PDA

View Full Version : John Williams' Score

Pendo
04-29-2004, 01:42 PM
One of the things I am most looking forward to is Johnny Williams' Episode III score. There should be some pretty neat music coming our way :d. The transformation of Anakin to Vader, the revelation of Darth Sidious, the birth of Luke and Leia, the birth of the Galactic Empire! I think Episode III could be one of the best scores, and with it being the darkest movie of the saga it should also be quite chilling. I listen to his music for The Empire Strikes Back, and the Death Star/Emperor scenes of Return of the Jedi and get shivers down my spine because of how moody they are.

When listening to the music for Return of the Jedi, one of my favourite pieces is when Luke's on his last step to becoming evil, and is fighting back his father. This is the only scene of the entire saga that this music is ever played, but I think it would be amazing if this piece is revisited for Anakin's turn to the Dark Side as he is fighting his "father figure" Obi-Wan Kenobi :cool:.

Another theme I hope he revisits is the chilling Emperor's theme. We've had snippets of it in Attack of the Clones, but not to the emotional level as Return of the Jedi portrayed it. In ROTJ when the Emperor's theme is played, we feel that there is no hope for the Rebels :cry:.

I just hope that when the Episode III Soundtrack is released, we get a more complete version rather than the short version that AOTC received. Does anybody know when we shall be expecting the soundtrack? April/May-ish 2005 :(???

PENDO!

joesdomain
04-29-2004, 01:56 PM
I keep hearing speculation and rumors for the episode III novel and soundtrack to come out towards the middle or end of april around the time Celebration III is occurring in Indianapolis, IN. I also been told at Celebration II sold copies of Episode II soundtrackand novel so maybe they will do the same at Celebration III.

Elliejabbapop
04-30-2004, 09:05 AM
I just hope that when the Episode III Soundtrack is released, we get a more complete version rather than the short version that AOTC received. Does anybody know when we shall be expecting the soundtrack? April/May-ish 2005 :(???
PENDO!

I agree about this Pendo!!!:D I was really disappointed not to find the Naboo terrace "first kiss" music, when Padme says..."and let the sun dry us"....:(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-30-2004, 05:13 PM
John William's music is always some of the best. I want to hear more Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, May the Force be with You or Binary Sunset, Emperor's Theme, Luke and Leia, Love Theme from AOTC, and Duel of the Fates! John Williams hardly even has to write new songs, but only re-use old ones in the appropriate places. :)

Elliejabbapop
05-01-2004, 06:42 AM
John William's music is always some of the best. I want to hear more Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, May the Force be with You or Binary Sunset, Emperor's Theme, Luke and Leia, Love Theme from AOTC, and Duel of the Fates! John Williams hardly even has to write new songs, but only re-use old ones in the appropriate places. :)

Still, a new theme would be great!!!:D

Rian Jardrit
05-02-2004, 07:20 AM
I agree... the SITH THEME, or as some of you call it: the Emporers Theme, should REALLY be in FULL GLORY as well as the Imperial March/Vaders Theme... FULL GLORY and VERY HARD!!! a few new themes, but it would be wise to stick to the OT songs... to connect it further!

What i REALLY, REALLY hope is that JUST BEFORE you'll see Darth Vader in HIS full glory, you will see nothing, well not much, they should only use the breathing, first very soft then louder and louder as the camera comes closer and then when you see him... FULL GLORY SITH/VADER THEM!!!! :cry: It would make me cry!! (sorry i have something with FULL Glory... I just want Episode 3 to be the BEST!)
I hope that Episode 3 will make fans CRY how good it is... atleast get massive chills over our bodies! George OWES us that!!!

Rian Jardrit
05-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Ohw... and one more OT theme should be brought back... when Yoda goes into hinding... YODAS THEME... I missed that in the Pre's... so hope the'll put it in the tird IF we see that Yoda is going to Dagobah in 3... I also hope the the FORCE theme will be heared often... man... i could go on this way!! :crazed:

The music is what STAR WARS makes sooo goood (well also the characters and everything else :p )!!!

Ill stop... I have already made my opinions clear I think... MORE OT themes back in three!!! :D

Elliejabbapop
05-02-2004, 08:53 AM
I agree... the SITH THEME, or as some of you call it: the Emporers Theme, should REALLY be in FULL GLORY as well as the Imperial March/Vaders Theme... FULL GLORY and VERY HARD!!! a few new themes, but it would be wise to stick to the OT songs... to connect it further!

What i REALLY, REALLY hope is that JUST BEFORE you'll see Darth Vader in HIS full glory, you will see nothing, well not much, they should only use the breathing, first very soft then louder and louder as the camera comes closer and then when you see him... FULL GLORY SITH/VADER THEM!!!! :cry: It would make me cry!! (sorry i have something with FULL Glory... I just want Episode 3 to be the BEST!)
I hope that Episode 3 will make fans CRY how good it is... atleast get massive chills over our bodies! George OWES us that!!!
Yes, George owes us everything!!!:) I just hope this one isn't as "innocent" as the other ones. I think George got the wrong idea, that kids would have been the ones to see the new trilogy, but there's a whole generation of "golden oldies" that grew up with the first trilogy. Perhaps he should write the script with Lawrence Kasdan again ;) .

1st Prime
05-10-2004, 12:33 PM
I hope Williams won't use any existing music from the other movies like he did w/ATOC. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
05-10-2004, 02:21 PM
YODA'S THEME... I missed that in the Pre's... so hope the'll put it in the tird IF we see that Yoda is going to Dagobah in 3... I also hope the the FORCE theme will be heared often... man... i could go on this way!! :crazed:
"Yoda's Theme" was used in AOTC. You can hear a portion of it in the "Yoda and the Younglings" track.

Agreed, though... the man always comes through even though uncle george may let us down!!

El Chuxter
05-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Yoda's Theme also shows up in a track I've seen called "Yoda Strikes Back" on an online list someone sent me way back. It's played when Yoda fights Dooku, and also part of it is played during the extended portions of the conveyor belt chase not covered by "On the Conveyor Belt."

Sadly, one of the many great themes from AOTC that's not on the horribly inadequate soundtrack. :( I'd also really love to hear the Dex's Diner music.

But I digress. . . .

Grievous should have a new theme, unless Lucas plans to make him a joke like Maul where he will show up, be cut in half, and dropped into a melting pit.

I foresee a seriously hardcore meshing of Duel of the Fates, the Force Theme, the Emperor's Theme, and the Imperial March during the final battle between Ani and Vader.

If Jar Jar reappears for more than a second, I'd like his theme to pop up again. That's a fun one; much better than the character.

Not sure if Boba will return (I've been trying to avoid most spoilers), but I felt robbed when his theme never appeared in AOTC. Such a great theme, and we get maybe 30 seconds of it total in ESB.

I'd also love to hear bits of The Asteroid Field and Into the Trap get new arrangements for E3. I doubt it'll happen, but those are two of the best.

And finally, there absolutely has to be a heart-wrenching take on the Luke & Leia Theme, possibly combined with the Force theme and/or Luke's Theme (AKA Main Title).