PDA

View Full Version : All theads about hockey and baseball?

rynobot
04-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Well what about basketball? The playoffs are just getting started now that the first round is over. Do you want to talk about basketball with other people who also love the game? Then go visit www.basketballboards.net !! In less than two years www.basketballboards.net has become the top web-site to talk about basketball.

rynobot
04-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Come on, some one on this site must enjoy basketball.

Kidhuman
04-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Basketball has lost its appeal. I have watched only one game in the playoffs and that was Lakers/Houston Game 1. Houston should of dismantled the Lakers in that series.

kool-aid killer
04-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Ive been following some of the games (primarily the Mavs/Kings and Rockets/Lakers) though i no longer have a favorite pro team. Im rooting for the Lakers, i would like to see Malone (Payton too to a lesser extent) finally get a ring after all the time and work hes put in the NBA.

Oh and Rynobot, i think you misspelled wonderful (prior to "site as this") in your second post.

rynobot
04-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Oh and Rynobot, i think you misspelled wonderful (prior to "site as this") in your second post.

I probably did seeing as I have been drinking kool-aid all night.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Hmm... :confused: :ermm: Something about vinegar versus honey...

Basketball used to be my favorite sport to watch (and play, when the ol' knees were better), but of late, it is unwatchable. The zone defense "improvement," the closer 3-pt line, the 7-game first round increase, etc. have been quick fixes that have, IMO, actually hurt the game.

Throw in the fact that there's no Pittsburgh squad (c'mon Pieces! let's go Condors! hey hey Pistols! ) and that "my" Clippers can't seem to get over the hump (I consider my non-Pitt sports allegiances to be like Pete's Dragon: I support them until they get good and popular, then I let them go. Examples: Tampa Bay Bucs, New Jersey Nets, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Indians, etc.), I keep asking "why watch?" And my own answer is, "don't know." :bored:

QLD
05-01-2004, 10:15 AM
I find the NBA awful now.

It used to be my favorite sport, however now, I can barely stand to watch it. The only player left in the NBA that I remotely like is Karl Malone.

TeeEye7
05-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Come on, some one on this site must enjoy basketball.

It's more entertaining watching guys in short pants on skates with no front teeth chasing a vulcanized disk than a bunch of tall guys in short pants dribbling their ball. ;)

rynobot
05-04-2004, 12:13 AM
It's more entertaining watching guys in short pants on skates with no front teeth chasing a vulcanized disk than a bunch of tall guys in short pants dribbling their ball. ;)

You can only chose one winter sport!

jjreason
05-12-2004, 04:00 PM
I still watch the scores and highlights, but I pretty much od'd on b-ball through high school and university. I was pretty much playing or coaching every day, before and after school. At university it was similar - either playing intramurals, reffing them or playing men's league. Along with all that involvement was the watching - NBA and college as well as going to all the live games (my university had a good varsity team when I was there, we went to nearly all the home games). Just too much. Then all the players I really had respect for started hanging up the high tops (Drexler, Bird, Jordan, Magic got sick, etc).

Now I'm pretty much happy watching the NBA All-star game each year, and as much of the finals as I can. I don't even have a favorite team in the NBA, it's all about which players I like and which I don't. I think I'd like to see Garnet win it this year, I hate Kobe and Shaq too much to bear watching them win again even if it would benefit the Mailman and the Glove.

CaptainSolo1138
05-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Basketball is boring. It's athletes are overpaid thugs. It caters and appeals to an audience that doesn't include me. Should I continue? :D
The only reason I even try to catch the Pistons score is because:
*The Redwings bowed out early again.
*It's baseball season in Michigan. We all know what that means. :rolleyes:
*Basketball is going to be shown first on Sportscenter anyway no matter what. I catch the highlights and quick change the channel to avoid looking at Stewart Scott's bug eyes any longer. BOO-YAH!