PDA

View Full Version : New OTC Yoda Prototype reveals...

JEDIpartner
04-27-2004, 09:06 AM
That Yoda has his original "three-toed" feet on him. I find it hilarious that Hasblah didn't just take the opportunity and liberty to continue producing Yoda with five toes as they have with the last couple versions.

Another site reported that this version has the "salt-shaker" type of lower body assembly and grumbled about it. Apparently, they weren't apying attention when Hasblah reported that there is a specific reason for this configuration. Yoda's top half disconnects from his lower half so his top half can be placed into a properly scaled backpack that will work with the new OTC Dagobah Luke (for those who didn't already know about this little factoid).

Anyhow... that's the news from me. :)

LTBasker
04-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Cool, I like the three toed better than five toed, it just looks more natural. Not too crazy about the salt-shaker plan buuuut at least we get a split in half Yoda. :evil: This should lead to many fun setups!

jjreason
04-27-2004, 11:54 AM
How odd - for Hasbro to catch a mistake like this BEFORE the toy is released. :D

I've liked the pics I've seen of this Yoda and the Dagobah Luke. Should be a nice improvement over the POTF2 ones.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Oh well, maybe the vintage one will have five toes on each foot and two legs. You can see in the film that he has five toes (when he's rummaging through Luke's stuff, even though his front middle toes are in shadow but is easily visible in other scenes). I think two Yodas at the same time is a bit overkill, but both versions are great nonetheless. :)

JEDIpartner
04-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Is one of the "new" Yodas a reissue?

Silent Chazz
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Nope. the two new Yodas in the OTC (and VOTC) are brand new sculpts.

JediTricks
04-29-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't see why Yoda has to be a salt-shaker in order to have his lower body disconnect. Why couldn't the Yoda figure have articulated limbs and simply break in half at the separate crotch piece? You could even simplify this by having the articulated legs be under a "skirt" piece and the figure simply break at the skirt where the hips meet and articulate.

Kidhuman
04-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Yoda was in a serious accident between EPIII and EPV, which caused him to lose a few toes.

How the hell can Hasbro make a major muff up like that?

JEDIpartner
04-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Given the type of plastic they are using these days, the legs would probably fall out of their hip sockets. I can see why they did that. *shrug*

JediTricks
05-01-2004, 01:03 AM
Given the type of plastic they are using these days, the legs would probably fall out of their hip sockets. I can see why they did that. *shrug* But the DESIGN would be adequate I think, it's not as if it'd be the first SW figure to fall well short of the prototype due to poor manufacturing issues. :p