PDA

View Full Version : Brian's Toy List

DarkArtist
04-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Was just reading Tomart's and an ad for Brian's Toys lists the OTC figures tpo include, Luke Jedi, Luke X-Wing, Chewbacca etc. Are these re-sculpts or just repacks on OTC cards.
Plus if they are going to make a Luke X-Wing, will it be the POTJ Luke, or the original POTF Luke. :confused:

Jay86
04-23-2004, 11:15 PM
The X-Wing Luke will be the POTJ version

bigbarada
04-25-2004, 02:20 PM
The OTC collection will consist primarily of re-re-releases so that Hasbro can cash in on the people who will watch the Star Wars trilogy for the first time, when the DVDs are released, and then want to buy up as many toys as possible.

In all actuality though, Star Wars has been on VHS since the mid-80s. How many people can there possibly be who haven't seen it yet? And of that tiny group, how many of those people would be willing to spend over $50 (I don't know the actual MSRP) on three movies they know nothing about?

B'Omarr Monkey
04-27-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm guessing there are probably a bunch of people born after ROTJ came out who have never seen a SW movie, or at least any of the OT. I think what Hasbro is hoping for though is the under 10 crowd whose parents are buying it, so that they, and their kids can watch it, possibly for the first time. Hasbro's hoping for those kids more than for any adults, though of course I'm betting there will be a few adults who walking into Suncoast, or passing through Target might see a display of familiar SW figures, and decide to pick them up for the nostalgia value.

When the current line started in 1995. I bought the initial wave expressly because I'd collected the vintage line, and thought it would be cool to have new sculpts of the primary characters. I never thought the line would go past that initial wave, or that I'd still be buying them ten years later.

arctangent
04-27-2004, 09:53 AM
When the current line started in 1995. I bought the initial wave expressly because I'd collected the vintage line, and thought it would be cool to have new sculpts of the primary characters. I never thought the line would go past that initial wave, or that I'd still be buying them ten years later.

me too b'omarr. i can't even remember now why i went into the toy shop but there he was - boba fett, sitting on the shelf waiting for me! so were R2 D2 and C3PO!. i didn't realise i would be buying the figures ten years later, or how much the damn things were going to cost me :rolleyes: !

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 06:04 AM
I am with you two guys. Figured it was just homeage to the Original line. But here we are thousands lighter and rooms fuilled with toys. :beard:

Yes, most the the OTC is rehashes. Jedi Luke is actually the one put out earlier this year.

TheDarthVader
04-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Seems like another crappy idea from hasbro. I will not be buying any repacks. I am not a variation carded collector...just a carded collector. The re-re-releases are starting to tick me off. :(