PDA

View Full Version : "Trophy" Maul - any others?

jjreason
04-30-2004, 04:06 PM
Very happy to finally get a Trophy Maul (via trade) - I know it's not THAT hard to find but I never really tried until recently. I love the rangefinders.

Were any of the other figures in this line (I'm thinking of pictures I have seen of Obi Wan with Gungan Sub and OOM-9 Battle Droid with A-AT) ever put out at retail, or did they just reach the concept stage?

IMFETTUP
04-30-2004, 04:37 PM
These seemed to appear towards the end of the retailing for the Episode One merchandise. I found these at my local K-B toys. I actually have an extra OB-1 with gungan sub if interested. he was packed one per case if memory serves me correctly. I would also be willing to trade if interested. Let me know.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Wow. That's interesting to know. I didn't think any of the trophy editions beyond Maul got released. I saw Maul aplenty at a very discounted price at KB Toys years ago. Is there anything noteworthy about Obi-Wan to make him worth tracking down?

JediTricks
05-01-2004, 01:57 AM
They didn't, Obi-Wan & OOM-9 Trophy were both canned due to intense lack of interest in the Maul piece (partially brought on from being an exclusive to overpriced KB). I'm betting IMFETTUP is thinking of the Obi-Wan w/ Gungan Mini-Sub from the Ep 1 mini-rigs-esque boxed sub-line.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-01-2004, 03:18 PM
I complely forgot about that toy, JT. Thanks for the reminder. I still want an Obi-Wan with Swamp Skeeto. :(

IMFETTUP
05-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Oops, you are absolutely correct. I am confused these days. Thanks for the clarification.

JediTricks
05-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Sure thing, glad I could help.

"Swamp Skeeto, now there's a name I've not heard in a long time." I had forgotten all about that cancelled item. It likely would have bombed though since that sequence never happened in the movie and we never got a good look at the skeetos on film.

jjreason
05-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Yes, thanks JT. I kind of figured that was the case as I've never found any up for bids on ebay. That "wet" look Obi Wan (was he not?) would have made a good figure - and still could, if they redid him in Saga fashion.