PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Rose CD to surface!!!!!!!! Guns N' Roses

evenflow
04-29-2004, 10:04 AM
According to Navarre.com and Amazon.com, Cleopatra Records has set a June 1 release date for "The Roots of Guns N' Roses", a collection of the very first demos recorded by Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin before they became GUNS N' ROSES.

The album features five demo recordings that havenít been heard in decades, plus new remixes by former GN'R member Gilby Clarke. These rare tracks showcase the raw talent of Axl and Izzy that was just beginning to blossom into GN'R.

The story of GUNS N' ROSES began when L.A. GUNS founder Tracii Guns introduced guitarist Chris Weber to Izzy Stradlin in the parking lot of the Rainbow Bar And Grill. After jamming together at Izzy's place, the two decided to form a band and recruited a vocalist, Bill Bailey, better known to most as Axl Rose. Together, they drew inspiration from the diverse musical scene emerging in Hollywood and, with the help of drummer Johnny Kreis, recorded a demo under the name HOLLYWOOD ROSE.

For years these demos have remained in the vault, never appearing on CD. Now, Cleopatra Records is bringing these raw recordings to the masses. As a special bonus, Gilby Clarke took these recordings back to the studio and polished up the rough edges.

"The Roots of Guns N' Roses" (view cover here) track listing:

Original Demo Versions:

01. Killing Time
02. Anything Goes
03. Rocker
04. Shadow Of Your Love
05. Wreckless Life

Newly Remixed By Gilby Clarke:

06. Killing Time
07. Anything Goes
08. Rocker
09. Shadow Of Your Love (feat. Tracii Guns - overdub guitar)
10. Wreckless Life (feat. Tracii Guns - overdub guitar)

Newly Remixed By Fred Coury:

11. Killing Time
12. Anything Goes
13. Rocker
14. Shadow Of Your Love
15. Wreckless Life

JediTricks
04-29-2004, 06:09 PM
I don't mean to seem rude, but that's kinda sad. Maybe Axle should give up on the G&R name and find something else to market, his recent antics have only served to make him look foolish and this seems to be more of the same... releasing 5 songs 3 times on 1 album smacks of unoriginality and stunt marketing designed to make up for an inadequate disc.

2-1B
04-30-2004, 01:50 AM
And why is Fred Coury involved with this project ? :p

I'm surprised Nikki Sixx let Tracii do those overdubs. :crazed:

El Chuxter
04-30-2004, 01:10 PM
These rare tracks showcase the raw talent of Axl and Izzy that was just beginning to blossom into GN'R.

No, I believe you're wrong. That's supposed to read as "These rare tracks showcase the raw talent of Izzy, along with an appearance by the future Master of All Loonies, that was just beginning to blossom into GN'R."

Why have Gilby remix and not throw on some guitar licks? That's weird.

evenflow
04-30-2004, 01:26 PM
No, I believe you're wrong. That's supposed to read as "These rare tracks showcase the raw talent of Izzy, along with an appearance by the future Master of All Loonies, that was just beginning to blossom into GN'R."

Actually, I am not wrong. The entire posting is taken from the article, not my words.

El Chuxter
04-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Just a joke, evenflow. :D Axl's become such a pathetic glob of nonsense lately, I felt it had to be done. :beard:

evenflow
05-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Sorry man, just took it the wrong way. Your right, its sad what has happened.