PDA

View Full Version : New OTC figures for fall.

Turbowars
04-30-2004, 08:27 PM
m

GENERAL VEERS
If you took a poll as to which Imperial Officer most collectors would like to see made, General Maximillian Veers would top the list. Veers, pardon the pun, didn't choke like the rest of Vader's English accented cronies, and was considered the prototypical Imperial by Imperial standards. While we did get a pack in with the POTF2 AT-AT back in '97, we're hoping Big H can do this one up right with removable helmet, chest plate and a holographic Darth Vader. It also opens up the possibility of a Walter Donovan Last Crusade custom for those who are inclined.

DARTH VADER (Hoth)
Another version of the Sith Lord is produced based on his appearance on Hoth. So you ask how did Vader look different in Hoth than in other sequences. Snow deco? Holographic in the AT-AT? We're curious to find out.

GAMORREAN GUARD
With Hasbro re-releasing older POTF2 figures like Wicket the Ewok, will this be a recarded '97 version? Here's hoping for new and improved, sez the Swami.

BIB FORTUNA
Jabba's Twi'lek major domo gets a makeover for 2004. Will Hasbro do a red caped variant just for kicks? This should round out the rest of the Jabba's Palace figures released this year quite nicely.

Making sure that store shelves will be stocked full of OTC action figures, Hasbro will also recard previously released figures in the blast from the past black and silver OTC packaging:

Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard
Darth Vader
General Madine
General Lando Calrissian
Han Solo AT-ST Driver
Princess Leia (Slave)

Kidhuman
04-30-2004, 08:29 PM
SO these are getting made? Sweet deal i Veers and Bibsy are getting made. Hopefully I can find that Endor wave in one form or the other.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Is this announced, or speculation? Those are all good selections, although Darth Vader in his galoshes isn't really necessary, and I'd still take General Tagge over Veers, but there's nothing there that's making me groan with disappointment. I'd gladly welcome new sculpts of the Gomorrean and Bib, but will gladly pass them over if they are simply recarded figs, too (unless my kids want them).

Turbowars
04-30-2004, 08:41 PM
SO these are getting made? Sweet deal i Veers and Bibsy are getting made. Hopefully I can find that Endor wave in one form or the other.That's what GH Swami says. I can't see Hasbro re doing the Gam Guard. He's still a pretty cool figure. I bet Veers will also be a rehash from the AT-AT

Is this announced, or speculation? I will say that it's annouced, because GH Swami is dead on 99% of the time.

kool-aid killer
04-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Veers could be interesting, only just to make the one that came with the ATAT look like a generic officer. The Gamorrean Guard is what im interested in. I would like to see a new mold (though i liked the POTF2 version) of the bad boy made. The rest dont interest me none.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-01-2004, 11:10 AM
These all sound pretty nice. Hopefully they'll be new sculpts and not rereleases. Also good to hear that the Endor wave is coming out again, I mean I haven't seen it yet so I don't know about its rarity, but still. I wonder which Leia will be rereleased, the POTF2 one or the POTJ one sans gun?

Turbowars
05-01-2004, 11:28 AM
I wonder which Leia will be rereleased, the POTF2 one or the POTJ one sans gun?I would think it would be the POTJ version. The POTF2 version looks like a guy in drag compared to the POTJ Leia.

Reefer Shark
05-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Hopefully Bib will be a new sculpt. The POTF2 one was just awful IMO, the vintage version was better than that!

Veers needs a new sculpt too, that would be cool. The AT-AT pack in was kinda weak (not god-awful like Bib though).

Hopefully Gam gaurd will be a new sculpt too. Not that the POTF2 one was bad, but it would be nice to have a few different versions for dioramas and such. Besides, aren't they already planning on re-releasing the POTF2 version in a TRU 4 pack?

Thanks for posting that Turbo. BTW: how did you get the pictures in the post like that??? That's really cool! :smoker:

Kidhuman
05-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Just link the pic to the post and type after wards.

Reefer Shark
05-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Right on, I'll have to try it.

Thanks KH! BTW: Your :beard: (http://media.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_content/2146/willy_hung.swf) links have me moving my cursor over all smilies.

Turbowars
05-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Just link the pic to the post and type after wards.I guess thats what I did, but I just copied the page from GH and pasted it here and the pics stayed, which surprised me too. Nice to see pics instead of always having to link them all the time.

vadersvette
05-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Right on, I'll have to try it.

Thanks KH! BTW: Your :beard: (http://media.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_content/2146/willy_hung.swf) links have me moving my cursor over all smilies.

Nice :beard: link! I cracked up!
Anyway, I hope that Veers is new! Still need a new R5-D4 though..... :ermm:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-01-2004, 03:14 PM
ah, i'm pretty excited about this!!! A General Veers, Bib AND new Vader?!? This is great news!! I can't wait to see sculpts for the coming months!! :D

sith_killer_99
05-01-2004, 03:24 PM
A red cape Bib...funny!

I wonder which will be harder to find. Does Hasbro plan on doing this like the blue/brown coat Han? Or will it be an official "chase" figure? :rolleyes:

Hellboy
05-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Sounds like a dream wave of figures but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they aren't re-packs. Veers and Bib fall into my personal top 5 for most wanted re-sculpts. Lets hope Hasbro does this right.

DarthBrandon
05-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Sounds like a dream wave of figures but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they aren't re-packs. Veers and Bib fall into my personal top 5 for most wanted re-sculpts. Lets hope Hasbro does this right.

Agreed Hellboy, I hope Hasbro pulls out all the stops for Veers (removable armor etc) and Bib (needs a way better sculpt), here's to wishful thinking.

BoShek
05-01-2004, 08:58 PM
This is great news. New figures but a few I can pass on like Darth.

jedimarvin
05-02-2004, 01:19 PM
This is awesome news! This year, Hasbro has really done a great job on shortening my must have list of figures. Now all I need is Chief Chirpa, Wedge Antilles and a decent Jedi Luke. Sweeet!