PDA

View Full Version : Opening Scene, New Planets, Final Duels!!!

Beast
04-29-2004, 06:46 AM
This info was just recently posted on The Force. I haven't seen it posted here yet, so here you go. Sounds pretty damn good, well....except for the lava surfboards. But I'll wait and see what it looks like before I have kittens over what it sounds like. :)

EP3: Opening Sequence Details
Thu, Apr 29, 04 01:56:06 AM EDT

Here's the latest rumors we're hearing about the progress on Episode III and the first few minutes already nearing completion - spoilers!:

The beginning is exactly as what's been told before: a space battle over Coruscant. Anakin DOES have R2 on the wing, Obi-Wan has R4 apparently. The new Jedi Starfighters look as if the old ones have been split apart in halt and a Tie Fighter cockpit had been placed in the center. The Star Destroyers aren't completely triangular... they look like two triangles superimposed with a pair of "wings." The Jedi Starfighters are controlled by handles, kinda weird.
The droids that attack the starfighters are spheres that open un and insect-like droids appear from the center. Indeed, R4's dome is removed by one of them - beheading him.

Anakin and Obi-Wan have to pass through several challenges to get to the Chancellor, and once they rescue him the spaceship starts to fall apart in Coruscant's atmosphere.

EP3: Planet Names and More
Thu, Apr 29, 04 02:00:19 AM EDT

There's been lots of talk about the planets in Epiode III and we've got some rumblings about names and locations that figure into the final prequel. Some of this is new, and some of the details will help give a clearer picture of Episode III. Highlight with the mouse to read possible spoilers!
We'll see two new planets: Kashyyk and Utapau. We will meet Chewbacca for the first time (you'll recognize his intro from the illustration on the OS), and that Utapau is a city built in caves.

Obi-Wan chooses the lizard-like creature he'll ride on Utapau, and then chases and eventually meets Grievous. Obi-Wan travels to Utapau in a mission that could end the Clone Wars for good, but what happens changes the course of the rest of the story.

You'll have to take it from here ...

EP3: Details of the Duels
Thu, Apr 29, 04 02:05:18 AM EDT

The last round tonight of possible spoilers we've been hearing deals with lightsaber battles and involves some pretty heavy spoilers. Here they are, turn away or give in to the dark side.
The final duels of the movie. Yoda vs. Palpatine - he DOES have a red lightsaber. They first fight with lightsabers then with Force powers. And this is unlike what we've seen before... the last real lightsaber duel in the Saga. Anakin and Obi-Wan end up in a volcanic planet which uses lava as a source for energy.

Anakin is giving his back to Obi-Wan, and he senses him arriving. He says something ending with a sarcastic "old friend" and the battle begins. Anakin and Obi-Wan fight in moving platforms over the lava. Apparently they can control these platforms like surf boards. This battle will last long in the final cut of the movie all set to The Duel of the Fates. And the final image of the film? Owen carrying baby Luke while watching the two suns set over Tatooine.

All good - don't you think?
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
04-29-2004, 08:34 AM
All good - don't you think?

Uh, I'm going to consult my Magic 8 Ball on this one. Let's see....(shake shake shake). "My sources say No."

There you have it. As bad as TPM and AOTC were with the gratuitous "Fanboy" stuff, it sounds like Episode III will be a non-stop kitten producing "gratuitous-fest." Surfboards? If nothing else, the Prequels are an interesting psychological study on how George's kids affect his story writing process. Clearly his little boy is now into that skate/surf thing so ergo, our heroes get to battle it out in a way that George's kids will "have kittens" over. The rest of it, from revealing Anakin to be Vader to the entirely unnecessary and gratuitous delivery of lil' Luke are all just fanboy pandering.

The general malaise that the general public has felt about the Prequels has been overtaking the usually staunch fanbase here at SSG of late. Slowly the support for the Prequels has eroded and now I'm reading even more disatisfaction with Lucasfilm as a whole. If Episode III is even half as bad as these spoilers hint at, then it's just as well that Lucas will call the saga quits.

arctangent
04-29-2004, 09:04 AM
If Episode III is even half as bad as these spoilers hint at, then it's just as well that Lucas will call the saga quits.

unless. of course, peter mayhew is right. ulp :stupid: !

angellus
04-29-2004, 10:51 AM
unless. of course, peter mayhew is right. ulp :stupid: !
God, I hope he's wrong. I can't stomach Episodes 7, 8 and 9. The man has sold out and lost all ability to tell a story. If anything, make 7, 8 and 9 as video games. That's what this whole prequel mess is shaping up to be anyway. Surf boards over lava? I can hear the Super Mario Bros. music playing as I type this.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-29-2004, 11:43 AM
God, I hope he's wrong. I can't stomach Episodes 7, 8 and 9. The man has sold out and lost all ability to tell a story. If anything, make 7, 8 and 9 as video games. That's what this whole prequel mess is shaping up to be anyway. Surf boards over lava? I can hear the Super Mario Bros. music playing as I type this.
You can hear this??? ---> http://www.hostile-intent.us/download/marioguitar.wmv

angellus
04-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Also, I thought hovering "lava boards" were neat the first time I saw them....back in 1989 when Back to the Future II came out. Get an original idea, you tired sell-out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I think you kids are getting your panties in a twist. You haven't even seen the film and are going off a possible rumor for petes sake. I think the entire thing sounds pretty sweet, but then again, i cannot make an assumption as i haven't seen the film yet. I do have high hopes for this flick though! thanks Binksy! :D

InsaneJediGirl
04-29-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm with JMG.Some of it,sans surfboard(which might be awesome,I havent seen it),sounds to be very cool stuff.Going to Kashyyk if it is anything like described in the books and other EU sources would be the best,especially with the entire Wookie villages high in the trees :D

Beast
04-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Yeah, seriously. How about we actually see what the movie is like before we declare it's total crap. Gasp, far be it from me to expect some people to actually wait til they actually have the film to base their opinions on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

angellus
04-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Gasp, far be it from me to expect some people to actually wait til they actually have the film to base their opinions on. :)

You have a point. But I think many of us took that stance with Episode II and were sorely disappointed. I guess I'm just bracing for the worst this time around and maybe I'll be pleasently surprised. But judging by Lucas' recent track record, I highly doubt it.

joesdomain
04-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Most rumors and speculation are usually false. Lucasfilm representives always say that when someone ask them about a certain rumor. I believe them. It is not on starwars.com, lucasfilm, or Lucas's mouth then I don't believe it. I believe the planet names will change by the time the final film is completed except for confirmed planets like Naboo, Courscant, and Tatoonie.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-29-2004, 10:23 PM
You have a point. But I think many of us took that stance with Episode II and were sorely disappointed. I guess I'm just bracing for the worst this time around and maybe I'll be pleasently surprised. But judging by Lucas' recent track record, I highly doubt it.
There has been nothing wrong with the PT. Other areas of the films picked up the slack for poor areas of the films. Just because its not the way YOU want it, dont be sour on the next film a year before its out. You want EP III done the way YOU want? Make your own movie then?? MHO.

angellus
04-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Pedr0']Just because its not the way YOU want it, dont be sour on the next film a year before its out.

I can be as sour as I like because that's my opinion, the same way your statement that there's "nothing wrong" with the PT is your opinion. Isn't that why we post in these forums? To discuss and debate what we like and don't like about Star Wars? Maybe you're happy with the PT, and that's fine. I'm actually happy for you that you've been able to enjoy what I--and many other fans--have found to be so mediocre and disappointing. Personally, I prefer to hold--or at least I use to hold--Lucas to a higher standard of storytelling than giving us a bunch of pretty pictures in favor of plot and character development. But that's just my opinion. ;)

[DSS]Pedr0
04-29-2004, 11:12 PM
I can be as sour as I like because that's my opinion, the same way your statement that there's "nothing wrong" with the PT is your opinion. Isn't that why we post in these forums? To discuss and debate what we like and don't like about Star Wars? Maybe you're happy with the PT, and that's fine. I'm actually happy for you that you've been able to enjoy what I--and many other fans--have found to be so mediocre and disappointing. Personally, I prefer to hold--or at least I use to hold--Lucas to a higher standard of storytelling than giving us a bunch of pretty pictures in favor of plot and character development. But that's just my opinion. ;)
Pretty pictures,eye candy,and great action sequences(Obi,Qui,Maul Duel) are the best!! :p

2-1B
04-30-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm pumped up for this movie and think it could be pretty cool. If they can just keep Grievous to a minimum and rethink that whole Padme Dying thing . . . I think there is some potential.

Skateboards ?
No offense guys, but that's the word used by some hump over at TFN to describe it . . . so don't take it so literally. BTTF2 had flying skateboards. Episode 3 allegedly has some platforms which I'm assuming are force controlled to keep from perishing. If Ani pulls a Marty McFly and steals some kid's soapbox racer, then I'll probably find it silly but for now I am not going to dump on it just because some jagoff used poor terminology in describing it.

stillakid
04-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Yeah, seriously. How about we actually see what the movie is like before we declare it's total crap. Gasp, far be it from me to expect some people to actually wait til they actually have the film to base their opinions on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Why the double standard? You're declaring it as kitten-producing goodness based on spoiler information. You've formed an opinion before seeing the film. But far be it from me to expect anyone to actually wait til they actually have the film to base their opinions on. :)

JEDIpartner
04-30-2004, 08:52 AM
"like" surfboards conjures some pretty dire images but the fact that it was prefaced by "standing on platforms" should cause you to rethink the image in a more positive light.

angellus
04-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Pedr0']Pretty pictures,eye candy,and great action sequences(Obi,Qui,Maul Duel) are the best!! :p

You're right, that stuff is fun, but it's the plot and story that make a movie timeless--not the explosions and flashing lights. That's why all these years after the OT was released in the theaters, people--and I'm talking casual movie fans, not hardcore fans like us--still quote Star Wars lines and reference scenes from the films like they're gospel. And that's also why 10 or 20 years from now, people will be saying "I saw those new Star Wars movies. They were okay, I guess. Jar Jar was annoying."

hango fett
04-30-2004, 11:30 AM
i think everyone should quit bashing a movie that is over a year away. just wait and do all the judgments after you see the damn thing!
HF

IMFETTUP
04-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Everyone just needs to chill with this rumor stuff! Even if these rumors are true, and we feel as strongly as we do, the truth is that we will all be standing in line when the movie is released with butterflies in our stomach because of anxious anticipation! Now I have heard that the anticipation is often better than the act itself, but let's wait and see!:sur: I personally can't wait until episode 3 is released and I will be going to 12:01am showing if possible!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-30-2004, 05:07 PM
I think it sounds pretty sweet. Most of those rumors, we already knew (Kashyyyk, Uttapu, Obi-Wan delivering Luke, the Coruscant space battle). What was the guy saying about the Jedi starfighters being controlled by handles or something? It sounds to me like a precursor to TIE Fighters, which is neat. I can't wait for the Yoda/Palpatine duel. This, to me, is important to Palpatine's character development. Up until now, we've seen him as a mild-mannered, somewhat shifty guy and a mysterious alter ego that is behind everything, suddenly (from what it sounds like) kicking some butt and revealing his true intentions, showing he's not to be f***ed around with.

As for the lava platforms, it could be great, it could be horrible, I haven't seen it. For all we know, it only lasts three seconds, like Anakin's hyped-up dual lightsaber duel.

Turambar
04-30-2004, 10:51 PM
As time goes on I have less and less interest in seeing E3. As infrequently as I actually go to the movies, I have a hard time believing I'll be able to put forth the effort to see this one. The thought of giving Lucas money for another inferior product really turns me off. Even if, by some miracle, Rick McCallu--I mean Lucas, was able to make a good movie, it still couldn't salvage the new trilogy or erase the garbage that is The Phantom Mess & Attack of the Clowns. I'm out.

CropDuster
05-02-2004, 12:13 AM
I think if I see lucas's third big mistake it will only be out of morbid curiosity. I don't believe there are many on this forum, other than the minority of diehard lucas-sheep, that believe that E3 has a snowball's chance - and, Jar Jar, that is without ever having seen the film (how dare we be so bold).
Whether these rumors are true or not doesn't really matter, they sound like the ingredients for another dismal prequel so why shouldn't we believe them. You know as bad as these rumors sound that E3 will be at least as bad as we can imagine it. As star wars fans, I think we all have a tendency to over estimate the new installments, and the reality hits home when we sit in the theater and watch an inferior film unroll before us. Oh well, these rumors sound like a recipe for an impotent and weak movie, and, therefore, I believe that they are either true or wishful thinking (because georgie and ricky mc can conjure up much worse if given the opportunity).

Tonysmo
05-02-2004, 01:48 AM
wow.

so much negativity I feel in this thread. The spoilers are just that.. spoilers. they have now spoiled everything for you guys.. no longer will you have to wait in line for days, or even hours to see this film. Heck, may even have to cancel going to the midnight madness because the film will suck soo bad that the toys will ultimatly suck just as much.. besides can we really stand yet another 16 re-hashed obi wan figures?
( insert over the top sarcasim here )

Look - were all Star Wars fans.. thats um, why were on this awesome site right? and while I certainly understand many many points - and I agree with most. lets try to chill out of shredding EPIII until it hits the screen.

seriously. We havent even really seen a legit trailer yet. I know we are all hoping for a miracle here, and we just might be dissapointed - again.. but until it actually happens, lets think about happy things.. lets not bicker and argue over who killed wh.. er nm.

What Im saying is, we already have a foundation for failure in the 1st two.
I enjoyed EPI and II.. I will admit I love the dvds for the sake of skipping scenes I cannot stomach. but overall.. I enjoy them because of what they are. Star Wars.

Nothing will replace the original three movies. You cant top those films. I still get all giddy when I watch them because I see the chemistry between those actors. the prequels do not have chemistry - they dont. thats just the bottom line. I cant change it - Stilla cant change it - none of us can change it. Thats what were stuck with.

but.. in fairness.. Its Star Wars. and thats what I love. Star Wars.

so bring on Episode III - Ill be there, in line, waiting for the front row seat so I cant see, and Ill cuss the whole time. but,. Ill be there.

so again.. lets just settle down just a bit, and reflect on what common bond we all share. Our love for the movies over-all.. lets enjoy the pictures we get, lets enjoy the 380 something days we have left to wait..

you guys do know this could indeed be the last one we get right?

enjoy it while it lasts.. whatever he puts on the table..

joesdomain
05-02-2004, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't believe too many spoilers that are released on the web. How can a person know where this information comes from? Is the source credible? Most information is just rumors and speculation in my opinion based off things people might have seen on sites like supershadow.com, theforce.net, and starwars.com. I think people are making too many predictions and guesses from the hyperspace material that may or may not be true. Plus, many people get alot of there information from expanded universe material through comics, video games, novels, clone wars cartoon, etc. Lucas's vision is not the expanded universe. I am going to stand in line on Wednesday evening and wait to enter my local theater to see the 12:01am showing. I have not been disappointed with any of the prequels. I love them! I have been a fan of star wars for about 25 years. I say wait untill we see the teaser trailers, the official title, and the official trailer before making some small judgement. I know I won't judge it until I get my hands on the episode III soundtrack and novel in april 2005.

2-1B
05-03-2004, 12:15 AM
That's why all these years after the OT was released in the theaters, people--and I'm talking casual movie fans, not hardcore fans like us--still quote Star Wars lines and reference scenes from the films like they're gospel.

And what might some of those lines and scenes be ? :confused:
I can think of two: "May the Force be with you" and "I am your father."

Frankly the idea of "casual movie fans" quoting anything other than those 2 lines as "gospel" is inconceivable to me.

CropDuster
05-03-2004, 07:20 PM
And what might some of those lines and scenes be ? :confused:
I can think of two: "May the Force be with you" and "I am your father."

Frankly the idea of "casual movie fans" quoting anything other than those 2 lines as "gospel" is inconceivable to me.

I think you know what the point of the post was, Caesar. The prequels don't have the timeless qualities that the real star wars movies have. The SFX of the SW movies wowed people at the time, but there was something deeper that captured the hearts of people. New SFX will be created and the digital cartoons will be obsolete, then what will the PT use for support (they aren't capable of standing on their own). It's seems pretty obvious to me. they'll use the name that george owns and plastered on to his inferior creations. The PT, as it stands, would never have made a fraction of their profits if it hadn't been for the success of GL's cooperative efforts before them, aka the Star Wars Trilogy, and they are destined to be like so many other movie prequels/sequels - just plain forgettable in comparison to the originals.

2-1B
05-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Yes CropDuster, you're quite right that I know what the point of the post was and that's why I asked a question about it.

The point, Cropduster, was that Angellus believes that "people--and I'm talking casual movie fans, not hardcore fans like us--still quote Star Wars lines and reference scenes from the films like they're gospel."

That was the point of the post, CropDuster, and I am quite curious to hear some examples from Angellus since I don't believe it for a second, save for the 2 examples I've given.

The point of your post, CropDuster, is well taken and I respect your opinion regarding the prequels. However, a general distaste / dissatisfaction / disgust for the prequels has nothing to do with the point of Angellus' post which was that "people--and I'm talking casual movie fans, not hardcore fans like us--still quote Star Wars lines and reference scenes from the films like they're gospel."

So if Angellus (or anyone else) can give me some of these examples from the OT, I would be glad to hear them. Telling me how crappy the prequels are will not illustrate the point of Angellus' claim in any way.

CropDuster
05-03-2004, 11:36 PM
well, Caesar, I can name: along time ago in a galaxy far, far away... use the force, Luke... do or do not, there is no try... it's not wise to upset a wookie...
those are a few lines off the top of my head that most movie goers, not just star wars fanatics, know and even some use from time to time.

However, as you know, that's not what Angellus getting at.

-Durge-
05-04-2004, 02:15 AM
Man I cannot want to see the Uttapuians and the Mustafarians!

Anyone know their description?

Sebulba_Fett
05-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by CropDuster
I don't believe there are many on this forum, other than the minority of diehard lucas-sheep, that believe that E3 has a snowball's chanceLook, the reason that I like the prequels is because of the foundation that was layed down in the OT. The characters, places, and ideas that were shown on the big screen over two decades ago. George Lucas happened to be the creator of the majority of those things. But I am not some kind of Lucas groupie so don't presume to make any type of judgements in that regard. Do not classify me as some mindless "lucas-sheep" who will like these movies just because Georgie put them together. That is such an asinine thing to say. I mean I think the guy deserves some credit. After all, he did create the OT which originally brought us all together here in the first place. I respect him for what he has done in bringing his ideas to millions of people. The fact that people still talk about Star Wars today (regardless of the prequels) is quite amazing.

But just because I speak highly of the man does not mean that I worship the ground he walks on. The reason I will defend the prequels to the day I die is because its Star Wars. I love the world that was created in the OT and any chance I get to visit it again I will most definately be there. Its the reason I read all the EU books and comics. If one of the books wasn't very good that doesn't mean I'm going to write off any future ones. And just because a couple of the movies haven't been as good doesn't mean I'm going to rag on the next one.

I can think of several other movie series that have had highs and lows over the years (James Bond and Star Trek to name two) only to bounce back again. And you know what would happen if one of the Star Trek movies bombed. The next time one came out the fans would excitedly line up outside the theatre. Not because they worship Gene Rodenberry, but because they have fallen in love with the Star Trek universe. Just as many of us have with the Star Wars universe.

That's what being a fan is all about. Your with it through the highs and lows, the good times and the bad. If your favorite sports team has a losing season, do you come back the next year to watch them or are you a fair-weather fan? (For the sports illiterate - that means you only like them when their doing good) If your favorite music group has a bad album, are you there on release day when the next album is out or do you forget about it because the last record flopped?

I think some people need to sit back and remember what made them come to this site in the first place. We're on this site because we are Star Wars fans. Period. If your not happy with the latest movies, that's ok. And its ok to talk about that too. Not everybody is going to be satisisfied every go around. But whenever I hear somebody complain about EIII before its out, or complain about the most recent spoilers, or even moan and groan about the possibility of more movies I want to jump across the computer and ask them why the heck their here. If being a Star Wars fan has become so painful for you why do you come back. If the idea of one more movie, or maybe even four, makes you feel like swallowing a grenade then maybe its about time you started reconsidering your hobbies.

So spare me the condescending remarks. I do believe EIII has a chance. It has a great chance. And if it it isn't that good storywise, so friggin what. I'll have enjoyed it anyways. And if more movies are on the way after that, so be it. I'll be awaiting another trip to that galaxy far, far away with open arms.

Sayonara to those who were only here for the winning season and three cheers to those who are still sitting up in the nosebleed section, in the pouring rain, waiting with baited breath while its fourth and goal.

2-1B
05-04-2004, 03:13 AM
Ahhh hahahaha, if Joe Movie Fan ever said "let the wookiee win" or "do or do not" in real life, he or she (well, probably he) would most likely cross the line into immediate dorkhood/megafan. :)

However, as you know, that's not what Angellus getting at.

Then why did he make the gospel reference ?
No offense meant, but you should probably stop speaking for someone else.

angellus made a comment and I was genuinely curious about it - not about your general opinions on some movies or what angellus MIGHT have meant in a general way even though he used a specific statement.

Hellboy
05-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Well said Sebulba Fett. :)

-Durge-
05-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Any word on the Utapiuians and or Mustafarians?

stillakid
05-07-2004, 07:59 AM

Yeah, they like the Prequels too. :D

-Durge-
05-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Any descriptions on them? What do they look like?

CropDuster
05-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Ahhh hahahaha, if Joe Movie Fan ever said "let the wookiee win" or "do or do not" in real life, he or she (well, probably he) would most likely cross the line into immediate dorkhood/megafan. :)

Then why did he make the gospel reference ?
No offense meant, but you should probably stop speaking for someone else.

angellus made a comment and I was genuinely curious about it - not about your general opinions on some movies or what angellus MIGHT have meant in a general way even though he used a specific statement.

Why can't I speak up on something I disagree with you on? Is this a new rule you made up? :rolleyes:
I told you what I thought the point of the post was, and you said you didn't care what I thought the point of the post was, you were more worried about the gospel reference made and asked angellus or anyone else (remember anyone else?) for examples from the OT. I gave you some star wars lines off the top of my head that some people know. I'm referring to regular movie fans, people that have never spent a penny on any SW merchandise. They know lines from many movies that they deem good enough to see on multiple occasions, like Casablanca, Goodfellas, Tombstone (the list could go on forever). Just because someone knows lines from a film does not mean that they are fanatic. But, then again, that is just what I think, and I wasn't the author of the the gospel reference you are so genuinely confused by. I bet Angellus could have meant that people generally gather in church every sunday to recite from heart portions of the scripts from the Star Wars movies; how would I know, I didn't write the post and ,as Caesar has pointed out, we can't know for sure what was meant unless we wrote it. Get real.
BTW, ever hear of a simile or a metaphor...

2-1B
05-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Oh for god's sake, and have you ever heard of not being so much of a prick ?

I never said you couldn't comment on something you disagree on. Feel free !
HOWEVER, I asked a specific question regarding a specific post by a specific poster.
You felt the need to be condescending with "I think you know what the point was, Caesar." THAT'S why I told you to basically step aside.

Turambar
05-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Wow. . . what passion.
You must have hit it pretty close to the mark to get him all riled up like that, cropduster.
(Yes, I'm quoting a line from SW right off the top of my head)

2-1B
05-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Passion ?

My post was written out of sheer boredom with the topic at hand . . . far from passionate.

James Boba Fettfield
05-09-2004, 05:39 PM
I don't believe there are many on this forum, other than the minority of diehard lucas-sheep, that believe that E3 has a snowball's chance

So I am a Lucas sheep?

2-1B
05-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Bahhhhhhhhhhhh Bahhhhhhhhhhhh Bahhhhhhhhh

Yes Jaymz, you ARE.

And you're also a Metallica Sheep and a Romero Sheep. :crazed:

stillakid
05-09-2004, 10:44 PM
If you like TPM and AOTC A LOT!, then I think by default, that person is a Lucas-sheep. But you say that like it's a bad thing. Stand up for what you believe in! The word "Christian" was originally meant as an insult to those who believed in Jesus. And look what happened...they embraced the name and established one of the most influential religious movements ever to exist on planet Earth! Lucas-ites unite! Be proud! :D

2-1B
05-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Nice try, stillakid, but it doesn't work that way. :)

-Durge-
05-10-2004, 01:36 AM
Any descriptions on them? What do they look like?ANYONE! know anything about this?

arctangent
05-10-2004, 05:25 AM
ANYONE! know anything about this?

doesn't look like it does it. everyone else is too busy going off topic and slagging each other off :evil: !

(actually i pretty much like the prequels - ovines of the world unite :nerv: !)

-Durge-
05-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Its a shame...everyone please get back on topic...

stillakid
05-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Nice try, stillakid, but it doesn't work that way. :)

Alright, I'll give. :D .... a little. ;)

2-1B
05-10-2004, 11:06 AM
lol lol lol lol lol

CropDuster
05-11-2004, 01:34 AM
The Utapians are a people that live in a huge hippie commune and the mustafarians are a people that smoke a lot of green and enjoy reggae music. lol :crazed:

2-1B
05-11-2004, 03:05 AM
lol lol lol lol lol

arctangent
05-11-2004, 05:02 AM
lol lol lol lol lol

and no doubt a bit wooly headed too lol !

JEDIpartner
06-21-2004, 08:27 AM
In case you weren't already apprised of this:

SPACE BATTLE RECIPE
Episode III starts with a bang. The starfleets of the Galactic Republic
and Confederacy of Independent Systems are locked in a jumbled brawl of
lumbering capital ships and swift starfighters, exchanging fire high in
the Coruscant atmosphere.

Hundreds upon hundreds of ships are engaged in this high-stakes battle
of the Clone Wars, but the audience will only really follow two small
snubfighters into the thick of battle. As Obi-Wan and Anakin dive into
the heart of the conflict to carry out a most important mission,
they'll be the camera's guide through the chaos.

Designing the motion of the revealing opening shot fell to Animatics
Artist Euisung Lee, but filling the enormous background battle in
the entire scene is a group effort. "We had a brainstorming session
about possible cool background battle stuff that can happen," he says.
"We have a list of ideas. I don't know how many of them are actually
in the movie, but we had come up with some modular background action
so that we can pop them into place."

One of Lee's most intriguing contributions may be missed upon first
glance, tucked away as it is in the backdrop of the action. A
triangular Jedi cruiser is locked in a deadly embrace with the much
larger Trade Federation battleship, occupying the gap between the
battleship's forward arms and pointing its dagger-like nose straight
towards the huge central sphere.

"My thought was that maybe the clones were actually boarding the donut
ship," explains Lee. "There's an opening in the waist of the Jedi ship.
The middle sphere is falling apart. The idea is that they took over the
whole thing, and the middle sphere is drifting away from the center."

A dry-erase board hanging in the Animatics Department serves as a
recipe list for other possible mini-dramas playing in the background
of the scene. Note that not all may not be in the final film. This list
instead just represents some of the tantalizing possibilities:

* Colliding / scraping starships
* Sacrifice ship to break through blockade
* Diving formation of assault frigates to save cruiser from swarm
* Shockwave causing havoc from large explosion of ship
* Shockwave bombs across surface of larger ship causing damage
* Shockwave bomb on droid fighters