PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Inc. is putting a bad taste in my mouth!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-29-2004, 02:52 AM
This new fanclub change has pushed me over the edge!

The prequels

Peter Mayhew in Ep3 (dude, shut yer pie hole, we're all sick of listening to you, you dried up has been!)

Charging to use StarWars.com

The fanclub "change"

not releasing the OT on DVD

completely and utterly ruining the OT on the dvd that's due out in September by making MORE changes

George Lucas

Rick McCallum

"Visual Effects" without a story/plot

Ludicrous character names, ludicrous characters for that matter

I know there's more but all I can see is RED

It's like everyone's brain went out to lunch and never came back as soon as they started working on the prequels.

Absolutely disgusting!

I'm usually a pretty mellow, diplomatic, calm person but this is it for the new Star Wars Inc. Talk about ruining something that was once fantastic. I really wish I could curse right now because I've got a whole gene's length of nucleotides worth of bad words to say!!

LFL SUCKS!!

Pendo
04-29-2004, 04:32 AM
The prequels

Peter Mayhew in Ep3 (dude, shut yer pie hole, we're all sick of listening to you, you dried up has been!)

not releasing the OT on DVD

completely and utterly ruining the OT on the dvd that's due out in September by making MORE changes

George Lucas

Rick McCallum

"Visual Effects" without a story/plot

Ludicrous character names, ludicrous characters for that matter

LFL SUCKS!!
I agree with those ones :), but not all of your suggestions :), the fan club changes don't really affect me over in the UK :).

I'd also like to add:

Revealing Darth Vader's identity in Episode III
Bad casting for majority of the characters (but not all)
The Clone Wars cartoon
PENDO!

Kidhuman
04-29-2004, 06:57 AM
I understand how you guys feel. The whole "OT" vs "SE" debate and the DVD. We grew up loving these films a certain way. I understand maybe adding visual effects and all, but not scenes being changed. That is not how I remember them being made.

ANother thing please watch the spoiler content. :ermm: :beard:

mabudonicus
04-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Yeah, if ya wanna talk about Goofus McTentacles-
Whoops!!! :D
Sorry... :beard: am I ever

Shooting for 1.5 outta 3 with the first ones...

I have stopped even looking for the toys

I will still wear my Jar Jar mask to EIII, and will likely grab a copy secondhand to fill it out, but the buck stopped here, too

JediTricks
04-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Wow Deoxy, that's a heck of a rant, commendable, and you didn't even MENTION what Hasbro's been pulling lately, or how Lego has put the brakes on. I agree with a lot of what you're saying, the way Lucas has been handling SW since the mid-90s has been appalling to me and the Hyperspace thing was close to the last straw, though this Fan Club/Hyperspace merger really makes me sick to my stomach, it's the biggest signpost of how Lucas sees the fans - walking cash machines that will swallow anything he stamps his "fantastico" upon.

Kidhuman
04-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Did they cut off memberships right now or try to charge you guys for hyperspace? Or will they do that when your subscription is up?

B'Omarr Monkey
04-29-2004, 07:07 PM
My subscription was up for renwal right when the changes were taking place. I sent in my check and have heard nothing back. I had to buy issue #75 on the news stand. I'm not even sure who I'm supposed to contact now so that I can find out what's happening with my status.

Anyone have any advice they can give me?

Kidhuman
04-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Yes, go to your bank and see if that check was cleared. If it was, then your in, if not contact the office and tell them to refund it.

2-1B
04-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Rick McCallum is a cool mutha ***** so please show him some respect.

arctangent
04-30-2004, 05:09 AM
I agree with those ones :), but not all of your suggestions :), the fan club changes don't really affect me over in the UK :).

I'd also like to add:

Revealing Darth Vader's identity in Episode III
Bad casting for majority of the characters (but not all)
The Clone Wars cartoon
PENDO!

yeah, the uk fan club imo has always sucked big time anyway, which is why i let my membership lapse a couple of years ago :ermm: .

as for the clone wars cartoon, i have never seen it but i really don't like the style its done in.

but in general, i agree that lucasfilm just sees us star wars fans as a walking cash cow. i too am starting to cut back on my figure buying. back in the 90's hasbro gave us perhaps three figures per month but now we seem to be looking at six to eight plus ultra figures plus new(?) vehicles every now and again and then we have the ultra expensive (in the uk anyway) 'vintage' figures which hasbro seem to be ramping up and warning us that there will be a limited run of these and when they are gone, they're gone... well i have reached the point where i just can't afford it all any more and thus my collection is lapsing, which is a shame having spent the last nine years building it up.

and what with hyperspace and building that into the new american fan club membership i just get the feeling that lucas is just out to screw as much money from star wars fans as he can which makes me feel sad :(

bobafett07728
04-30-2004, 12:17 PM
My subscription was up for renwal right when the changes were taking place. I sent in my check and have heard nothing back. I had to buy issue #75 on the news stand. I'm not even sure who I'm supposed to contact now so that I can find out what's happening with my status.

Anyone have any advice they can give me?

If you renewed your membership at the old price, then you are only going to revieve the Insider issues that that subscription entitles you to. I would assume that is 8 issues, but since the "new" Insider is only 6 issues, they may ;) try to srew you out of 2 issues. When I called the customer service number, they told me my "current" membership only entitles me to the issues of the Insider that I had paid for; Hyperspace, etc. aren't available until I shell out $40. Oh yeah, I asked about getting a credit for the issues I already paid for, and they said NO. So. . . I either stick with my issues of Insider, or shell out $40 to get the same issues I already have coming to me plus some insignificant extras. . . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Which do you think I will choose, hmmm?

If this is any indication of how Celebration III is going to be handled, I'm loosing my interest. :( :frus: :mad:

El Chuxter
04-30-2004, 02:14 PM
I renewed back in November, then never got the last two issues. I e-mailed them about it and reminded them I'd paid (and attached the receipt), since their site showed I didn't have an active subscription. So they got me hooked up with the regular eight issues I would've received starting with the next issue.

But what really, really sucks: I can get those two on the newsstand, but I found out a friend of mine was in the Bantha Tracks section (subscriber exclusive) of one of the two issues I'd missed. :mad:

Lucas should be shaven. He doesn't deserve a :beard:.

Kidhuman
04-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Lucas should be shaven. He doesn't deserve a :beard:.

I 100% agree. He is a complete schmuck........ers grape jelly head

InsaneJediGirl
05-01-2004, 11:13 AM
I sent in my renewal last November and never heard anything,so I basically could care less about the Fan Club now.I only looked forward to the short stories inside anyways.

Back to LFL in General.I am really mad as well.The lack of ditstribution,no OT on DVD,the crud being turned out.Where are the figures?At this rate I'll get the Jabba Wave at the time the OTC items are hitting shelves :mad:

Jay86
05-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Where are the figures?At this rate I'll get the Jabba Wave at the time the OTC items are hitting shelves :mad:
I feel your pain.....though I'm betting on never seeing the Jabba's Palace wave at all, or the Yavin wave or the Star Destroyer wave or the Endor wave's even......distribution for this year has been cruddy and seemingly prone to certain areas, and too many people arent getting figures that many other people are sick of seeing :/

JEDIpartner
05-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Rick McCallum is a cool mutha ***** so please show him some respect.
:rolleyes:

he's looking pretty large these days...

Droid
05-03-2004, 04:09 PM
WHO SAID THERE WERE GOING TO BE MORE CHANGES TO THE FILMS ON THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY DVDs RELEASED THIS FALL? IS THAT CONFIRMED? WHERE WAS THAT CONFIRMED? ANY NEWS AS TO WHAT CHANGES ARE BEING MADE?

2-1B
05-03-2004, 10:42 PM
:rolleyes:

he's looking pretty large these days...

what, he can't be cool if he's large ?

or do you mean "large" as in "cool" ?

If so, I agree. :D