PDA

View Full Version : "Action Fleet" Star Destroyer after all?

LTBasker
04-30-2004, 08:46 PM
From the preview for this year's Christmas Hallmark ornaments (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/news20040429b.html)

In the description of the Star Destroyer is says it is 5 and a half inches WIDE. Meaning it's gotta be at least 7-7 1/2" long :eek: Maybe the perfect replacement for the canceled Star Destroyer? :cheeky:

Jangu Fett
04-30-2004, 10:32 PM
I don't know about the perfect replacement. I think it will have lights and sound. I'm not sure though :confused: . And I think it will be made of the same half plastic half die-cast metal as Jango's Slave-1. Speaking of which that a Hard ornament to hang. It's pretty heavy. I hope the Star Destroyer isn't that heavy

JediTricks
05-01-2004, 01:48 AM
The hook loop looks too large for that to be 5" wide or more, maybe they meant 5.5 cm and made a mistake, or maybe they meant 5.5" long. Why is it 3PO's voice though, that seems weird? If it's over 6" long, it's probably going to be worth getting as an AF replacement, but I'd have to see it in person first to really judge that (plus, I hate having to remove those loops from these things, and I don't really like how the lights look on the centerline).

britcit3
05-01-2004, 02:35 AM
Even if it isn't a perfect replacement, I want one for the micro blockade runner - it looks cool.

If any of you Yankee Doodles see one in a store in October, could you please bag me one (I will either Paypal you or send cash)?

Cheers

Britcit3

LTBasker
05-01-2004, 02:54 AM
Sure BC3, my family always puts this year's Keepsakes in layaway when they come out, I'll see on putting in an extra one for you or just going ahead and buying it. That way I can finally return the favor after those Ep1 Micromachines you got me awhile back, just pay what's leftover after what those MM packs cost you (got two) and the shipping if that's cool? I still have the box so I can look that up for ya.

sergiurusu
05-01-2004, 04:25 AM
interesting item. What would be its price?

LTBasker
05-01-2004, 09:35 AM
It'll be $28 in the US, and $41 in Canada :eek: so I hope this thing is pretty large cause if it isn't huge..it ain't worth it.

Btw JT, I dunno if Hallmark has ever flubbed on their sizes when they list them like that. Here's hopin it's really that large though. :D

dr_evazan22
05-01-2004, 10:38 AM
I didn't see where it has 3PO's voice, but since it has a blockade runner also, then I would guess it's to reenact the opening of ANH and 3PO says something about the power plant being knocked out (or whatever that line is).

britcit3
05-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks LT

BC

sicqnus
05-03-2004, 12:15 PM
http://www.afigures.com/g/albums/Star%20Wars/Hallmark/2004/qxi4084_xlrg.jpg

Hallmark will release a Vulcan Heavy Cruiser in orctober for $28. Size : 6,7 inches long. Same thing for the SD.

JediTricks
05-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Btw JT, I dunno if Hallmark has ever flubbed on their sizes when they list them like that. Here's hopin it's really that large though. :DBut Hallmark isn't reporting this size, SW.com is, and they have been known to make mistakes... from time to time... oh dear.

:D

Anyway, I just don't trust that size, at 5.5" wide, this thing would be bigger than the AF Millennium Falcon, I've never seen a Magic Ornament that big and I don't see how it could stay up on a tree (since that is its primary function after all... ok, secondary, after "be an overpriced Hallmark collectible" ;)).

I didn't see where it has 3PO's voice, but since it has a blockade runner also, then I would guess it's to reenact the opening of ANH and 3PO says something about the power plant being knocked out (or whatever that line is). It's the first line in the descrip: 'this "scene" from Episode IV: A New Hope, is replete with tiny lights and the voice of C-3PO with the press of a small button.' Your guess about it being the ANH opening sequence makes sense , but I wish it were something more signature to the Star Destroyer itself.

Cool news Sicqnus, and I'm really surprised at how intriguing that sucker looks.

Warstar
05-10-2004, 06:25 PM
O_O!

Dang it...now that's something I'll HAVE to buy :D

SWEET!

And 5.5 Inches sounds...about right, actually. It may be in a nice AF scale. we'll have to see :)

vulcantouch
05-11-2004, 12:12 PM
-so tell me, is that. . . what. . . She said last Nite?? :cheeky:

for a whole day i tried, but in the end i just couldn't resist lol

LTBasker
05-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Anyway, I just don't trust that size, at 5.5" wide, this thing would be bigger than the AF Millennium Falcon, I've never seen a Magic Ornament that big and I don't see how it could stay up on a tree (since that is its primary function after all... ok, secondary, after "be an overpriced Hallmark collectible" ;)).

They've been having deluxe type pieces lately though, primarily the NX-01 and Slave 1. Those were die-cast, large and heavy as heck. No way they'd be supported by an adverage tree. Hopefully the Star Destroyer is just like that.

Now if someone would just release info on the Trek ornaments. :(

JediTricks
05-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Really? Dang, I've been out of the loop... speaking of which, if they're gonna bother doing 'em this way, why put those stupid loops in them anyway?

LTBasker
05-13-2004, 05:07 AM
Yeah, if that's the case with the SD I'm hoping it's somewhat diecast, but they might've swapped materials to afford the size.

The NX-01 had a pretty nice electronic (Archer voice wavs) display base which had a metal stand/hook that came up from the base between it's nacelles (rawr), and over the top hull so it could hang from it. The Slave I didn't come with something like that though, I guess it was too bulky by itself.

Jangu Fett
05-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Man that Valcun crusier is nice. I hope that has light-up engines. I still need to try to get the Scorpion Assault Flyer from ST:Nemesis. That was a AF scale ornament.

Warstar
05-18-2004, 04:48 PM
...for a whole day i tried, but in the end i just couldn't resist

No- THAT'S what she said last night :D

Seriously, how ya doin', VT? :)

Back to the topic at hand-

I wouldn't be surprised if some of Hasbro's sculptors were recruited by Hallmark- only Hallmark lets them do anything they want. Selling an Action Fleet TOY for $10 is one thing, selling an Action Fleet scale ORNAMENT with all the electrics you want and made out of any material you choose for $30 a pop is quite another ;)

Let's not forget the secondary market, either- which only serves Hallmark's ornament hype a little more.

I am going to be selling my Trek ornaments very soon- but, in the end, the only ones I'll miss are the ships :(

vulcantouch
05-20-2004, 12:31 PM
-"touche" (bob odenkirk's drowsy, snivelling convenience-store clerk to david cross' nasa officer picking up chocolate-smudged photos at same, Mr. Show ep "goin on a holiday") :crazed:

"how ya doin', VT?"
-hallmark ornies eh? if you tell me you got a starfleet legends (submicro-sized ent-e, voy & defiant- 4th picture down (http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/galstar.htm)) you'll part with for ~$6 or a trade, i'm doin great ;)

r2dee2
05-20-2004, 03:36 PM
For the conversation of C3PO and R2, you can hear it here at the HALLMARK site. (http://www.hallmark.com/) Go to Gifts and Collections and check out the 2004 Dreambook. Click on the Star Trek and Star Wars link in sidebar. Then click on the Destroyer. Then Play audio sample.
Dim: 5 1/4" W. x 2 1/2" H

good shot jansen
05-24-2004, 10:29 AM
if you haven't picked one up yet, the micro machines star destroyer playset makes a good substitute for an action fleet star destroyer. it's not as nicely fitting as the rebel transport playset was with regards to action fleet, but it is a nice playset none the less.

i could have done without the missle type launching of the tie bomber, but the opening hull section with the crane to lower and raise a mm blockade runner was nice touch.

JediTricks
05-24-2004, 04:56 PM
I really like the MM SD playset, it's one of my favorite playsets in the line, but the underside is too misshapen for me to consider it a decent replacement for the AF SD (though if I were displaying so you couldn't see the underside, it would be a go). Funny since the Rebel Transport playset is nowhere near as good a playset as the SD.