PDA

View Full Version : Paploo Question

angellus
04-28-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm looking for advice and I'm hoping someone can help me out. In my collection, I've got one of each modern figure displayed next to the corresponding vintage figures. The only figure Hasbro has updated that I don't own is the Paploo that came with the speeder bike and AT-ST, because I was never able to find that set in the stores. My question is whether the Paploo figure is good enough to justify spending the money for the set on eBay. I don't collect vehicles, so I'm only interested in the figure, and I can't find a clear shot of the figure so I could see what the Paploo looks like. I know he's positioned in the package like he's hanging off the speeder bike. Does he look lame when you remove him? I hope someone can help because I really don't want to spend $40 - $50 for a figure that's a piece of junk when you remove him from the box. In that case, I'd rather pass on him and just hope for a resculpt. Any advice?

Droid
04-28-2004, 10:18 AM
I really liked the Paploo figure. However, if you go to the Collector's Database at this site under Power of the Jedi you can find detailed pictures of Paploo. Just look under Vehicles and AT-ST.

LusiferSam
04-28-2004, 10:18 AM
No, this version is not worth $40 or $50. Like most of the Ewoks I don't think Hasbro has done a very good job with Paploo. He doesn't look bad off the bike, but its not great. The vintage version is much better in my opinion. Hold out for a resculpt or get this set cheap, like $15 or less.

angellus
04-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Duh....I didn't even think to look in the database. The sculpt is okay, but I guess not worth spending eBay prices on. I think my real concern is the way he looks displayed. When he's on the bike, it looks as if he's sculpted to appear like he's looking forward; almost like he's flying. So when he's simply standing there and he's not on the bike, is he looking upward?

bobafett07728
04-28-2004, 11:58 AM
I would say to keep an eye on the dreaded eBay. I've seen a lot of pack-ins for sale loose on there. You can always find the red R2 from the Queen's Starship, and single figures from cinema scenes, etc. I'd be shocked if you'll pay much more than $10 for that specific figure. Keep trying, you'll be sure to find it! Good luck!

bobafett07728
04-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Well, I guess I underestimated slightly. Here's an auction that ended recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50269&item=3186987636&rd=1

Still better than $50 for the entire set. :D

LusiferSam
04-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Well, I guess I underestimated slightly. Here's an auction that ended recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50269&item=3186987636&rd=1

Still better than $50 for the entire set. :D
I think I paid around $18 excluding shipping for my vintage Paploo, so its much more than the guy is paying for his POTJ one. But it's still to much for this figure. He is looking sleety up when standing and the headdress is pretty solid.

TheDarthVader
04-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Go to the dear hasbro section and search for my thread titled (something like) GIVE US A CARDED PAPLOO (on single card). Put your name on the list. I have wanted paploo for a while now but I am holding out for a new sculpt. The AT-ST paploo only has 5 points of articulation...if I'm not mistaken.

Droid
04-28-2004, 02:14 PM
I'd rather have a modern day Lumat, Warok, Romba, and Chief Chirpa then a resculpted or recarded Paploo.

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 09:52 PM
My puppies name is Paploo.

Turbowars
05-02-2004, 12:39 PM
That's good to know.;)

Bobby Fett
05-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Angellus,

Check your pm.