PDA

View Full Version : PT Super Star Wars

vadersvette
04-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Just going through my old videogames and came across my Super Star Wars games for the SNES. Anyone remember these games? Shooting Greedos and Eloms in the cantina? The flight to the sandcrawler and climbing the sandcrawler? I remember playing these everyday 10 years ago, and decided to play them today.
Then I got to thinking that Lucasarts should rerelease these for the Game Boy Advance (my GBA is just sitting around waiting for a decent game to play :rolleyes: )
While thinking this, I came to thinking that they should make Super Phantom Menace and AOTC and Episode III on the GBA.
The originals could be straight ports.
The Prequels could follow the originals, even with the same style of music and sound fx, the same power-ups (the force, health swords, the hearts, the guns, etc., the 3D ship levels, and have passwords and the debug menu.
Episode I could have a choice of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, Anakin, Jar-Jar (just for the naboo battle :rolleyes: )and Padme.
Episode II could have Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda, and Padme.
These could wait until Episode III is released.

Any thoughts? ;)

Bacta Beast
04-25-2004, 10:33 PM
I sure like the idea! And while we're on the subject, did you have a hard time with the boss at the end of the catina on the New Hope game? I have beaten him, but it's not always easy, and i haven't discovered any sure fire tricks that always work. And then after that, the Mos Eisley hanger, I have NEVER been able to beat the boss, I've tried Luke, Han, Chewie, full life force, but I just can't seem to get it! Anyone have any tips?

Rocketboy
04-26-2004, 05:34 PM
I had the same idea a while ago. Heck, I even wrote down what the levels and bosses could be for Super TPM - wish I had that list still.
I'd like to see Lucasarts release all 6 on Gamecube on 2 discs.

jedimarvin
04-27-2004, 03:58 PM
That would be pretty cool. I actually never got a chance to play any of the super star wars games until about 5 years ago when one of my college roommates brought up his old SNES. I got hooked immediatly. My favorite was Super ESB. I could play that over and over again. (especially the snowspeeder level)

Hands down the toughest boss in all three games is the Cantina boss. Give me Darth Vader any day.

I would love to see these games released and along with a PM and an AOTC version but rather not on GameCube, cuz then I'll really ahve to go out and buy it. How about a special set for the PC. Emulaters take up so much room.

vadersvette
04-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Darth Vader's especially easy when you have the debug mode on! Detonate a few thermal detonators and you're done! :D
I would prefer these games on the Game Bay Advance (After all, most of the GBA's game library are ports of old snes games) This way if you have a Gamecube, you can play them through the Gameboy Player (especially cool to have one of those import-only SNES Pad-styled controllers for the GameCube) :crazed: