 01:54 AM
We have a new winner. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=wY0PFhHVC94)

bobafrett
02-14-2007, 07:28 AM
We have a new winner. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=wY0PFhHVC94)

I love seeing Robert G. crawling across the ceiling. I saw the commercial and LMAO!

JediTricks
02-14-2007, 11:01 PM
That Goulet commercial was considered one of the big flops of the superbowl ads because Bob Goulet just doesn't resonate with the young people and it tested VERY poorly due to that. I'll give them weird-points for trying though.

Kidhuman
02-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I loved that commercial, it was damn hilarious.

Rocketboy
02-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I can't see/hear Robert Goulet without thinking of the Will Ferrell sketch.

General_Grievous
02-15-2007, 11:23 AM
That Goulet commercial was considered one of the big flops of the superbowl ads because Bob Goulet just doesn't resonate with the young people and it tested VERY poorly due to that. I'll give them weird-points for trying though.

Even though I fall in with the younger crowd, I know who Robert Goulet is (mainly from his "Simpsons" guest spot and the SNL skit), and I still thought the commercial fell flat. I thought the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" ad from Bud Light was the best one out of a bunch of cruddy commercials.

El Chuxter
02-15-2007, 11:44 AM
What, has the younger crowd never watched the Naked Gun movies?

General_Grievous
02-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Not since twelve years ago. Leslie Nielsen doesn't appeal to us anymore. :p

JediTricks
02-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Even though I fall in with the younger crowd, I know who Robert Goulet is (mainly from his "Simpsons" guest spot and the SNL skit), and I still thought the commercial fell flat. I thought the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" ad from Bud Light was the best one out of a bunch of cruddy commercials.Ha! You must be who these companies tracked, that was one of the only ones they said audiences felt was "memorable".

2-1B
02-16-2007, 10:34 PM
What, has the younger crowd never watched the Naked Gun movies?

Thank you for posting that so I wouldn't have to. :)

El Chuxter
03-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I told that twit El Chuxter about this new commercial, but I didn't let him see it. That made him sad. And that made me laugh even harder.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lu1wNxr9Sqg

THIS I COMMAND!!

JediTricks
03-08-2007, 08:05 PM
How is it possible that Norris can act badly even while just cracking his knuckles?!?

bobafrett
03-09-2007, 08:30 AM
I don't know JT, I kinda liked that commercial!

JediTricks
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Whether or not it's cute, and it is (though it takes its sweetass time getting to its main concept), Norris is doing a bad job with his part even when he's just cracking knuckles.

General_Grievous
04-16-2007, 11:32 PM
This is my favorite commercial in recent months. I almost puke laughing every time I see it. :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-tXEEZE0rqM

Kidhuman
04-17-2007, 06:20 AM
The Sasquatch commercials are damn funny. Especially the one where he is hitchhiking

El Chuxter
04-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I just saw one last night for the first time. Hilarious!

Of course, we know the real Sasquatch would never hit anyone. Not even Jacques LeFleur.

JediTricks
04-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Of course, we know the real Sasquatch would never hit anyone. Not even Jacques LeFleur.Not even Slicker's mom. No, Sasquatch would not hit that.

El Chuxter
04-20-2007, 07:21 PM
C'mon, no one got the Sasquatch/Jacques LeFleur joke?

Anyone?

Caesar?

JediTricks
04-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Dude, give it up, nobody's remembering Harry & The Hendersons. :p

El Chuxter
04-20-2007, 07:33 PM
That's just mean, JT.

Next thing, you'll be telling me no one remembers Newton Crosby, PhDork.

JediTricks
04-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Well, it's possible that a time traveler from the future went back in time and erased all mentions of Steve Guttenberg from time itself to save the galaxy from annihilation.

El Chuxter
04-21-2007, 04:20 PM
He should've erased Short Circuit 2 instead.

God, that movie sucks right up there with Highlander 2.

General_Grievous
04-22-2007, 10:58 AM
I really miss these commercials.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=44xZ9QWWkrk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cG042nkReBA

El Chuxter
04-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Those commercials made me never go to Quiznos. Well, that and the fact that their subs suck.

I saw one last night, two guys arguing over whether the raisins or the crunch are the most important part of Raisin Bran Crunch. They ask a third guy, and he says the best part is the "ello" in the middle of "Kellogg's," sort of like an English greeting. It was so unexpected, I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

JediTricks
04-22-2007, 08:52 PM
He should've erased Short Circuit 2 instead.

God, that movie sucks right up there with Highlander 2.No way, Short Circuit 2 is 10 times worse than Highlander 2! Highlander 2 may be a qualified disaster and mess, but there are some interesting ideas buried deep in the bad editing and crap budget. There is nothing redeeming about the sickeningly kid-friendly Short Circuit 2, even the main stars wouldn't be in the film and it's not like Steve Guttenberg and Ally Sheedy had the world banging down their doors by '88, and neutering Johnny 5's laser with a goofy swiss-army-knife-like toolbox was just awful. Worse still, Johnny 5's sweet naivete in this movie overshadows his earlier, playful, slightly-naughty aspects where he wasn't quite as childlike as he seemed. And it's all so sickly sweet and hokey and convoluted. MAN do I hate that film!

That above rant reads like performance art. :D

I really miss these commercials.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=44xZ9QWWkrk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cG042nkReBAI always thought the Spongemonkeys were surprisingly funny in those commercials, and me and my sister still occasionally spout "we got a pepper bar"

General_Grievous
06-05-2007, 01:07 AM
This may be the most sexually subliminal commercial ever.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9KMA7i38Q8

The commercial itself is completely G-rated, but if you think about it....let's just say that if I explained it here, it'd be my last post. :p

Rocketboy
08-14-2007, 09:59 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue3d5xUQr0I&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebestweekever%2Etv%2F2007%2 F08%2F14%2Fad%2Dwizards%2Dskittles%2Dtaste%2Dthe%2 Dpainbow%2F) is the first commercial that has made me laugh in a very long time.

"He'll never see his family again. I guess that's pretty awesome."

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm not usually down with that series, but holy crap that was freakin' sweet!

General_Grievous
08-17-2007, 01:48 AM
That was actually depressing until he touched the desk. I was in stitches! :D

El Chuxter
08-17-2007, 01:54 AM
The stupid comments by YouTube users questioning the science of the commercial are even funnier, and the commercial itself is frigging great!

In that case, how the hell was he even born?

It is only logical that he caught this disease (by eating some bad skittles) after being born and impregnating his wife.

One question: If he cant hold his new born baby boy because he'll turn him to skittles, then how the hell did he get his wife pregnant without touching her? I think some one is being unfaithful...

wouldn't you expect him to be kinda smelly, or nude or something, 'cause if everything he touches turns to skittles, then he wouldn't be able to clean himself, or get dressed

2-1B
08-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Or pull his chair in under that desk.

Rocketboy
08-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Or pull his chair in under that desk.He scoots.

General_Grievous
08-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I can't believe people are analyzing the commercial like it's a friggin episode of "Lost".

2-1B
08-19-2007, 11:07 AM
I wasn't analyzing, I just thought it was dumb.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2007, 07:37 AM
I caught the new BK commercial for their $1 Spicy Chicken sandwich, the one with the kickin' chicken (as opposing to the flippin' one :D ). At first, I thought it was another "again! " Bud Light ad. I loved his "aaaahhhhhhhhhh..." at the end. :thumbsup: Commerical, you are ready.

El Chuxter
09-16-2007, 10:42 AM
It's hella stupid, but this one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yt9xrsRyvOk) makes me laugh.

I didn't realize it was a whole series until I just looked that one up.

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 03:49 AM
It's hella stupid, but this one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yt9xrsRyvOk) makes me laugh.

I didn't realize it was a whole series until I just looked that one up.
The car makes it work. Part 2 didn't hold me for 15 seconds though, that's when I dropped out.

Kidhuman
12-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I dont know about anyone else, but the damn World of Warcraft commercial with Mr T. has me peeing myself.

El Chuxter
12-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah, that's a good one. The Shatner one isn't nearly as funny, but Mr T going off about Mohawk being a character class makes me pee in my pants every time.

Rocketboy
12-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Just saw this good one during the Steelers/Jaguars game. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j39PUBDJ95g)

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2008, 09:33 AM
This isn't a funny commercial, but annoying. In a Dodge truck commercial, there are quick scenes of a man and a woman fishing in a little boat, and there's a shot of the woman basically dancing the twist in the boat, while the man is casting a line. That should capsize them! Great fishing technique. :rolleyes: Only redeeming part is that later in the commerical she takes off her top. * :eek:

* bikini underneath :yes:

El Chuxter
04-01-2008, 01:03 PM
I can't find a video, but the new Jack in the Box value menu commercial (where the son wants to be a psychiatrist--I don't want to give away the punchline) is a definite contender. It's right up there with their greats, like "bun is not meat nor cheese" or "you are soooooooo fired" or "when my dog hurt his paw we took him to the vegetarian."

I swear, JITB should sell a DVD of all their commercials for $5 at their restaurants. I'd buy it. And buy an extra copy to send to everyone I know.

They should really at least have video on their website. Everyone loves their commercials.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I can't find a video, but the new Jack in the Box value menu commercial (where the son wants to be a psychiatrist--I don't want to give away the punchline)

I swear, JITB should sell a DVD of all their commercials for $5 at their restaurants. I'd buy it. And buy an extra copy to send to everyone I know.

They should really at least have video on their website. Everyone loves their commercials.I've seen that commercial earlier, so I wouldn't call it "new." However, this is coming from a person who seldom sees non-SW movies within a month of their release dates. :p

Yeah, I "love" their commercials, but I'm not "in love" with them. :rolleyes: Favorite JITB ad? One word: chip-a-chop-lee. :speech:

Bel-Cam Jos
07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Speaking of Jack in the Box commercials, the worst commercial on the airwaves right now is the one for the fruit smoothies with the stretching runner. Terrible! :(

I heard an AM/PM commercial just now. Their slogan is "You can never have too much good stuff," but then the voice-over says "AM/PM:Too Much Good Stuff." Does that mean you can never have any AM/PM stuff, using a variable (if my memory of math terms is correct [probably not])...

if x = (too much good stuff) and AM/PM = (too much good stuff),
therefore, You can never have (x)

mabudonicus
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
hot damn Bel-Cam. why y'all gotta vex us so????
:beard: Iso&Baws
gotta admit that's weird up there

JediTricks
07-13-2008, 10:50 PM
You can have the stuff inside AM/PM, but you cannot have the AM/PM itself. That also is an untruth though, as it's a franchise business.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Those annoying fr**cr****re****.com singing commercials have yet another "vex," to use the term: he had to settle for a "used sub-compact," instead of the "convertible or SUV" he really wanted. He's probably preferring that choice, now that the SUV's gas mileage would kill his budget with gas so high, and the insurance on a convertible also cutting into his paycheck.

There's another identity theft one, where some due steals another's "Hello, My Name Is..." sticker. That was a pretty sly idea.

JediTricks
07-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Those free-jerkface-report commercials really annoy the crap out of me. The little tune is doofy and the presentation overall is irksome. Makes me want to avoid their site like the plague.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
But how do you really feel about Freak Read It Reep Ort, JT? :rolleyes:

JediTricks
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I wipe my behind with their website.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2008, 02:58 PM
The current groin-punching masked acrobats Del Taco one is awful.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Anyone know what song is being "played" by the car in that Honda commercial, where the guys drive it over the road with grooves along it?

bobafrett
04-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I've seen that commercial, but don't have a clue.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I think it's something written by those people; isn't there a band involved? I don't know what it is, though.

JediTricks
04-18-2009, 05:42 PM
You're kidding me, right? It's part of the William Tell Overture, also known as The Lone Ranger theme!

They performed this in Lancaster, with the city's permission and intention to leave that way, but apparently the residents complained that they could hear it all day and night even as far as a half mile away, so the city paved over it a few weeks later. See, the problem is it's not the first singing street, just the first in the US, and unlike the others, this one was cut much deeper to get more sound out of it... oops!

El Chuxter
04-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Also, it only works with the one type of car and at a certain speed.

Maerj2000
04-18-2009, 06:58 PM
http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_10514483

There's an article about it. People always have to complain about something. I know what the William Tell Overture is but I couldn't tell thats what this was supposed to be in the commercial. I'll have to listen more closely next time.

JediTricks
04-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Also, it only works with the one type of car and at a certain speed.
That's false, it works with every car, and the speed thing only changes the pitch and speed of the tune, it'll still be recognizable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aey7Jq0G3EU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLNfN6-eA0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXiJL9uIuc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxRgf5czTiM
(there's a bunch of videos actually for "lancaster musical road")
Lancaster's not so great, so having a famous landmark would have been smart, but I'm not surprised it's annoying at night, the area is sparse and sound carries pretty easily out there. Having all those different cars means different notes and speeds.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2009, 10:40 PM
You're kidding me, right? It's part of the William Tell Overture, also known as The Lone Ranger theme!I knew I should've known it; I just couldn't place the notes.

And that "certain type of car" and "certain speed" is a DeLorean at 88 MPH.

JediTricks
04-19-2009, 02:10 PM
That would make for an awesome parody of the commercial.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Anyone heard the Doritos Flavor Packs radio commercials? With the guy breathing heavy for about 15 seconds or so? That is one messed up ad! I had no idea what the person was doing when I first heard it; now that I know (apparently, the snacks are so hot he can barely breathe, I suppose), it's no better.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-27-2009, 09:35 AM
So, who will be the next "doctor" featured in those Dr. Pepper "trust me... I'm a doctor" commercials? My friend and I discussed some possiblities:

- Dr. Laura (ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :eek: )
- Dr. Nick Riviera (I like this one myself... 'Hi everybody! Hi, Dr. Nick!' )
- Dr. Jones (No time for love...)
- Dr. Doom (drinking it through a straw... brilliant! )

Others?

TeeEye7
09-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Dr. Oz (-"It's the next best thing to a colonic!")

El Chuxter
09-27-2009, 12:34 PM
They broke the mold with Dr Love and Dr Dre. Though Dr Teeth would be cool.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Anyone see those bizarre Old Spice commericals with Ray Lewis? I'd complain about their odd details, but then he'd kill me.

JimJamBonds
12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Anyone see those bizarre Old Spice commericals with Ray Lewis? I'd complain about their odd details, but then he'd kill me.
That or maybe the bear would maul you.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
That or maybe the bear would maul you.The bear seemed quite docile to me.

JimJamBonds
12-12-2010, 08:56 AM
The bear seemed quite docile to me.
UNTIL you make fun of "Mr. Lewis." :D

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2010, 09:24 AM
[whistles "Old Spice" theme and walks away quietly, carefully] ;) :thatmakessense:

TheDarthVader
12-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I think a running shark would have been funnier.

JediTricks
12-15-2010, 05:03 AM
There will never be better Old Spice commercials than the Bruce Campbell ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1OxkFOK18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
There's a Southwest commercial (about the red tape from other airlines) that was apparently filmed inside the local int'l airport near me. That's not unusual, being so (relatively) close to Hollywood. But they blurred the various artwork around the terminal. Can't show them without permission?

Maerj2000
04-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Probably someone at the TSA demanded it.

"Blur those things out or we'll irradiate you and grab your genitalia and those of your children!"

Or something like that.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Anyone else completely annoyed by the song in the new Windows update commercials? I didn't like it when I heard it on the radio; I don't like it on every single time the TV is on, it seems. In a dance competition? Maybe. :Icantlienomore:

bigbarada
10-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I actually think this Kayak.com commercial is the funniest thing on TV right now:
http://youtu.be/Flov7Q6pQNk

Bel-Cam Jos
02-03-2014, 06:44 PM
So, views on the most recent batch of Super Bowl ads?

El Chuxter
02-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Aside from Morpheus singing opera for Kia and Stephen Colbert pimping pistachios, they were really weak.

Especially the weak puppy and horse Bud commercial. Sorry.