PDA

View Full Version : Satisfied w/ Your Team's NFL Draft?

JON9000
04-28-2004, 09:53 AM
I like the Giants. They got Manning by drafting Phillip Rivers with the 4th overall pick then trading up with next year's first round and several other picks. They gave up too much IMHO, especially when Rivers had numbers that put Manning's to shame last year. YIkes.

James Boba Fettfield
04-28-2004, 10:44 AM
I follow the Bengals and Giants, and some of the Bengals choices left me puzzled. They had a lot of picks and taking Chris Perry first was...odd.

As for Eli, I hope he's worth the hype. I was sad when the Giants got rid of Fassel, and I'm going to miss Collins. I don't know how well Eli will perform with the not so great offensive line. Those Giants with substance abuse problems will always hold special places in my heart. (L.T. :kiss: )

bobafett07728
04-28-2004, 10:54 AM
First off, I don't really have a favorite team. I'm in the NY area, so I "follow" those teams, and my brother is a huge KC fan so I "follow" them by default. I thought the Giants did well. Yeah, they may have given up a bit more than they should have, but they got the man they wanted. Most teams don't get the guy they really had their heart set on, so you have to look at that as a plus. Collins is the odd man out, which kinda stinks becuase he's not that bad. As long as Tiki, Shockey, and the WR play like they are capable. . . Eli will do just fine. I felt the Chiefs addressed most of their concerns on defense, but some of their picks struck me as odd. The drafted a couple defensive linemen. . . when they have more of a need for help in the secondary, but anything on defense is needed. Their second pick was a Tight End?!?!? Why draft a tight end when you have Tony Gonzalez, and you NEED wide receivers? It was like when they drafted Larry Johnson last year, knowing they had Priest Holmes. . . just confusing to me. Well, I guess a year or two from now, we'll really know who "won" on draft day.

evenflow
04-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I am a huge J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS fan so I will never be happy.

JediTricks
04-28-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm a Los Angeles fan, of course, but there's just one little problem with that...

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 09:25 PM
You dont have a team JT. :p I dont have any pro teams nearme, just minor league cra.

I dont understand why they make such a big deal of the NFL draft on TV. It is stupid IMO. People plop down and watch them say, we take Eli Manning. And WTF is with the suspense. Most of the picks are thought out long before the team is ready to pick. Why give em 15 minutes? Give em three and get it over with. You could do the draft in one day. Even better, dont televise it and make us read a paper. Show some other sports event thats is actually going on.

evenflow
04-29-2004, 08:56 AM
I agree the draft is way too long. I could never watch the it on tv, I usually just wait til its over to see who the Jets got.

kool-aid killer
04-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Yeah, i agree with the draft being overrated and being too long. My teams Da Bears. For the life of me i couldnt say who all they got. I had no interest whatsoever in tuning in to see who went where, i will figure that all out when the season kicks off. Hopefully they get their act in gear this season, im tired of below .500 seasons.

bobafett07728, i hate the Chumps with a passion. They and the Green Cheese Packers are the two most popular teams around here and i cant stand it.