PDA

View Full Version : Picture of OTC Y-wing

Turbowars
04-24-2004, 01:12 PM
A touch on the grainy side, but here's our first look at the upcoming Toys 'R' Us exclusive OTC Y-Wing Fighter. As reported the other day, this version seems to have its origins in Galoob's Action Fleet line rather than any of the Star Wars films, but it still looks pretty cool. According to the latest Star Wars Insider magazine, fans can look forward to adding this vehicle to their collections in the fall.

Well if this is it, it looks as if it doesn't have a slot for a removable Astro Droid. The Paint app looks stupid too.:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
04-24-2004, 01:29 PM
I dont like the way it looks. :beard:

Darth Mina
04-24-2004, 03:35 PM
WTF? Who painted this? Is this a joke? :confused: :confused: :confused:

jjreason
04-25-2004, 03:29 AM
Something about it just doesn't look...... real, or something. I'm not so sure about this pic. Or maybe it's the upcoming toy I'm not so sure about. :confused:

I didn't really think the old one was that bad. Be nice if the new ship turned out to be super, and included a new pilot or droid. Only time will tell.

LusiferSam
04-25-2004, 11:53 AM
"What a piece of junk."
Luke Skywalker

Reefer Shark
04-25-2004, 12:15 PM
What's with the baby blue cockpit ??? ugh.. It probably wouldn't look as bad if they had done the cockpit differently.

Hopefully this is someones personal custom, and isn't what we are going to get. It's really too bad if it is though.... I know many people were looking forward to it since the 1st one was so scarce.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-25-2004, 01:23 PM
This looks horrible. And besides, why would they make an EU Y-wing to release with all the OTC stuff? I bet they'll end up rereleasing the Target one from a few years ago.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2004, 02:38 PM
this looks like an early rendition of the thing the model shop made before the movie was even filmed??

U

G

L

Y

it ain't got no alibi

it UGLY

it UGLY!!

rust
04-25-2004, 06:57 PM
This better be a test paint.
Besides the paint, it looks good.

Val Da Car
04-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Maybe this means that they fixed the landing gear problem.....it is still upright, right?

Hellboy
04-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Looks terrible. :( Since when is the Y-Wing silver, blue, and red? This looks more like a poor customization attempt than something Hasbro would release. :confused:

arctangent
04-26-2004, 07:15 AM
This looks horrible. And besides, why would they make an EU Y-wing to release with all the OTC stuff? I bet they'll end up rereleasing the Target one from a few years ago.

why not? they did the same with the a-wing a while back although that wasn't quite so bright in its colour scheme. i am sure hasbro think that by slapping a bit of different coloured paint on it all the people that rushed out and bought the target y-wing will rush out and by this one too. because they just have to have everything with star wars slapped on it :ermm: .

JEDIpartner
04-26-2004, 09:06 AM
this looks like an early rendition of the thing the model shop made before the movie was even filmed??

U

G

L

Y

it ain't got no alibi

it UGLY

it UGLY!!
:crazed:

I was gonna post that as well!!!! Hahahahahaha...!!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-26-2004, 12:12 PM
:crazed:

I was gonna post that as well!!!! Hahahahahaha...!!!!

Great minds think alike ;)

Anyone have a picture of that A-wing Arctangent was talking about, I never did see it as I'm not a big vehicle fan...they are all just molds of the vintage ones which I have and the vintage ones have a better look to them than these new ones, to me anyway. Exception being Luke's X-Wing from Dagobah that came with R2 and the storage containers...that's a cool X-wing!

Droid
04-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Alright! Captain America's Y-wing! Finally a Y-wing for the American pilot!

What a piece of garbage.

jedimarvin
04-26-2004, 03:44 PM
I'd like to know where turbowars found that pic. It does look like garbage but I'm not too worried about it. It looks like a poor custom job to me...if anything a test shot. I agree that it wouldn't make sense for Hasbro to make an EU Y-Wing since one fo the primary reasons they're doing the OTC line is to promote the OT and a blue and red Y-Wing never appeared in any of the movies.

As far as a rerelease of the Y-Wing...I'm psyched as long as they fixed the landing gear. Even if it's the same paint job as the original POTF version, I'll pick one up cuz I just plane love it. (although some form of variation would be cool like battle damage, etc...)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2004, 05:17 PM
why not? they did the same with the a-wing a while back although that wasn't quite so bright in its colour scheme. i am sure hasbro think that by slapping a bit of different coloured paint on it all the people that rushed out and bought the target y-wing will rush out and by this one too. because they just have to have everything with star wars slapped on it :ermm: .
Yeah. I mean, I know Hasbro's been known to repaint vehicles and sell them as new, whether they were in the movie or not (Red Leader's X-wing, Green A-wing, Command Gunship, Green Jedi Starfighter). I just think it's odd if this is the version for the Original Trilogy Collection, which is supposed to be all the main characters and ships, not random EU creations.

TheDarthVader
04-26-2004, 08:55 PM
This has got to be a custom. Why would Hasbro release the United States Y-wing? Red, white and blue and comes with a U.S. air force pilot! No, there is not a United States in star wars...who cares? Buy one today and support the Americans!

Val Da Car
04-26-2004, 09:09 PM
another pic and link says "Aim High"

plasticfetish
04-27-2004, 01:07 AM
This has got to be a custom. Why would Hasbro release the United States Y-wing? Red, white and blue and comes with a U.S. air force pilot! No, there is not a United States in star wars...who cares? Buy one today and support the Americans!
Doesn't have to be United States just because it's red, white and blue... could be France, UK, Iceland, North Korea, Luxembourg, Laos, Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand or Panama. Yeah, it's still odd looking.

I was thinking Evel Knievel for this one anyway... flying his Y-wing over the fountain at Caesar's Palace.

evenflow
04-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Not feeling the color at all, not for me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-28-2004, 05:21 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000231FT0/qid=1083187074/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-2409798-8943920?v=glance&s=toys

This is very interesting. It says that this is the Gold Leader's Red Y-wing from ROTJ, with a Gold Leader figure. Now since we already have Gold Leader from ANH who dies, who is Gold Leader in ROTJ? And it sounds as though one with red trim may actually happen.

plasticfetish
04-29-2004, 04:45 AM
Ummm... wasn't Lando gold leader? Errr...

Val Da Car
04-29-2004, 07:34 AM
For $30 will the figure be better than the Red Leader figure?

arctangent
04-29-2004, 08:25 AM
For $30 will the figure be better than the Red Leader figure?

you jest, surely. given hasbro predeliction for re-using, re-heating and re-hashing bits, pieces and body parts i wouldn't bet money on the figure being any better than red leader.

Hellboy
07-20-2004, 07:25 PM
I got the new SW Insider in the mail today and there is a picture of the new TRU exclusive Y-wing inside. It does have red markings and a blue cockpit but the silver/white look of the body has been replaced with a more accurate dirty grey color. I'm assuming the pictures that surfaced earlier were of an unfinished version.

The ship appears to be an exact duplicate of the POTF2 version with the fixed Astromech droid so anyone hoping for an open slot and removable droid will be disappointed. I actually think the ship looks fantastic but unfortunately it does come with Gold Leader, Jon "Dutch" Vander. I'm assuming Hasbro will be using the same figure that came out at the end of the Saga line only a few short months ago. Not that he's a bad figure but I'd guess most of us that wanted this figure already have him so there is unfortunately nothing new here. :dis:

jedi-cpa
07-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Those are like G1 Ultra Magnus colors...

Ugh.

Samuel Windu
07-21-2004, 06:54 AM
I still want one more.OTC ROTJ Y-wing,sounds interesting.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2004, 12:53 PM
It's the same old figure??? I thought this was a ROTJ vehicle, and he's been dead since ANH! How stupid! Hopefully they will change that before it comes out.

Dr Zoltar
07-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Yet another OTC item I will pass on. Boy, I'm going to be saving money this year.

Darth Tornado
07-23-2004, 10:54 AM
gah if these are the colors then what a kick in the face :bored: . And you know what the one with the right colors was rare I bet you this one will clog the shelves"sigh"

Hellboy
07-23-2004, 04:58 PM
gah if these are the colors then what a kick in the face :bored: . And you know what the one with the right colors was rare I bet you this one will clog the shelves"sigh"

Well I wouldn't knock the color scheme until you've actually seen the final product. I wasn't a fan of the new colors either and the pictures that were posted at the beginning of this thread looked god awful but the ship looks great. I think this will definitely sell better than the TRU exclusive X-Wing and maybe even the Target exclusive A-Wing simply because the POTF2 Y-Wing was so hard to find and many people would like to add this ship to their collections, different color scheme or not.